Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Banker Manipulation Of Gold And Silver Prices Further Exposed

http://www.prisonplanet.com/banker-m...r-exposed.html

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Tuesday, Nov 18, 2008

Commodities experts are in agreement that the price of gold and silver is being manipulated by bankers and government officials in order to halt a mass abandonment of paper currencies and the debt based economy.

The New York Post today carries a column by John Crudele declaring that there is a global run on gold coins and that demand is not being met by government mints.

“The price that the government charges coin dealers has recently been increased by as much as 10 percent for a 10-ounce coin.” Crudele comments, also pointing out that gold purchases that were easily filled immediately six months ago are now subject to two week waiting periods.

“There’s another more puzzling aspect to the recent gold rush.” Crudele writes, referring to the fact that the market price of gold is declining, despite the increase in demand.

Crudele quotes Bill Murphy, chairman of the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee who states:

“Gold should be moving up… How could there be such a dichotomy between the historic high premium for coins all over the world and the low Comex price?”

Figures released by the Labor Department today show that prices of gold and silver tumbled in October by the most on record, with the gold price heading for its first annual decline in eight years.

Gold futures for December delivery declined $7.20, or 1 percent, to $734.80 an ounce at 9:33 a.m. on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. Silver futures for December delivery dropped 4.5 cents, or 0.5 percent, to $9.285 an ounce.

Reports are attributing this to a dampening of inflation concerns, however Bill Murphy maintains that “the US government and the banks that hold bullion are intentionally keeping the price down.”

cont.on link above.

Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
argonacon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Banker Manipulation Of Gold And Silver Prices Further Exposed

yeah, this has been going on forever, commodity prices being manipulated, just like any currency. However, with gold and silver particularly, they have been being HEAVILY mainpulated since the introduction of the globex system back in...what was it? last march or april?

the thing is, they arent really succeeding very well at the manipulation. they ARE keeping prices down, but, as an example, look at this:

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

thats the page for the supposed spot price of silver.
apparently, silver is currently trading at 9 dollars and 31 cents a troy ounce. but how can that be when you look at this ebay auction here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NR-10-TROY-OZ-JO...1%7C240%3A1318

what do you see? at the time of the writing of this response, there was almost two hours to go on the auction, and the price of the auction was at $162.51 for 10 troy ounces of silver. now, i can tell you from the dealings and discussions I have had with my silver dealer, that bullion is priced higher than junk silver, old silver coins, or memoribila or whathaveyou, because the premium is higher on the bullion. be that johnson mayhey bullion bars, gold eagles, etc. there is greater demand for easily recognisable silver.

But lets look at the breakdown...

Silver is supposed to be selling at $9.31 an ounce. however, silver is selling at somewhere around $16.25 in reality. That is a $7 price difference. Thats almost double!

I saw silver go as high as somewhere around $23.50 before they introduced the new globex electronic system secretely overnight one day last spring, and then saw the price tumble. but heres the funny thing: THAT was also the spot price at the time. silver was still selling at the shop i went to at around $25-26 an ounce. for junk silver!

So, itd be pretty hard to say where silver would be at now if it were left to its own devices. I would be inclined to believe that it would be past $100 an ounce, because of all the recent financial turmoil...maybe higher! last january, it was at $14 an ounce, when i started buying. by march it was up at $23! and back then, there wasnt any doom and gloom or talk of a recession in the mainstream media.

you see, the fixing of the price of silver and gold are for several reasons: one reason is that tptb want to desuade us from investing or holding either as an alternative to paper money(physically or in the bank). secondly, they want to keep the price low so they can buy for cheaper. thirdly, they dont want a run on prices to mess with industry that uses silver and gold to produce electronics and goods for commercial and military uses. but the biggest reason they dont want to see a run on silver and gold is because that would create a massive panic, and youd probably see the economy crash very quickly, by people trying to sell their assets to buy silver and gold. youd see people de-investing in paper money. the value of currency will devaluate. ALL commodities will skyrocket. especially the metals and things like dried legumes, diesel, and rice.

the thing is, tptb, contradictory to popular belief, DONT want the economy to crash. at least not yet. it should have crash eons ago but theyve been keeping it afloat because they are simply not ready for that event yet. and youll see, even if the imf devaluates world currencies, and you see more food riots in the third world, and barack introduces his youth security force, and the mandatory training that rahmo is talking about, and all that, you will not see a full on economic crash for another year or two at least.

what they are banking on is a drawn out recession, time to train the youth to turn against their parents like orwells 1984 predicted, and smaller MANAGEABLE crisises. they dont want a full on economic crash. and yes, holding silver and gold will become illegal again. but that probably wont be until you see massive crisis, economic crash, war, or whatever, that will bring along the north american union. which is coming. but they need massive crisis for that. the language in the public isnt anywhere near that stage yet.

but anyway, thats my two cents. or rather, two ounces. there is alot of really interesting material out there about the fixing of gold and silver and more importantly WHY. and this is all just a bit of a hypothesis by me, so, you know, take it as you will. who knows, maybe everything will happen sooner.

if i were you, silver and gold is a great place to invest in right now. you might see another big hit to those commodities in their SPOT PRICE, in the next few months or year or so, to try and push another big sell off before they let the prices go much higher, but they will get much higher than where they are at, especially in the real markets.
argonacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
Powerinourhandsl
Avalon Senior Member

Its almost the end of the month, will the comex be able to deliver? I hear that there is a great posibility that a few nations are going to ask for delivery..I suppose we will know Monday
Powerinourhandsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
Powerinourhandsl
Avalon Senior Member

Down to 774 dollars today ,so can we take it that the story about demanding delivery this month was wrong?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #5
argonacon
Avalon Senior Member

ebay auction

thats an auction ending in 30 minutes. first one i found. there are ones where the silver is going for more right now. guaranteed.

1 oz silver currently going for $13 usd. plus $4 usd shipping. that's $17 usd for one ounce.

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

silver, according to kitco should be selling at $9.30 usd.

there is a $7.70 usd price difference.

the price on kitco is not the real value of physical silver or gold. it's a false paper gold/silver that doesnt exsist. it's simply the idea that it exsists. just like usd from the fed. they print it out of thin air and the only reason it has value is because we all agree it has value. without any physical backing. the idea that it has value.

are you following me?

this is the same thing i talked about in my last post. you should stop simply listening to all these pundits and doomsayers and actually go out and look at what the facts are.

if the demand for silver and gold are going through the roof, and coin shops and bullion dealers cant even hold onto the stuff, then how is the price going down?

simple: the price is being fixed internationally. just like oil or pretty much any commodity these days.

when the value of the dollar dips, then of course commodities will too.

read my last post and you will be less confused.
argonacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
Powerinourhandsl
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Argonacon, I´m not confused as such as i too have been buying silver as its more accessable for me LOL. The posts abve were more about the rumors about last month and that the Comex would default on gold delivery this month.

The easiest way for me to buy silver is via ebay, and as you say the prices are way over the paper rates, but i cannot really see anyone loosing money by investing in silver for the mid term. besides i love little 10 ounce bars..
Old 12-12-2008, 12:22 AM   #7
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

So true! And for anyone wanting to do more research on this i definitely suggest reading posts at www.marketoracle.co.uk

And metals are not the only thing being manipulated. Same with Oil too.
Is it any coincidence that a Peter Sutherland is on the Board of the oil giant B.P. and Goldman Sachs International at the same time? And i think it was a Bloomberg article that accused both Goldman sachs and Morgan Stanely earlier on in 2008 (when oil was in the high $140's per barrel) of manipulating oil pricing thru the I.C.E. (International Commodities Exchange).

Peter Sutherland also happens to be one of the Committee members of the infamous Bilderbergers group.
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:18 AM   #8
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

I also came across this excellent article too:

entitled "U.S. Government Sanctioned Gold Price Manipulation" on the The Market Oracle website which is excellent for financial news as to what is really going on!

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article8014.html

Cheers
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

In the emerging new economy:

Gold and Silver Yes, “Amero” No!

By: Alex Panameno

Friday, November 28, 2008

(Editor’s note: Don’t let the government trick you out of understanding the true value of gold and silver in the coming era of economic survival)..

What’s really going on with gold and silver?

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/6581

Last edited by peaceandlove; 01-17-2009 at 08:41 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote