Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Healing

Notices

Healing Spiritual and Alternative Healing

Old 01-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #351
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Power of Ayahausca

HEALING POWERS OF AYAHUASCA

Description: This short film explores the powerful healing aspects of Ayahuasca -​ the sacred spirit medicine found throughout the Amazonian basin of South America. Ayahuasca has been used by indigenous shamans for thousands of years to heal everything from depression to cancer to chemical addictions. After premiering at the Elevate Film Festival in LA, De Vine makes its television debut on Current TV. Directed by Ciela Wynter and Chris Brickler.

GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #352
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Entheogen: Awakening the Divine Within (NEW Trailer)
Entheogen: Awakening the Divine Within is a feature length documentary which invites the viewer to rediscover an enchanted cosmos in the modern world by awakening to the divine within.

The film examines the re-emergence of archaic techniques of ecstacy in the modern world by weaving a synthesis of ecological and evolutionary awareness,electronic dance culture, and the current pharmacological re-evaluation of entheogenic compounds. Within a narrative framework that imagines consciousness itself to be evolving, Entheogen documents the emergence of techno-shamanism in the post-modern world that frames the following questions: How can a renewal of ancient initiatory rites of passage alleviate our ecological crisis? What do trance dancing and festivals celebrating unbridled artistic expression speak to in our collective psyche? How do we re-invent ourselves in a disenchanted world from which God has long ago withdrawn? Entheogen invites the viewer to consider that the answers to these questions lie within the consciousness of each and every human being, and are accessible if only we give ourselves permission to awaken to the divine within.

Stan Grof, Marilyn Schlitz, Ralph Metzner, Alex Grey, Terrence McKenna, John Markoff, Daniel Pinchbeck, and Kat Harrison among others, postulate how the disenchantment of the modern world may be remedied by summoning the courage to take the next leap in the evolution of planetary consciousness.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #353
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #354
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: The Power of Ayahausca

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT View Post
HEALING POWERS OF AYAHUASCA

Description: This short film explores the powerful healing aspects of Ayahuasca -​ the sacred spirit medicine found throughout the Amazonian basin of South America. Ayahuasca has been used by indigenous shamans for thousands of years to heal everything from depression to cancer to chemical addictions. After premiering at the Elevate Film Festival in LA, De Vine makes its television debut on Current TV. Directed by Ciela Wynter and Chris Brickler.

I will follow your advice and take your prescription and watch~ Dr. Aya
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #355
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Gio:

I have no doubts that you will enjoy watching it!

God bless you!

Old 01-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #356
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #357
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Amazon Tribe Album

Bruce Parry, star of the BBC series Tribe and the forthcoming Amazon, has teamed up with some of the music worlds biggest names to create a fundraising album for Survival International, the human rights organization for tribal peoples. Musicians on the album include KT Tunstall, will.i.am (Black Eyed Peas), Johnny Borrell (Razorlight), Tom Baxter, Mystery Jets, Jason Mraz, Yusuf Islam, Hot Chip, the Go! Team and Mike Oldfield. In addition, Guy Berryman from Coldplay, Jonas from MEW and Magne from A-ha have formed a new band specially for the CD called Apparatjik, and recorded a track that will also be used for the end credits of Amazon. Every track on the album is exclusive, and has been written especially for the project. The first section of songs is titled Amazon and features songs inspired by Bruce Parrys new series of that name, to be shown on BBC2 in September. The second section of songs, entitled Tribe, is a collection of dance/experimental songs which all use samples of music Bruce recorded with the tribal people he lived with during the making of his hugely popular BBC show.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #358
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Facing the Sixth Extinction

Old 02-01-2010, 11:48 PM   #359
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Ha! Check this out!

Maybe James Cameron has been taking part in ayahuasca rituals. Who knows?

Aya Avatar
Drink the Jungle Juice

January 7, 2010

In paradoxical and altogether predictable terms, James Cameron’s ravishing Avatar sets a blue man group of mystically attuned forest dwellers against the aggressive and heartless exploitation that characterizes the military-industrial-media complex, with its virtual interfaces, biotech chimeras, and cyborg war machines. The paradox, of course, is that a version of this latter complex is responsible for delivering Camaron’s visions to us in the first place. To wit: before a recent screening of the film at the Metreon IMAX theater in San Francisco, we hapless begoggled ones were barraged with military ads, not to mention a triumphant techno-fetishist breakdown on the Imax technology that would soon transport us to the planet Pandora almost as thoroughly (and resonantly) as the handicapped jarhead Jake jacks into his computer-generated avatar body.

But those are behind the scenes ironies. With its floating Roger Deanscapes and hallucinogenic flora, the manifest world of Avatar instead spoke another truth: that the jungle pantheism that now pervades the psychoactive counterculture has gone thoroughly mainstream. Of course, noble savage narratives of ecological balance and shamanic wisdom have been haunting the Rousseau-mapped outback of the western mind for centuries. That said, Avatar represents some important twists in that basic tale. The most important of these is that the Na’vi’s nearly telepathic understanding of their environment is grounded not only in ritual, plant-lore, and that earnest seriousness that now afflicts PC Hollywood Indians, but in an organic communications network: the fibrous, animated, and vaguely repulsive pony-tail tentacles that not only allow the Na’vi to form direct control links with animals but also, through the optical filaments of the “Tree of Souls,” to commune with both ancestors and the Eywa, the biological spirit of the planet whose name resonates with Erda, our own Earth.

Call it ayahuasca lite. For while Avatar features nothing like the South American shaman lore and stupendous aya visuals that litter the otherwise very bad 2004 Western released here as Renegade, the film does suggest that the bitter jungle brew, and ideas of ecological wisdom now attached to it, is having a trickle-down effect. The banisteriopsis caapi vine that gives ayahuasca its name (though not its most hallucinogenic alkaloids) is also known as the “Vine of Souls,” which echoes the Na’vi’s Tree of Souls. And when Sigourney Weaver attempts to establish the efficacy of the Trees through a neurological discourse of electrical connection, the corporate tool Parker asks what she’s been smoking—a backhanded way of acknowledging how much Avatar’s visionary take on ecological consciousness is grounded in psychoactive consciousness.

After all, beyond a thriving and in many ways damaging ayahuasca tourist market in Brazil and Peru, clandestine aya circles manned by South American shamans and all manner of Euro-American facilitators are are now well established throughout the west. Among the professional creative classes who make up a sizable portion of West Coast seekers—for spirit and/or thrills—ayahuasca could almost be said to be mainstream. So it no longer matters whether Cameron or his animators have themselves drunk the tea; its active compounds are already swimming in the cultural water supply. Eco-futuristic dreams are now indistinguishable from the visionary potential of media technology itself. Indeed, whether you are talking form (ground-breaking 3D animation) or content (cyber-hippie wetdream decor), Cameron’s visual and technological rhetoric is impossible to disentangle from hallucinogenic experience.

OK, maybe I am the one smoking something. But if there is an aya-Avatar connection, it would explain one crucial way in which the film differs from conventional “noble savage” mysticism. Rather than ground the Na’vi’s grooviness in their folklore or spiritual purity, the film instead presents the vision of a direct and material communications link with the plant mind. Which means that Eywa (aka Aya) does not have to be believed—she can be experienced. After the temporary fusion with the Tree of Souls that fails to prevent her death, Weaver’s chain-smoking left-brain doctor happily confirms Ewya’s existence. Like the Vine of Souls now wending its way through the developed world, the Tree of Souls becomes a kind of bio-mystical media, a visionary communications matrix that uplinks the souls of the dead and the network mind of the ecosphere itself.

http://techgnosis.com/chunkshow-sing...-06-2204-0.txt
Old 02-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #360
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

EARTH

Beautiful planet as Tara.
and what are we doing with it?????

Old 02-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #361
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Entheogen: Awakening the Divine Within
(9 parts)

Entheogen: Awakening the Divine Within is an 80 minute documentary concerning ecological awareness, evolution of consciousness, and the revival of shamanism. What do ancient rites of passage have to do with our ecological crisis? What do dancing and festivals have to do with the collective consciousness? Stan Grof, Ralph, Metzner, Marilyn Schlitz, and Barabara Marx Hubbard among others, postulate how the disenchantment brought about by the scientific method has created our current ecological crisis and how the emergence of the technosphere has made available the next leap in the evolution of consciousness

Old 02-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #362
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #363
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #364
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #365
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #366
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #367
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #368
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #369
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #370
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 02-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #371
Freedom
Avalon Senior Member

You are indeed....the..

GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT

I have very much enjoyed all the...

pictures...videos...words....thank you for
sharing the light.

It confirms my psychedelic shroom years...
I would like to try this...its got my interest..

I think this group DEEP FOREST also made music
with the natives as well as having raised awareness
and some proceeds to help with stopping the
ravaging of the rainforests.

Here is a sample....hope its ok to include....

Namaste.....Freedom

Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #372
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Beautiful music dear Freedom!
Uff!!!
So much soul!
I did not know that group!
I have no words!
Thank you again!

The main problem with aya is that people in Occidental civilisation see it as a drug/allucinogen and aya is certainly nothing to do with that.
The way I laid out this presentation is aiming at those who have not had any direct experiences in the spiritual realm...
There is a lot of New Age books out there but one thing is reading about conciousness, entities and multiple dimensions and other complete different thing is to be able to experience that for yourself.

Knowledge comes with experience and aya is an exceedingly exceptional sacred teacher.
And when I say SACRED I mean it, and when I say TEACHER, I also mean it.
From my own experience there is nothing, nothing than can be compared with the graphic and emotional teaching methodology of ayahuasca.
Aya is so strong that a single session can completely change the whole vision of the world for any human. The teaching experience has so many aspects that it is imposible to explain using common language....During ayahuasca lessons, you can SEE what she means, EXPERIENCE what she puts in front of you , you can TOUCH it, you can smell colours, you can see music and you can FEEL oneness...LOVE and yourself...

But beware (I call her she) because ayahuasca is a SHE.
Nobody should have ayahuasca in order to have visions....That is not the aim.
You have ayahuasca and once she is in your system....she wil do as she wishes, which means that you will be taught at the necessary speed and moreover she will chose what lesson she is going to teach you about. SHE WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU NEED, NOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU THINK YOU WANT.

Another aspect of ayahuasca which is not mentioned in any of the videos ....is that the effects of ayahuasca are not limited to the actual session when you drink it...the effects last for quite a long time...and the LESSONS are continuous day by day...

Meditation is an extremely slow methodology if you compare it with ayahuasca....it is like comparing a sweet with A FACTORY full of them.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:13 AM   #373
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

A little late coming in on this thread... but my experiences with the Crystaline DMT have really opened the lid on what can be considered "extra terrestrial." Anyone willing to have the experience should, and I do reccomend smoking the DMT rather than making and taking ayahausca unless you are REALLY prepared for it.

T. McKenna's "self-transforming machine gnome elves" never made sense until I realized it for myself. The extra-dimensional "entities" that communicate by changing their own shape are real...

I have more to say on this but I don't want to jumble all of my thoughts. I'm gonna go back and read the rest of the thread when I have time... just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents.
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #374
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you dddanieljjjamesss!
YOu are really more than wellcome to share your thoughts and experiences....
It is certainly not late...
Old 02-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #375
onawah
Avalon Senior Member

Another new comer to this thread, and I have barely seen what is here as yet, but am very interested in seeing more.
I was nanny for 5 years in Northern California to a young lady who is now in her 30s and is a tour guide once a year for groups that travel to the rain forests of Ecuador. She also takes from that group a few individuals each time to a village shaman who conducts Ayahuasca journeys. She and her husband have taken it twice now.
I have stayed in close touch with her after 20 years of geographic separation (we are members of the same soul group), and she and her husband just came to visit with me for a day. I was impressed with how honest and in touch with their core they both are.
I was invited to go with them on the next journey but haven't the resources, alas.
I look forward to learning more about taking Ayahuasca and particularly about taking it in a setting far from the rain forest where it originates. Should I find it is available to me locally, I might want to do that.
Thanks for this thread!
onawah is offline   Reply With Quote