Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 07:55 AM   #26
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Tips for healthy weight loss?

I watched a movie last night on CMN by Raymond Francis which is now November 1st is in the archieve section I think)... 52 minutes worth watching.

He talks about health and also weight loss. Well worth a watch he says health is easy to heal including weight loss...

He actually mentions he has a book on treating this weigh loss. I'm now near my ideal weight due to effectively doing what he mentions.

toxicity and malnutrition are his two themes well worth a watch.

Another good one is Dr. Becky Natrajan in October 2006, also free to watch...

I'm a member so my links won't work so just go here and view free archieves

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com

Ok I'm off to the Yoga Show 2008 in London at Olympia

Last edited by Connecting with Sauce; 11-01-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #27
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

Two words: COCONUT OIL

It normalizes human metabolism. Many people have thyroid & metabolism problems. Take one tablespoon raw organic coconut oil per day. Then take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil per day. If your body is weak this might cause loose stools at first.

While exercise is a great thing, gets your chi moving, it is very easy to lose weight without a physical workout. You are already drinking a green shake every other day or more right? Like Emerald Balance or Rejuvenate?

Coconut oil will help your metabolism if eaten raw. It is also a wise replacement for vegetable cooking oils. It is suitable for high heat cooking as it will not hydrogenate at 350 ~ 400 degrees fahrenheit. It is good even for stir fry which traditionally requires a high flame.

My favorite coco oil is from Tropical Traditions [googleable]. Grown on volcanic soil in the Philippines, Mt. Banahaw. It has many uses but normalizing metabolism is it's most noticeable effect.

The only other oil i like is olive oil, but that only works raw or at low sauté heat. Grapeseed oil is in my kitchen too, but i digress. If you want to lose weight eat raw coconut oil. Mmmmmm, medium chain fatty acids!

best wishes to all those self healing
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:31 AM   #28
lilac
Avalon Senior Member

Right Side (pun accidental), that's what I was going to say! Coconut oil is amazing and a must for aging bodies. I like to spread it on Rye crisps and add avocado slices, a little feta, maybe some tomato. I used to be hypothyroid, overweight and tired all the time. With coconut oil I dropped the meds, dropped 10 lbs. and gained substantial energy. Quitting coffee helped everything too. Added bonus tip: brushing your teeth with cocnut oil leaves them white and glistening!!!
lilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #29
Carrie Todd
Avalon Senior Member

Does cocnut oil need to be refridgerated?
Carrie Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #30
lilac
Avalon Senior Member

Does cocnut oil need to be refridgerated?

Carrie, here's a link for FAQ on Coconut oil... and no, it's very stable and has a shelf life of several months. A friend recently shared with me that she did a mouth/dental cleanse by swishing a mouthful of good quality oil, like coconut, sunflower or grapeseed for 20 minutes. You must be very careful not to swallow. It pulls toxins out of the teeth and gums. The oil will turn milky color. You'll need to scrub the sink when you spit it out. http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/faq.htm#4
lilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:26 AM   #31
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

there used to be a website called
www.oilpulling.com or www.oilpulling.ca

it does work --
organic coconut is amazing/and, it is worth it, to pay a good dollar, for a good quality one -- you can
utilise it, for almost everything
& it is good to fry in, make salad dressings, etc.,
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:35 AM   #32
Mikill
Project Avalon Member

SeaVegg=Weight gone
Mikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #33
Carrie Todd
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the link, lilac. The options of using it as a spread and cooking with it sound good. In the past, I've tried to take it straight and had trouble not gagging. (Low tolerance to oil. lol)
Carrie Todd is offline   Reply With Quote