Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Can someone list recommended supplements?

I read so much about supplements here, such as cinnamon, MMS, Vitamin D, etc.

Is there a way to compile this information into a list so that if I am shopping around, I can investigate? Obviously, MMS cannot be bought in a supermarket but if I can find cinnnamon capsules and vitamin D locally, I will.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Can someone list recommended supplements?

Cinnamon you can find in the spice aisle. I have it in tea several times a day. Vitamins and herbs and spices, well, herbs and spices have been used forever - you can find a lot about them on the internet. D2 converts to D3, and if you have a choice between the 2, go with D3. Vitamins are probably something we all need as we get a little older since our style of farming depletes the soils.

It is hard to make a recommended list for someone without knowing their particular issues. The big hoohaa right now is Vitamin D (which is really a hormone, not a vitamin). Almost everyone tests short - and 15 minutes in the sun every day is really not enough. I'm fairly familiar with the kinds of deficiencies that occur when you have gastric bypass surgery, which would also be the same kinds of deficiencies of people with pretty severe colon issues, or those who have had their duodenum surgically altered.

Good luck!
Alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote