Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

Default The fourth kind - Movie based on archive footage

Stumbled over a trailer for an upcoming movie showcasing a happening back in 2000 that supposedly was as real as it gets. Anyone actually heard of this happening elsewhere?

Trailer looks kinda freaky and it kinda fits right into this forum like a glove on a hand.

http://video.syfy.com/v1143737/?&dst...20Wire%20Video

Enjoy...
lucrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The fourth kind - Movie based on archive footage

Another freaky fear inducing video. Gee, abduction by greys who they think are white owls. Hmmm, maybe that's why the bohemian grove worships the owl.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah, I reacted a bit to the horror theme of the trailer, though I personally don't get affected by it. I'm not sure how true the "truth" in this movie is, as it seems to wreak of hollywood.

Tried to search the net a little about this event, but haven't found anything so far. Will do some more searching later on.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #4
MONITOR
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Lucrum!

I just had a look at the video. It is amazingly familiar to me....except that I imagined it to be a wolf or fox of some kind. But those eyes are the same. I tend to aggree with Jim Sparks, they can read your thoughts as well implant thoughts in to your head. If you think that what you saw was an owl, they will implant an image of an owl in your head.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1250397621

There is more infomation here under resources. www.thefourthkind.net

A close encounter in ufology is an event where a person witnesses an unidentified flying object. This terminology and the system of classification behind it was started by astronomer and UFO researcher J. Allen Hynek, and was first suggested in his 1972 book The UFO Experience: A Scientific InquiryHe introduced the first three kinds of encounters; two more sub-types of close encounters were later added by others, but these additional categories are not universally accepted by UFO researchers

Close Encounter of the First kind
A sighting of one or more unidentified flying objects:

Flying saucers
Odd lights
Aerial objects that are not attributable to human technology

Close Encounter of the Second kind
An observation of a UFO, and associated physical effects from the UFO, including:

Heat or radiation
Damage to terrain
Human paralysis
Frightened animals
Interference with engines or TV or radio reception.
Lost Time: a gap in one's memory associated with a UFO encounter.

Close Encounter of the Third kind
An observation of what Hynek termed "animate beings" observed in association with a UFO sighting.[6] Hynek deliberately chose the somewhat vague term "animate beings" to describe beings associated with UFOs without making any unfounded assumptions regarding the beings' origins or nature. Hynek did not necessarily regard these beings as "extraterrestrials" or "aliens", and in his 1972 book, he further expressed discomfort with such reports, but felt a scientific obligation to include them, at the very least because they represented a sizable minority of claimed UFO encounters.

The UFO researcher Ted Bloecher proposed seven subtypes for the close encounters of the third kind in the Hynek's scale.

A: An entity is observed only inside the UFO
B: An entity is observed inside and outside the UFO
C: An entity is observed near to a UFO, but not going in or out.
D: An entity is observed. No UFOs are seen by the observer, but UFO activity has been reported in the area at about the same time
E: An entity is observed. But no UFOs are seen and no UFO activity has been reported in the area at that time
F: No entity or UFOs are observed, but the subject experiences some kind of "intelligent communication"
G: Abduction (same as close encounter of fourth kind)
Subtypes D, E, and F may be unrelated to the UFO phenomenon.

Close Encounter of the Fourth kind
A human is abducted by a UFO or its occupants. This type was not included in Hynek's original close encounters scale.

Close Encounter of the Fifth kind
Named by Steven M. Greer's CSETI group, these purported encounters are joint, bilateral contact events produced through the conscious, voluntary and proactive human-initiated or cooperative communication with Extraterrestrial intelligence. This is very similar to some "contactees" of the 1950s, or Bloecher's subtype F for Third Encounters. This type was not included in Hynek's original close encounters scale.
MONITOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you Monitor, for the links and info!

I certainly will follow this one a bit and see where it is headed.
Allthough the movie portraits the event as scary and disturbing, all such is in the eye of the beholder. For all we know, the persons involved reacted with fear only because they didn't understand. Quite normal human behaviour if you ask me!

My girlfriend tells me of several out of body experiences during her life, but it frightened her and she stopped seeking the situations where it occured. Induced with serenity while it was happening, but induced with distress when it ended. She doesn't want to aknowledge it as anything else than imagination, but I like to keep the possibilites open.