Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:15 AM   #1
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Post What are you doing to get ready?

We've been told by some credible sources that there is the very real possibility that a horizon event may occur within a few weeks. Something even bigger then 9/11 involving economics, military and weather. It has also been suggested that it will be a rocky road for the following 5 months after this event(s). Subsequently the questions one needs to ask of oneself is, “AM I READY?”

Are you ready if the power goes out?

Are you ready with supplies to hold you over if you can't leave home?

Are you ready emotionally, psychologically and spiritually to deal with a major disruption?

Are you ready if the electronics go down?

Please feel free to share what steps you have been taking or will be taking to get ready…
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
Nenuphar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What are you doing to get ready?

Funny this was the first post I read this evening on the revised forum.

I just finished placing a large order of seed sprouts from Mumm's seeds... http://www.sprouting.com/

...and placed a bulk order for pure beeswax candles - large ones that can be used in glass lanterns in the house.

Two small things, but I am trying to quietly get ready for whatever without attracting too much of the "You're just crazy!!" response from those around me...

Nenuphar
Nenuphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #3
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Well I am reading this forum for a start. I think you need to go here - a subforum next door to this one!

Preparations / Advice
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/f...splay.php?f=50

Can a mod close this thread or move it to the right place please?

Last edited by Anchor; 09-24-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:30 AM   #4
ladyluck
Avalon Senior Member

I can tell you what I'm doing right now.....

I'm studyng the Sedona Method as well as the Release Technique & good 'ol fashioned meditation. Been studying them for nearly 18 months now and it has been wonderful for me! Events & circumstances in my life are falling into place just how I like it.
This "law of Attraction" stuff is very useful!

You are absolutely right, Carol. Being physically prepared is great, but also being spiritually, emotionally & mentally prepared are just as equally important.
ladyluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:44 AM   #5
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

A common sense aproach is good, in PR because of hurricanes people automatically prepare for long periods w/o electricity and water. Plenty of candles, water can foods, etc... Is funny to see people panic and run
to the stores and buy everything out. Batteries, food , etc..
That's is why the spiritual and psychological preparation is of the upmost importance, your health is number one . The moment you panic you loose control. Keep positive and use common sense in making preparations.
Peace and love to you..
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:51 AM   #6
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
We've been told by some credible sources that there is the very real possibility that a horizon event may occur within a few weeks. Something even bigger then 9/11 involving economics, military and weather. It has also been suggested that it will be a rocky road for the following 5 months after this event(s). Subsequently the questions one needs to ask of oneself is, “AM I READY?”

Are you ready if the power goes out?

Are you ready with supplies to hold you over if you can't leave home?

Are you ready emotionally, psychologically and spiritually to deal with a major disruption?

Are you ready if the electronics go down?

Please feel free to share what steps you have been taking or will be taking to get ready…
Get out of the cities and plan never to return. This will be red october. Remember electronics don't work in room 1408. Which is oct 14
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:28 AM   #7
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Communications is also key.

In 1989 we were in the San Francisco 7.0 earthquake. The most important thing I saw almost everyone immediately do is call family friends and relatives. We wanted to know everyone was safe. Next, power because the electricity was out.

Do you have your list of contacts in several places where you can get to it. One good place is also in the glove compartment of your vehicle; another is taped to the bottom of the telephone; or loaded into cell phones with hard copy back-ups in a wallet or purse, etc.

And of course, everyone wanted to know what the heck was going on... TV (not working), got a radio?
Old 09-24-2008, 04:09 AM   #8
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

MILITARY STARTS MARTIAL LAW MISSION: OCTOBER 1ST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hc5EaWe5ow
Old 09-24-2008, 04:23 AM   #9
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
MILITARY STARTS MARTIAL LAW MISSION: OCTOBER 1ST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hc5EaWe5ow
The American Version of the SS.... wow...
ranma187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #10
enacae
Avalon Senior Member

I really don't have have the means to get as prepared as some. I am raising my children here at home. The only hope I would have is to depend upon my family for support and hope we can pull a small group together to look after one another. My plan is to go to the Appalachia Mountains where I grew up if things get really bad. Great post by the way! People need to be thinking about what they can do to survive once all hell breaks loose.
enacae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:39 AM   #11
333mark333
Avalon Senior Member

Location: The Western Shore of the Hudson Bay-churchill, manitoba, canada

We have been guided by the universal signs. After much travel through British Columbia( on our quest for community living of the grid ) we have ended up in a small community nestled on the edge of the hudson bay ( churchill, manitoba ). We believe that this small isolated community can adapt, It is a hunting and fishing community with an abundance of food supplies. With a population of around 900 we feel it will join as one and take care of eachother. The native people hear still know how to live of our earth even in temps of -50. We have the upmost confidence in our connections to self and are preparing for whatever will be manifest for us.
If you feel threatened in your current situation of living then follow your intuition and MOVE, get out of over populated areas and into smaller more sustainable communities that have the chance to communicate and act together.
Love to all that are willing to receive!

mark
333mark333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #12
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for the links. I'm learning to eat sprouts too.
The stores that service the Catholics sell wonderful candles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenuphar View Post
Funny this was the first post I read this evening on the revised forum.

I just finished placing a large order of seed sprouts from Mumm's seeds... http://www.sprouting.com/

...and placed a bulk order for pure beeswax candles - large ones that can be used in glass lanterns in the house.

Two small things, but I am trying to quietly get ready for whatever without attracting too much of the "You're just crazy!!" response from those around me...

Nenuphar
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:21 PM   #13
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: What are you doing to get ready?

We have stocked about 6 months worth of food, we have the capacity to store over 400 litres of clean drinking water, we also have a couple hundred candles, some portable stoves, and a shed load of gas cannisters, to name some of our supplies.

Are we prepared?

To be honest not even close! Are we better off than most of the sheep out there, yes I would say so.

Not that this is a comforting thought.

Just my two cents

Jay
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #14
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Would you mind explaining in more detail what the release technique process consists of and what it is doing for you?

Last night I could not stop listening to this hyperdimensional character -- he's a riot!!!

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q...en&emb=0&aq=f#

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyluck View Post
I can tell you what I'm doing right now.....

I'm studyng the Sedona Method as well as the Release Technique & good 'ol fashioned meditation. Been studying them for nearly 18 months now and it has been wonderful for me! Events & circumstances in my life are falling into place just how I like it.
This "law of Attraction" stuff is very useful!

You are absolutely right, Carol. Being physically prepared is great, but also being spiritually, emotionally & mentally prepared are just as equally important.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:23 PM   #15
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

The mosquitos and black flies should keep the marauders away -- just kidding!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333mark333 View Post
We have been guided by the universal signs. After much travel through British Columbia( on our quest for community living of the grid ) we have ended up in a small community nestled on the edge of the hudson bay ( churchill, manitoba ). We believe that this small isolated community can adapt, It is a hunting and fishing community with an abundance of food supplies. With a population of around 900 we feel it will join as one and take care of eachother. The native people hear still know how to live of our earth even in temps of -50. We have the upmost confidence in our connections to self and are preparing for whatever will be manifest for us.
If you feel threatened in your current situation of living then follow your intuition and MOVE, get out of over populated areas and into smaller more sustainable communities that have the chance to communicate and act together.
Love to all that are willing to receive!

mark
Old 09-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #16
Baggywrinkle

We are nowhere near ready.

Our thrust is continuing on without electricity, or fuel of any kind.

We were on a four year time table, cut short by three
years. When we became aware that it was happening
NOW rather than later we started cherry picking through
our list to get as ready as we can be with what we already
have put in place. But that only goes so far. We have wood
but no wood stove. When the propane and kerosene is
gone we'll be cooking using fire pit and dutch oven and going to bed with the sun...

We've got seeds and hand tools but no draught animals,
nor do we have the means to feed them if we had them.
Our raised bed gardens are not in. It would be daunting
to subsistence garden in this rocky soil. A gasoline
roto tiller is no match. It needs a backhoe. There is
a reason this particular patch of ground was never
tilled. The old farmers were very wise.

We can make do for several years without electric power
or fuel of any kind with what we have on hand. This will
buy time to come up with other solutions. Without other
solutions it starts to look pretty bleak in the long term.

It all depends on how bad and how soon the cards are
dealt to us. We are flexible and able to adapt. We just
need a bit of wiggle room to make it happen.

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 09-24-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #17
stefaan
Avalon Senior Member

Angry Re: What are you doing to get ready?

I am almost doing nothing.
For some weeks now, everytime I get some money out of the wall, I get some more than needed. I store it here, so I have some cash in the house. If a rush on the banks happens, I won't have to stand in the row. But will my money have any value? Does it change anything?
Not always, but often, when I go to the shop, I buy some more than I need. So food provision starts to pile up a little bit. So far maybe I can survive one week on it.

It seems clear, I am not that convinced.
Maybe I belong to that large group of people, still asleep, or not really believing what is prophecized. Mostly I just go on with my life as if there is nothing to worry about.

You know. At the first gulf war, in Israel, there were people thinking their end of time was near. So in their shelters, underground, the best thing they could come up with, was to have orgies. The same thing happened in Hitlers bunker, in the last days of WWII. Everyone was doing it with everyone. Wine, beer ... were drunk by the slots (correct english?) Now, these people certainly didn't think it was necessary to get ready. To prepare. They just waited for what was coming in some sort of fatalistic way. The Israelites tought the end was near but they were wrong. The nazist tought the end was near and for them, it was right.

It looks like you do nothing or little as long your are not convinced. And then, when you are convinced, you can go many ways. Try to survive, hope to survive, or like the above, just go crazy.
stefaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #18
gazbom
Banned

Well we are stuck in Holland, 5 metres below sea level, we want to move to France but our financial situation at the moment renders that idea impossible.
I have been following this stuff for more than two years now and although it looks pretty grim, things happen surprisingly different than you expect them too, I'm hoping this crisis will ride it self out!
gazbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #19
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazbom View Post
Well we are stuck in Holland, 5 metres below sea level, we want to move to France but our financial situation at the moment renders that idea impossible.
I have been following this stuff for more than two years now and although it looks pretty grim, things happen surprisingly different than you expect them too, I'm hoping this crisis will ride it self out!
If you make it to France, you might look for the Antimondialists. My daughter has been educating me
about them. They seem like they are on the right path
to self sufficiency

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimondialisation
Old 09-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #20
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Well like a few of you i have been doing the necessary things, one thing that people really need to understand is if you are on regular medication this could prove real problems for some.
I know if you are on repeat prescriptions you may be able to get a months supply ahead but what happens then?
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:10 PM   #21
333mark333
Avalon Senior Member

Location: The Western Shore of the Hudson Bay-churchill, manitoba, canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
The mosquitos and black flies should keep the marauders away -- just kidding!!!
LOL And if that fails the polar bears will be well fed
333mark333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #22
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

I'd suggest that everyone google (or scroogle) 'permaculture' and 'your home town or locale' and take an introductory course. As a caveat, you'll hear a lot of rubbish about 'global warming' and 'peak oil' and other 'green' nonsense. But the design concepts are simply awesome...And knowing more gardeners in your area is always good for seed swaps, cuttings etc.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote