Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 10-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Neti - protect yourself from airborne illness

Recent stories about anthrax and other airborne diseases - and the possibility of mandatory vaccines - made me wish to post this. Neti is a simple practice that seems strange to most Westerners, but has been practiced in Asia for many centuries. It is the technique of washing out the nasal sinus with warm water.

To do neti you need a neti pot. This is a small pitcher that looks like a cross between a coffee creamer and a gravy separator. The spout has a rounded tip that forms a seal against the opening of the nostril. The neti pot is filled with warm salt water or other cleansing solution, and then simply poured into the nostril while holding the breath or even just breathing through the mouth. The water simply rinses out the sinus and pours out the other nostril.

Neti removes dust, pollen, mucus and other pollutants from the sinus. It is wonderful for people with nasal allergies. It helps protect the body by removing inhaled pathogens.

The water for the neti pot should be body temperature or a degree or two warmer. Traditionally one uses about 1/2 tsp of salt in the water. I use the neti pot daily in the shower, with either salt in the water, or water with 6-8 drops of grapefruit seed extract if I think I may be coming down with something. This is a wonderful preventive for sinus infections and allergy attacks, and also protects against airborne pathogens. I'm a total believer, and I think everyone should own and use a neti pot.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Neti - protect yourself from airborne illness

I just want to add my testimony to this process.

I purchased a Neti pot at the Mind Body and Spirit festival in Sydney a few weeks back. Two weeks later I finally got round to doing it, and it is amazing.

Anyway I have been doing it daily for two weeks, and this weekend I decided to mow the grass in our back yard. We have a mulching mower and if you go over any dry areas it kicks up a lot of dust.

Anyway afterwards I have finished and come in - I go to the bathroom - see my Neti pot - and this voice/idea in my head is like "DO NETI NOW".

"But I've already done it today?"

"DO IT NOW"

So I did.

OMG - you should have seen that dirt that it flushed out - it could only be described as mucus mixed with mud. I would have suffered badly had I left it, or just "blown" my nose.

Amazing.

I note that when after I do Neti in the morning, for the next little while I am breathing with both nostrils - all the way through my morning meditation/manifestation session.

So, I concur with whitecrow.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
Jenny
Project Avalon Member