Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 12-04-2008, 05:23 AM   #51
Sol Invictus
Banned

Default Re: Bug-Out Bags (Survival Backpacks)

Just amazing. Got one after a field demo from a guy out in the Cairngorms - it was really bad weather and he was building a big fire. Trees went down like skittles.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:59 AM   #52
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

divers call lobster, bugs. this is my bug bag.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:28 AM   #53
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
As for the rest of your 'ideas' placing some thing up the posterior risks a blockage, and can lead to death in days.

it should only be temporary ..lighter and knife should form one long "stick" not a wide pack (ooouch) like with a tampon use some fishing line dangling out go for the knife if both is too much..

the fishing line should be attached to that little key holder hole of the knife...the rest is "up to yours" fantasy...anyhow most probably such a stunt might not be necessary due to lack of time before one gets caught...better even to "never get there (caught)"..

Last edited by capreycorn; 12-04-2008 at 08:02 AM.
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #54
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagon View Post

"that`s pretty close to your family`s treasure!..don`t these crabs try to snap at it?"

such a net / bag is a great thing to have as well...
Old 12-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #55
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

what comes in no bug out bag ..is your mind.. mental preparedness is as some have stated before absolutely vital.

the choice of things to pack may vary from one individual to the other (not everybody needs the same things..some can go without a fire for quite a while, others don`t) it all also depends on where one lives..(island,mountain,desert,city...) the things easyest to get hold of in the bag or fishing vest should be the ones first needed...in a city it may be the gun in the mountains a oxygen bottle, ropes and climbing gear...

..any given list of items to have in a bugout bag is good to get an idea of preparedness..it`s a good shopping list/memory aid...
but everyone must make his own choice.
just for example: some would say that the tool below is great! while i would avoid it and only use it if there`s not even a good knife around..(it`s just a personal thing)

another thing is that one may want to prepare a second bug out backpack or even a third and fourth little bug out bag just to have separate elements ready, in case they are needed..like a chemical warfare suit and mask is in my "5th bag" ..doesn`t mean that i`ll take it if there`s surely no need for it..

the second back pack could also contain things that seem more luxury than necessity.. or it could be just the same thing as the first bag for plain redundancy (for the spouse..or newly met partner in trouble "together" - it could be your neighbor...because sometimes together is better) since a backpack can also be carried in the front ...you could carry one front and one back...until it gets too much or you`ve met your "companion"...

Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #56
davefla73
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

OH WOW, you got the worst case of parsites, in you nuts iv ever seen lol JK
davefla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:24 AM   #57
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capreycorn View Post
"that`s pretty close to your family`s treasure!..don`t these crabs try to snap at it?"

such a net / bag is a great thing to have as well...

california spiny lobster don't have claws. but that do have a lot of horns and spines. the nice thing about wild game is there are no hormones and such. a cleaner way to eat. better for the environment. and its a gas to go get them. its the closest thing you can get to leaving the planet. the great escape. I recommend it highly. when Im not bug hunting Im spear fishing and free diving for abalone. no real need to stock pile food. unless the water get poisoned

[/IMG]

Last edited by dagon; 12-05-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:28 AM   #58
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

a closer look at the california lobster.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:43 AM   #59
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post

Just amazing. Got one after a field demo from a guy out in the Cairngorms - it was really bad weather and he was building a big fire. Trees went down like skittles.

where can I find one of these? should be able to make one.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:18 AM   #60
Sol Invictus
Banned

I got mine from ebay.

Just used survival saw as a search parameter. They are awesome for large branches off pine trees - just lob it up over, grab either end, move to one side and its down in less effort than it takes to go climb the tree with a normal saw.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #61
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
california spiny lobster don't have claws. but that do have a lot of horns and spines. the nice thing about wild game is there are no hormones and such. a cleaner way to eat. better for the environment. and its a gas to go get them. its the closest thing you can get to leaving the planet. the great escape. I recommend it highly. when Im not bug hunting Im spear fishing and free diving for abalone. no real need to stock pile food. unless the water get poisoned

wow these lobsters are big!

seeing those california spiny lobsters, I
almost had to guess who catched who..