Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Conspiracy Research

Notices

Old 08-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Default New Moon images show Apollo landing sites

I found an interesting site that is relatively new.
http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/
Is the site for the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera.
Quote:
The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera (LROC) is designed to address two of the prime LRO measurement requirements: 1) Assess meter scale features to facilitate selection of future landing sites on the Moon. 2) Acquire images of the poles every orbit to characterize the polar illumination environment (100 meter scale), identifying regions of permanent shadow and permanent or near-permanent illumination over a full lunar year. In addition to these two main objectives, the LROC team plans to conduct meter-scale mapping of polar regions, 3-dimensional observations to enable derivation of meter-scale surface features, global multi-spectral imaging, and produce a global landform map. LROC images will also be used to map and determine current impact hazards by re-photographing Apollo images.
Using Google Moon to help me locate the precise spots, these new high res images show the landing sites and some other areas of interest. I dont have alot of time today to dig deeper but using a screen capture and editor i managed to come up with 2 interesting photos below.

Apollo 11 Landing Site

from http://wms.lroc.asu.edu/lroc_browse/view/nacr00000ada
(cropped and lightened)

Apollo 17 Landing Site

from http://wms.lroc.asu.edu/lroc_browse/view/nacr00000d11
(cropped and lightened)

I hope a fellow Avalonian can pick this up and run with it. I managed to put these togather in an hour at work but I need to get back to the actual job im paid for
I will be looking at dark side images later tonite or tomorrow and will post anything of interest.

Namaste

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Reader
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: New Moon images show Apollo landing sites

The first picture, with the elongated shadow I've seen before.

I think it was on The Best Real UFOs website and they were saying that based upon the length of the shadow, the "tower" would be approximately 2 miles high!
Thanks for the lunar website
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apollo, landing, lunar, moon