Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation UK starting to ban guard dogs (german shep's as well)

The goverment have started to ban 11 breeds of dog in Ireland.
All council tenents are not allowed the following list of dogs.
1) English Bull Terrier,
2) Staffordshire Bull Terrier,
3) American Pit Bull Terrier,
4) Rottweiler,
5) German Shepherd (Alsatian),
6) Doberman,
7) Rhodesian Ridgeback,
8) Japanese Akita,
9) Bull Mastiff,
10) Japanese Tosa
11) Bandog.

Cross-breeds of these dogs or crosses of these dogs with any other breed are also banned.

This will also start in the UK very soon.
They have started with the council tenents first and are going to make these 11 breeds also banned for home owners as well.

I do some charity work for the dobermann wealfare in england and we are being swamped with homeless dogs and Irish people trying to rehome their dogs.....and goverment say if they are not rehomed within a time period they will be put to sleep.......

http://www.vegaplanet.org/?p=279
You can see where this is going.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: UK starting to ban guard dogs (german shep's as well)

Hey... im a big lover of animals and its terrible to see this happening to these dogs. When are they going to realise that it simply isnt a matter on the breed of dog...it is a question and a problem of how they are handled and cared for and reared that determines how the dog interacts with people.

peace

bananaman
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Could this be stating the obvious?What i mean is these dogs could possibly be a threat to any martial law that could be instated at any point-be rid of all threats before going in and taking over the public sector?Fear factories in the making-these dogs are well behaved if treated properly-i love all animals-this is not the way to brandish a mantra for protecting society!It's so transparent to me this manoeuvre.Breed fear is what they're after and not love.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
Metamike
Avalon Senior Member

It would seem that England is going to the Dogs! It is very strange that a democracy as old as England is able to become the most ruled, controlled and watched country in the world. Negative polarization has really just taken off!
I used to live in Derby in 70-71. I am certainly glad I left for Norway.
Metamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
Phoenix
Avalon Senior Member

The council are the landlords and have every right to determine a policy for pets on their property. How many private landlords allow any animals on their property?
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

i will try and respond to two post in this message...sorry i cant remember your tags.
Well yes your right. They are basicly taking away anything that can protect us when the martial law comes in. Handguns, swords, knives and now dogs.

The UK is the hub for all illumanati activity, they test new laws in other countries first as a testing ground. ever heard the exression we are becomming like america?
Its the UK that pull all the strings around the world, its just not visable to many unless you have 1 a security clearence and 2 your wits about you.
Fortunatly there are plenty of whistle blowers......just remember one thing....some are disformers!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
The council are the landlords and have every right to determine a policy for pets on their property. How many private landlords allow any animals on their property?
I agree they do, but, they are going to be stopping anyone from having these breeds. Right now if you have one of these breeds and you walk it in the park you can be fined and the dog put to sleep.....thats even home owners.
Also why ban only these breeds........the council dont mind you having a great dane! so its not about a pets policy, its about getting rid of guard dogs breeds that are naturally protective of their owners and would rather die than see you hurt.
Its very sad, When it comes here i will be moving to protect my dogs.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
Phoenix
Avalon Senior Member

It might help if you mention your source for your info, without it, it is just your opinion.

You post is titled "UK to ban guard dogs" yet your source is from an article reporting the ban in Dublin Ireland, Dublin is not part of the UK and has her own government. And it is not the government banning the dogs, it is the local council.

The UK has outlawed four breeds of dogs, http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1991...10065_en_1.htm

# the Pit Bull Terrier
# the Japanese tosa
# the Dogo Argentino
# the Fila Brasileiro

Other breeds are regarded as dangerous and have certain restrictions such as muzzles to be worn in public.

Handguns were outlawed in response to public horror at the massacre of schoolchildren in Dunblane in the 90's, certain guns are still available and legal to own under certain conditions. Swords and knives have always been illegal to carry in public, this is due to concern for public safety. (I have a collection of knives and swords) This is the case in many countries including the USA. (dependent on State and local law)

I understand the point you are making and I mean no offence but your post is full of inaccuracies, confusing at best, some might even say mis-information.

Last edited by Phoenix; 09-10-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #9
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: UK starting to ban guard dogs (german shep's as well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
It might help if you mention your source for your info, without it, it is just your opinion.

You post is titled "UK to ban guard dogs" yet your source is from an article reporting the ban in Dublin Ireland, Dublin is not part of the UK and has her own government. And it is not the government banning the dogs, it is the local council.

The UK has outlawed four breeds of dogs, http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1991...10065_en_1.htm

# the Pit Bull Terrier
# the Japanese tosa
# the Dogo Argentino
# the Fila Brasileiro

Other breeds are regarded as dangerous and have certain restrictions such as muzzles to be worn in public.

Handguns were outlawed in response to public horror at the massacre of schoolchildren in Dunblane in the 90's, certain guns are still available and legal to own under certain conditions. Swords and knives have always been illegal to carry in public, this is due to concern for public safety. (I have a collection of knives and swords) This is the case in many countries including the USA. (dependent on State and local law)

I understand the point you are making and I mean no offence but your post is full of inaccuracies, confusing at best, some might even say mis-information.
I am sorry for the rushed message before and not making myself clear the first time. The soon to be ban in the UK regarding these other dogs will apparently happen next year. This info has come to be by the dobermann charity i do some work for. They were warned by a fellow donater who is a member of parliment. The webpage i linked with my previous message was only to show what is comming to the UK which were the words of a MP. With regards to the guns and knives i just meant that any weapon that can be concealed would be banned through planned orchestrated events, in my opinion. Hopefully i have cleared up my inaccuracies.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #10
Nexus

They should just change the UK's name to Airstrip One and get over it.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:48 PM   #11
SkweekDevil

AMA-GI, Thanks for the UK post. It certainly appears that you folks may precede the US into martial law. Very sad. I get your point, and you make it well. Bullys, it would seem, are most usually cowards, too. They would rather not have to face our faithful dogs when they come for us. I think Phoenix may, unfortunately, not be getting the thrust of your post.

As a side note, caution is always advised when dealing with cowards. Their fear will not allow them to confront you face to face. They will come at you from the shadows, when you least expect it. And we can't have your dog tipping you off, now can we?

Be strong & safe.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #12
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

Well then, they should now buy Dogue DeBordeux's. They are fiercely loyal and the best damn guard dogue ive ever seen in my life with the exception of a Chihuahua. The papers state the breed as Dogue DeBordeaux. They are a red french mastiff but they arent technically on the list. A Chihuahua is a wicked thing, if they were large, they’d be banned as well. I know of one that paces his owners length while she sleeps and growls and will bite if you get too close.

Also, the American bulldog is a great gaurd dog, same as the Douges.

Wondering what the heck kinda dog is she talking about? Think Turner and Hootch. They really are just like that dogue in the movie, they open doors, love freshly cleaned laundry, play ball (deflates many expensive basketballs) and drool shoestrings when your eating your dinner! They also put themselves between you and any danger they percieve.

Last edited by MMe M; 09-11-2008 at 09:01 AM.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #13
Phoenix
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkweekDevil View Post
I think Phoenix may, unfortunately, not be getting the thrust of your post.
On the contrary, I understand the post as it is made. It is based on inaccurate reporting, misinterpretation and lack of understanding as outlined in my previous post. This is nothing more than scaremongering. There is nothing in fact to base this information on.

"The webpage i linked with my previous message was only to show what is comming to the UK which were the words of a MP"

It does NOT show what is coming to the UK, it shows what the local council are doing in Ireland and just who is this anonymous MP?

If anyone is to make such bold assertions and accusations it should be done based on factual evidence and sources should be shown/quoted, creating a scenario without anything to support it is merely opinion.

An article from a foreign magazine from which the basis of this thread is obviously wrongly taken and an apparent statement from an anonymous MP hardly show that the UK is on the verge of dog genocide nor martial law.

Misinformation and paranoia is a volatile mix.....
Old 09-12-2008, 09:56 AM   #14
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

Phenoex had a point. The fact i rushed a message and missed some of the infomation out i agree that i was wrong. I rang up the owner of the charity to find out more infomation on where this came from and she told me it was a donator who is also a MP.
I know where you are comming from phenoex and i would have worded your message differently. As for saying that it is just my opinion, with no evidence to back it up is like saying the project camelot witness's are in the same boat.
Anyways i thought people should know and i am sorry if i have offended you phenoex.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #15
Phoenix
Avalon Senior Member

Absolutely no offense and never was!
Its too easy to become reactionary when rational thinking ceases and yes, many witnesses on Camelot are in the same situation but they are responsible for their testimony and its effects.

Spread the Love not the Fear