Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Have a coke, have a smile - NOT

http://caloriecount.about.com/wow-do...k-soda-ft53145

The following is quoted from the page:

Here is the website:
http://www.healthbolt.net/2006/12/08/what-hap pens-to-your-body-if-you-drink-a-coke-right-n ow/

If you don't want to go to an external site, here is the information for you:

Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile? It's because it gets you high. They took the cocaine out almost a hundred years ago. You know why? It was redundant.

In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don?t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.

20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat.

40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.

45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

>60 Minutes: The caffeine's diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you'll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.

>60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you'll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You've also now, literally, ****** away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Have a coke, have a smile - NOT

Man, if it wasn't for rum I'd never touch the stuff.. But because coke is sooooooooo tasty with a nice spiced rum its all I drink... Which I hate.. But I discovered that coke imported from Mexico doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup, so I think that may be a little better, not really.
Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
EpiphaMe

phosphoric acid.... oh me oh my.. if you would like an informative book, read "Minerals for the Genetic Code". Persevere beyond the first 50-60 pages, you will BE edified. Will change your WHOLE perspective, even IF you are not one to drink colas!!!

Example: enteric coated tablets (ie: baby aspirin) you are taking in 45 mg aluminum; baking powder - aluminum laced; all pharmaceutical meds have aluminum as filler; ALL food colors/dyes have aluminum (orange cheese anyone?), you won't find the ingredients to food dyes on any label...

drinking colas is a poor choice for hydration.!!!!!!!

talk about mind control............
Old 03-24-2009, 03:01 AM   #4
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Ouch...

If it weren't for JACK DANIEL'S, I probably wouldn't need to drink the stuff.

I assume that DIET COKE with its lethal ASPARATAME is still much worse?
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:49 AM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Some of you people really need to take a long hard look at what you are putting in your bodies. Seriously - you need to purify your diets sooner rather than later.

Most people on this forum must recognise that there is risk of a first world food crisis. Some people will instantly crash from being used to nicotine, caffeine, alchohol, high carbs, hi fats etc to being freaking hungry.

I think it will drive some people insane!

I have been experimenting with 24hr fasting once per week. I was interested in knowing how my body would react if food was not available. Nice side effect was the de-tox and weight loss The first time convinced me to drink less tea/coffee - the headache from the caffeine crash was really nasty. I know that in a crisis I dont want that affliction. I want to be confident that I can surive clear-headed on water. My guiding theory is that the only way you can do that is to get free from toxins.

I have been known to drink the odd can of coke - I am not sure I will anymore though. I still drink coffee, but its less than once per day on average. I have some way to go, but I am moving to a more fruits/nuts/salads/steamed veggies based diet at the moment.

A..
Old 03-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #6
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Anchor, if or when there is a food crisis I think everyone's diet will be determined by geographic location. Everyone in the colder climates won't have fruits and vegetables in the winter, it'll be mostly meat and fish until summer arrives. Once summer arrives then you would be able to grow as many things as you can and hope that they last through the winter, but that all depends on what type of growing season they had.

I love all kinds of food and am not going to give any of it up until I absolutely have to!
If I can survive the pain of kidney stones, then I can survive a coffee headache and nicotine withdrawl and sugar shock all at the same time, LOL
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #7
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Speaking as a kidney stone sufferer in times past, that is before I drunk enough water and stopped them reoccurring - you have my respect!

I had the whole nine-yards - renal colic - the works!

A woman I spoke with said she had given birth to large babies and had renal colic - and she reckoned renal colic was worse

I actually had one of my first higher self contacts during the extreme pain. It was a cosmic joke (I didnt get it at the time though, only later): the voice was saying, "Dont worry - it will pass, it will pass".

A..
Old 03-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #8
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: Have a coke, have a smile - NOT

Im moving to a tropical paradise in a couple of months. Going to detox and start collecting survival/camping equipment, portable solar-panels, things like that.

Alcohol occasionally in moderation is not going to kill you.

There is far more dangerous things like; COKE, viruses, fast food, fast women, religion

I think people who smoke cigarettes are suicidal.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #9
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Your in Brisbane, what could be nicer
Old 03-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Ugh I gave up fizzy drinks when I was 14 (thank you Mother - along with artificial colourings, flavourings, preservatives, gelatin and most E-numbers) and then for the next few years had a Sprite twice a year for some reason. Now I've given up processed/refined sugar altogether, never had artificial sweeteners, and replaced it with Stevia but I don't usually need to use it anyway. The only places I can't avoid it is in ready-made items that I buy and don't make myself, most of those have raw cane sugar though.

As for coke in particular, I wouldn't have had that anyway, since they only recently stopped testing it on chimpanzees but obviously when I was clueless and not as considerate I had Sprite and other drinks from the Coca-Cola brand.

Last edited by She-Ra; 03-24-2009 at 10:13 AM.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote