Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 01:50 AM   #51
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Hey Dope Heads, Give it a Break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I still refuse to believe that my occassional toking contributes to strife in Mexico.

It's definitely not swag.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:58 AM   #52
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Regardless of what anybody thinks, Steve A is one of the most level headed people on this forum and I'm glad he's here. I am a little surprised that a mod can bring back a post that one has edited, I'm not to happy about that.
Is that not the reason we have the edit button? I would like to think that once I've edited something that it stays away like I meant it to.
I think maybe Steve could've worded a few things differently in the title of the thread and maybe some in the first post too but so what!, I'm not losing any sleep over it, LOL
I say big deal and life goes on.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:36 AM   #53
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Well well well.....all this about smoking pot
I believe there is so much going on now that is the least of our worries.

I for one used to smoke pot....when I was younger...I finally decided to quit...as I saw it was causing me personal problems. I was not going anywhere in my life, and I wanted more. in order to do that I needed to quit smoking pot.
Lo and behold...I started to become successful in my job, and finances. I also started to see the world more clearly.
Do I believe we can do without it, and use if for only medical purposes...YES
In my eyes...when the SHTF you will be able to think more clearly...but that is only my opinion.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:24 AM   #54
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Here's something to ponder when your high....
What does it look like inside a black hole...

http://www.universetoday.com/2009/03...-a-black-hole/

BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:07 AM   #55
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Right. And I think that's what several of us were trying to convey.

The title of the post is inflammatory in its' authors' obvious position against marijuana, but the big rub in the whole topic is that Steve believes the situation in Mexico should be blamed on every person who chooses to smoke pot. And Steve will likely chime in a few times to respond to that comment, but look at his statements closely and the way he goes about backing up his position.

I personally couldn't care less about what other people choose to ingest. What our earth provides to us should be available, without restriction to everyone. I think that chemically produced drugs are unhealthy and often times dangerous for a number of reasons, both spiritual and physical. But that doesn't mean I have the right to impose my choices of whether or not someone else can do it.

I personally feel that plants like marijuana, cocoa, mushrooms and peyote are wonderful tools that our mother has provided to us for a reason. The fact that they're illegal is a huge deterrent for most people, and that's unfortunate. But aside from what everyone's position is on drug usage, the real topic of import is whether or not marijuana and its' demand, usage, whatever is to blame for the situation playing out in Mexico right now.

If you believe the media (yeah, the same guys who told you that jet fuel brought down the towers, and that an invisible passenger jet crashed into the pentagon), then its that evil marijuana to blame. But if you look outside of the box and connect the dots, the truth is that this situation is manufactured and pot is really just a little detail that serves as a point of distraction.

The borders have been weak for years now. I can't be the only one that's putting together the pieces of that very significant happening. The borders are weak, which means more illegal immigrants (and I dislike even using that term) are coming into the U.S. working for a fraction of what the middle class used to be paid for doing. I used to work in construction, and more and more - jobs were being underbid by crews that had mostly illegal aliens working. This is just one of the ways in which they began eradicating the middle class, getting us all prepped for unrest.

With soft borders, drugs and guns were allowed to move more freely across the borders. Less restriction means more traffic. More traffic means more of a problem - but a problem that was specifically created in order to justify the increasing of manpower in government law enforcement agencies. I know for a fact that the government was directly responsible for bringing in a lot of the drugs that were in the U.S. in the late 80s. I can't speak for other time frames, but the bottom line is that our elected leaders' hands are waaaay dirty and this is a situation that has been very carefully created.

And while marijuana may be one of the chess pieces used in this mess, it's certainly not the root of the problem. And by convincing people that its about drugs, they're doing two things to us. They're offering yet another way for us to divide ourselves from one another with unsavory titles and inaccurate suppositions AND they're using the misdirection to add more troops to their already overpopulated police force. They've been pushing police recruitment here in Los Angeles for the last year or so. Radio ads! They've got more cops on the street than ever before. And the media keeps us preoccupied with the bedtime story about the drug situation in Mexico, while the ranks get deeper and deeper.

Meanwhile, the writing is on the wall with statements from Timothy Geitner about a global economy. They're trying to push through gun legislation that radically infringes upon our second amendment rights. They're offering bigger and better ways to drug the population (with prescription drugs!) into compliant little zombies, and the steps our government is taking are frighteningly similar to the steps Hitler took (banks, auto industry). Naomi Wolf is a good source to look up for that research.

So yes, absolutely - the subject of who smokes pot is pretty effin petty. There's a bigger picture involved and its time we started seeing through the lies and manipulation that's used against us, and very clearly identify the means by which its' limiting us. Dividing us. Distracting us. Together this gets done. An acknowledgment of that inherent connection and a distaste for that lies that say otherwise is needed. The official story is poison in my mouth. It tastes foul and I can't bring myself to parrot it as though it were mine. My fellow humans are mine and I am theirs. The lie that says we are not is what I shall challenge, every time.

Our strength is beyond our perception. We'll realize it when we strip away the lies that divide us from it, and each other.

<steps off of soapbox> Sorry for the book, y'all.
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:07 AM   #56
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
Well well well.....all this about smoking pot
I believe there is so much going on now that is the least of our worries.

I for one used to smoke pot....when I was younger...I finally decided to quit...as I saw it was causing me personal problems. I was not going anywhere in my life, and I wanted more. in order to do that I needed to quit smoking pot.
Lo and behold...I started to become successful in my job, and finances. I also started to see the world more clearly.
Do I believe we can do without it, and use if for only medical purposes...YES
In my eyes...when the SHTF you will be able to think more clearly...but that is only my opinion.
Similarily, I experienced the same effects when I got my drinking under control.

I am aware that smoking too much can and will sap my motivation, hence my refusal to do so.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #57
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Old 04-02-2009, 07:34 AM   #58
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Old 04-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #59
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Feel the force, TPTB!
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #60
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Lorien,

I really don't know where you think I said that marijuana is detrimental to your health. I pointed out that prolonged use of the drug could cause paranoia (see items 6. and 7. of your link).

As for Argents' claim that I'm against cannabis and the like, I really don't know where he gets this idea from. He clearly didn't understand the beginning of this thread which in part read:

"Years ago I heard the excuse of a drug pusher justifying his trade declaring that he only sells what his client wants. At that time I thought that it wasn't a very good justification until the other day when a 'pundit' on one of the news channels justified the sale of guns to Mexico using the same excuse.

So I'm using this same theory for this post. The other side to the logic is, if there is no market, there can be no sales, if there are no sales there can be no supplier.... and the list goes on, you know where I'm getting to."

It's important to understand that I'm using the logic of the drug pusher and arms dealer for the post. It isn't an opinion, it's a logic and I made this extremely clear.

90% of drug sales are for marijuana in the US. Check out point 1. of your link to see how easy it is to get on the market.

I don't criticize people for not joining a cause, just as I do not criticize somebody for not giving to Oxfam, however I can be a little like Bob Geldoff when he launched Live Aid ("**** the telephones, give us yer money!") and try and get people to look more closely at the situation.

If you feel, just as other people think about other causes, which I cited in my post, the logic makes sense, good. If you don't, good too. At least you have an opinion.

But what really peeves me is that people start to see things almost at an hallucigenic rate which have absolutely nothing to do with the post, screaming foul for something that wasn't said nor implied.

Finally, in response to dantheman62, I replaced the message because it had already been placed in the public domain. There were two posts which claimed that I was 'seriously burned' by the comments. I needed to replace the thread for those two posts to make sense and also to have the right to reply. If I replied and there was no message there, the thread just wouldn't make sense.

As a kid growing up, my father always told me to call a spade a spade.

If you don't have the courage to say something, don't say it.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
Wait, did you read any of the stats on that page? It proves that marijuana is for the most part harmless.

Does not kill hundreds of thousands of people with cancer like tobacco does. Does not cause long term health effects.
Does not stunt growth or mental abilities.
People who are high are more aware of their state of mind unlike people who use alcohol.
And so much more.

Last edited by Steve_A; 04-02-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #61
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

hehe dan

"I smoke, if this bothers anyone i suggest you take a look at the world around you and shut your fcuking mouth" - Bill Hicks.

The problem here does not lie on the shoulders of the medicinal and spiritual users of cannabis. It lies on the shoulders of those who strive to keep it illegal. Cannabis is a wonderfull plant and could do so much for society.

How many people die from Alcohol abuse each year?

Many more then those who die in connection with the importation and use of cannabis. I admire how your looking for solutions Steve, but this solution is not logical because the world is how it is regardless of whether or not we smoke pot.

This is just a symptom of a much greater problem.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #62
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Steve A quote:Finally, in response to dantheman62, I replaced the message because it had already been placed in the public domain. There were two posts which claimed that I was 'seriously burned' by the comments. I needed to replace the thread for those two posts to make sense and also to have the right to reply. If I replied and there was no message there, the thread just wouldn't make sense.

Geez man, I understand why you did it!,LOL, my point was that I didn't know that could be done!, I thought once something was deleted by the poster that it was deleted and couldn't be brought back! Now I know better and will be more careful in the future!
Oh and I was one of the ones that said you got bashed hard, not seriously burned, and I knew you could handle it, LOL, like I said in my first sentence above.
Oh that was a compliment by the way, about being level headed, LOL.

You liked my pics Jack, HaHa, a little comedy goes a lot further than people realize!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #63
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Jack,

Probably not, but at least we managed in a way to play with the idea. At least I discovered that Ron paul thinks the best solution is to legalise the stuff, I also discovered that many people on the forum do a doobie and that Argent doesn't like me all that much.

I think any problem, no matter how remote, unorthadox or distant it may be, is worth discussing to find possible solutions. If people just leave it as it is, treat it as an "I don't want to get involved" or "It's not my problem", any problem they may have in the future concerning the subject is their own fault. Is it not?

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
hehe dan

"I smoke, if this bothers anyone i suggest you take a look at the world around you and shut your fcuking mouth" - Bill Hicks.

The problem here does not lie on the shoulders of the medicinal and spiritual users of cannabis. It lies on the shoulders of those who strive to keep it illegal. Cannabis is a wonderfull plant and could do so much for society.

How many people die from Alcohol abuse each year?

Many more then those who die in connection with the importation and use of cannabis. I admire how your looking for solutions Steve, but this solution is not logical because the world is how it is regardless of whether or not we smoke pot.

This is just a symptom of a much greater problem.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #64
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by Dantheman62; 04-02-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #65
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Dantheman62,

Sometimes we see things that others may have overlooked.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Old 04-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #66
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Old 04-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #67
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #68
vipassana
Avalon Senior Member

I just found a really interesting article posted on The Peoples United Community site http://tpuc.org/content/marijuana-conspiracy

The article is titled "The Marijuana Conspiracy" and it was originally in The Dot Connector magazine http://www.thedotconnector.org/

I'm not taking any sides here I just thought that the article was well written, well researched and there were a few things in it that I'd never come across before. What I really liked about this article was how it went into the history of marijuana to help me think about the debate over it in the present.
vipassana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #69
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipassana View Post
I just found a really interesting article posted on The Peoples United Community site http://tpuc.org/content/marijuana-conspiracy

The article is titled "The Marijuana Conspiracy" and it was originally in The Dot Connector magazine http://www.thedotconnector.org/

I'm not taking any sides here I just thought that the article was well written, well researched and there were a few things in it that I'd never come across before. What I really liked about this article was how it went into the history of marijuana to help me think about the debate over it in the present.
Excellent article vipassana! Thank you very much for that link.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #70
Rainchild
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpaganfreak View Post
hey rainchild. decriminalization is not the answer at all. if pot is 'de-criminalized', criminals will still be selling it. all decriming does is give pot smokers a break. it must be legalized. that way people can grow their own, or buy it from govt authorized outlets, allowing taxes and income for the govt.

and argante, i think you need to smoke a dube and relax.
i think we're having a pretty nice little discussion here. mellow out and join us. you obviously have stuff to say.
Good point

That's just his opinion though. The guy on that video wanted to decriminalize it because he knows people who have gotten "hurt" by it. Legalizing it is a better idea though. I'd like to use it to make ethanol if it was legal!
Rainchild is offline   Reply With Quote