Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Merlyn
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Zeitgeist Addendum and Technology

=
=

I started this as a seperate thread because there is an important issue
that appears in general society and in the Zeitgeist Addendum that might
be something to consider.

This is the idea the "outer" Technology is so important.

If we increase or dependence on "outer" Technology then we become
dependent upon it for iur very survival. In a sense we become weaker.

EXAMPLE:

Something a simple as an air conditioner and heater over time we
will only be able to survive at 75-80 degrees. And might die outside
some temperature range. Thus the technology has made us weaker.
This a simple example but the concept maybe applied to various
forms of technology.

I am not saying all Technology is bad.

But we have to choose wisely how to use it.

Technology at is best is like great Art --- it is inspired
and uplifts all of humanity making us stronger.

But is has been said the more you rely upon things (technology)
outside of yourself the weaker you become not just physically
but spiritually as well. The more you rely and learn to use your
INNER abilities or you might say "Inner Technology" the stronger
you become an all ways.

For example: Telepathy is an "inner" technology and a cell phone "outer technology".

So what I am saying is Zeitgeist Addendum should also explore the
ways of Inner Technology which would also eliminate the profit,
greed, and corruption problems. This is something Project Venus
should consider.

=
=
Merlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
Xammy
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Zeitgeist Addendum and Technology

Quote:
I am not saying all Technology is bad.

But we have to choose wisely how to use it.

Technology at is best is like great Art --- it is inspired
and uplifts all of humanity making us stronger.
Thanks for that!

I strongly believe that technology CAN be used for the good of mankind. And sometimes new ideas, takes on how to do stuff or 'technology' can even be necessary to make it from one specific point in time space to the next.

It should also be said that technology is not always machines in the old fashion sense, it can also be a method, a technique.

Xammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
undetected
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with that. I also thought that the technology got a bit more credit in the movie that it deserves. But it was put there in contrast with banking and business, in which case it makes perfect sense.

But you're right, people should do their best without technology in the first place. I don't have a TV, or a car, or even a phone [neither cell nor any other]. I don't need it. Also I don't use the heating in winter [and yeah, it IS freezing where I live] - all you need is to dress a bit more, you'll save some money too.

Lots of technology is only making people weaker, dumber and especially much lazier. So yeah, spiritual growth first, technology second. Good thought.
undetected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
1mack

I absolutely agree with you Merlyn and I just barely posted practically the same thoughts in another discussion group I am a part of. It saddens me that a movie like Zeitgeist would try to tell the audience that it has the only answer to our problem. Zeitgeist tries to explain the idea of and meaning of "god" but, actually, "god" is a very broad concept these days. The film talks about the simbiotic nature of humans to everything else in the universe. This itself is an example of many peoples' concept of "god". So, for Zeitgeist to say that we need to let the idea of "god" go and replace it with outer technology (and the faith in technology to do good for humanity) seems contradictory or antithematic. I did take note that during the documentary, when the narrator mentioned religion, he said "theistic religion" which further leads me to question if Zeitgeist promotes an outer technology "religion" in a sense. Perhaps parts of the ideas of The Venus Project could help shape our future in a positive fashion, but we must maintain that it is far greater for our minds to advance than for machinery to advance and serve our ignorance.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
peacelovinman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mack View Post
I absolutely agree with you Merlyn and I just barely posted practically the same thoughts in another discussion group I am a part of. It saddens me that a movie like Zeitgeist would try to tell the audience that it has the only answer to our problem. Zeitgeist tries to explain the idea of and meaning of "god" but, actually, "god" is a very broad concept these days. The film talks about the simbiotic nature of humans to everything else in the universe. This itself is an example of many peoples' concept of "god". So, for Zeitgeist to say that we need to let the idea of "god" go and replace it with outer technology (and the faith in technology to do good for humanity) seems contradictory or antithematic. I did take note that during the documentary, when the narrator mentioned religion, he said "theistic religion" which further leads me to question if Zeitgeist promotes an outer technology "religion" in a sense. Perhaps parts of the ideas of The Venus Project could help shape our future in a positive fashion, but we must maintain that it is far greater for our minds to advance than for machinery to advance and serve our ignorance.
I agree. I do not believe a technocratic society is the way to go. We must get back to our "divine" state, leaving in harmony with the rest of creation. Machines are always inferior to the "real" creations seen in nature.
peacelovinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #6
Merlyn
Avalon Senior Member

=
=

Thank all of you for your comments and it is good to see so many thinking
about their Inner Technology which is operates in harmony with the entire
Creation.

Imagine what each person could do if they are uplifted to their full potential
and create their works of Art some of which we might call Technology.

I think the concept of AVALON is about a strong Inner Technology
that is in Balance and Harmony with All. This I think is our Destiny.

=
=
Merlyn is offline   Reply With Quote