Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #1
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Fear heightens the senses, but only love conquers

To me, put simply, love is an expanding force, fear is a defining force.

Something is coming towards me, a shape. What is it? I want to know.

I can't quite make it out, it's large, it casts a big uneven shadow. Maybe that's a tusk? I want to know more.

Part of the shadow is moving, undulating. Tentacles?

Someone I know has seen this thing before. they have knowledge of it. I ask them, plead with them to tell me what they know. It could save my life.

If only I knew more about what this thing is, I would know what to do about it. How to greet it ? To contain it? To defeat it ? To welcome it ??

I don't know. I need to know more.

This is my fear response. And while I feel this fear, I am all ears. I will pay attention to every little detail that is given me. Because every knowledge that I can get may help my very survival.

As I read the posts on Avalon, I'm thinking at the moment of two things:

One: There is so much going on in the world that I cannot possibly know all the ins and out of the plans afoot that WILL affect my life, yet my mind wants to know as much as possible. It thinks it is up to the task of gathering and knowing up to a point at which it will become safe. Duh !

Two: I am part of a cosmic machine...entity, call it what you will. I am a cell, a unit, a piecepart. Fashioned to do a task. A task that only I can complete. That task is surely not the knowing of everything. But of being. Being me. To the best of my ability. In being me, I will fulfil the task that only I can fulfil and after it's fulfilment, I will pass. As surely as a dandelion clock in the wind.

I remember at school, occasionally the word would go out that the neighbouring school (who's reputation were legendary) were going to come and 'get us' and give us all a good kicking.

Such 'routs' were usually planned for a Friday afternoon, but things in the cosmic universe being what they are, some fortune teller in the school would always kindly let us know by Tuesday afternoon that this was going to go down.

It's amazing how aware we all became in those weeks, and lived every day like they were our last, knowing of the collateral damage that was bound to be doled out to us by Friday.

Funny that in my whole six years at that school, the other school never materialised once. Yet plans as to what we would do when they did come passed the week away, full of excitement and dread. Intimate details of their fighting tactics were well known to those 'in the know'. Information was readily available.

Make no mistake. I believe we are in for tough times ahead. It is not illusion. But our approach to those times is critical for the positive outcome.

Fear is a defining force. It will lead you to talk of all possibilities and eventualities. go down that road and there will always be an eventuality you have not yet prepared for.

Love is the force of being. Love and you will be. And you will be happy. When tomorrow you are no more, than your life/consciousness will change into something else. If you are fearful today, then you have already changed your consciousness before its time.

Love is not just some hippy claptrap, but , for me , it is a connection to the universal consciousness. Fear is protection of the self. Of course, protection of self is a necessary part of our life. But with talk of cataclysm, (or marauding schoolchildren) it is easy to go down the route of defining imagined dangers and forgetting the 'being' with love.

So I ask, that with all the resources, all the information. Be prepared, but be prepared to love.

K

Last edited by Kulapops; 10-19-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fear love prepare