Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
clovince

Default Anyone else suffered from this type of sleep paralysis?

It's something that happened to me, my brother and our mother admitted to have had the same when she was young.

In our case though, although we all assumed it was sleep paralysis since it was the only medical reference we could find, we did not wake up paralysed at all. We'd wake up in the night, late, but we could move freely. Then as we look around us, we see our room and everything in it. But it's just like our dream don't stop and it goes on around us while we're awake ! Unfortunately, it happened to us three while we we're pretty young (somewhere around 7 years old) and the dreams that "survive" our waking up tended to be scary of course, probably because when we wake up, we are scared that there will be monsters or ghosts to be seen, so we probably are provoking it.

I lately spoke about it again with my brother, sharing with him what we both respectively saw since we hadn't talked about it in years, and although we always felt he had the worst visions (at least one night every week, he was waking up to see something scary in his room), as I explained to him what I saw, he told me that it was far from what he experienced, since he was seeing all sorts of monsters and dead people and giant insects etc. but he said it was never convincing enough so he would believe it. As soon as he moved, closed his eyes and reopened them, looked a little longer and so on, what he saw simply vanished in the blink of an eye. He said "even if I was young, there was no question these were visions or dreams. What I saw was a lot more vivid.

For example, I woke up one night, it was somewhere around 3 o'clock in the morning and I realized that what woke me up was a repetitive sound. Just so you know, my room gave on the hallway so by looking at the doorway from my inside my room, I would simply see the opposite wall, then somone walking from their room to the kitchen (let's say) would be seen walking in front of my door from the left to the right. Our hallway had a squeaky floor and someone was walking on it. My first reaction was to be happy, cos I hated to wake up at three and try to go back to sleep when everything was dead in the house, but I thought one of my parents was awake and walking, and that reassured me and I felt "protected". But then the walking never stopped, like someone was walking in front of my door, then turning around and passing again, then again and so on. I thought that was not a normal behavior for my parents, or considering the time it was. So I turned around to see who was there, and I remember to have been terrorised by what I saw walking, as it didn't seem human at all. It looked 7 feet tall, had weird clothing and I can't remember clearly what it was, cos I think I was so scared that my memory kind of shut off what I saw. So I turned around and hid myself under the blankets, not moving, not breathing, hoping that this "thing" would not stop walking in front of my room's door and walk in it, and without exagerating, I think I must have heard the squeaking footsteps for at least 5 to 6 minutes after that.

See, as I explained that to my brother, he said his visions were never so long, never a mix of sounds and images (in fact, he never actually heard anything) and it never lasted more than some seconds.

On another night, I was sleeping again (back then, we had bunk beds and I slept in the top one) and for some reason, I kept my eyes closed and leaned from the side of my bed, like if I thought it was too hot up there and I was seeking some colder air to breath, although for some reason, I think I made that up as an explanation because I have no idea as to why I actually did that. Then I opened my eyes and I saw two people standing in my room. One was standing in front of my window and appeared to be looking outside at my front yard while the other one was standing aside my bed and he was looking at me in the eyes. As I was leaning forward, his nose was nearly 5 centimeters away from mine, to give you an idea... I again can't remember well what they looked like, but I do remember they were wearing the exact same clothes, so much that it could as well be the same person two times. As I was backing up and went back in my bed, the two people were still there, and their three dimentionality as I was going backward didn't seem weird or fake or cartoonish at all. Then it's like I fell quickly back to sleep, cos I remember nothing at all as soon as I reached my pillow.

As I was explaining that to my brother, a memory I had burried long ago came back to me. In fact, I had burried it because there was absolutely no explanation I could give to it, not even sleep paralysis.

At the same age, I was having my cousin sleeping home. We were sleeping in the same room. We were best friends in the world and of course, when he came to my place (he was living an hour away by car from my place so I didn't see him often), there was no way we would go to sleep immediately. We would talk for hours before finally going to sleep. It was bedtime (as decided by my parents that could stand us no more ! ) and I went in my room to wait for him. Once more, like in my first story I told you about, my room was giving in the hallway from the side of it, not at the end of it, so I would see the opposite wall through my doorway from inside my room. I wasn't sleepy at all, I was very, very awake. To give you an idea of my house, if you went out of my room and turned left, you would go to the other rooms connected to the hallway. By turning right, you were heading to the kitchen, living room and the bathroom. My cousin was preparing to go to bed, probably in the washroom (or so I hope...) and I remember knowing that all the members of my family present that night was either in the living room or the kitchen, not in their rooms. I was yelling at my cousin to come and join me but he didn't answer my call. Then someone walked very, very slowly in front of my doorway, coming from the side where the rooms were. I remember first thinking it was my cousin because he was small like a child, but I do remember well he had very pale colored skin, clothes very pale in color (almost the same color as the skin) and very big round eyes staring directely at mine. It's face was very serious and I remember analysing that it seemed troubled or in a very dramatic mood. I then became paralysed with fear and I did want to believe it was in fact my cousin (although it was obviously not him) and I called his name in a very weak voice, as if I was asking him "what's wrong with you?". Then it walked away towards the rooms again. Moments later my cousin did arrive, and I asked him to go and see if there was anyone at all in the hallway or in the other rooms. He verified and there was nobody to be seen.

Thinking back at this story, I realized that all those years, I clung to the big inhuman eyes of the being that came to see me as a proof that it was an hallucination, since nobody has such big eyes in the world!

Anyone of you people that read this far have had such visions? Of course, the "alien" explanation comes quickly to mind, but before to reach this possibility that I do not refuse to consider, I'd like to know if anyone would have another idea that would "stick" to it.

Thanks in advance, may peace be with you all.

Vince

Last edited by clovince; 10-05-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Anyone else suffered from this type of sleep paralysis?

Google, Astral Projection
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:12 AM   #3
Greg10036
Avalon Senior Member

Yes. Many times in the past. Now if I get pulled, they put me in deep sleep or I experience vivid dreams. Guess I am getting too old for waking paralysis. hee. Sounds like some of what you have experienced is simply fright. Always ask your guardian angel to protect you. You are loved.
Greg
Greg10036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #4
Ali Quadir
Avalon Senior Member

In very broad terms the dreams in your mind are created by a system that should be suppressed when you're awake. But sometimes that doesn't completely happen and you wake up partly inside your dream still.. I only remember a few instances where it happened to me.

It's not sleep paralysis. That just means your body is asleep when it should be awake. What you're experiencing is being awake and dreaming at the same time. I don't remember what it's called and cannot find it at the moment.

Its more likely to happen when you're very tired but cannot fall asleep. Soldiers often experience the effect on exercises. You're walking in the forest for some exercise, just following the guy in front of you. But around you you start seeing things like witches and dragons and stuff. You've essentially fallen asleep but your body keeps you semi conscious so you can continue walking. It can be disorienting.

I don't think it's a big issue. Even if I can imagine it to be frightening for a child. Just take some time to allow yourself to fully wake up.
Ali Quadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
clovince

Thanks for your answers, I do think that my body staying semi-conscious but being basically sleeping anyway mixes my dreams with the reality, and that would definitely stick with some of those visions I had, but in the last example, I was absolutely not asleep, not even close to it.

I actually thought of trying hypnosis to have a good look at that big eyed being a second time...

May peace be with you all,

Vince
Old 10-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
Ali Quadir
Avalon Senior Member

If it was an alien or not I cannot answer of course. And I won't speculate since my speculations could only cause more confusion.

I do know that our usual belief "Asleep means not awake" and "Awake means not asleep" are not completely valid, You can be "awake", "asleep", "awake and asleep at the same time". Or "Not awake and not asleep".

So I don't know for certain how I should interpret your "I was definately not asleep" statement.

My advice would be to not question wether this experience is true or not because it might be impossible to find out. Yet analize the information in the experience, and keep that in mind. At some point it might become relevant validating your experience. And at the same time allowing you to respond more adequately to the experience.

Think of it this way: If it was a dream.. You might dream of them again. If you respond accurately to them in your dream it will be a better dream. And if it was more than a dream... All the better.

Maybe we don't always need to know if something is real or not.
Ali Quadir is offline   Reply With Quote