Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 02:46 AM   #1
SirKnight
Avalon Senior Member

Default MONEY MYTH & SOCIAL CREDIT How to better understand banks and credit

I found these very informative articles not only about understanding money and credit but also what is called Social Credit. Easy to understand lessons on money and how the lending institutions have us by the bxxxs.

http://www.michaeljournal.org/myth.htm

http://www.michaeljournal.org/plenty42.htm
SirKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:33 AM   #2
Northboy
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: MONEY MYTH & SOCIAL CREDIT How to better understand banks and credit

The principles of the Social Credit system were employed in Alberta during the depression and were used to build the province of British Columbia.

BC had a Social Credit government for over 20 years and this was when the dams were built and the interior opened up. The result was that 80% of the economy of BC currently is small business (SMEs). If you want to see the result of adopting a social credit system just look at BC.
Northboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:46 AM   #3
Mizar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: MONEY MYTH & SOCIAL CREDIT How to better understand banks and credit

Nice Post Northboy, indeed we had the Social Credit Gov't for quite awhile, they took a garbage dump in the coast mountains and turned it into Whistler, now tax revenues from Whistler are increasing every year, far surpassing the pittance they put into it in 1982.
M
Mizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:22 AM   #4
Northboy
Avalon Senior Member

The real key to the government of BC's success is its willingness to sink investment into the landscape. In true socred fashion, they've just started a new ministry of community development to address small town stuff. I meet with a rep later this week.

Its like the way they did the carbon tax thing, by making it law to reduce income based taxes by the same amount. This moves the tax system from an income based tax to a consumptive (pay as you use) tax. I'm not a provincial liberal, but this is the kind of thing that was discussed 20 years ago.

btw- I was asked to run for the socred party in the "day".
Northboy is offline   Reply With Quote