Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 06-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #151
day
Retired Avalon Member

Default Re: The secret life of plants

day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #152
day
Retired Avalon Member

Old 06-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #153
day
Retired Avalon Member

Old 06-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #154
day
Retired Avalon Member

Old 06-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #155
day
Retired Avalon Member

Old 06-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #156
day
Retired Avalon Member

some more red poppies for Rhythmmmm

Old 06-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #157
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: The secret life of plants

Along with the Flowers, there will come the Bees and the Butterflies. An example of the Symbiosis in Nature, the interdependence of ALL Life.

We should all remember that we Humans are also an interdependent part of Nature. Most People have forgotten this in the day-to-day work-traffic-TV-sleep-work cycle in the cities. Cities without Nature ... People, get yourselves out into the Wilderness 3- or 4-months each Year ... Reconnect. 'Nuff "preachin'."

Flowers need Butterflies:
Pipevine Swallowtails =

Pipevine Caterpillar

As adults, Pipevine Swallowtails' food is flower nectar. Some of the flowers they visit include honeysuckles, milkweeds, and thistles. Besides getting food, they help the plants by pollinating them.

My Daughter and Granddaughter visited with us this weekend. We took them over to a Butterfly Atrium. Like a large hothouse full of many Blooming Flowers, a waterfall, stream and Lilly-pond with goldfish. The place was full of so many different Butterflies, awesome.

As we were leaving, the Host gave my Granddaughter a live Caterpillar of the Pipevine Swallowtail, in a clear cup with a bunch of Pipevine leaves for it to eat. She said she heard it munching those leaves most of the night. Before they left for home today, it was starting to make itself into a Chrysalis =

So,to keep it around their house, they will need to plant Flowers to make nectar for the Butterfly = Honeysuckles, and food for new Caterpillars = Pipevine.

J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #158
day
Retired Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled, which leads to an unkown, secret place. The old people came literally to love the soil, and they sat or reclined on the ground with a feeling of being close to a mothering power. Their teepees were built upon the earth and their altar's were made of earth. The soul was soothing, strengthening, cleansing and healing. That is why the old Indian still sits upon the earth instead of propping himself up and away from its life giving forces. For him, to sit or lie upon the ground is to be able to think more deeply and to feel more keenly. He can see more clearly into the mysteries of life and come closer in kinship to other lives about him."

"Chief Luther Standing Bear"

kindness
mudra
the Roundhouse or Ani (cherokee/tsalagi) in this picture reminds me of something that happened last summer. I am part tsalagi and had gone during the summer to spend time with the healers in the deep woods. They had built an Ani on the land, close to a stream where we would go to cool of after the sweats. several people were fasting (vision quest) and we prayed and sweat for them. At the end of the four days, there was a very traditional ceremony as it was hundreds of years ago.

we gathered in the Ani for ceremony and feast of thanksgiving, it was night so we had only the light of the fire and a few candles. I looked around the Circle of Friends and things shifted, the energy changed and I saw us all as we would have dressed several hundred years ago. we all spoke in one tongue of our native language, not english as we had been before the energy shifted. I was given the honor to pray over the Water for our ceremony, and many of my friends were given honor for devotion to their heart ways of peace, healing. giving. We were all happy, smiling without jealousy or pride, for it is the Creator that had given us these gifts to be shared and through this the Creator was honored...not egos...they call these cellular memories, and I have them in different parts of the land. transported in time to see things as they were then...and will be one day in the future.

By sharing our good feelings for each other here on Avalon, through words, energy and pictures....we are honoring the Creator, Life, Soul, and the Heart of the Earth, for they listen and smile back their love, and we can feel it.

and that is a blessed place to be...in heart mind and soul...no matter where our feet may be resting now...
Old 06-29-2009, 06:51 AM   #159
day
Retired Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post

Thank you friends for coming on this thread. I appreciate your presence here.
Hopefully with some more pictures added to it as it moves along we will build Avalon's garden

Finding your post here this morning could'nt have made me more happy Jrod7 .
Thank you for sharing these wonderfull moments. I do understand them.

As Helen Keller says :
"The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart."

I was born a single child and was lucky enough to be raised at places where we had gardens and even lands around.

As a little girl I would sit in my parents garden for hours without seeing the time passing by. I remember well my sense of total communion with the flowers and plants that were dwelling there.
I would rarely pick any of them as I soon realized that by doing so I was taking their life away from them .
I preferred instead being able to remain the witness of their living beauty until the very last moments of their natural cycle.

When I came to live in the city and no more gardens were available I started to have plants.
One I brought home I realized was very sensitive to my presence around her..when I would put my hands above it's leaves it would start to shiver..It would even suddenly shiver by it's own without any rush of air around it .. It was just able to express it's aliveness in it's unique way..

At some point in my life I experienced the darkness of the soul. The wound I had was so deep that it took me many long months to find my way back to the light.
But I did.. during those days I would go and sit daily under a tree I had found in a peacefull little subwood . Quickly we developped a strong bond.
I called the tree " Whisper " as he taught me so many things. He was so much older than me , had lived so many things across centuries ..

He showed me on day that trees through their roots are holding hands . This was such a beautifull image. Not only did I see what he meant but I could as well feel it .
He also made me see the source of Love .. primal love .. it was a warm column of golden light descending from above and pervading all things into oneness.
It was not until my heart chakra opened up a few month ago that I realized that what Whisper had shown me 9 years ago I was now experiencing.

Today I live in the city but the people around my place have gardens and there are many trees ..
When I take walks I always pay attention to the flowers I see .. I say hello to them and I see them smiling at me ..

Kindness
mudra
a very moving story Mudra...when the trees whisper its a sound that always brings healing, love to the heart, in the language without words. My mother and I spoke on the phone earlier about our love for whisper trees, and just now I read your story and found you also know the them.

as the trees shade from the harsh sun and give fruit and nuts, they protect from strong winds, and hold the soil from erosion, they love us and give us good air to breathe, they are young and grandfather trees, healing, purity and steady strong trees. trees who have a story to tell, a song to whisper and souls to love and nuture...a young and vibrant mudra to love and be loved sharing and caring with the same selfless whispers of spirit....from our hearts to yours and from yours to ours....timeless wordless knowing from the Creation ...and to...
Old 06-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #160
RaKaR
Avalon Senior Member

Amazingly beautiful and peaceful.
Nature at work. Behold!

Namaste,

RaKaR
RaKaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #161
Fina
Avalon Senior Member

After really 'getting into' Dowsing last year when I started checking resonance with my frequency generator, I was advised to subject my drinking water to 10,000Hz.

I had an idea then, to dowse my houseplants to see if they preferred the 10KH20?
Most of them objected strongly to tap water and preferred the 10K water, so I keep a bucket of water under the generator for them.

I had another idea the other day- to ask the plants whether they were in the best place / position in the room, and whether they 'got on with' the plants next to them?
Interesting results- moved quite a few until they were all happy! {Didn't appear to be an 'personality clashes', luckily!}

I am also in the process of asking them all which fertiliser they would prefer, when the time comes? They all like different things... going to have to write it all down!
{I follow the Lunar Organics wallchart for planting and fertilising; http://www.lunarorganics.com/ }

Just asked one of them whether they prefer 10,00 Hz, or 528? That particular one prefers 528... got a lot of work to do this week

Blessings
Karen
Fina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #162
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fina View Post

After really 'getting into' Dowsing last year when I started checking resonance with my frequency generator, I was advised to subject my drinking water to 10,000Hz...
This is a fascinating post!!
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #163
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

wow, I'm amazed!!!
Well, I'll have plenty of work to do in my garden...

Quote:
After really 'getting into' Dowsing last year when I started checking resonance with my frequency generator, I was advised to subject my drinking water to 10,000Hz.

I had an idea then, to dowse my houseplants to see if they preferred the 10KH20?
Most of them objected strongly to tap water and preferred the 10K water, so I keep a bucket of water under the generator for them.

I had another idea the other day- to ask the plants whether they were in the best place / position in the room, and whether they 'got on with' the plants next to them?
Interesting results- moved quite a few until they were all happy! {Didn't appear to be an 'personality clashes', luckily!}

I am also in the process of asking them all which fertiliser they would prefer, when the time comes? They all like different things... going to have to write it all down!
{I follow the Lunar Organics wallchart for planting and fertilising; http://www.lunarorganics.com/ }

Just asked one of them whether they prefer 10,00 Hz, or 528? That particular one prefers 528... got a lot of work to do this week

Blessings
Karen
Gemeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #164
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #165
day
Retired Avalon Member

Quote:

Blessings
Karen
beautiful post! I was inspired from Dr Emoto's work and taped Love and Appreciation to the bottles of water I watered my house plants with. I did this also with my drinking water and wow the plants responded so beautifully!I watched the leaves unfurl and flowers bloom
a very special time
Old 06-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #166
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Day I am so honored to learn you are part Tsalagi.
I have deep respect for the american indian culture
and have roots there within my heart from way back .
Thank you for your wonderfull postings.
It's very inspiring to read you .

Loving kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #167
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Fina,

Thank you for taking a walk into Avalon's garden.
It's wonderfull to hear you have been developping such a sensible
way of communicating with the plant kingdom.
I can feel your strong bond to them.
Keep it up and tell us some more.

Loving kindness
mudra
Old 06-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #168
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Last edited by mudra; 06-29-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #169
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you Jrod for the insects..
Indeed they are the plants's friends.
Here are some more that I particularly love..
the dragonflyes..
Look how they mate with a heart shape..

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #170
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

There's a huge dragonfly that "likes" to visit my garden every now-and-then.
I'll try to take a photo and place it here! It is really big!

This garden is really growing!

Excellent work!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #171
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks day for your post regarding dr Emoto's work.
Good tip!
My veggies need some love and attention asap.

Mudra, thank you for the magnificent pictures of dragon flies.
Some of them look a bit scary though

Fina, here at Avalon's garden. And thank you for your post regarding
frequencies plants respond favourably to. Must look into this.

Blessings
lightbeing
lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #172
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Now what about deserts? Barren? Not colorful?

Here are some examples of plants and flowers found
in deserts !

Beautiful gifts from Mother Earth everywhere you look !

Blessings
lightbeing

Last edited by lightbeing; 06-29-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #173
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Old 06-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #174
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

NOW FOR SOME CLOSE UPS !

Last edited by lightbeing; 06-29-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #175
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member