Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:56 AM   #1
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Cool 25 Rules of Disinformation

This is a quick lesson on how to spot any disinformation , They are as follows;

1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil
2. Become incredulous and indignant
3. Create rumor mongers
4. Use a straw man
5. Sidetrack opponents w name calling, ridicule
6. Hit and Run
7. Question motives
8. Invoke authority
9. Play Dumb
10. Associate opponent charges with old news
11. Establish and rely upon fall-back positions
12. Enigmas have no solution
13. Alice in Wonderland Logic
14. Demand complete solutions
15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions
16. Vanish evidence and witnesses
17. Change the subject
18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad
19. Ignore facts, demand impossible proofs
20. False evidence
21. Call a Grand Jury, Special Prosecutor
22. Manufacture a new truth
23. Create bigger distractions
24. Silence critics
25. Vanish

If you really want to learn more about each individual rule, please visit this site, it has lots of info, Or is it "disinfo" any way you decide.

http://www.proparanoid.net/truth.htm

Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 25 Rules of Disinformation

This is very welcome. Thank you for this useful teaching. I red the article and I conclude that many of us need to read it, since we live in a highly manipulated mental environment, tools of discernment are always useful.

You know the little trick to make a stubborn donkey to go where you want. The famous use of the carrot. Well, it is simple and funny. But it is less funny when you wake up one day realizing we are all stubborn donkeys with a carrot that keep us walking the same path.

Now, here are the meaningful questions. What is your carrot? Who provides it to you? Where are you heading while you look at the carrot?

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
henners

Good Questions Steven, my carrot is the truth. It keeps me searching for it. Opening new doors, asking questions leading me forward. Will i find it ? who knows but it keeps the grey matter ticking over and interested. I find that while i have an interest that is difficult to achieve, my yearning to find the truth intensifies the search.

Does that answer your questions?

Now, what is your carrot?
Old 12-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #4
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi henners,

Mine too. But as we know only too well, the truth is very hard to find and we need to really apply ourselves to find it. I always say that the truth is sublime, pure and absolute. There is only one. It's like mathematics. 2 + 2 will always be 4.

The problem is when we meet charlatans who, for wahtever reason, get a kick out of trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

The carrot in this case for the beleivers is 'facility'. It's far easier to beleive something because somebody said it's the truth, than to question and to find out. We need look no further than the church. I'm not against religion, on the contrary. However, how many people ae studied theology to arrive at their conclusions that God is great? Hardly any. how many people listen to the Priest in the pulpit for their information? Almost everybody.

There starts the controversy, and I see this controversy growing as we as people develop and grow, even over the last twenty years. If the Priest is right, then the Rabbi must be not. Right? I think that is why people are starting to nurture their own brand of religion.... but anyway I digress.

Back to the disinformers. So the people find it easier to accept words, than to do research. I think that is a given. It only takes a few tit-bits of real genuine information to be accepted, to open the floodgates of inventions, theories, lies, half truths etc. which if are maintained eventually get caught up in the 'legend' and are eventually accepted as the sublime (truth).

We need to be patient, we need to use logic and above all we need to search and even when we are satisfied with the answer, we need to question that answer to see if that answer is absolute.

All the talking about carrots has given me the urge to eat salad today.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners View Post
Good Questions Steven, my carrot is the truth. It keeps me searching for it. Opening new doors, asking questions leading me forward. Will i find it ? who knows but it keeps the grey matter ticking over and interested. I find that while i have an interest that is difficult to achieve, my yearning to find the truth intensifies the search.

Does that answer your questions?

Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

Everyone is looking for Truth/Freedom/Happiness on some level, but most people have no idea where to start, so they let the conditioning from society provide the carrot (and the whip) for them. They lull themselves into believing that happiness comes through material things/career/partner etc. and this becomes their carrot throughout a whole life. They never really face their mortality as that would strip away this delusion pretty quick (as so many of them experience when old age closes in on them, but then it is often too late because they are so stuck in their pattern/habits).

Other peoples carrot is "knowledge" (or mind content). They search for Truth in books/scriptures/lectures/university/studies etc etc. until the mind is so full that they are more confused than when they started out. Suicide or depression is not uncommon in the extreme cases of this "syndrome". I see many professors in the university that is trapped in this threadmill. Especially in the philosophy/literature/art department where I study. I have been trapped in this myself also, before I discovered meditation.

Literature/art/philosophy of high level of vibration/truth can induce small glimpses of clarity and take you into the eternal Presence for a breif moment (just like the zen koans are designed to do). This aesthetic/ecstatic experience is almost like a drug. It conditions people to believe that the Truth (which created the "feeling" of beauty/freedom) is in the material (drug), and not in themselves. This is also the trip/trap of the artist as he/she have the same "feeling of oceanic Oneness (inspiration)" while creating, as the art can induce in receptive people in short glimpses once it is created. But he/she cannot control this feeling as it comes and goes on it's own accord. Often the creative genious escape into alchohol/drugs to seek for this experience when it is not there...

The path of meditation is different. It's independent of any outside content/"knowledge". In many ways it is an effort to go beyond all content/beliefs/"knowledge". I used to be a developing poet, but at some point I realized that hey! the feeling of Oneness/Beauty I get when I write can be experienced for prolonged periods of time if I simply sit and do nothing at all, and allow my mind to calm down. It would still "come and go" on it's own accord, but at least it lasted longer and I felt that I could trust it more now that the pressure to "produce" anything from it was gone. After a while of meditation I lost all interest in writing poetry as I understood that it was not my "path", but rather a bridge to get me onto my path - the pathless path of meditation.

The mystics of the world has always said that the Truth is already within everyone of us. It is not dependent on any content/knowledge of the mind. In fact, this mind and it's content is blocking Truth like the clouds block the eternal empty sky. In meditation you pay attention inwards and thus you will sometimes experience a clear and empty sky (if you are "lucky" and persistant that is). This empty sky is the Ultimate Context which includes all things. Climbing up the ladder of Consciousness is about cleaning out the content and dis-cover more and more of the Ultimate Context which has been there all along. This Ultimate Context (Love) which runs through all things is "the Truth" everyone is really searching for. The more you have "realized" of this Context in yourself, the more all other things - all knowledge/content of the mind - will fall into their right place.

It's good to question everything outside, but even better to question everything that is already indoctrinated inside. A glimpse of the Ultimate Context is more valuable than all the content in the world combined. Without such a glimpse it is very hard to know which direction to move in. Most people are moving in circles on the surface and gather only misery and content. The Context wants to be dis-covered, but it can only meet people "halfway". It's all a big washing machine and we should perhaps aim to be the sock that disappears in the process...

Last edited by Sanat; 12-24-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

"It's good to question everything outside, but even better to question everything that is already indoctrinated inside. A glimpse of the Ultimate Context is more valuable than all the content in the world combined. Without such a glimpse it is very hard to know which direction to move in. Most people are moving in circles on the surface and gather only misery and content. The Context wants to be dis-covered, but it can only meet people "halfway". It's all a big washing machine and we should perhaps aim to be the sock that disappears in the in process..."

I wished I said that...

Ah, Ok, now I know where all those socks went.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
henners

WOW, Steve.A, And Sanat, great replies. Your responses resonate with me. Its good to start a thread and have some very intelligent responses to add to it. Thank you.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=henners;97555]This is a quick lesson on how to spot any disinformation , They are as follows;

12. Enigmas have no solution
13. Alice in Wonderland Logic
15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions
19. Ignore facts, demand impossible proofs
20. False evidence
22. Manufacture a new truth
23. Create bigger distractions

Many many fits in those categories.

Like David Wilcock's RA contactee case.

Or Wingmakers scam.

Saddly.
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #9
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

I wished I said that...

Ah, Ok, now I know where all those socks went.
Hehe. Yes, the great mystery is finally solved! Be happy for all those socks that disappeared in your time. They became "Self-Realized" and Free.
"Don't you see" they whisper to us in our sleep, "you have to disappear to be found"...
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #10
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners View Post
...Does that answer your questions?

Yes, it did my friend. Now to answer yours. My carrot was, for many years, sports, specifically martial arts. I practiced Brasilian Jiu-Jitsu, kung Fu and Shintaido for many years. Then one day I changed. I was not able to train any form of violence anymore. I still practice a form of martial art, but without the violent component. I was touched by our Creator who intervened in my life. I can tell, I was heading into a very complicated path. He just sparked my inner flame and I was receptive to it.

I was very deep into martial arts. From 16 to 29 years old, I was in formidable shape. I won some tournaments and practice some meditation techniques to use the Ki. But at the same time, deep into myself, I was not comfortable with the violent component omnipresent in martial art. Also, I was not comfortable with the over pride and cult of the champion. Then, I simply listened to my inner feelings and let this world for the better of myself and my family.

Today, my carrots are Freedom and Integrity. I am much more aware of where I am heading since I know the source who provides the carrots. But I can easily remember days when I was not that aware and the system had me completely hijacked. Hehe.

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 12-25-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote