Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #26
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Energy vampires

There are a lot of energy vamps online. People feel protected behind their computers and lower their defenses. Energy vamps use this to their advantage and get into person's energy field very easily. Be especially aware of those who use seductive energy and just happen to have a ton of problems. Many do this unaware, but many are very aware they feel better talking to you and thus seek you out. Many people are givers and healers, and are drawn to help such people. They gain by feeling good about helping, but in the end can often become sick, withdrawn, and listless. Just ask yourself if your life has changed for the better or worse after X came along. I'm not saying dump all bad things on someone else as if they are to blame.

You can become very sensitive to these sort of people and thus shield easily from their negative affects. Most are not doing it on purpose; however, some do know what they are doing and you can stop them.

I haven't had issues with energy suckers for many years, and everything you shared Brook is spot on. Good job!
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:05 AM   #27
MadSheeple
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified Serenity View Post
There are a lot of energy vamps online. People feel protected behind their computers and lower their defenses. Energy vamps use this to their advantage and get into person's energy field very easily. Be especially aware of those who use seductive energy and just happen to have a ton of problems. Many do this unaware, but many are very aware they feel better talking to you and thus seek you out. Many people are givers and healers, and are drawn to help such people. They gain by feeling good about helping, but in the end can often become sick, withdrawn, and listless. Just ask yourself if your life has changed for the better or worse after X came along. I'm not saying dump all bad things on someone else as if they are to blame.

You can become very sensitive to these sort of people and thus shield easily from their negative affects. Most are not doing it on purpose; however, some do know what they are doing and you can stop them.

I haven't had issues with energy suckers for many years, and everything you shared Brook is spot on. Good job!
Thank you
MadSheeple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:33 AM   #28
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Yes..thanks Unified Serenity! Good information on the online scene and the possibilities
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:34 AM   #29
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified Serenity View Post

US that has got to be the best litmus test I have heard!
EV's coming out of the woodwork lately... run!!!
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:25 AM   #30
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Rituals for Energy Replenishment

Just as strengthening your immune system keeps you healthy despite constant exposure to germs, cultivating positive energy lessens your vulnerability to vampire attacks. Start by looking at what's around you--you can draw positive energy from the foods you eat, the music you listen to, even the colors you wear.

"Physical energy has a great impact on emotional energy, and vice versa". To keep both plentiful, get ample sleep, eat vitamin-rich foods, exercise each day, and monitor your stress levels. "When you're tired, burnt out, or sick, you're more susceptible to vampire assaults".

Spiritual replenishment--via meditation, prayer, or other practices--also enhances your vitality. Try these daily rituals to bring more good vibes into your life:

Say "thank you." Gratitude wards off negativity. Taking a daily 10-minute "thank-you walk" to zero in on pressing matters. If you're at work and dreading a meeting that's coming up, then take a walk around your office and say to yourself, "I know I'm stressed about this meeting, but I'm grateful for the opportunity to have it."

Start a success journal. Devote a few minutes to recording each day's accomplishments, big and small. The more you focus on success, the more success you create.

Do a 3-minute meditation. You don't need to overhaul your routine to fit in a rejuvenating meditation practice. For three minutes each day, go to a quiet space, sit down, turn off your cellphone, and concentrate on taking deep, slow breaths. Focus on a positive image, like a child's face or a red apple.

Check your emotional health. If there's a problem you're struggling with a breakup you can't get over, dissatisfaction with your career, you've made yourself a target. The vampires that get to us reflect what we haven't worked out in ourselves. But if we begin to heal, there isn't the same pull.

Be accountable. Observe how and with whom you choose to spend your time. Take inventory of the people in your life, list the ones who energize you and the ones who drain you. While it may be impossible to rid your life of energy vampires altogether, you can choose to spend more time with the friends and family members who help your spirit shine. You'll likely end up finding your way to people who bring more radiance into your life. If we work on our energy needs, we begin to attract people with more positive energy.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1
Old 11-28-2009, 05:19 AM   #31
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
these tips and information are
so you can all have a
Bright Sun Shiny Day!

YouTube- I Can See Clearly Now
thank you so much for that wonderful reminder... i really got into that song and my son thought I was headed for the funny farm.. so i just sang louder. (hehe)

it was so nice to gather peace and courage from it!
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:35 AM   #32
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

I have a 'fixer' personality, so I guess I attract EV's alot... and I found out many years ago, a very simple way of dealing with them...

1) envision a bubble shield around yourself (with only 2 holes in it- one at the top *above your head* and the other at the throat shakra or at the heart shakra)
2) envision the creator source providing energy into you -down through your head- and out of you- through the front hole directly to the other person...

that way they are not draining you of your energy, you are simply a pass-thru tool to get them the energy they need.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #33
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbusymom View Post
thank you so much for that wonderful reminder... i really got into that song and my son thought I was headed for the funny farm.. so i just sang louder. (hehe)

it was so nice to gather peace and courage from it!
that song really does do it...glad you enjoyed it
Old 11-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #34
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Energy Vamps can be persistent...some of them just won't give up.
You have it, and they want it.

sometimes you just gotta say no

Or they will suck you dry
Old 11-29-2009, 05:35 AM   #35
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

For all the energy vampires out there...yes I do feel a song coming on..and this is one of my favorites

I just gotta ask , cause people got me questioning....Where is the love?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZVxjH04aIY

yes I know..but the whole world is addicted to the drama Can you feel it?

Last edited by BROOK; 12-16-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #36
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by BROOK; 11-29-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:28 AM   #37
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I find life a lot more tranquil without the drama of others. I do wonder if that means that I'll be a loner for the rest of my life because of it.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #38
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I find life a lot more tranquil without the drama of others. I do wonder if that means that I'll be a loner for the rest of my life because of it.
i have often thought the same thing...

hey... maybe all of us loners can gather in a community and we can be...

ALONE TOGETHER (hehehe)
Old 12-01-2009, 04:28 AM   #39
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Actually, scratch this thought.

When I talk about being alone, I talk about not having intimate companionship in my life.

It will happen but I've got to kick negative thoughts like the post in quote.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #40
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I will include TROLLS as energy vampires. So don't give them creedance. Best to just ignore. I'm learning they are easily recognizable.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

The contemporary use of the term is alleged to have first appeared on the internet in the late 1980s,[3] but the earliest known example is from 1991.[4] It is thought to be a truncation of the phrase trolling for suckers. That phrase is itself derived from the fishing technique of slowly dragging a lure or baited hook from a moving boat, waiting for fish to strike, a technique known as trolling[1]. The word also evokes the trolls portrayed in Scandinavian folklore and children's tales, as they are often creatures bent on mischief and wickedness. The verb "troll" originates from Old French "troller", a hunting term. The noun "troll", however, comes from the Old Norse word for a mythological monster.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
Old 12-15-2009, 11:40 PM   #41
arcora
Banned

nobody wants your energy brook...you're dying.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #42
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
hahaha... your out of line! Have you anything real to talk about! I think not! In fact you are an energy vampire! Prove that wrong!

Bless you brook...have a wonderful day!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #43
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
Old 12-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #44
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTerrestrial View Post
hahaha... your out of line! Have you anything real to talk about! I think not! In fact you are an energy vampire! Prove that wrong!

Thank you Jester! Hope I'm not dying....I was hoping to go to the Rose Parade this year
Old 12-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #45
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTerrestrial View Post

I'd have to agree Jester. All trolls are energy vampires. So many people are quick to judge the world outside themselves rather than work on themselves. They need to take a look in the mirror sometime and look themselves in the eye. I say if we get any more trolls on Avalon we don't feed them we just leave the thread alone. A Vampire will starve if it isn't fed.
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #46
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
...The verb "troll" originates from Old French "troller", a hunting term...
Just for fun... We still use "troller" in french Quebec. It comes from the name of the lure, we call it "une trolle". So "troller" means to move the lure in order to attract the fish. Of course, we use also the same verb to express when we, the men, are going out to catch many, many fishes, the more we can get the best it is .

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:10 AM   #47
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Just for fun... We still use "troller" in french Quebec. It comes from the name of the lure, we call it "une trolle". So "troller" means to move the lure in order to attract the fish. Of course, we use also the same verb to express when we, the men, are going out to catch many, many fishes, the more we can get the best it is .

Namaste, Steven
Interesting definition when you take it in the context of this thread

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3267
Old 12-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #48
Magamud
Avalon Senior Member

Psychopathic energy which is in epidemic proportions naturally lives off creator types. Now there is the whole gambit of this type of species from interdimensional, Minions living of loosh, to the unconscious psychopath/vampire who is probably in your social circle that pays his/her taxes and supports his/her kids soccer team every saturday.

Hard to defend no doubt. Conversation will create streams of energetic fillament that they feed on. Could be as simple as a vulnerability, secret or owning your debt.

Knowing the truth of this dynamic is the best defense, inaccessibility, will block energy tendrils.

We are in a symbiotic parasitic dynamic here on earth.
Magamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:46 AM   #49
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

I would like to reference this link from an early post of mine as it relates to this topic.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...nciareal25.htm

Quote:
Case History # 2 - Encounter with a Vampire

I’m going to put in as much detail as I can recall (but without details that might give away the vampire’s identity) of this strange encounter. Each time I’ve reflected on it I see new connections in some of the details and I want to give the reader a chance to make their own connections, to connect the dots themselves.

I first met my young friend Nicholas (not his real name, and yes, I still consider him a friend) when he was seventeen or eighteen years old when I was doing I Ching readings for people in a public place. At the time of the encounter it was about two years later and Nicholas would have been nineteen or twenty.

In retrospect, Nicholas looks remarkably like an Ann Rice vampire. He was exceptionally good looking in an androgynous way and everyone commented on this. More than anyone I’ve ever met in person, Nicholas looked like a living Japanimation or anime character. He had enormous eyes, very high cheekbones, straight hair (dyed various colors) and a very small nose and mouth. A serious martial arts student, he trained constantly, and was thin with very high muscle definition.

His metabolism was so high that he ate enough for four people but had a body fat under 5%. This was a big problem for him because he had been abandoned by both parents, was always broke, and whatever money he did have had to go to the huge quantities of food he had to eat.

Also, much like an Ann Rice vampire, Nicholas was keenly intelligent and with an impressive array of talents. He had educated himself in a surprising number of areas for someone so young, and was well informed about the occult, Eastern philosophy and psychology. And although he apparently came out of a horrible trailer trash background, he was mannered, eloquent in speech, graceful in movement, and exotic in appearance. Some people instinctively mistrusted him, but to me he was unfailingly honest, thoughtful, and considerate.

Of course, I have no doubt that he presented me with his very best side because he valued me as a mentor. Still, I want to acknowledge that his conduct toward me was exemplary, and he was, strange as it sounds, a completely innocent participant (as far as I can tell) in the vampiric attack I experienced. This will become clearer later in the narrative.

On the evening of the encounter I hadn’t spent time with Nicholas for at least a year except for running into him and his girlfriend, Sapphire (not her real name) for five minutes in a health food store. This was because I had been traveling and hadn’t been in the part of the country where they lived for over a year.

After I returned from my travels I ran into Sapphire sitting at a table in a coffee shop. Also exotically beautiful, and racially unidentifiable, Sapphire was a couple of years younger than Nicholas. Although her appearance hadn’t changed much she seemed completely different than when I had first seen her over a year ago. A year ago she was someone I would never have expected to have a conversation with. She was extremely shy or at least so inwardly shut up inside herself that I never saw her relate to anyone, except in the most perfunctory way, besides Nicholas.

One time she complimented my artwork, but otherwise we scarcely exchanged a complete sentence even though I saw her almost every day. And it wasn’t just me, in the past there had been this powerful keep away field surrounding her like a force field. But now there was an amazing change, she made strong, friendly eye contact, greeted me like an old friend, and she seemed completely relaxed, open and eager to talk. I was astonished. I’ve almost never seen such an extraordinary change in someone in a year’s time.

We had a great heart to heart talk and there were two or three more such conversations in the next couple of weeks. Sapphire was only about seventeen, but now had the poise of a much older woman, was highly intelligent, articulate, precociously wise, and her exotic beauty turned heads wherever she went. She acknowledged the profound change in herself and credited most of it to the influence of Nicholas. Nicholas had, she told me, with painstaking effort, patience and insight helped her to work her way out of her problems.

On the evening of the encounter, as part of a revelation of his own life story, Nicholas told me that Sapphire had been brought up in a cult, and from the earliest age had been subjected to constant sexual abuse, had been raised to be a Kama Sutra trained sex slave. When I first met Sapphire I felt she was a borderline personality type, a person with fragmented center who seemed likely to remain that way. Given her horrendous past, this wasn’t surprising. But the improvement in her was little short of astounding.

Much of our conversation was about her relationship with Nicholas. They had been together for three or four years, which at their age was practically a lifetime. A traumatic aspect of the relationship, for her, was that she wanted to be monogamous, but Nicholas insisted on an open relationship, and he had affairs with other young women. He was never dishonest about this, did all he could to ease her discomfort, and always related to her as his principle lover. But, nevertheless, it was traumatic for her.

In the last conversation I had with Sapphire she mentioned that some guy she had known in the past, who had been abroad, had returned to town and was madly in love with her. She was apparently considering having an affair with him, since she had always been the monogamous partner in this open relationship.

A few days later it was a freezing cold night and I was hanging out in my RV when Nicholas called me on my cell phone. Although I had these heart to heart talks with Sapphire recently, I still hadn’t spent any time, besides five minutes in the health food store, with Nicholas. Sapphire told me several times that she wanted me to spend time with Nicholas because it had helped him so much in the past, but we had conflicting schedules, and it hadn’t happened yet. Nicholas told me on the cell phone that he desperately needed to talk to me that evening, that Sapphire was leaving him for this new guy and was going to live with him in another country. He was close by and I told him to come right over.

Soon Nicholas was sitting across from me in the back of my eighteen-foot RV, drinking yerba mate. Outside the wind was howling and it was one of the coldest nights of the year. The lighting in the RV was rather dim. It had been a gray, overcast day and my solar panel hadn’t fully charged the deep cycle batteries. With the propane furnace running, which uses an electric fan, electricity was low and I lit a couple of candles for more light.

Nicholas looked quite stressed compared to how he looked just a couple of weeks before. His complexion was what Ann Rice would have called, “preternaturally pale,” and he was thinner, his face looking drawn, his elfin japanimation features seemed ready to morph into Edward Munch’s The Scream.

Naturally, the first thing we talked about was his relationship with Sapphire. He reiterated some of the things that she had said about his successful efforts to help her, and told me about her abusive past. Although he had always insisted on an open relationship, and even though he knew it was hypocritical, now that the shoe was on the other foot he felt terrible. She was spending the night with this guy right now. He might have been able to work through that, but now that she was suddenly leaving him to live with this guy in another country…. Having been abandoned by his parents years ago, Sapphire was the closest thing to family he had ever experienced.

We talked about this for some time, I gave him the best advice I could, and we did a couple of I Ching readings on the subject. After the readings, Nicholas told me that he was ready to change the subject, that he had spent the whole day talking to his closest friends about this traumatic break up and he felt talked out about it.

Nicholas’s change of subject was rather unexpected and abrupt.

“I think I’m a vampire.” He said.

“How do you mean?” I asked.

“I feed off of other people’s energy.”

“Everybody does to some extent, can you give me an example?”

“For example, you.” Replied Nicholas. “From the first time I met you I wanted to feed off of your energy.”

“What do you mean by that?” I asked.

“I’ve always wanted to learn as much as I could from you, to absorb your ideas, and there’s always been a sexual undercurrent to it.”

This last part surprised me, seemed to come from left field, otherwise his explanation didn’t sound particularly vampiric. I assumed he had the hunger of a narcissistic personality type always wanting more attention. Very understandable and sympathetic considering how unparented he had been.

It’s always a good idea to pay attention when someone tells you they’re a vampire or evil. This had happened to me years before, someone told me they were evil, but I was young and too busy being sympathetic to realize that I was getting a very serious warning from someone who, indeed, was evil, but had a subordinate part of themselves that had enough love for me to give me a heads up. This evil “mutant” even told me about the exact moment in his life, at age sixteen, when he experienced (his description) “the death of his soul.”

Foolishly I ignored the warning and this resulted in, among an array of dark consequences, a vampiric energetic attack with lasting consequences. But this an even more bizarre story that might take hundreds of pages to unravel. And if that wasn’t enough a prior lesson, when I was ten years old I survived a still more dangerous and bizarre, nearly fatal, paraspsychological attack which resulted in a dog mauling and hundreds of stitches. The point is, I should have known better---I had been there before, been bitten before. A classic pitfall is that if you have survived weird darkness you may develop a fatal vanity that you know what you’re doing or that lightening won’t strike twice (an especially foolish notion if your last name is Zap).

It may be true that most evil entities and vampires don’t tell you what they are. They’re often too busy being deceptive and “the devil hath the power to assume a pleasing shape” and all that, and you have to be able to see through the guise, the enticing aura of glamour, beauty, power. But a surprising number of vampires and evil types will tell you what they are, often just once, like a subtly placed calling card, and you’d better pay attention. Often people make the mistake of thinking this person’s just a punk trying to show off, if they really were evil/vampiric, etc. they wouldn’t admit it. But many times they are both showing off and they are evil or vampiric.

And don’t forget that narcissistic punks can be evil or vampiric too. Another dangerous delusion is that if you are what I call a “mutant”----a self-transforming round peg off the accepted scale of normality---then other mutants must be your allies. As a mutant myself, I have had the blessing and privilege to be a magnet for other mutants, but I have sometimes forgotten that mutants are not just dangerous to the collective, they can also sometimes be dangerous to other mutants. This is especially true if you underestimate them, or are glamorized by their charisma into overlooking their shadow.

In Nicholas’s case he was not showing off, was not a punk (except sometimes in style of dress), and was not toying with me, not playing the game of leaving the calling card hidden in plain view. He was seeking help for an actual condition. Unfortunately, I was busy being sympathetic, rather than empathic, and taking what he was telling me too psychologically and not enough bioenergetically. We passed over the vampire part and I failed to notice the significance, that the life story he then narrated well into the night had begun with his stark statement,

“I think I’m a vampire.”

The revelation came and went too quickly, and I failed to recognize its continued relevance to the life story that followed. But in just a few more hours I would be taking it very seriously indeed.

Nicholas told me that he had no memory of the first four years of his life---it was a complete blank. He was pretty sure this was because he had been abused by his father who later abandoned him. There wasn’t a trace of incest survivor self pity or victim glamour, and his hunch seemed plausible.

A classic symptom of the abuse, which he noticed about himself, was that he had been extremely promiscuous with members of both genders from a very early age. There was a great deal of violence in his childhood. His mother went through a series of abusive boyfriends who were also abusive to him. As a young child he witnessed a brutal murder right inside his trailer home. His mother abandoned him at an early age, and he had to make it on his own as a street kid in a big city.

Much of this was a surprise to me, because even though I knew Nicholas was separated from his parents, he had a rather polished manner, was so intelligent and well educated and was always stylishly groomed and dressed in surreal costumes of various sorts from Gothic to futuristic punk to fantasy Renaissance fair attire. Presently he seemed more elf-like than vampiric. He was wearing some sort of elaborate, laced leather jerkin, a finely made Renaissance fair sort of item that looked like what Orlando Bloom wore as Legolas in the Tolkien films. He did not seem like someone from a violent, trailer trash background, though vaguely I remembered that he may have told me some of this a year before, but it never quite gelled in my mind because the detail was left out, and it was so incongruous with the Nicholas I knew.

Nicholas’s life story didn’t have any feeling of fabrication about it, much of it depicted him in an unflattering light. He had been a victim of violence from the earliest age, but as he got older, and learned how to fight, he had also been quite violent himself, and with shame and anxiety he admitted that he had severely maimed one or more persons. He was a street kid living in a dangerous urban environment. For a while he lived with a man who was a major dealer of a designer drug in the rave world. Apparently he was this man’s companion, protégé, object of infatuation, bodyguard and probably lover (I can’t recall if he made this last part explicit or not). There was a certain park he went to in the city to have anonymous encounters with members of the same gender.

By the time I met him, Nicholas’s looks, intelligence and charisma (my observations, not his) had obviously opened doors for him and he was able to make his way off the street and into more favorable circumstances, though he still lived close to the edge. But now, with the loss of Sapphire, who lived in more affluent circumstances, a big part of his emotional and physical support system was falling away.

We talked well into the night, freezing wind howling outside the RV. Sometimes the gusts were strong enough to cause this fiberglass coach to roll slightly on its suspension, like a ship lost at sea. At some point, much earlier in the evening, Nicholas realized that he had missed the last bus to the town where he had a place to stay. He was used to staying in this town with Sapphire, but, obviously, that wasn’t happening tonight. He asked if he could crash in my RV. Of course I said yes, my sleeping loft easily slept three, two with plenty of room to spare, and he didn’t seem to have any other option.

After recounting his life story, Nicholas said he was exhausted and looked it. I told him to take the far side of the sleeping loft, so I wouldn’t have to disturb him when I got up there, and took the near side. He lay down on the loft and seemed to instantly fall asleep. I followed sometime later. Usually I need less sleep than most people, and I am also a very, very light sleeper. This may be the result of years of training myself to wake up and recall my dreams.

Usually I have 100% recall, so I feel it’s a good trade off even though it is often a hardship for someone who travels as much as I do, often out of a backpack. I also tend to be hyper sensitive to human energies, and it is almost impossible, for example, for me to fall asleep or remain asleep in a dwelling where anyone else is awake. So I knew it would be tough for me to fall asleep so near to someone else’s energy field, and I wanted to make sure Nicholas was sound asleep before I even tried.

When I did go up on the loft I took the extreme near side of the loft to have as much personal space as possible. After I lay there for some minutes waiting for sleep, Nicholas rolled over in such a way that three different parts of his body, his forehead, knees and toes were lightly touching my body as he lay in a fetal position. I didn’t want to wake him, so I just lay there and eventually fell asleep.

Sometime, in the middle of the night, an inner survival warning system woke me wide-awake in an instant. I’m not sure how to describe what followed because so many things were apparent simultaneously, but can’t be described simultaneously. Describing one thing after another would seem to imply a chronological sequence, but the first several things were all apparent in the first heartbeat or two of awakeness, they were more like a simultaneous overlay of perceptions and realizations rather than a sequential cascade. Please keep this in mind as I relate the following.

I was awakened by one of the most shocking and intense things I have ever felt in a long life of shocking anomalous experiences. A massive, massive energy transfer was happening, primal life energy, chi, was pouring out of me and into Nicholas’s sleeping body which was still lightly touching mine. I found myself paralyzed, and this paralysis seemed a more active, energetic version of ordinary sleep paralysis.

I felt myself restrained with lashings of fiery energy, much the way Gulliver, in Gulliver’s Travels, awoke to find that the tiny Lilliputians had restrained him with lashings of rope over his whole body. There was a parasitic entity in the sleeping loft hovering just bellow the roof near our feet. It was like a dark cloud, or vortex, with a somewhat double convex lens shape similar to the way a spiral galaxy looks from a great distance. My visual perception of it was not definite; it was dark and amorphous with fractal boundaries and rotating movement.

I felt it energetically, a direct perception of it, and there may or may not have been an overlay of conventional, anatomical eyesight. I knew that this parasite was living in conjunction with Nicholas and was directing the massive, massive energy transfer while he slept. I felt that if this energy transfer were to continue for even three or four more heartbeats I couldn’t be sure if I would even be me anymore, if there would be anything left capable of resisting.

All of the above was a multilayered simultaneous realization. You may have experienced, I certainly have, that in life or death situations our psyche can step outside of slow, linear time thinking ego mode and go into an enhanced mode where profound layers of perception can unfold in a heart beat.

After this first heartbeat of recognition, there was a change in me, my will to resist emerged like a sword pulled from a sheath. And in my mind, a blue fire sparked, instead of fear there was an intense curiosity and fascination, I had been studying mind parasites for years and now I was able to see how it actually worked! With my mind fully awake, and my will activated to stop this vast, insidious suction of energy, the color temperature of my psychic energetic metabolism had switched from red to blue, an energy that is apparently unnourishing, even dangerously toxic to parasites. The dark spiral cloud entity made a distinct sound at that point, the only way I can language this sound (it’s meaning was instantly apparent) is to say that it was the sound of primal frustration of a very hungry animal that has been interrupted in the middle of feeding.

With my mind and will fully awakened, the parasitic cloud entity vanished like a puff of smoke, leaving not even a hazy residue. The energy transfer had already stopped and it was just me and Nicholas on the sleeping loft. All of this occurred in a space of less than six heartbeats, possibly as few as three or four, but it had indelibly etched itself on my memory.

Now perhaps you can make sense of my earlier statement that Nicholas was an innocent participant in the vampiric attack (as far as I can tell). Nicholas has never consciously acted to harm me in any way (unlike the person who warned me he was evil!). Even the attack did not appear to be harmful (because I had successfully resisted it). I didn’t feel drained the next day, or ill in anyway. Again, this was a dramatic contrast to the other vampiric attack, many years before, that left me ill for weeks afterwards. Months after I recovered from that illness, which much resembled giardia—a parasitic infection----the vampiric person called me on the phone from South Korea while I was in Manhattan, thousands of miles away, and within two minutes, before I hung up the phone, the illness returned!

Ultimately, the experience with Nicholas was a peak learning event revealing much about a very significant phenomenon. This does not mean that I encourage anyone to approach vampires to learn from them. “Studying the dark side” is one of the most classic ways to get sucked into the dark side, and that remains one of the most likely pitfalls for me.

Returning to my narrative, I stayed awake on the sleeping loft for some time, possibly the rest of the night, thinking about what happened and reinforcing the experience, both the conversation with Nicholas and the attack, into memory. I felt perfectly safe afterwards, though as an extra precaution I did an inner practice called “Theater of Memory,” which, among other virtues, is very effective in sealing and protecting energetic boundaries.

The following morning I told Nicholas what I had experienced and he seemed interested, but not the least surprised. He reminded me that he had told me the night before that he was a vampire, that he fed off of other people’s energy, and that he had always been attracted to mine! I could hardly accuse him of pulling the wool over my eyes. My tone was not accusatory or asking for apology, but one of fascination with what I had learned. We parted on good terms, though I have not seen Nicholas or Sapphire ever since then.

There are many interesting details in this case study to comment on. The first that comes to mind is the paradoxical complexity of Nicholas as symbiont/host to a vampiric parasite and the many positive, even exemplary, things about him. Ann Rice’s vampires have much this same uneasy mixture of the admirable and the horrific. Nicholas had clearly had an astoundingly positive effect on Sapphire, though he also suggested that his vampiric nature may have been unsatisfying to her erotically, and may be what caused her to seek fulfillment with another lover.

Nicholas was a classic candidate for parasitical attack and infection as an extremely attractive male adolescent. He may have been repeatedly raped as a small child, and was certainly highly promiscuous there after. Just as physical sex is now known as a great disease vector for microbiological parasites---as above, so bellow---it is also a likely vector for energetic parasites. Similarly, a voracious appetite for food, with an inability to put on weight, is sometimes a symptom of physical parasites, like tape worms, perhaps it is also a symptom of energy parasites that want to rev up the metabolic fires of their hosts. In the movie, The Matrix, Neo is derisively called “Coppertop,” a reference to Duracell batteries, and a reminder to him that he exists to be used as a disposable energy source for parasitic machines.

The way Nicholas’s vampirism worked had remarkable parallels to the origin of vampires that eventually unfolds in Ann Rice’s Vampire Chronicles. In her vampire cosmology, a spirit, a disembodied entity (spirits are often said to be jealous of those possessing physical bodies) that has an affinity for human blood, is able to merge with the bodies of an ancient King and Queen of Egypt through the apertures of bloody wounds opened in their bodies by the stabbing knives of assassins. The King, Queen and the disincarnate spirit become bonded, merged symbionts, and a new species is created, neither flesh nor spirit---the vampires. Nicholas, a self proclaimed vampire, seemed to be a symbiont/host of a disembodied parasitic entity.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:50 AM   #50
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiate View Post
Interesting definition when you take it in the context of this thread

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3267
That is exactly it. The definition of "troller" is just that. I'm glad it came out, so now we know true motive and intention. Not very well hidden though.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote