Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
hobbit
Unsubscribed

Default Locking of threads

Are we to take it that any disagreement will be greated by a locked thread, as per the Indigo thread?
Is this a FREE thought site, or do we have to obey,. follow only what is deamed acceptable?
Sounds like von blairs new world labour to Me.

No person is the same as anyone else, have You not noticed? there is infinite variability, otherwise we will be the borg.
We are all one, made from that one, but to individual cake recipes.
And the indigo's are further advanced in field condition leading to a larger field colour of Indigo.

If you are going to lock threads , just because someone of an alternative view expresses it, then you will allow the disinformation experts free range, they will create havoc.
hobbit, annoyed
hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
Stephen

Default Re: Locking of threads

Did you READ Carol's reason for locking that thread?
Read it FULLY. No one is here to curtail people and their thoughts/ideas.

As it has been explained to me and other staff here by Bill Ryan is that Avalon is NOT like any other Forum out there.
There are plenty of those.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:34 AM   #3
hobbit
Unsubscribed

Stephen,
Hello,
Yes I did read it, and understood the reason , but.
If as this thread is locked, then anyone can be de-railed by clever wordsmiths creating arguments.
The purpose of the thread was to better explain and assist those that are experiencing an alteration, those that have coped , and those that are struggling to cope are the best placed to explain the alterations.
One of those alterations does lead to an assertive attitude, an intolerance of previous lower frequency comprehensions.

In it's way, the thread locking was because of this, You will find that the so called indigo's , don't back down, that's not an arrogant or aggressive trait, time is short , and is pushing hard.
hobbit
hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

hobbit, I do plan on reopening that thread and had it closed to give a few folks a chance to "think" about their intention before posting. I just can't remember where it is now... hmmm.

The Indigo thead is opened again. We would like to request that "anyone posting in Avalon" read Mary Lou's post below.

Last edited by Carol; 10-18-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
Argante
Avalon Senior Member

Avalon was made for "Children of the Light". It is supposed to be a positive place where people who are becoming, or already have become, a positive source of information, ideas, and energy for those who wish to live their lives positively and think from their hearts.

It was never intended to be debatable for those who do not wish to live their lives that way, or to be used to discourage "Children of the Light".

There are MANY other sites out there where you can go to spread negativity or darkness. Now that the Camelot side of the forum is open, that is where all negative threads belong imo. I seriously have to question why a poster feels the need to taint Avalon with negativity.... for what purpose or agenda do they serve? I am so tired of very meaningful threads being taken over by trolls. I wish they would just go away and allow Avalon to thrive in the Light and LOVE of which she was intended to shelter.
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
hobbit, I do plan on reopening that thread and had it closed to give a few folks a chance to "think" about their intention before posting. I just can't remember where it is now... hmmm.
Yes I found that also... not being able to find my threads...

Then I finally did... seems because they are 'read only' thus no one including myself can add to them... that after 30 days of no activity they are removed and stored in the archives...

So be it... leave them there... delete them to save space...

I have just posted this thread... a 'gift' to those on Avalon that can understand the message

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5609

Be well all

LIVE THE DREAM
Old 10-18-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
Stephen

Zorgon as I said in another thread you posted in I do not have a problem with bringing back your posts/threads. I just did not know the name of that thread in question.
I can be over-ruled but, we ALL (as staff anyways) enjoy your posts and I see no reason not to bring some of them back to life.

Let me know in a PM what you would like and I will talk to the Staff and Colin.
You are a positive person overall and a Blessing here (Remember I do not use THAT word very often...hehe)

Let me know or any Staff Person of your choice on what you wish for...
Old 10-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
Truth voice 2012
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with the moderators and zorgon about positivity. However, if Avalon is to be completely positive certain sections will have to be deleted. The Economy and Currency is a prime example. Thats one section that we will never see good news in. From here on in anyway that is. Money = Doom & Gloom! money is one of our primary control mechanisms therefore IT IS a negativity.

"There's no money without a pyramid to go with it. Someone will always be better off or worse off than the other as long as money exists I'm afraid."

Im not avin a go at anyone but Im picking up a small amount of hipocricy in the "Positive only please" statements.

Personally I believe that the nature of our reality is balance. You cant have light without dark. I thought it was perfect on another thread here where some one said there are 12 illuminati on this forum. 6 good, 6 bad. Thats what Im talkin about friends: DUALITY.

Its a bit naive to think that negatives will stay away. Especially from topics such as "futuretalk".

Peace though!
Truth voice 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
TickTockTickTock
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post

The Indigo thead is opened again. We would like to request that "anyone posting in Avalon" read Mary Lou's post below.
Well said!
TickTockTickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #10
historycircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth voice 2012 View Post
I agree with the moderators and zorgon about positivity. However, if Avalon is to be completely positive certain sections will have to be deleted. The Economy and Currency is a prime example. Thats one section that we will never see good news in. From here on in anyway that is. Money = Doom & Gloom! money is one of our primary control mechanisms therefore IT IS a negativity.

"There's no money without a pyramid to go with it. Someone will always be better off or worse off than the other as long as money exists I'm afraid."

Im not avin a go at anyone but Im picking up a small amount of hipocricy in the "Positive only please" statements.

Personally I believe that the nature of our reality is balance. You cant have light without dark. I thought it was perfect on another thread here where some one said there are 12 illuminati on this forum. 6 good, 6 bad. Thats what Im talkin about friends: DUALITY.

Its a bit naive to think that negatives will stay away. Especially from topics such as "futuretalk".

Peace though!
I just want to disagree with you little bit there - some of us are hard at work over in "Economy and Currency" discussing the old paradigms while trying to come up with something new. I don't want to see the that section go.

Peace, love, and funny colors good people,

The HistoryCircus
Old 10-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #11
Truth voice 2012
Avalon Senior Member

Thats fair enough. The point I was mainly trying to make was I dont think its possible to have a positive only forum. Unless the moderators start banning ppl they see as negative from the forum or by some other means filter the forum.
Truth voice 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:06 PM   #12
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Smile Re: Locking of threads

People will always have different points of view and that's what makes the world interesting, it would be boring if we all thought the same. Just because people disagree doesn't mean that it's negative, they can both be positive and the disagreement can open new ways of thinking for all parties involved. Some times we need a good kick up the bum to open our minds to a new way of thinking. Think about your friends that refuse to believe the things you are trying to tell them, they are not going to open their eyes until something major happens.
TPTB have been forcing us to believe that they are right for so long, and punishing anyone that dared to stand against them.

If you stop people from taking different points of view then whoever says something first whether they are right or wrong it is the law and no one cant disagree, how can that be ok? No one would learn anything.
I know I don't know everything and am willing and happy to be proved that I am wrong, but I also know that if I read something I think is wrong then I will stand up and say so.

Everyone has the right to an opinion therefore they should be aloud to voice it, otherwise we are not free. People take offense because they choose to (sticks and stones....)
I apologize if I have upset people in standing up for what I believe and voicing what I know other people are thinking.
I have a very dry sense of English humour which I know is lost on people from different parts of the world, I take the mickey, I don't insult people.
I've been using forums for many years and I know that people speak more openly than they would in real life, egos run wild and people can take things entirely out of the context that was intended, the trick is to not let it bother you rather than get upset. I have had heated debates in the past and through doing so have learned a lot more about a subject than if someone had just rattled out how they saw things.
What's needed is a balance of both sides.

Life's too short to hold onto negative energy
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
People will always have different points of view and that's what makes the world interesting, it would be boring if we all thought the same. Just because people disagree doesn't mean that it's negative, they can both be positive and the disagreement can open new ways of thinking for all parties involved. Some times we need a good kick up the bum to open our minds to a new way of thinking. Think about your friends that refuse to believe the things you are trying to tell them, they are not going to open their eyes until something major happens.
TPTB have been forcing us to believe that they are right for so long, and punishing anyone that dared to stand against them.

If you stop people from taking different points of view then whoever says something first whether they are right or wrong it is the law and no one cant disagree, how can that be ok? No one would learn anything.
I know I don't know everything and am willing and happy to be proved that I am wrong, but I also know that if I read something I think is wrong then I will stand up and say so.

Everyone has the right to an opinion therefore they should be aloud to voice it, otherwise we are not free. People take offense because they choose to (sticks and stones....)
I apologize if I have upset people in standing up for what I believe and voicing what I know other people are thinking.
I have a very dry sense of English humour which I know is lost on people from different parts of the world, I take the mickey, I don't insult people.
I've been using forums for many years and I know that people speak more openly than they would in real life, egos run wild and people can take things entirely out of the context that was intended, the trick is to not let it bother you rather than get upset. I have had heated debates in the past and through doing so have learned a lot more about a subject than if someone had just rattled out how they saw things.

Life's too short to hold onto negative energy
Oopsedaisys, very elitest attitude of you there young man.

Last edited by 2infinityandbeyond; 10-19-2008 at 11:47 PM.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:53 AM   #14
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Lou View Post
Avalon was made for "Children of the Light". It is supposed to be a positive place where people who are becoming, or already have become, a positive source of information, ideas, and energy for those who wish to live their lives positively and think from their hearts.

It was never intended to be debatable for those who do not wish to live their lives that way, or to be used to discourage "Children of the Light".

There are MANY other sites out there where you can go to spread negativity or darkness. Now that the Camelot side of the forum is open, that is where all negative threads belong imo. I seriously have to question why a poster feels the need to taint Avalon with negativity.... for what purpose or agenda do they serve? I am so tired of very meaningful threads being taken over by trolls. I wish they would just go away and allow Avalon to thrive in the Light and LOVE of which she was intended to shelter.
I understand the purpose and I have found that good sites sometimes tend to have so-so forums in which the topics get to be combative or too random.

We have all come to both avalon and camelot for a reason, even if it may be subconscious. There will be disagreements but I think that we all can agree that the information contained on both sites/forums can be very valuable for the folks who choose to come to both.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:39 AM   #15
Vianova
Avalon Senior Member

please define

"Children of the Light"

I would like to know the parameters and prerequisites
from the moderators perspectives.

Quote:
people who are becoming,
or already have become,
a positive source of information, ideas, and energy
for those who wish to live their lives positively
and think from their hearts.

Are Deagle and Wilcock ..."Children of the Light"?

seems like a lot of negativity from those sources...

It is great when good threads get a "Flow of Consciousness"
and indeed...
a shame, when "trolls" drag tgood threads down
or bury them with bogus threads
that are unrelated to Cosmic Cosnsciousness
as the standard of compassion and gratitude in posting.

I like to compliment such efforts as well in a spirit of community posting,
but sometimes one has to ...label the Clown...
for what that poster is and says.

sorry, but that sometimes is where debate has to go.

good luck forum moderators.

a Poem:

When the cosmic whirlpool takes you away
and hurls you through the Eye of the Infinite Abyss...
then you won't have to swim or fly to see what is amiss,
and on a whim
you might say goodbye and blow us a kiss

Love is good
Love is real
Love is what you feel

When the Angels call your name
and you reach out with open heart
Through heavens gate with no shame
as your life departs
Into the pure presence of God's Love
and into the promised land
Into the sure essence of Infinite Love,
there is no last stand

Love is good
Love is real
Love is what you feel

Quote:
Now that the Camelot side of the forum is open, that is where all negative threads belong imo
Vianova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:21 PM   #16
Vianova
Avalon Senior Member

About 12 of the first 30 or so posts have been "moved"

It would be interesting to see how many of those threads die
as a result of being "moved"

why not just create a "free for all" forum section,
with a clear note of WHERE it is moved,...
a forum section that is clearly separate
from the ideological Intent of the Avalon movement?

Once again though,
I repeat my question in the last post

Quote:
please define

"Children of the Light"

I would like to know the parameters and prerequisites
from the moderators perspectives.
Vianova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:12 AM   #17
Norval
Banned

As many have noted the thread locking, there are other methods of moderation available, and I
have to admit some of these threads needed "tending" to. Threads should always remain as
witness, openly to all posters, as to what was said by whom, when, and why. I have seen posts
removed for ones "just to save face". While it may be an old proverb of honor, to allow one to
back out of an argument gracefully and to save face, this is not being done with honor.

It is not the place of anyone to tell Moderators, nor the owners and Administrator, how to run
their forum. But we all can feel the tension that develops when things are being done behind
closed doors. Everyone can see when powers are being used for self, when agendas replace the
true necessity of Moderation, and this is detestable to say the least.

Yes, many are questioning methods being employed by Moderators in this forum, yet I think we
will all see what comes out in the final results, that is if we stick around and work through all this
thread disruption. Avalon is about Ground Crew Preparation, yet few understand just how to go
about preparing, and for what? This is all about "Disclosure", truth, preparedness and hope. You
must learn to go around, step over, or leap ahead to avoid those that would stand between you
and what you want to learn. Keep learning, and keep looking up.
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:21 AM   #18
BeaTnik-BandiT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norval View Post
I have seen posts
removed for ones "just to save face". While it may be an old proverb of honor, to allow one to
back out of an argument gracefully and to save face, this is not being done with honor.
I hope this is NOT the case.

Thanks Norval, good post.
BeaTnik-BandiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:39 AM   #19
fawziya
Avalon Senior Member

Life's too short to hold onto negative energy.

Hi Swanny,

Amazing. I could've written your above comment myself verbatim (with exception of "english" humour).

I enjoy hearing viewpoints from "different" people.
fawziya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #20
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

We repeat this idiocy time after time. Much blood is shed defeating tyranny and then we instill in a new "free" societry with the same archaic principles thought processes and ethics that we have just defeated.

I am not qualified to say which opinions or statements are invalid. I am intelligent enough to know how very unqualified for this position I am. I may not agree with a post, I my hate the message, I may just hate the messenger but is that a reason to end the spread of it? no.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote