Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #26
Scarab
Banned

Default Re: Experimenting with Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel in Disguise View Post
Who knows and who cares, it just happens.
http://www.nwf.org/nationalwildlife/...articleid=1043
Yes, it does. Always around the same TIME.

How about the swallows. Did you research that too?
Scarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:49 AM   #27
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
Yes, it does. Always around the same TIME.

How about the swallows. Did you research that too?
No, not going to bother cause you aren't understanding me so even if I researched it I know it would be a waste of my 'time'... Although I have no problem agreeing to disagree
Angel in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #28
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Scarab is an antagonist, he got banned under another name a few days ago.
New Age Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #29
Scarab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Age Messiah View Post
Scarab is an antagonist, he got banned under another name a few days ago.
Not an antagonist. More of a critical thinker.

I have noticed you and the angel there making reference to 'wasting time' and 'a few days ago'.

Or is that illusion?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #30
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

I didn't see that, don't like to see it but didn't feel that in this thread until you mentioned he was the guy that got banned... I was little sad to see that but again I missed the whole banned thing so I will not be making judgement...
Old 12-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #31
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I have noticed you and the angel there making reference to 'wasting time' and 'a few days ago'.

Or is that illusion?
Oh Scarab... we all have different illusions and yours may not be the same as ours and that's ok... Which is why we can agree to disagree
Old 12-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #32
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Or is that illusion?
You're a critic, all you want to do is criticize, and jab and poke and needle and basically you're up to no good.

Whatever.
New Age Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:02 AM   #33
Scarab
Banned

Quote:
Oh Scarab... we all have different illusions and yours may not be the same as ours and that's ok... Which is why we can agree to disagree
Believe it or not, I have an open mind.

Show me (in simple terms and your own words) how time is an illusion. Please explain how the examples from nature I gave fit into the illusion and also please explain how the illusion applies to the limited days in a man's life.

I do want to learn. It's just that, at the surface, it sounds like bunk.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #34
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Believe it or not, I have an open mind.

Show me how time is an illusion. Please explain how the examples from nature I gave fit into the illusion and also please explain how the illusion applies to the limited days in a man's life.

I do want to learn. It's just that, at the surface, it sounds like bunk.
It sounds bunk because you're not open to seeing the opposite of what you know or think you know or perhaps were taught... Once you master that the possiblities are endless... or should I say 'timeless'
Old 12-21-2009, 08:06 AM   #35
Scarab
Banned

Quote:
It sounds bunk because you're not open to seeing the opposite of what you know or think you know or perhaps were taught... Once you master that the possiblities are endless... or should I say 'timeless'
If you don't want to explain it, that's OK too. Maybe somebody else can?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #36
Banned

I don't know if scarab is necessarily saying you are wrong.

I think he just wants you to explain why you think that, if you understand why or are just parroting another new age bullet point.

I'm just guessing though on that. Maybe I'm not understanding either.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #37
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Best way to explain it is it's like when you go on vacation... You often lost track of the time, you see it's day or night but you never know what time nor day it is... It doesn't matter, it just IS. Does that help?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #38
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 371 View Post
I don't know if scarab is necessarily saying you are wrong.

I think he just wants you to explain why you think that, if you understand why or are just parroting another new age bullet point.

Maybe I'm not understanding either, though.
I'm not taking it as wrong, more like different views and that's ok... I have no problem with that whatsoever. Just find it hard to express what I know in that sense, trying but obviously having difficulties and that is not Scarab's fault. If anything it's mine
Old 12-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #39
Scarab
Banned

Quote:
Best way to explain it is it's like when you go on vacation... You often lost track of the time, you see it's day or night but you never know what time nor day it is... It doesn't matter, it just IS. Does that help?
Honestly. No.

Because during that vacation, if you're flying on an airplane and staying at a hotel, taking tours or doing activities, there are check in times, waiting times, check out times, show times, tour times etc.

Even if you walk into the wilderness for vacation, there is a time to leave, a time to sleep, a time to eat and when you return you will have spent x days and/or y hours in the wildernes.

Time will have passed.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 AM   #40
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Honestly. No.

Because during that vacation, if you're flying on an airplane and staying at a hotel, taking tours or doing activities, there are check in times, waiting times, check out times, show times, tour times etc.

Even if you walk into the wilderness for vacation, there is a time to leave, a time to sleep, a time to eat and when you return you will have spent x days and/or y hours in the wildernes.

Time will have passed.
The point is... What if there wasn't?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #41
Scarab
Banned

Quote:
The point is... What if there wasn't?
OK. The 'what if' makes it pretty clear to me now. Thank You.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #42
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

I'm just really curious to know what they mean by pushing boundaries.

I'm ready to play.
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:43 AM   #43
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

It's either clear or it's not and I'm not convinced you 'clearly' understand by your response... Was that condescending or was it really 'clearly' understood?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #44
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Kids get hungry after enough time has elapsed since their last meal.
What you say seems more like a coincidence to me.

Actually they get hungry because they ran out of the last lot of food, and the body is ready for more. This can take varying lengths of time.

There may be no relation between this physiology and time. It is quite possible that time is still irrelevant to this process, but we are conditioned to see it as relevant.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #45
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Scarab - You are having entirely too much fun with this. (he heh)
Ever see the movie "Deep Blue Sea" ?

1982, Alain Aspect conducted some experiments in particle physics.
"Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart.

University of London physicist David Bohm, for example, believes Aspect's findings imply that objective reality does not exist, that despite its apparent solidity the universe is at heart a phantasm..."
So time, along with space becomes either an all-inclusive "now", or a paradox.

Finally, there is a great family-owned "greasy spoon" restaurant about 6 miles from me called El Rancho. They do an incredible omelet!

How's 12:30 Monday sound for lunch?

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #46
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I'd like to try.

When you are focussed on an very absorbing task - one that you enjoy, time passes but most people can relate the experience of when the awareness of time passing does not happen. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it can be quite profound.

When you are done with your task - you realise how much time has passed - yet you are amazed at the disconnect between that fact and how it actually feels

In my view - if you can relate to that - then there lies a clue to what I think is being expressed.

I would say that it is the experience of time that is an illusion.

Time is a fact not an illusion. Time passes. Linear time is experienced, it can be measured. The original post does not refute that either. It simply says the mechanics are changing.

Have you never driven from A to B and then suddenly realised you just arrived with no recollection of the minutiae of details that happened on the journey - nor the passage of time associated with it? It is a common experience among people undergoing energetic changes within their bodies.

A..
Old 12-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #47
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Hey Anchor... how's it going?

That was why I asked,
Ever see the movie "Deep Blue Sea" ?

In there is a great explanation of that:
"Put your hand on a hot stove, a second can seem like an hour.
Put your hand on a hot woman, and an hour goes by like a second."

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #48
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
"Put your hand on a hot stove, a second can seem like an hour.
Put your hand on a hot woman, and an hour goes by like a second."
Somewhat crude but effective analogy

A..
Old 12-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #49
Scarab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
I'd like to try.

When you are focussed on an very absorbing task - one that you enjoy, time passes but most people can relate the experience of when the awareness of time passing does not happen. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it can be quite profound.

When you are done with your task - you realise how much time has passed - yet you are amazed at the disconnect between that fact and how it actually feels

In my view - if you can relate to that - then there lies a clue to what I think is being expressed.

I would say that it is the experience of time that is an illusion.

Time is a fact not an illusion. Time passes. Linear time is experienced, it can be measured. The original post does not refute that either. It simply says the mechanics are changing.

Have you never driven from A to B and then suddenly realised you just arrived with no recollection of the minutiae of details that happened on the journey - nor the passage of time associated with it? It is a common experience among people undergoing energetic changes within their bodies.

A..
I can agree fully that our perception of how quickly time passes changes. It seems to be based mostly on how much attention we pay to time.

8 or 10 hours of sleep passes with immediacy.

I was questioning the posters who stated that 'time is an illusion' and seemed to state that no day is different from any other.

As for the OP, if the rotation of the earth is speeding up, then days will become shorter. If (and I mean IF) the earth's core spins at a different rate than the earth's crust, I would say that would have no bearing on our perception of time.

Time is the measurement of speed at which interstellar and intersolar objects move through space in relation to each other.

I don't think anyone here can experiment with that.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #50
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

i can't say i intentionally experiement with time ... i feel that slowly ... time itself has been teaching me something of significance ...

that it doesn't exist ...

this began many years ago ... had to refrain from wearing watches as every part of me would race with anxiety ... i couldn't handle it any longer ...

what i have come to experience ... is that time is something we had given birth to ... time is a limitation ... just like many of the other boundaries we have placed before and around us ... wrapped our selves in ...

time is not ... natural ...
time is not within us ... time is without us ...

slowly ... the greater the truth of the time concept began to break down for me ... the more i transcended it ... experiencing life via instinct and intuition ...

seconds ... minutes and hours ...
days ... months and years ...
schedules ...
sure i know and feel them to remain ... but i feel them to be not of who i really am ... not of my core essence ... not of what is natural ...

and i'll make it to an app't when i need to ... but things are very different now ... i do so but i give time very little priority anymore ...

i love the days when i can just be ... do what i want ... when it feels right to do so ... simply working from within ... this is what feels true and right these days ...

many years ago i remembered being so governed by time ... oh my goodness ... what if i don't get there on time ... what if this or that doesn't happen on time ...
heaven forbid ... what if i forgot to do something ... on time ...

then the barriers of such began to crumble ... it is now that i get just as much done ... if not more ... and SO MUCH more effortlessly ... if i do so from within ... everything just seems to get done and work out fine ... and then ... i sit and go wow ... where did time fly ...

it is because i am living from the heart i believe ... the heart being within ...
not living by some clock ... from without ...
within is natural ... feels right ... i feel we will be living more fully ... from the beat of our hearts ...

and days that i feel to not do too much then hey ... those days too i feel now have much significance as the body speaks it needs to just be ...

it is when the barrier of time began to fade for me ... that i began to jump realities as well ... experiencing the overlap of dimensions ... as one ... transcending this limitation we have labelled as time ...

i know without a doubt now ... for my self ... that time does not exist ... we have made it so ... and it has governed us ... which is not such a negative thing as it does streamline the workings of this world ...

but in doing so ... we have forgotten that we also have an inner clock per se ... we dismiss what feels true and right within and live accordingly so ... and this is not so beneficial ... then we end up living life experiences of pretense ... of falsehoods ... of another's time clock ... not lives of truth and reality of what really is ... for our selves ...
because we have dismissed what our inner selves speak ...

i remember a few years ago actually feeling other realities flowing and overlapping into what i thought was and could only be ...
and time ... as i thought was ... and the power it had ... slowly began to fade ... i had so many experiences with that ... or 'time experiments' ... which opened up so much more for me ... beyond time ... into space ...
and what is real ... and what is not what it appears to be ...

this truth of time had to be one of the most profound teachings for me ... and continues to be so ...
i have learned so much as really ... when we begin to understand ... through feeling ... that time is not of the essence ... that BEing is of the essence ... EVERYTHING begins to reveal itself ... because yet again ... another barrier has been taken down ...

sure we'll have to continue adhering to schedules and such ... but i feel daily life will be so much different coming up ... the emphasis of being more sovereign ... we DO have the ability to wake up when we want to ... be somewhere when we need to be ...
without clocks everywhere ...
we have these abilities within our selves ... and this is just the beginning ...
it is about TRUSTING that we do ... and going with the flow ... of what feels true and right within ...

time for me to go ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote