Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Canada

Notices

View Poll Results: Would You Be Interestend In Starting/Supporting A Galactic Market Network
Yes - Lets Do IT Anyway we can! 26 96.30%
No I don't support Farmers Markets 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2008, 10:51 PM   #26
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Holstein Farmers Market - Canada's First Galactic Market!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranma187 View Post
Wow i wonder if jester will start Quarks bar on deep space nine

but yeah this sounds great!
I was thinking more like

The Grand Funk Cafe!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #27
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Hey check it out. We just had another review done on our market!!!

Seasonal Ontario Food Blog Holstein Farmers' Market
Old 10-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #28
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Hey...we got all out bills paid so were giving it away!!
FREE VENDOR SPACE OCT 18 & 25th!!

The goal for next year is free vendor space all or at least part of the year. I'm not quite sure how this will work yet but if there is a will there is a way.

Plans in the works for another market next year underway...if anyone else out there wants to get involved and start a market in your town now is the time to start...its a lot of fun and makes your town a better place! Come to the market...bring your revolution boots!

Not a lot of votes for markets out there...hmmmmm well I'm working on tons of new projects some of which i have posted above and one project is software that can be used for a market site that will link vendors all over the place, that should keep me busy all winter. Hang tight Canada...were gonna make it! I just know it!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #29
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Hey there to all my friends at avalon...you are one wild bunch if I ever met one. I have never meet most of you face to face but sure do enjoy reading most of what people write

Have you ever heard such wild topics that are being discussed here? Holy **** I think I just went Galactic! Universal bound I am so it seems! I'm just gonna keep one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the holy handle. Thank you all so much for sharing with me your stories and information much of it has help make scene of these monumental changes that are happening to us all. After a few months of reading here and we can make a movie called what the bleep don't we know. This is because you can have the truth or you can have lies. You can also argue the truth but you will be wrong.

I'm working on plans for next years market if anyone out there wants to help make this market bigger then I can ever dream and I seem to be able to dream big. I have a lot more vendors lined up for this year and am always looking for more help to grow this little market into well...read the above posts I am just about out of my head with ideas. Well i just know there are a few good people on my team...i just know it

I'm working on starting a new booth at the market selling some interesting items. Here is a sneak peak to our new site. www.isteam.ca Its all just for fun well back to the laboratory and to work i go. Best wishes and good vibes to anyone who reads this. Peace JT

Last edited by JesterTerrestrial; 12-03-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:09 AM   #30
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Next year I'd like to see a floating dock for my saucer.

Oh yeah. Isteam will have to have saucers for sale before then, ok?

think big.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:27 AM   #31
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Help make this the best intergalactic market ever!

Economy hurtin' on your planet? Join a market in your town today!

Last edited by JesterTerrestrial; 02-03-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #32
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

the 13th vote -- for yes , let's do it

Jester Terrestrial 's ideas / and, implementing them
is amasing

thanks for coming to the ground crew meeting

& sharing you, and, your ideas

love/susan
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #33
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

thank you eXchanger...you have done a excellent service to the ground crew! I should thank you so much. Until the next meeting I'll be chillin in my market office dreaming big on the front lines of new peaceful earth

Last edited by JesterTerrestrial; 02-09-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #34
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

I can't understand why there are no other options rather that "A" or "B"? lol.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:28 AM   #35
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Jester, how is everything going?
I got myself a few acres of organic land, moving may first, and am gonna try and get a lot of crops going by the end of this season.
We have a farmers market out here every Sunday, but its really not that what you call health conscious, although its getting better.

I am thinking of starting my own little market as soon as I have the product.
Was there any legal stuff you have to go through to start a market in your area?
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:04 AM   #36
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Phtha going great I would have to say. Sounds like a great idea...moving to some organic land and growing some vegetables!

When I first started my market I emailed my local township council. In my case I asked to use the local park. There is a recreation advisory committee that looks after all the recreation and park issues. Then there is the township council member of 7 or 8 councilors. The township has shown some support in a local community guide for business with our listing in it. I have also received free printing from the economic development committee. As for financial support I'm mostly on my own. We have to pay the township $100 a month to rent. My township is the only one and Grey and Bruce county that charges rent. Guess I'm just gonna have to get a little more radical this year. I sort of don't mind paying some rent though because it is a very nice park. No free rides round here. lol I used to have a job but once avalon opened in September things in my life just got way to weird and i had to quit just to keep up with it all So now I'm just going at my market full time...Its all I got. Its been the most amazing experience of my life, yet. This year I am just floating through the winter and have been working hard to get ready for THE SUMMER OF AWESOME!

Anyway. Lots of councils and meetings. Plan for things to take a little longer then you plan. Sometimes dealing with this many people it can take days for things to happen. I contacted the local health unit and have had good communications with them as to the guidelines for keeping people safe at a farmers market. There was a farmers market package available with some posters to hang up at the market and a DVD for Food safety at a farmers market. WASH YOUR HANDS! We have to provide a hand washing station with potable water that I have been driving to the closest free UV water filter at a conservation park a few KM from my market. This year I have permission to use the UV water filter that is located in the Pavilion building where someday I hope to be able to grow the market into. I am also getting a deal on the insurance so that will save us at least 500 bucks! But the insurance is not as good. The other cover me and the staff. Forget lottery tickets...I gamble with my life...i know I have some friends that watch out for me much better then any insurance agent in a suit ever could.

So I have found a way to reduce our costs and this will in turn give us a few more dollars to spend on special events and guest speakers and advertising. I'll be working around the clock as usual. Gotta get me a watch that tracks spiral time. I also just found out that I am accepted into a market garden grant program. The Super Funk Power Market Garden just got five hundred big ones. So I am putting in a much larger garden this year to help support my market. So long story short I would contact your local health office and ask them to dig out any info they have. Also contact the local municipal office. The mountian of information you get from there should keep you busy for a while. More importantly tho contact your neighbor and everyone you know. Call the papers and media people. Make posters and come up with some cool ideas...call it a galactic market and keep on rockin in the free world Best Wishes for you and your market Peace JT

Last edited by JesterTerrestrial; 04-07-2009 at 03:20 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:46 AM   #37
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Cheers Jester glad its going good there.
It sounds like you are having a lot of fun with it, that usually means your doing the right thing eh.

And great info, I always forget about contacting people by email when it comes to these things. I really like the idea of the Galactic Market so I will certainly be using that name, hopefully they will start popping up all over! I got the art work covered, once upon a time I had a career doing digital videogame art, and kinda miss parts of it, so always happy to have an excuse to fire up the old art programs. If you ever need art done let me know. Free for the Galactic Market. The banners and other art I have seen so far for the market is really nice stuffs.

Btw, what did you need insurance for?
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:11 AM   #38
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Super site - and, gr8 ideas

enjoyed eXchanging with you today

keep us posted , on new developed

gr8 new website
Old 08-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #39
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

how was business today, at the market

let us know, how it's going

i enjoyed visiting it
Old 11-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #40
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Hey eXChanger... not sure if you will read this or not but it was great to have met you and piers at my market! We had a blast and I hope everything is well out there with you too! I know how crazy it can get.

I got so caught up on being able to love and just about got lost in my research I have not followed up on my market thread! My second season of markets was... as I called it...the summer of awesome! I am still just floating on empty in the financial as usual. I really started out with nothing and yup, that's about what i got left.

We have doubled the size of the market from the first year and I expect next year to be another important year of networking and growth as we continue to establish and expand our market venture. My own personal garden will be bigger this year to help provide food for my market table! I am going to have SOOOO many strawberries next year!

Anyone wanting to partner up and help me develop this crazy business venture of the Farmers Market and my Grand Funk Cafe where I actually turn my house into a business location please contact me asap because...the time is now! I can not float on empty much longer. I do plan to go for a third season and develop my house into the market store and operate my baking/cafe once I secure funding and renovations are complete. I am going to talk to a private business lending firm this week and see if there is any help there but thought I would toss it out there to anyone here who might want to get involved in something new.

SHOW AND PROVE

That's the game I'm playing. I have 2 years of books for my market and and my cafe/wood craft business. I would really love to work with someone who has a positive vision of the future and a few bucks to make it happen. I have developed an entire network of market vendors and set the stage for growth of a little farmers market into a solid marketplace that will lead the way into the new economy. I am well aware of the importance of what we have here but in reality this thing can not fly if it can not float. It has been a very long road that few have traveled but I have made it this far...why stop now?

So...who wants to do some business with the jester? Let me put it this way... COME ON!!! We can work with government issued cash or gold or whatever With funding I might even be able to get the hyper slush time freeze machine fixed! lol

Anyway... I'm off to a market managers class put on by a local food organization tomorrow www.foodlinkgreybruce.com

forward motion in a positive direction - Peace JT

Last edited by JesterTerrestrial; 11-02-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #41
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Jester -

I don't have any money to invest (either)

BUT - if I did, or was closer, I'd buy your strawberries. I LOVE your taste, I LOVE your posters - there might be something there for a store? graphic art? - I LOVE your energy!! I LOVE the music you post.

So, I don't know how yet, but I am thinking .....

... GALACTIC EXPANSION!! (too) ... into the aether....

I also LOVE your how to love thread!!

who knows....
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:47 AM   #42
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTerrestrial View Post
OK here is one thing I have done to help build a Radiant Zone.

I started a farmers market in my town and just got asked to start another one next year! So I figure I started 1 last year...I might as well start 2 next year for a total of 3. I got a laser! Its cool.

Booth Fees Only 10 bucks...until money collapses then i dunno what happens...we'll figure something out...gold...silver...barter perhaps

The goal has always been to become Canada's First Galactic Market so we can build Universal Connections!

Come on people...keep it together. Don't forget its the Golden Age.

I've been up all night every Friday baking Galactic Cinnamon Bread all summer just to make this happen and I Love it.

www.HolsteinFarmersMarket.ca
Friendly Visitors & Vendors of all Nations & Planets Welcome!
Michael Toldnes - The JesterTerrestrial Himself

Folks, I have met this fella in person and he is awesome!!! Such an upscale being and very capable coupled with common sense and idealism. Don't underestimate this fella!

You can't go wrong hooking up with him and creating some great co-survival.

I just spent two hours trying to help my hubby get the big picture and even though I'm usually a cool person it was quite frustrating, but he is coming along and we are forming a collective vision of how we can actually spiritually profit from anything this current geo/political/economic scene is going to dish out.

This fella already has it all figured out and he needs some more very upbeat and wise people to work with him, which I am sure he is already attracting. Definitely fits my definition of what a true leader should be.

blessings,
Gnosis
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:06 AM   #43
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

I am starting to think more artsy craftsy and am pretty good with my hands and I wonder what direction I should go in. What are people looking for most at farmer's markets, especially the one's you set up?

Quote:
Lets do it! I got all kinds of information on how to start a market.

That is interesting that you are thinking so big but I guess you have to in order to go galactic.

There are already several networks in place that are great resources to work with. Farmers Markets Ontario is one of the biggest ones. We are a member.

Building a virtual network would be a very good thing. I am working on some new plans for the website. Once it started this spring I have been running in circles and then my laptop died. I plan to launch it next year with some advanced ways of vendors and customers to connect. I would love to tie this into Avalon somehow and help others get a market started in their town.

Markets are the way of the future...AGAIN.

In the 1980's there was something like 50 markets in Ontario and now there is well over 120 plus handfuls of other private markets and farm gate sales. Its a struggle. There are lots of rules from the government. Some of them are there for good reasons because health and safety are important. You dont want people getting sick. I have a DVD with info about it. Basic stuff. Wash your hands and dishes and tables.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:24 AM   #44
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
Hi Jester -

I don't have any money to invest (either)

BUT - if I did, or was closer, I'd buy your strawberries. I LOVE your taste, I LOVE your posters - there might be something there for a store? graphic art? - I LOVE your energy!! I LOVE the music you post.

So, I don't know how yet, but I am thinking .....

... GALACTIC EXPANSION!! (too) ... into the aether....

I also LOVE your how to love thread!!

who knows....
Yeah...this whole going galactic thing is kinda wild sometimes when your in the veggi market you gotta keep it fresh!

Heres a couple pictures of my own secret garden

Strawberry!!!

My Strawberry Garden!!! They have grown even bigger!!! Their Everywhere!!! Its a conspiracy!!!

Some of my Tomatoes!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:39 AM   #45
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
I am starting to think more artsy craftsy and am pretty good with my hands and I wonder what direction I should go in. What are people looking for most at farmer's markets, especially the one's you set up?
Well thank you for the kind words It was quite a very energetic time when we met. My head it still spinning from that get together! I would not say I have it all figured out...just kinda wingin it!

Well I have mainly focused on my original market. I spoke to my township about a second market but for some strange reason the govenment dose not seem to want to jump up and down to help me on my mission that I am here on earth to do I have spoken to another market director in my area and gave them some great advice on running their market and I heard that it was a good year for them. It has turned out to be a large amount of work to run my market. We should do what we do best and do it...best. So I am focusing on my little market and aiming big... some say I got my head in the clouds but the truth is my eyes are in the stars!

All kinds of crafts seem to do well. People are looking for the vegetables of course but other things do well, honey, maple syrup, baking and other food items. As far as crafts go...its hard to say...knitted items hats scarves mitts, jewelery, bird houses, paintings, pottery, the universe really is the no limit. Finding something that is funky and functional seems to be the trick! Sometimes you need to do a few different things to keep enough variety. That's another important thing...variety...gotta keep it fresh! When you have a small market place it can start to get "old" fast...coming up with something new each week is a challenge and exciting...at least that what I keep telling myself. The most important thing I can think of...is have fun! Peace JT
Old 11-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #46
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah...this whole going galactic thing is kinda wild sometimes when your in the veggi market you gotta keep it fresh!

Heres a couple pictures of my own secret garden

Strawberry!!!

My Strawberry Garden!!! They have grown even bigger!!! Their Everywhere!!! Its a conspiracy!!!

Some of my Tomatoes!!!
Wow! A lot of cow manure must have gone into that great looking garden! Do you also use straw as mulch?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #47
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hey...check out my car...we built a fuel cell in my buddy's living room. HA

we are still testing this. Fuel cell is working. Could be developed into many products. Making the car computer work with it is another issue. So far the test have not produced an increase in millage but there are a couple more mods to do that need to be tested such as the MAP sensor and O2 extenders. Since this video was made I have added check valves that split the brown gas (HHO) between the throttle and the vacuum I have not put it on a flow meter because I don't have one and need to build one

Get some water. Stick some electricity in it. Whada Ya get?
HHO okay?!

HHOOKA!st - The Water Bong For Your Car!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vvrSlYSd6c

These are the type of things I want to sell at the markets...and more...I'm just getting warmed up. I am trying to fund these projects (and some other bigger ones TBA by baking galactic cinnamon bread. Its a half baked idea if u ever heard one but im givin it all I got. I'm just planning my big Harvest Party for the market...might even be free vendors fees as we have most of the overhead bill paid off.

Northboy, Phtha, draconine, Gale
Thanks for your replies. I hope we can get something organized and build a team of people who will help lead the way. Were gonna make it. I just know it. The hardest part is getting people to come to the market. Even 10-20 more customers makes a major difference in supporting the market. Our first goal or basic building frame was 6 vendors - 100 customers who spend $10 each. This was the goal to start building a micro economy. We have just about doubled that on our first year!

Yeah rebuild the areobine it if you want. Its a fairly simple design. I still need to get the generator developed. I was thinking about a homopolar design. I started testing with a 3 phase PM design but need to build a larger scale one...this fall. I made it in my head and then it manifested.

I lived right in the heart Peterborough for 3 years. I miss the grilled cheese at the only cafe (its not the only cafe, just what its called). I went to Trent University for some computer science but as much as I'm not corporate material I'm not university material either. I learned everything I need on the first class from one "crazy" professor...it goes like this.

WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN WHY HOW.
I don't believe anything until I know everything all at once right now.

JT
MARKET MARKET MARKET
As soon as you said "free" for the vendors that just did not seem right to me because $10 is as close to free as anyone can expect and YOU need to pay yourself somehow for your coordination efforts and even though you might get other things from the vendors in return for your contribution towards them, one still needs cash to pay things like electric bills. Just my two cents here.

blessings
gnosis
Old 11-11-2009, 05:05 AM   #48
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Wow! A lot of cow manure must have gone into that great looking garden! Do you also use straw as mulch?

As soon as you said "free" for the vendors that just did not seem right to me because $10 is as close to free as anyone can expect and YOU need to pay yourself somehow for your coordination efforts and even though you might get other things from the vendors in return for your contribution towards them, one still needs cash to pay things like electric bills. Just my two cents here.

blessings
gnosis
hi gnosis,

thanks for the links in the PM you sent me

I did not use any manure. Just seeds and water and sun. I did end up with a blight to the tomatoes a few weeks after this picture. Most other things did well. Im not sure if it was all the chemtrails that were sprayed on us that caused the weather to be cool and damp or the galactic equator or el nino or what but right when they needed the heat the most they did not get it. Ah well I'll just try harder next year.

Yes vendor fees are still collected. It was just the last two weeks were free. I am registering my market as a private business in order to be able to get some funding to move ahead. I had considered registering as non-profit if there was at least enough funding to pay some small salaries but after two years of personally funding the entire venture there has been no benefit to this so I will run it private and I am currently seeking some investors to help me take this to the next level and turn it into the awesome galactic market I know it will be. I had a dream about this market when I was about 13 years old and I have since discovered that it was a future vision of my market.

Anyway I did get one phone call because of this post on avalon from a very nice person who has some great ideas and I am sure we will talk again! Keep it fresh avalon! Lots of work to do even in the winter!

JT
Old 11-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #49
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

I think you are one of the coolest people on this forum! So upbeat all the time, where does that come from?

I want to ask your opinion, since I have some manual skills at making various things, what would you say are things that visitors to the markets appreciate the most? Is it food items, or is it craft items. What are the "best sellers" that you have observed?

Thank you,
Colleen
Old 11-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #50
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I think you are one of the coolest people on this forum! So upbeat all the time, where does that come from?

I want to ask your opinion, since I have some manual skills at making various things, what would you say are things that visitors to the markets appreciate the most? Is it food items, or is it craft items. What are the "best sellers" that you have observed?

Thank you,
Colleen
Well food needs to be the priority. People need to eat. Even when evil money based economy's crash and burn like towers loaded with explosives.

Anyway...FOOD. A market should be based around local food production and small artisan and local business. They are both equally important really but the food is a little more equally important because its really the base of a farmers market. so 2 + 2 = 5 for very large amounts of 2.

That said. Its all about balance.

Things that sell Vegetables especially local organic/all natural, all kinds of baking, specialty food items, jams, honey, maple syrup, and so on...

Crafts can do well too but tend to sell less frequently as food...I mean you can only buy so many "things" but most people eat every day or two. But that said if a crafter works hard and makes enough variety they can do lots of things to trade for other services and items.

There is lots of bartering going on all the time between customers and vendors. Everyone has something to offer...even the customers! If you have a functional skill you just need to put it into action with what you have got and go for it. Leap before you look and learn to fly so you never hit rock bottom.

Outer Space!!! I think that's where it comes from!

~ ~ M E G A C R E A T I V I T Y ~ ~

Peace jt