Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #26
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Hey Obama, I'm going to do it anyway, dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
The state of Oklahoma just passed a law, in a 37 to 9 vote, for an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in DC, along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake, and didn't like it

Guess what? Oklahoma did it anyway.

Oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from, unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. This was against the advice of the Federal Government and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Oklahoma just passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegals in the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional.

Several weeks ago, Oklahoma passed a law declaring themselves a sovereign state, not under Federal government directives. The Empire didn't like it.

The federal Government has taken bold steps to take away the second amendment, so Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. Criminals Kennedy and Ms. Pelosi did not like it.

And Obama didn't like any of this.

Guess what the new T-shirts say...
"Hey Obama, We're going to do it anyway, dude!"
I dont want the state telling me which God I have to pray to. What about all the Americans who are indigenous, Hindu, Muslim, Atheist, Budhist, Taoist, etc...

Keeping DNA samples on file is wrong and an invasion of privacy. No matter what the circumstances. It starts with criminals, then people with minor offences, then everyone else. That's whats happening in The U.K. right now. An Orwellian nightmare.

And automatically incarcerating illegal immigrants isnt going to work either. You dont like them coming into your country? Then "go pick your own vegetables" (quote from the column "Ask a Mexican"). They do all the jobs no one else will. If America didnt make living conditons so bad in Central America to begin with, they wouldnt be coming up to the States to do all the menial work. The American Gov. has actively been destabalizing and undermining the Latin Amercian countries for decades. Of course they want to go to the U.S. for a better life. The solution is to make living conditions in Central America better so they dont want to come to the U.S. in the first place.
246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #27
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmay View Post
Yes, by all means lets support a state that wants to take away civil liberties and religious freedoms, so they can tell their citizens what to do and think... all because you believe some BS about the president being controlled by the PTB. He is absolutely not.

Some of you are obviously willing to accept tyranny as long as it offends a president you don't like.
In order for tyranny to exist some one has to sponser it and for the last 60 to 70 years it has been the same group of people doing the sponsering. If you turn your head and allow those things that have been done in the past to fall by the wayside then you in fact perpetuate them. Letting bad acts go unpunished shows that you are willing to let future evil deeds have that same leyway. Doing nothing is no longer an option. So by not acknowledging these things done by a previous administration Obama will never build or earn trust . Those that still think he is going to turn a corner and all of a sudden "poof" he is going to shine the light on everything are in for a long wait It will be like waiting for the bus thats never going to show up..... he campaigned on Hope and change funny words when you look at them this way
"We can all Hope that Change is going to happen tomorrow and if it doesn`t there is the Hope it will happen the day after. The problem with Hope is that Change never has to Materialize for it to exist."

Last edited by Northern Boy; 05-29-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #28
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

'hope' is really non-commital. it's kind of a desperate emotion.
we can hope for change, but if we only hope, change will never occur.
action alone is capable of making hope happen.

a friend of mine has a saying....
'hope in one hand and s**t in the other and see which hand fills up first.'
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #29
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

We must admit we have differences of opinion, and until recently that opinion has been a protected right in our country. However, as we move along less and less of those freedoms are protected, including the right to have an opinion listed in the first amendment. Look at how many go to jail for holocaus denial, which is just an opinion.

The fact that we have so many differences makes me wonder if we have forgotten that some folks move to an area because it IS friendly to their moral code or beliefs. So having different states that have different flavors to me seems to be good. For example there are those that might spit nails at me for what I believe and will never see it my way, and I see this as healthy but when those differences turn into disrespect because of that different opinion we usually start having trouble. That is how wars start.

So hurray for different states. Let's give Texas their republic back and anyone else that wants it. In fact Vermont is moving quite close to that line along with Quebec and several other areas. Why not let them? After all people can move right?

Believing, or not believing that the "powers that be", place, pick, make, or hand pick a candidate is another topic but it is quite obvious Obama was "placed, picked, and made" to be president.

Quoting Will Rogers (an Oklahoman), "Good thing we don't get all the government we pay for".
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:17 AM   #30
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 246 View Post
I dont want the state telling me which God I have to pray to. What about all the Americans who are indigenous, Hindu, Muslim, Atheist, Budhist, Taoist, etc...

Keeping DNA samples on file is wrong and an invasion of privacy. No matter what the circumstances. It starts with criminals, then people with minor offences, then everyone else. That's whats happening in The U.K. right now. An Orwellian nightmare.

And automatically incarcerating illegal immigrants isnt going to work either. You dont like them coming into your country? Then "go pick your own vegetables" (quote from the column "Ask a Mexican"). They do all the jobs no one else will. If America didnt make living conditons so bad in Central America to begin with, they wouldnt be coming up to the States to do all the menial work. The American Gov. has actively been destabalizing and undermining the Latin Amercian countries for decades. Of course they want to go to the U.S. for a better life. The solution is to make living conditions in Central America better so they dont want to come to the U.S. in the first place.
Finally, another person agrees with me. You also said it better than I could.

I have to agree that we're going down a dangerous road in regards to scapegoating illegals. That's what TPTB *want* us to do! Think about it!!!!! It's another distraction!
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #31
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
We must admit we have differences of opinion, and until recently that opinion has been a protected right in our country. However, as we move along less and less of those freedoms are protected, including the right to have an opinion listed in the first amendment. Look at how many go to jail for holocaus denial, which is just an opinion.

The fact that we have so many differences makes me wonder if we have forgotten that some folks move to an area because it IS friendly to their moral code or beliefs. So having different states that have different flavors to me seems to be good. For example there are those that might spit nails at me for what I believe and will never see it my way, and I see this as healthy but when those differences turn into disrespect because of that different opinion we usually start having trouble. That is how wars start.

So hurray for different states. Let's give Texas their republic back and anyone else that wants it. In fact Vermont is moving quite close to that line along with Quebec and several other areas. Why not let them? After all people can move right?
The problem with a Vermont secession is how to maintain roads and infrastructure without the assistance of the federal government. I propose the following:

1. Legalize all drugs and tax the hell out of them. Keep the money in Vermont though.
2. Legalize hemp farming. It will keep those small farmers in business. Hemp is a durable product with many uses.

I can't think of anything else right now but it's possible that these two things could contribute to Vermont's self-sufficency, which is needed in order for secession to work.

As for the small government advocates, where were you when Bush was president? I can't buy the idea that Obama is horrible when spending INCREASED under what was supposed to be a conservative government (Bush).

And if Oklahoma wants to secede, then do it. Just don't expect any assistance from other states, should the Federal government attack you (unless you form alliances with other states).
Old 05-29-2009, 11:33 PM   #32
sun-toonŽ
Avalon Senior Member

Maybe I missed something, Waterman, but the way you presented this it appeared as though you'd written it yourself, when it's actually a viral e-mail that's been around long enough to have been covered by Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/pending/oklahoma.asp
sun-toonŽ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #33
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

That is an interesting statement. Because after talking to several people in Oklahoma about the new laws they said there has been a dramatic drop in illegals working in the state.

And yeah it is kind of spooky that that link is about what I spoke of, I've never seen it...

Unfortunately I spoke with some folks in Oklahoma and they are telling me the laws were passed. Keep up the Monday night quartering backing sun'toon, we all need to be checked.

Last edited by Waterman; 05-29-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:06 AM   #34
sun-toonŽ
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
...yeah it is kind of spooky that that link is about what I spoke of, I've never seen it...

Unfortunately I spoke with some folks in Oklahoma and they are telling me the laws were passed. Keep up the Monday night quartering backing sun'toon, we all need to be checked.
Yeah...kind of spooky that it's all over the web, word for word what you pasted...I mean posted here, and you've never seen it.
I'm glad to hear your Okie friends have all the facts straight that Snopes got wrong. Snopes is a mess with fact checking when compared to "some folks".

And FYI, I wasn't checking up on you, but your exact text happened to land in my e-mail box today from a Libertarian slanted e-mail list.

You won't have to worry about me checking up on you again, there's not enough credibility there to bother.

Last edited by sun-toonŽ; 05-30-2009 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:09 AM   #35
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

All I have to say (and take offense if you must) on illegal immigration is that it's always hilarious when most of the people opposed to it are white and male.

Let's ask some of the opponents if they'd be willing to pick fruit all day in the sun for $4/hour. They will come up with all kinds of excuses on why they wouldn't do it.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #36
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

It seems there is quite an untapped workforce in the prisons.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:46 AM   #37
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
That is an interesting statement. Because after talking to several people in Oklahoma about the new laws they said there has been a dramatic drop in illegals working in the state.

And yeah it is kind of spooky that that link is about what I spoke of, I've never seen it...

Welll, I want to STAND UP right Now... And, Thank you for posting...

In the next breath I want to pass along som information....

Snopes is a man/wife that found a way to make money... They're Not
always right !!! I don't want to be a distraction but....

I don't think this whole Site... needs... " a monday night quarter backing..."
" Thank you very much." I prefer that people post ' their information '...

I WILL Decide, what I willl Decide....

Thank you ' Waterman.'

Respect No pot shots

Trooly,

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:21 AM   #38
sun-toonŽ
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Welll, I want to STAND UP right Now... And, Thank you for posting...
In the next breath I want to pass along som information....
Snopes is a man/wife that found a way to make money... They're Not
always right !!! I don't want to be a distraction but....
I don't think this whole Site... needs... " a monday night quarter backing..."
" Thank you very much." I prefer that people post ' their information '...
I WILL Decide, what I willl Decide....
Thank you ' Waterman.'
Respect No pot shots
You're right about Snopes, Tango...they're not always right, but usually on points that can easily be looked up on the web and which don't stretch the matrix pattern, they have credibility.

About the rest of your speech...I hope you can understand that I only asked why Waterman didn't mention that the source of his post wasn't himself, which it clearly was not. He then chose to state that he'd never seen this piece, which is now so viral that it's a wonder everyone here hasn't come across it somewhere else by now.
I did not criticize the intent of the post itself...but now I will.

On second reading I see this as the kind of glib, inaccurate, pseudo common sense piece that's written by marketing firms for political agendas. They're released anonymously on the net to appeal to the basest emotional instincts of their audience...in this case Libertarian and conservative blogs and forums. It was intentionally written to be divisive by sneering at Obama and making him the focal point, as if he's doing anything that wasn't already a part of the Bush/NWO agenda. This is exactly how disinformation is spun, and how we're conditioned to believe in left and right wing agendas, when both fully support the same corrupt system.

IMO posting it here was also intended to be a distraction and divisive, which it was. Is there really a need to be sucked into a debate over the merits of VT vs OK? Now you further the distraction by inferring that a question about the source of the text in some way impedes your right to see the information at all.

Last edited by sun-toonŽ; 06-01-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:41 AM   #39
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I'm not the one who started a debate over which state was better.

I just don't understand what OK expects to accomplish by "sticking it to the man." What if there are people in OK who don't want the 10 Commandmants near a courthouse? What if there are legal immigrants with family that happen to be illegals and they get deported or jailed?

It's one thing to stand up for your principles but when they affect others in a negative way, you need to step back and think (kind of like Gov.Sanford of South Carolina).
Old 07-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #40
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

I say..................GOOD FOR YOU OKLAHOMA
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote