Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #1
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Fear heightens the senses, but only love conquers

To me, put simply, love is an expanding force, fear is a defining force.

Something is coming towards me, a shape. What is it? I want to know.

I can't quite make it out, it's large, it casts a big uneven shadow. Maybe that's a tusk? I want to know more.

Part of the shadow is moving, undulating. Tentacles?

Someone I know has seen this thing before. they have knowledge of it. I ask them, plead with them to tell me what they know. It could save my life.

If only I knew more about what this thing is, I would know what to do about it. How to greet it ? To contain it? To defeat it ? To welcome it ??

I don't know. I need to know more.

This is my fear response. And while I feel this fear, I am all ears. I will pay attention to every little detail that is given me. Because every knowledge that I can get may help my very survival.

As I read the posts on Avalon, I'm thinking at the moment of two things:

One: There is so much going on in the world that I cannot possibly know all the ins and out of the plans afoot that WILL affect my life, yet my mind wants to know as much as possible. It thinks it is up to the task of gathering and knowing up to a point at which it will become safe. Duh !

Two: I am part of a cosmic machine...entity, call it what you will. I am a cell, a unit, a piecepart. Fashioned to do a task. A task that only I can complete. That task is surely not the knowing of everything. But of being. Being me. To the best of my ability. In being me, I will fulfil the task that only I can fulfil and after it's fulfilment, I will pass. As surely as a dandelion clock in the wind.

I remember at school, occasionally the word would go out that the neighbouring school (who's reputation were legendary) were going to come and 'get us' and give us all a good kicking.

Such 'routs' were usually planned for a Friday afternoon, but things in the cosmic universe being what they are, some fortune teller in the school would always kindly let us know by Tuesday afternoon that this was going to go down.

It's amazing how aware we all became in those weeks, and lived every day like they were our last, knowing of the collateral damage that was bound to be doled out to us by Friday.

Funny that in my whole six years at that school, the other school never materialised once. Yet plans as to what we would do when they did come passed the week away, full of excitement and dread. Intimate details of their fighting tactics were well known to those 'in the know'. Information was readily available.

Make no mistake. I believe we are in for tough times ahead. It is not illusion. But our approach to those times is critical for the positive outcome.

Fear is a defining force. It will lead you to talk of all possibilities and eventualities. go down that road and there will always be an eventuality you have not yet prepared for.

Love is the force of being. Love and you will be. And you will be happy. When tomorrow you are no more, than your life/consciousness will change into something else. If you are fearful today, then you have already changed your consciousness before its time.

Love is not just some hippy claptrap, but , for me , it is a connection to the universal consciousness. Fear is protection of the self. Of course, protection of self is a necessary part of our life. But with talk of cataclysm, (or marauding schoolchildren) it is easy to go down the route of defining imagined dangers and forgetting the 'being' with love.

So I ask, that with all the resources, all the information. Be prepared, but be prepared to love.

K

Last edited by Kulapops; 10-19-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
paigetheoracle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fear heightens the senses, but only love conquers

Fear is not knowing what we are perceiving/ involved in or with - hence the concentration upon it. Love on the other hand is freedom from this delusion and letting go through understanding (Life is a joke and death the punchline - in other words our ignorance draws us into this world and our understanding 'enlightens' us, releasing us from this prison or paradigm of consciousness that seems all too real until we step outside it).
paigetheoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigetheoracle View Post
Fear is not knowing what we are perceiving/ involved in or with - hence the concentration upon it. Love on the other hand is freedom from this delusion and letting go through understanding (Life is a joke and death the punchline - in other words our ignorance draws us into this world and our understanding 'enlightens' us, releasing us from this prison or paradigm of consciousness that seems all too real until we step outside it).
Neat words Paige... thanks for those. I agree.

I esp like 'life is a joke and death is the punchline'. Where's that from ? It reminds me of the saying...' If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined '

Fear is a defining force, it gets us to figure out the unknown so that we might not fear it. But the unknown is perty big. Love can give way to an inner knowing that relaxes and stabilises (or maybe just draws the wool down an inch lower - who knows ? )

I'm fairly certain though, that given the choice between investing in fear and investing in love, there is only one proper choice.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
Treckie
Avalon Senior Member

You need both. Love on it's own is a false teaching by the "new age religion" (illuminarti).
A warrior is capable of unspeakable horrors, but is also well in tune with feelings of love. That can not be said for someone who is wet, so to speak.
Treckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for posting your thoughts on this thread Treckie...good to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treckie View Post
You need both.
I agree, check out my avatar symbol

Quote:
A warrior is capable of unspeakable horrors, but is also well in tune with feelings of love.
I disagree with that though. He might be capable of unspeakable horrors, but if he actually commits them, then I don't think he's doing his job properly. There's a difference to me between killing a rabbit when necessary - and pulling the legs off it.

A benign nature should also not be confused with weakness or wetness - though I agree with you that some take lovey-dovey to the wrong direction and if agreement is for appeasement then that is wrong too.

I agree that balance is the key, thanks for your thoughts.

K
Old 10-21-2008, 11:29 PM   #6
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Beautiful post. I must say, we are very close in spirit. Your point of view is refreshing to mine, inspiring. At the same time, I bless this moment to have known a soul that I can gladly call my brother.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Beautiful post. I must say, we are very close in spirit. Your point of view is refreshing to mine, inspiring. At the same time, I bless this moment to have known a soul that I can gladly call my brother.

Namaste, Steven
And thanks for lifting my day Steven

You know, it makes the whole thing worthwhile to know that there are people out there looking to take the right route which is not necessarily the easy route. But when all is said and done, there is no arguing with it (the way of love) although to many there is still fear of it. Possibly because it involves supplication (hope that's the right word), but that doesn't mean that it's weak imo. Think of O-b-wan standing to as Mr Vader strikes him down. Vader thinks he's won, because in spite of his power, he has a limited understanding of the universe.

Clinging to the material is a form of fear, but everything material will decay (even canisters of freeze dried food go-off eventually ). I'm hoping I can leave the survivor-mind behind to resettle in my true nature, the path of love. Love takes care of us all. It is constant and never decays, we either move in its flow and its will, or we run and hide from its influence.

There is a slow momentum building of people such as yourselves (and myself hopefully) who are standing for that. The difference between that movement and the survival movement is that the survival movement can only get going once a disaster actually happens, whereas the 'awakening' can happen every day.

I ask myself, 'who did I smile at today?'

I've read and enjoyed your posts on several other threads in passing, so it's a double compliment that you feel a connection. (now I think I should have complimented yours ! lol)

Glad you are part of the evolution brother... (nice avatar too, says it all to me)
Old 10-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
Treckie
Avalon Senior Member

Nice to meet you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post

I disagree with that though. He might be capable of unspeakable horrors, but if he actually commits them, then I don't think he's doing his job properly. There's a difference to me between killing a rabbit when necessary - and pulling the legs off it.
A true rhyfelwr (warrior) doesn't go out and harm for pleasure. That side of him only comes about when and if summons. Hence a shaolin monk.
Treckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #9
sunny D
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvUTozuiBF0 A lot of info in a few minutes.....Namaste......
sunny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #10
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny D View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvUTozuiBF0 A lot of info in a few minutes.....Namaste......
Greetings Sunny...welcome...

Would you care to expand on your post please ? What is the title of the video ? What is it about , and what is its connection to this topic?

peace n love

K
Old 10-23-2008, 12:03 AM   #11
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
A true rhyfelwr (warrior) doesn't go out and harm for pleasure. That side of him only comes about when and if summons. Hence a shaolin monk.
Thanks for the info - rhyfelwr sounds like a great word for a warrior that behaves as you say. I'm interested in words and their meaning.

I would imagine that such warriors would have the greatest respect for life.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:44 AM   #12
sunny D
Avalon Senior Member

For me there was a lot of clear info in that film and i wanted to share. The film doesnt has a name. Namaste..!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:25 PM   #13
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the link Sunny D, I I've just checked it out. For those who are interested in a synopsis, it's called the MATRIX OF ILLUSION and it has contributions from David Icke in it as well.

It's about 10 minutes long and apart from some music and images of mandelbrot shapes that made my mind go a bit 'lala' towards the end it covers some interesting soundbites about the connectedness of everything and what is matter, but frequency and energy, it is not solid. It also looks at the idea that we change what we look at through our conscious interaction.

No mention of love though I think that love is a key in this connection force working at maximum oomph - (I have no links though, sorry)

The part at the beginning though (is that David Lynch??) about focusing on changing the size of our consciousness is fascinating.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

peace n love

Incidentally, Sunny, if you have an interest in the mix between science and the esoteric, I really recommend the book 'Punk Science'

K
Old 10-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #14
sunny D
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: Fear heightens the senses, but only love conquers

Thanx...!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:34 AM   #15
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

im am with you on this one koolapops .
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #16
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

FYI

Just tried the link and got;
<This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Concious Media Network >
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #17
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayzero View Post
FYI

Just tried the link and got;
<This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Concious Media Network >
Yep... I get the same. Well, that lasted for a whole two days. Glad I saw it last night now.

Any ideas Sunny ? I'm afraid I'm not up on the whole downloading/posting videos, so either we get a fresh link (unlikely if there's a copyright claim)...or maybe we can edit this thread - well, I'll say it here then...

THIS VIDEO IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Group hug....ah... that's better...

If anyone's interested, I can post a bit more of what I remember of its salient points.

K
Old 10-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #18
sunny D
Avalon Senior Member

Don t know why the link doesnt work anymore....Things seem to disapear into cyberspace.....
Old 10-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #19
sunny D
Avalon Senior Member

Consious networks doesnt want us too see anymore??????? duh!! The film was called mind over matter....

Last edited by sunny D; 10-24-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #20
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Great thread Lulapops,

Love is our essence. The moment we let the Love flow shine in our lives fear vanishes.
We are here for no other purpose than to realize our inner divinity and manifest our innate enlightenment.The moment one sees this one recognizes that all events unfolding in our lives
are just challenges to the soul.

kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #21
bythisriver
Avalon Senior Member

Kulapops,

Thank you so much for your message. It is exactly what I needed to hear. Sometimes I feel that, for all the good intentions of Avalon, there is a part of it that is thriving on the sensational nature of catastrophe (fear) and I see myself straying into that, when what I really want to do is love more.

Cheers,

A
bythisriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:58 AM   #22
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Mudra and Bythisriver... thanks for your contributions. Great to meet likeminds such as yourselves.

Maybe I'm walking a path of blissful ignorance at the moment...but it is a kind of bliss, so I'm not too worried about the ignorance

It seems so obvious when I look at it (the problems, the doomygloomy) this way, the way of love and not of fear. I don't need to know half of this stuff. There are many people who are getting depressed and overwhelmed by the amount of information they feel they have to know or prepare for. Instead I need to reach out and connect with other people. Not because I need help, but because we all exist in one existence and we need to recognise that.

the truth of love is a lot simpler. for me, this site should be about connecting like and unlike minds and most importantly hearts. In fact, scrub the minds part, it doesn't matter what you think/believe if you have love for me. It doesn't really matter what the data is...but a recognition that we are all part of one consciousness and that love is the connecting communication of growth for that consciousness.

Well, that's a start then let's see where we get to from there.

Peace n love

K
Old 10-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #23
Strandloper
Avalon Senior Member

Well done for this thread Kulapops,
Lots of resonance with you here.

Quote:
This is my fear response. And while I feel this fear, I am all ears. I will pay attention to every little detail that is given me. Because every knowledge that I can get may help my very survival.

There is so much going on in the world that I cannot possibly know all the ins and out of the plans afoot that WILL affect my life, yet my mind wants to know as much as possible. It thinks it is up to the task of gathering and knowing up to a point at which it will become safe. Duh !
O brother.... have i ever been going down that road.

Quote:
I am part of a cosmic machine...entity, call it what you will. I am a cell, a unit, a piecepart. Fashioned to do a task. A task that only I can complete. That task is surely not the knowing of everything. But of being. Being me. To the best of my ability. In being me, I will fulfil the task that only I can fulfil and after it's fulfilment, I will pass. As surely as a dandelion clock in the wind.
Thanks for reminding me of what I keep forgetting in my states of uncentred anxieties.

Quote:
Love is not just some hippy claptrap, but , for me , it is a connection to the universal consciousness. Fear is protection of the self. Of course, protection of self is a necessary part of our life. But with talk of cataclysm, it is easy to go down the route of defining imagined dangers and forgetting the 'being' with love.
Man do I ever need constant reminders.
I keep forgetting that the only times that I have felt real to myself ARE WHEN I HAVE FELT CONNECTED TO TO EVERYTHING AND FELT THE LOVE PERMEATE ME AND EVERYTHING AROUND ME.
I live because of these moments, and knowing that I have experienced these moments (however brief they be some times) I move forward in life with hope that I may experience them some more.

Strand
Strandloper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fear love prepare