Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
NOWIAM
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb OBE's

There are a lot of incredible topics floating around out there. And yet unfortunately most of them seem to be beyond the control of anyone to do anything about.

I often wonder why anyone wants to spend their life dealing with topics beyond their control? I can only guess that they find superficial satisfaction and entertainment from them. However, to be fair sometimes new ideas via "entertainment" can trigger useful actions and solutions.

I am of the opinion that there is at least one "incredible topic"which virtually everyone can experience first hand and has highly significant ramifications.

This is OBE’s (out-of-body-experiences).

Therefore, I would like to start this tread mainly for people to share significant experiences with their OBE’s. However, anyone is welcomed to comment or ask questions about OBE’s even if they haven’t had one.

In summary, I feel OBE’s are one of the most IMPORTANT conscious and objectively verifiable capabilities we have.

Look forward to hearing everyone’s experiences and views.

Last edited by NOWIAM; 10-19-2008 at 02:57 PM.
NOWIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:53 AM   #2
I_Am
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: OBE's

NOWIAM,

I agree with you that out of body experience (or lucid wakening, or dream body travelling, or whatever you call it) is a very important, very real and very mind boggling experience. Finding yourself in that state will inevitably change your view of reality of course. Me, I rely a lot on the books of Carlos Castaneda to guide me in how to control and develop my skills in this (and to control my fears in the daring steps into the unknown, in the pursuit of the undescribable).

I don't, however, agree with your opinion about the many threads out of the attendee's ability to change or "control". One of the clues about many of the "uncontrollable" issues lies also in the realm of the Dream Body - consionsess, focused thinking and groups of souls coming together has over and over again to provide real change!
This is what makes the Project Avalon so powerful, all these concerned, engaged and loving people coming together in this network is a new force that really soon will prove its powers.

Your thread here is very interesting and reveals something beyond curiosity that is good; might it be your own experiences in OBE? Tell us more please.

Best regards from Sweden.

I_Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:00 AM   #3
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

I had a "real time" OBE a few years ago that really rocked my sense of reality. I've always been a lucid dreamer but I didn't know what I was doing implication-wise. One day I took a nap and in my dream I stepped through dream symbols & into another location in my house and was viewing an event as it was taking place. I must admit it was pretty sweet. I think after that experience I realized how much intention plays into things, including these spontaneous "anomalies" I actually am making a detailed video journal of this experience that I can post soon. It was one of those things where it's easier just to say what happened then to write it out.
Shakesbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
Enlightened

I have been having OBE since 1994. The first one was really out of this world literally. I just felt my whole body vibrating intensely, and then after a few seconds, I came out of my crown chakra. I felt like I became something like light traveling in space, flying into our solar system on my way to earth, seeing the different planets along the way, and hitting the ocean on my entry into earth, and that's when I came back to my body.

Tha's basically one type of OBE that I experience, which involves vibration of my body. The other type is more like a lucid dream, ie. I become aware once inside my dream.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:40 AM   #5
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

Thanks for starting this thread....a great topic!

I have had a couple of more 'standard' concious awake OBE's mainly when i was a teenager....the other one was sooo wild it still shocks me even a few years after it happened! has anyone ever experienced hoping into someone elses body?? I know..it sounds crazy to the average person...but it is possible!

I have always been fascinated with shamens ..epecially the indiginous shamens of south america/mayans/toltec tradition...and have read carlos casteneda... their explanations as to how a person can do seemingly magical things makes sense...but I still have no real idea how this happened to me...but the other person I 'swapped with' was also aware of what happpened and contacted me the next day to let me know....I was in total shock as i convinced myself i must have hallucinated the whole experience!

would love to hear from others that this may have happened to!

namaste
fire
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
I_Am
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Flying.

I had not slept for many hours this night. We where around fifty wanderers that had sought shelter at the mountain cabin. It was hot, humid and packed with people and equipment.
The man next to me had, however, no sleeping problems at all. In fact he was snoring...no, not snoring, he was sounding like he was a Boeing 747 with bad astma and on trottle up...
After hours and hours I was drifting between a state of surrender and sleep and complete catatonic mind.

Suddenly: I realized that I was no longer in my sleeping bag, but a few decimeters above it. Unable to move. But very calm. Just drifting slowly.

*** KABOOOM!!!***

I was pulled violently out through the window and away from the Swedish mountains, the vision blurred for a short while and then...

...And then I was rather calmly flying over a landscape of softly modelled hills, grass, bushes and a few white plastered houses with tiles on their roofs. Just flying. Still. No thoughts. Calmness in mind. Something (someone?) in my head told me / let me understand that this was southern France (where I have never been yet).

The experience was extremely real and detailed.

But, after a while I suddenly realized the most extraordinary fact that I wasn't just seeing the way I was used to, that is, one stereoscopic image, but rather experiencing four (4!) completely different views - In the same time!
The closest metaphor I can imagine is that it was very close to the Mars Rover images; I saw a front view, a left view, a right view and a most fantastic zoomed in front view (round; every straw of grass was clearly visible, every flower, bees and butterflies)- IN THE SAME TIME! And I could sense these four images paralell, equally intence. I mean, fully awake there is not way I could perceive more than one image at the same time...now it was no less than four. Like having 8 eyes and at least 4 brains hooked up in a small network.

Needless. After some time I became rather excited and the thoughts came back to me. And rather soon as my thoughts went into words, this amazing experience began to fade...

It was like I had been strung into a spring - I was hurled back. Back to my sleeping body in the sleeping bag in the cabin. And so it was over.

This was the most vivid, the most real out of body experience ever. Not at all discrete as many other lucid dreaming experiences I have had. Not filled with "noise" as the Remote Viewing sessions I hove been doing, but fully awake and extremely real! I really, really wish to come back to this state again...

Last edited by I_Am; 09-11-2008 at 05:14 PM.
I_Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:39 PM   #7
JohnWdoe
Avalon Senior Member

Can one trully leave the body with his mind? I cant say... so thats what makes it real i guess...

I in no way have anything against anyone but i hope we as humanity can sort the real from illusion... This stuff makes it quite hard...

Peace!
JohnWdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
NOWIAM
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: OBE's

Great responses from everyone so far! Nice to see some of you sharing your actual OBE’s as well. For you folks, what do you think about sharing your interpretations on what they might mean, or how they might relate or benefit society, etc?

BTW: Just so everyone has some idea of where I’m coming from, I am experienced at OBE’s (although I have a long way to go) and I am also well studied on the topic.

Ok, let me address some comments which were made so far.

I AM” broached an important observation about how people when working collectively together (even with mere intention) can get things accomplished. I wholeheartedly agree. For example, I believe through the years Art Bell (Coast to Coast A.M.) has effectively shown that when he gets all of his radio listeners to focus on a specific objective that it does affect change.

However, the above observation is different than the comment I made about people occupying their life with things beyond their control. I was speaking more about people (including me) who get caught up disproportionally in merely the entertainment or shock value of things.

BTW: 360˚ vision is quite normal in OBE’s.

JohnWdoe” brings up a great issue. That is, how do we know the difference between illusionary or reality based OBE’s.

First let me say that I am of the opinion that everything is REAL, (whether it is subjective or objective based), if for no other reason than it EXIST.

The question is therefore not if the experiences are Real, but how do OBE’s relate to what individuals perceive as Real. And for most I imagine this means reality according to physical 3D. Again, a great question, but it can be rather involved.

For brevity sake let me say that there are OBE’s that can be mainly subjective (phenomenon which is a projection of one’s unfocused mind) and there are OBE’s which can be substantiated physically; such as having a friend place an object on a table at their home and you OBE to determine what that object is.

Ultimately distinguishing which type of OBE you have takes a bit of practice. Suffice to say, only through training ones consciousness to be lucid and alert in the now-to-now moment of life on a consistent bases (whether awake or asleep) will you be able to gain greater Reality based OBE’s.

And as I have observed here’s an interesting twist. When doing consciousness training your OBE skills will improve and there is virtually no limit to what you can witness and do on multi-dimensions. But the so-called “immoral tendencies” to take advantage of others or society through covert spying, predicting lotto numbers, voyeurism, etc, will disappear proportional to the degree you developed your conscious awareness.

Last edited by NOWIAM; 09-11-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:25 AM   #9
just-us
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOWIAM View Post

There are a lot of incredible topics floating around out there. And yet unfortunately most of them seem to be beyond the control of anyone to do anything about.

I often wonder why anyone wants to waste their life dealing with topics beyond their control? I can only guess that they find superficial satisfaction and entertainment from them. However, to be fair sometimes new ideas can trigger useful actions and solutions.

I am of the opinion that there is at least one "incredible topic"which virtually everyone can experience first hand and has highly significant ramifications.

This is OBE’s (out-of-body-experiences).

Therefore, I would like to start this tread mainly for people to share significant experiences with their OBE’s. However, anyone is welcomed to comment or ask questions about OBE’s even if they haven’t had one.

In summary, I feel OBE’s are one of the most IMPORTANT conscious and objectively verifiable capabilities we have.

Look forward to hearing everyone’s experiences and views.

I re-posted your original letter because you have related my own emerging sentiments and i think some interesting ideas could come out of this topic.

Many of the topics are dealing with the 3-d reality, and in specific, perserving the reality/way of life. A way of living that is requisite of satisfying the physical desires/needs/wants. Doesn't OBE's show us that these can become less substantial. Isn't that really going to be the ultimate outcome of All This economic/societal/physical upheaval before we can shift out of and into the next dimensional vibration?

Why do we put so much attention into the details of the future when we cant know/control what they will actually become? Isn't this ironic, we are espousing the new paradigm and yet we're seeking to preserve the old one. maybe its like trying to give up a habit, its so ingrained in our thinking, layer upon layer, we feel the need to feed the beast.

I'm not saying we should lay down in the road and wait. We should actively pursue.....what? The new paradigm. Heres where i see OBE relating to near-death experiences. They can free us from an old paradigm if we can but find the energy and drive to purse them and experience the posibilities they can present. I'm still atthe outskirts looking into this country, and i have lots of questions and theories about OBE's. They're the direction i want to head in, so please everyone who may be inclined to post, do so, i'm interested in what youall have t o say on this.

Fare-well

Last edited by just-us; 09-12-2008 at 02:31 AM.
just-us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:24 AM   #10
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

My one true experience with astral projection came many years ago. It was an incredible experience in which I learned the rudiments of control and volition. I well remember the incredible vividness of perception, as well as having a 360º field of vision!

Fast-forward about four decades...I had another kind of OBE just the other night. I'd been visiting friends, talking about paranormal experiences among many other things...I'd been telling about an experience I had up among the sequoias in July 2000, when I'd seen thousands of tiny flickering lights move through the walls of the tent and out the other side, in a procession that lasted a couple hours...

Back home on my patio, I sat up after midnight and felt myself surrounded again by flickers of things that existed in the edges of my perception but never when I looked right at them. I felt I was getting an understanding of what this kind of experience might represent. I was in a kind of light trance state when I went to bed, very late.

Instead of going right off to sleep, I lay on my back in a continuing trance state. I was awake and aware of my surroundings, but at the same time I could feel myself drifting off somewhere else. Specifically, I was meditating on the light connection that each of us has directly to the divine heart of all mysteries. It appeared to me as a golden cable, glowing like the sun, that I knew was unique to me only in my own perception; it was the same connection that binds all things to Prime Spirit, and all to each other, for truly we are all intimately connected in so many ways.

I must have laid that way for a couple hours, neither asleep nor fully awake but in a state of trance. At a certain point I realized that I had left my body. I hadn't gone anywhere, but lying there in the predawn dark with my sleeping wife beside me, I realized I was more out of my body than in it. It came into my mind that I was in a sense dying, that if I let the process continue I could simply leave the shell and not come back. It was very peaceful, and part of me really wanted to go!

A part of me remained connected to my body, so that I could (and did), if I thought about it, move a finger or one of my feet. If I opened my eyes a bit I could see the shadows of the room around me. This part of me seemed very dim. Most of my awareness was intensely concentrated Someplace Else, somewhere along that path of golden light; I don't know where but it was filled with knowledge and light, and I wanted to be there. I'd been given permission, evidently, to look and no more. I sort of settled back into my body with a psychic sigh, turned over and went to sleep.

When I woke just a few hours later, I felt refreshed and inspired, not tired and dragged-out like I sometimes am if I stay up too late. There's work to be done.

I'm glad you brought up this topic. The more these experiences are shared, the more we all can see the patterns of quickening and awakening that are spreading across the world.

Last edited by whitecrow; 09-12-2008 at 07:31 AM.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #11
NOWIAM
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: OBE's

just-us” 3D reality/illusion does seem to be only one dimension among many. There’s truly a vast universe(s) out there to be discovered consciously. Limiting our awareness and experiences to only 5 senses, etc, seems silly to me. If we are more than this then it is a natural rational function to explore all we can be (and w/o joining the army...lol).

But we should also be careful in becoming addicted to the journey and new discoveries. It seems more important to me to refine and master ones sphere of influence each moment-to-moment along the way. Why clutter up an already confused psyche with more stimuli and phenomenon when one is not even consciously connected here on planet earth?

Regarding multi-dimensional experiences and progression. There is a spiritual perspective that humans are at a particular stage of incarnation while in 3D where they can make volitional choices unique to this dimension to either evolve or devolve. Energy flows where attention goes.

As such, it depends on what type of energy you spent most of your time with. Everything, every thought, feelings, etc, vibrates a perceivable energy. We just need to become attuned to it. How do the things I spend my time with daily feel? Are they putting off a higher (elevated/light) or lower (base/dark) frequency? It doesn’t take long to develop the awareness to “feel” what type of energy a thing, person or place puts off.

A simple method everyone can do daily for measuring one’s predominate psychological energy (vibe) is to keep a dream journal. In doing this you will see patterns in how your subconscious and conscious minds are processing your daily experiences (absorbing them like a sponge). In a relatively short period of time you’ll get a sense of the overall vibe your psyche is focused on.

If you want to change your vibe then surround yourself with things, people, ideas, exercise, food, etc, that harmonize with you. In practice this is a significant challenge to be sure and there is usually a lot of trial and error but with perseverance you’ll see success.

Finally, let me interject here and say that all which glitters is not necessarily gold. Now I hope this doesn’t confuse anyone as it has been a significant challenge for me. But in spiritual work there is a tendency to ascribe the term “beneficial” only with “light” and cast “dark” aside. In my experience dark can have as significant value. Ultimately it may turn out that a Balance of polarities (Light/dark) is needed as opposed to a predilection for either alone. This is a tricky issue.

One particular view is that the challenge has nothing to do with either polarity in that they are both in the realm of Illusion. That we are supposed to learn detachment and cease ALL motion. Motion being equated with “desire”. That all animated existence (the multi-dimensional universes, etc) are a trap. Ultimately being escaped only when we still our minds (thoughts), feelings (desires) and attain Enlightenment or God-Union and what some of the Eastern sects call Nirvikalpa Samadhi, Nirvana, Satori, etc.

Last edited by NOWIAM; 10-09-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:08 AM   #12
gundwolf
Avalon Senior Member

Just to underline the statements of I_AM, no topic is beyond anyone's control. The fine folks at Project Camelot created this new site to empower each of us.

Regarding the issue of the reality or illusion of OBEs, the longer-term issue becomes power and intent. How is your own ego or insecurities or desires or want of power modifying your OBEs or making judgement of others. I do admit, in my background, like I_AM, was the study of Carlos Casteneda's books. Never assume that anyone, including yourself, is entirely good in use of power or intention. More, anything can be created into a reality. Anything can be discounted as an illusion. Even masters of OBEs can become victim to their own creations. You conjur it, you may end up serving it. Yes lucidity is important. Sobriety is mandatory. Always ask, "why am I doing this?" "Am I serving myself, others or an unknown?" (Yes, most people serve an unknown.)

Too, remember your scales when considering frequencies. There is a time and place for every "vibe."

Thank you for your posts! I am impressed by how engaged you are in your path.
gundwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #13
NOWIAM
Avalon Senior Member

Hi “gundwolf”, good points...

If you’re speaking from a psyche or intellectual perspective then I would tend to agree that any “topic” isn’t necessarily beyond ones control (eventually). It seems to be the nature of mind to always derive workable philosophies (albeit incomplete).

However, when you delve into the physical level of incarnation, (physicality being equated to “mind” slowed down considerably), then are there not numerous topics beyond ones control? Or at least beyond ones immediate control? For example, anytime a political agenda, disaster, accident, etc, happens to a person without their conscious acceptance.

Of course I’m not speaking of whether or not an individual deserves such-and-such karmically. Since karmic issues are predominately unconsciously activated. I am referring to “conscious” topics and issues.

Does this make more sense?

p.s. You wouldn’t happen to be related to this guy would ya?

Last edited by NOWIAM; 09-14-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:16 PM   #14
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

Here's a video I had originally shot for some friends about different types of OBE's I decided to add a few things on and just post it on youtube. The vid is about 3 OBE's that I thought people might think where pretty trippy. I tend to say "bad words" quiet often so sorry if that offends anyone

Where Am I? pt. 1
Where Am I? Pt. 2
Where Am I? Pt. 3
Where Am I? pt. 4

Don't mind my mess
Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 AM   #15
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Thank you for this thread. I've had a number of OBEs and NDEs.

The first OBE was with a car accident where I was suddenly OB behind my body while it impacted against the steering wheel. I felt no pain, only a distant sensation of impact while I watched from behind.

Another time I was in the middle of a sun salutation yoga posture and popped out while by body folded into the fetal position below me. I remember thinking to myself, "Now what!? How do I get back in?" Then I just knew... focus on inhalation. It worked.

Then there was the time I was doing OBE exercises with this psychic group I was involved with and managed to consciously lift up and out of my body over the bed.

In Scientology, there is this exercise one employs to also have this experience and that worked as well.

There were also a few OBEs as the result of drugs administered by medical professionals. For some reason, my body is ultra sensitive to drugs and does an OBE/NDE when this has happened.

There has also been a few OBEs as a result of years of spiritual practice (yoga and meditation). These were spontaneous and unexpected.

My mother once told me she had these experiences all of her young life until she married so perhaps this ability runs in families as well.

I will add this... experiencing oneself as an inter-dimensional being is literally awesome and "enlightening!"
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:40 AM   #16
gundwolf
Avalon Senior Member

NOWIAM, I am coming from a perspective of free will and dare I say, moral accountability. It is not a matter accepting that there are things that happen in this world that are beyond our control. What is in our control is how we respond to each event.

There are those who follow after "the law of attraction" and say that each person does choose the events that occur in their life, good and bad. There are others who believe that the choices are made by each of us in advance of our life as valuable learning experiences to cultivate our (eternal) souls. There are others who believe that we are held accountable afterward and face the consequences of our actions in reward or punishment. I don't judge why or how a person chooses one belief or the other.

My first point is simply that each person hold themselves accountable while they live. Live with a conscience, exceptional personal values and respect for others. Serve others and not just purpose that provide gain for ourselves. The psyche, the intellect, the mind, one's karma, one's consciousness are within our realm of personal responsibility. Moreover, whatever each of us accomplishes in this life, it is not just by our own actions, it is by the actions of others. (Some of these OBE stories sound like angelic visitations.) Everything we do impacts the lives of others.

These are wonderful stories about OBEs that people are sharing not just from their conscious and unconscious minds but their hearts. I am sensing so much love and vulnerability being expressed. These are life-changing events that have transformed the meaning and purpose of their lives. This is more than a process of our psyches to be analyzed. OBE's push a person out of their "self" orientation. In as such, they challenge the "ME" culture of self-indulgence. This is also the "spirit of Avalon," (nod to Project Avalon) where King Arthur is taken to transcend his suffering and heal from the wounds of battle.

This is a revolution of the soul, both in singularlity and in communion with other souls. It isn't about governments or philosophies, etc. The paradigm shift being discussed in these forum boards runs very deep. It transcends our issues and discussions. It requires making choices not by our conscious or unconscious minds but in who and what we are, the essential quality and nature of our being. It doesn't require mastery of secret teachings and practices. It is a matter of waking up every morning and asking, "who am I and whom and/or what do I serve?"
gundwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:47 AM   #17
Mizar
Avalon Senior Member

Nice topic
First OBE age 7
Next, age 10
Now, whenever I want.
Interesting the Shaman angle was mentioned, Great Grandfather was a respected Shaman in Centro America, I am going back to the homeland next year.
M
Mizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:09 AM   #18
NOWIAM
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a FREE on-line book about OBE’s.

Astral Dynamics - The Book

Astral Dynamics - Website

Here are some links to scientific OBE related institutions.

The Monroe Institute

The Institute of Noetic Sciences

The Lucidity Institute

International Academy of Consciousness

Parapsychological Association

Here’s are some audio and video files on OBE’s.

Tom Campbell (files at bottom of page)

Albert Taylor

William Buhlman

OBE's via Spiritual Paths

Gnosticism

Matrix V - Quest of the Spirit

Yoga Nidra

Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 PM   #19
Altered Species
Avalon Senior Member

Thank god for this topic. I hope someone can help me out here or has some explanation for what i experienced. I had a very weird dream 2 nights ago and I think it may have been some sort of OBE that went WRONG. I have never had an OBE before, but 2 nights ago I was having this dream and even though I can't remeber the details that led up to this point, I was in this room and i said "I'm out of here." Well, all the sudden in my dream I start to levitate and I had actually reached the ceiling and I was bending my head and neck forward to not hit the top of my head. It was nothing fast like I was going to hurt the top of my head, it was real slow and i felt like I was controlling it to some extent. Here is the scary part, as I reached the top of the ceiling it was like something inside me, not my physical body wanted to continue upward, then all of the sudden I feel this tremendous painful vibration in the area from my stomach to the top part of my groin, it felt like an electrical shock. Well then I woke up, I mean I was wide awake.

Now, I think this was some sort of an attempt of an OBE because my mom has had these and had told me some time ago about them and mentioned some cord that actually attaches you to your physical body, and I think that may have been the reason for the pain in my midsection during this dream for what ever reason. I really don't know and this was probably 15 years ago, and at the time i didn't really buy what she was saying.

Just a couple of side notes, i have had previous dreams just recently in the past 3 to 4 years of being able to levitate and kind of control it. I have never had dreams of flying though like it seems many people have had. Most importantly, and what really scared me is that this is the first dream EVER where I have ever felt physical pain in a dream. This has really been on my mind and I can't get this dream out of my head.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about this cord my mom described that actually keeps you attached to your physical body. I'm not sure if she said this cord attaches you to your physical body or not. It's was a long time ago and i can't remember exactly what she said.
Altered Species is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #20
NOWIAM
Avalon Senior Member

Hi "Altered Species"

Your experience about floating to the ceiling reminds me very much of Robert Monroe's first experience. He's one of the modern pioneers in this field. I highly recommend you read his trilogy (Ultimate Journey, Far Spaces, and my favorite, Journey's Out of the Body).

The “cord” you’re speaking of is commonly referred to as the "Silver Cord". It is said to always be there but not always observed. It is usually attached to a person’s midsection or forehead and is theorized to keep a live circuit or connection between ones astral body and their physical body. When a person dies it’s said that the cord separates. But I know of no known instance where the cord is broken or separated while one is active in an OBE. You can do a Google on it and find out more about it.

If you download the FREE Astral Dynamics book mentioned in my previous post the author speaks about the silver cord on pages 27, 84, 52-53, 397-403 and 544.

BTW: Was it an actual “pain” you felt or just an uncomfortable or unknown experience like a jolt? It's a common occurrence to be jolted back into the body and sometimes the shock of it causes a person to jolt physically tensing up their muscles. This can sometimes cause a bit of temporary uncomfortableness or pain.

Last edited by NOWIAM; 09-18-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #21
Altered Species
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOWIAM View Post
BTW: Was it an actual “pain” you felt or just an uncomfortable or unknown experience like a jolt? It's a common occurrence to be jolted back into the body and sometimes the shock of it causes a person to jolt physically tensing up their muscles. This can sometimes cause a bit of temporary uncomfortableness or pain.
Thanks for the info on the "Silver Cord."! I'll be sure to check it out. I wouldn't describe what I felt as a direct pain but rather a pain caused by the result of an increasing tremendous vibration in my midsection. The only way I can describe it is imagine if you were to use one of them massage machines that vibrates a certain area of the body and then imagine it had a dial on it where you could increase that vibration by a thousand. It wasn't a sudden jolt but rather a vibration that started out as something bearable that increased to the point of painful discomfort in about 3 to 4 seconds that eventually caused me to wake up imeaditely. When i woke up I was well aware of what just happened. It wasn't like one of those dreams that wake you up where you have to think about what just happened.

I have no way to validate this besides by assumption but I got a feeling that I tried to take this experience too far and that caused the painful vibration. It's like when I reached the top of the ceiling in the dream that was as far as i was supposed to go but i tried pushing it beyond this point.
Altered Species is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #22
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

You gotta remember, your "astral" or "etheric" body does not feel "pain" unless you want to. So if you're already getting the "vibes" as I call them, just allow your mind to know you're not in trouble or anything and ride it like wave. I believe the silver cord is metaphoric or on some plane we absolutely do not see it. I know I've never felt or been "tethered" by a silver cord in my travels. Either way, all you have to do is think it, and you're back in your body one way or another.

Last edited by Shakesbeer; 09-19-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:26 PM   #23
franciejones
Banned

I have been trying for a year now to get out of body without success. I am sure my failure is due to wanting it so badly. I love the thread and I agree that it truly expands awarness
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #24
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

That's cool, stay positive, it sounds like you're on the right track. It seems this stuff just happens or we get the ability when it's supposed to for us as individuals. Maybe you can look into Hemi-sync or I-doser. If anything they'll get ya feeling dizzy But seriously I know many have had good results with both products. I have tried the I-Doser things and they're interesting, I can see how they can be a very useful tool.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #25
being
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.dream-yoga.org/
being is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
obe