Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #11
anonypony
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon

There are few points raised here which I would like to respond to, lets begin with the House of Lords hearing of the case, I noticed that murnut quoted some of it here, with own emphasis and highlights, I am grateful, it gives me the opportunity to discuss it.

The credibility of the House of lords report and what has happened in reality

The basis of the house of lords hearing of the case stemmed from the difference between the legal system in the UK and the USA.
And aimed to determine if the plead bargain that was offered was pure threat or mere outlining to the accused of his options!

Gary’s legal team had documented evidence of the meeting where the threat was made, including a RECORDING of the meeting which could prove his case (of being threatened) either way, That evidence was STOLEN from Gary’s solicitors office in the last minute before the hearing.

Officials that were not present in this meeting (where Gary was threatened) are suddenly giving evidence that they were present with very little to prove the fact...

And more such anomalies were abundant throughout...

I ask myself: If Gary had no leg to stand on, why go to such length to eliminate all the evidence?

When I read the House of Lords report for the first time, I was amazed at the inaccuracies that appeared in it and the purpose those serve in ‘creating a particular perception’. Here is one example to highlight my point:

The house of lords report reads:
“16. Analysis of the appellant’s home computer confirmed these allegations. During his interviews under caution, moreover, he admitted responsibility (although not that he had actually caused damage). He stated that his targets were high level US Army, Navy and Air Force computers and that his ultimate goal was to gain access to the US military classified information network. He admitted leaving a note on one army computer reading:

“US foreign policy is akin to government-sponsored terrorism these days . . . It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand down on September 11 last year . . . I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels . . .” “
“Analysis of the appellant’s home computer confirmed these allegations.” In reality we are yet to see this evidence if you read what are these allegations, you will see that a lot of it centres on DAMAGE and MALICIOUS INTENT, both always denied by Gary!

Malicious Intent: The HL ruling reads:
“15. The appellant’s conduct was alleged to be intentional and calculated to influence the US Government by intimidation and coercion. It damaged computers by impairing their integrity, availability and operation of programmes, systems, information and data, rendering them unreliable. The cost of repair was alleged to total over $700,000.”
This is based on the way his massages are interpreted however In reality Gary left 3 separate messages on 3 different occasions

1.US foreign policy is akin to government-sponsored terrorism these days
2. It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand down on September 11 last year
3. I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels

Presenting it as one whole message takes it out of context and exaggerate the severity of it...

Another example of creating a false perception is not by what you say, but by what you don’t say.
The lords deliberate and present that the difference in severity of punishment between taking the plea offer or not, is not that great! 3, 4 years compared with 8-10 years, it stats:
“20. If, however, the appellant chose not to cooperate, and were then extradited and convicted, he might expect to receive a sentence of 8-10 years, possibly longer, and would not be repatriated to the UK for any part of it. He would accordingly serve the whole sentence in a US prison (possibly high security) with at best some 15% remission.”
In reality what they failed to mention throughout the report - is how many counts of 8 to 10 years are added up, which will be up to 70 - 80 years!

Creating a perception is the name of the game ‘WINING OUR HEARTS AND MINDS’ at all cost, is the real war here!

And the only effective way I know to fend this off, is by GETTING INFORMED so perception become based on facts not fantasy!

P.S Did I mention the lord presiding over this case is a high ranking ex UK secrete service?

Best wishes
Anony Pony
anonypony is offline   Reply With Quote