Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #51
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is Vegan/Vegetarian an Illuminati/Reptilian Deception?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
You can make a salad dressing with raw eggs. And I will see if I can fetch the link from the very excellent http://mercola.com site on how to make sure the eggs are safe to eat raw.
What a team player you are, Karen! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
From what I can tell, as long as you include dairy, or eggs or fish, or even insects to get you the fat-soluble nutrients that are not present in plants, I don't have as much concern.
Is the crux of the problem whether or not you get fat-soluble nutrients in your diet, rather than enough, and complete (all the amino acids) protein in your diet?

Last edited by Seashore; 05-28-2009 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Clarify my question
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #52
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

"Raw Eggs for Your Health -- Major Update

By J. Mercola, D.O.
As many of you know, I am a fond proponent of using raw eggs as a major food in your diet.
Raw whole eggs are a phenomenally inexpensive and incredible source of high-quality nutrients that many of us are deficient in, especially high-quality protein and fat.
Eggs generally are one of the most allergic foods that are eaten, but I believe this is because they are cooked. If one consumes the eggs in their raw state the incidence of egg allergy virtually disappears. Heating the egg protein actually changes its chemical shape, and the distortion can easily lead to allergies.
So, if you have not been able to tolerate eggs before you will want to consider eating them uncooked.
But when one discusses raw eggs, the typical reaction is a fear of salmonella. So let me begin this update, my first that comprehensively addresses the immediate concern of nearly everyone who hears this recommendation."
"Well What About Salmonella? Won't I Get Sick If I Eat Raw Eggs?"

Continue reading here and if you get a prompt to sign up for the newsletter, it's a good one. If you don't get the prompt I would like to know either way what is happening with the mercola links I post. Thanks.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-part-two.aspx

Edit: more mercola raw egg articles here:
http://search.mercola.com/results.aspx?k=raw%20egg

Last edited by Karen; 05-27-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #53
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Dr. Price's book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration was written in the 1930's, copyright 1939.

Excerpts from chapter 16.
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_lib...e/price16.html
Primitive control of dental caries

"We may divide the primitive racial stocks into groups, classified according to the physical environment in which they are living and the manner in which the environment largely controls their available foods. It is significant that I have as yet found no group that was building and maintaining good bodies exclusively on plant foods. A number of groups are endeavoring to do so with marked evidence of failure. The variety of animal foods available has varied widely in some groups, and been limited among others. "

" Vitamin D is not found in plants, but must be sought in an animal food. The dietaries of the efficient primitive racial stocks may be divided into groups on this basis: in the first place those obtaining their fatsoluble activators, which include the known fat-soluble vitamins, from efficient dairy products. This includes the Swiss in the high Alps, the Arabs (using camel's milk), and the Asiatic races (using milk of sheep and musk ox). In the second place there are those using liberally the organs of animals, and the eggs of birds, wild and domesticated. These include the Indians of the far North, the buffalo hunting Plains Indians and the Andean tribes. In the third place there are those using liberally animal life of the sea. These include Pacific Islanders and coastal tribes throughout the world. In the fourth place there are those using small animals and insects. These include the Australian Aborigines in the interior, and the African tribes in the interior."

"Still another problem confronts us, i.e., the sources of fatsoluble activators indicated above, namely: dairy products, organs of animals and sea foods, may vary through a wide range in their content of the fat-soluble activators or vitamins, depending upon the nutrition available for the animals. Cows fed on third grade hay, too low in carotene, not only cannot produce strong calves but their milk will not keep healthy calves alive. (Chapter 18.)"

"Since 1927, I have been analyzing samples of dairy products, chiefly butter, from several parts of the world for their vitamin content. These samples are received every two to four weeks from the same places, usually for several years. They all show a seasonal rise and fall in vitamin content. The high level is always associated with the use of rapidly growing young plant food. This tide in plant life, fluctuating with the seasons, controlled the migration of the buffalo southward in the autumn and winter and northward in the spring. They moved at the rate of about twelve miles per day, travelling with the sun in order to provide the highest-vitamin milk for the young calves born in the south. No doubt these tides in nutrition control also the migration of birds. By far the most efficient plant food that I have found for producing the high-vitamin content in milk is rapidly growing young wheat and rye grass. Oat and barley grass are also excellent. In my clinical work small additions of this high-vitamin butter to otherwise satisfactory diets regularly checks tooth decay when active and at the same time improves vitality and general health."

"Similarly the value of eggs for providing fat-soluble vitamins depends directly upon the food eaten by the fowl. The fertility of the eggs also is a direct measure of the vitamin content, including vitamin E."

"Since the sea foods are, as a group, so valuable a source of the fatsoluble activators, they have been found to be efficient throughout the world not only for controlling tooth decay, but for producing a human stock of high vitality. Unfortunately the cost of transportation in the fresh state often constitutes a factor limiting distribution. Many of the primitive races preserved the food value, including vitamins, very efficiently by drying the fish. While our modern system of canning prevents decomposition, it does not efficiently preserve some of the fatsoluble activators, particularly vitamin A."

Old 05-28-2009, 03:25 AM   #54
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Chapter 17
One origin of physical deformities
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_lib...e/price17.html

FIG. 100. Disturbed heredity. Above, father a primitive coastal Indian of Peru with normal facial and dental arch development. Son at right presents distortions of both facial and dental arch form. Below, father a primitive Andean Indian with excellent facial and dental arch form. His son at right has not reproduced the racial pattern. Both sons are full blood.

Fig. 102, two sisters and two brothers. In each pair there is a marked change in the facial form of the younger. The arches and the nostrils of the younger child are narrower and there is a marked lack of development in both the middle and lower thirds of the face. ... These families demonstrate a lowering of reproductive capacity of the parents with the later born children.

Two serious defects from which many individuals in our modernized civilization suffer are impacted teeth and the absence of teeth due to their failure to develop. It is significant that in the arches of the primitive races practically all teeth form and erupt normally, including the third molars. In the modernized primitives and among our modern whites with deformed dental arches many teeth are impacted and often several of the permanent teeth have never formed. The evidence indicates that this, like the facial and dental arch deformities is due to an absence of vitamin A in the diet of the mother during the gestation period or of one or both of the parents prior to conception. The cause is discussed in the next chapter.

Last edited by Karen; 05-28-2009 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:49 AM   #55
Blisstasista
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is Vegen/Vegetarian an Illuminati/Reptilian Deception?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I used to kill our own chickens as I believe that all who eat flesh should at least once in their life kill an animal themselves and then eat it. I no longer eat chicken I didn't like killing them or raising them. I lived with them for long enough to understand that chickens are quite nasty vindictive creatures who would eat their own mother, they're dirty things as well lots of parasites, yuk.

Blisstasista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:30 AM   #56
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

As I have said previously, I find this subject interesting and thanks to Karen for all the info she has published.

I am finding myself more and more allergic to bread, to gluten and probably to yeast as well. My children and grandchildren seem to have varying degrees of the same allergies which is understandable.

The symtoms i have after eating bread (gluten) include headaches, tiredness, diahharia, brain fog, farting and excessive appettite at times.

I bought a book yesterday by a New Zealand doctor who has successfully treated many many patients. Many of his patients are young children and young adults. All of my symtoms plus others are mentioned by this doctor as evidence of gluten intolerance. I intended to quote from this book on this thread, but I showed a friend the book today and she snapped it up to go read as most of the symtoms talked about she and her partner are also experiencing.

This doctor says that gluten will cause a down grading of the brain and nervous system. I certainly experience a foggy brain when Ive eaten bread. Isnt it interesting that the food pyramid touted now by the health experts now is based on bread and cereals. If I wanted to dumb down a population what better way to do it than to push a product that is cheap (bread buns etc) that is added to most of processed foods (gluten, msg) and affects the brain and nervous systems of a huge percentage of the population!

Im sorry to have no references for this Drs long study into this gluten intolerance. When I manage to wrestle the book off my friend I will post the info!!!

Cheers

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:37 AM   #57
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
As I have said previously, I find this subject interesting and thanks to Karen for all the info she has published.

I am finding myself more and more allergic to bread, to gluten and probably to yeast as well. My children and grandchildren seem to have varying degrees of the same allergies which is understandable.

The symtoms i have after eating bread (gluten) include headaches, tiredness, diahharia, brain fog, farting and excessive appettite at times.
Thank you Carmen! Yes indeed, when I first was told through an electroderm type of test that I was allergic to wheat, I had no idea. But when I stray from the no wheat diet, first it's the overwhelming tiredness - like after lunch when you are trying to work - but can barely keep the eyes open. Then the smelliest rolling f*rts, and soon after, the explosive exit.

Far more people have allergies to wheat than have any idea that is what their problem is. My niece's new husband has a history of not feeling well, napping a lot and finally got a diagnosis in this little podunk town - of celiac - from one of the new doctors.

TPTB fight hard to keep the good fats away from us. That whole cholesterol hoopla is the biggest hoax of the century. A cholesterol moderately over 200 is protective for people in old age, esp. women. Lo-fat is fast death. And vegetable oils are new-fangled products that help destroy our health with high levels of Omega-6. Wild fish are important for the DHA which is a must have for proper eye and nervous system development, yet almost all the fatty fish now are contaminated with too much mercury. So sardines, herring and small fish are the best bet there or a properly processed and purified fish oil. Cod liver oil is a good bet for the winter in the Northern climes where you have more breast cancer because of low levels of Vitamin D.

And that China study - well it's not good science. I'll have to look up the particulars on that. I won't waste my time reading that book.

I was reading in the online Dr. Price book that in some cultures it is a disgrace to have children closer than 3 years apart. The men are to abstain from their wives and give them a chance to regain their strength and nutrient status so that the next child will not be miscarried, stillbirth or deformed.

The rest are quoted excerpts from:
"I have found similar examples in several of the modernized primitive racial stocks. The severity of the disturbing factors may be different under different circumstances. Drought, industrial depression, unemployment, and the like, all have their influence. In Fig. 110 will be seen three Maori children of New Zealand; the second child is smaller in stature than the third and gives more evidence of facial injury. While his older sister and younger brother have normal feet, his quite severe disturbance in facial growth is associated with club feet."

"Deformities of the feet associated with facial deformity have been found in several modernized groups of primitive racial stocks. A typical case among the modernized Indians of Peru is shown in Fig. 111. The face of this boy shows abnormal development with narrowing of the upper arch and displacement of the teeth. This is associated with gross deformity of one foot and shortening of the leg. He lives in the high country. This phase is strikingly illustrated in Fig. 112 where the face is very badly injured and both feet are seriously clubbed. This boy is a Coastal Indian."

FIG. 111. This boy is a modernized Indian in the high Sierra of Peru. Note the disturbed development of the face associated with the deformity of one foot.

FIG. 112. This is a modernized coastal Indian of Ecuador. Note the serious facial and dental arch distortion associated with club feet.

The serious expressions of physical deformities which we found had occurred in several primitive racial stocks,after they have become modernized sufficiently to be using the foods of our modern civilization, are occurring in our modern American families with equal severity and great frequency.

[A study by] Dr. D. P. Murphy, of the University of Pennsylvania. [see link for specifics]. In concluding one of his reports he states:

Miscarriages, stillbirths, and premature births occurred more often than would be expected by chance in the pregnancies immediately preceding and immediately following the pregnancy which resulted in the birth of a defective child, and less often than would be expected by chance in the remaining pregnancies. Miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature birth occurred most often in the pregnancy immediately preceding that of the defective child.

From the above observations, it is concluded that the birth of a congenitally malformed child may be only one expression of a prolonged decrease in functional reproductive activity, the other expressions being miscarriages, stillbirths, and premature births.

It is suggested that the obstetrician has unusual reason to suspect the possible existence of a congenital malformation in the pregnancy which follows immediately after a miscarriage, a stillbirth, or a premature birth.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:47 AM   #58
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

So the moral of that story above, for modern folks - if you are having trouble conceiving, or having a live birth - please wait 2-3 years to try again. Both the husband and the wife should partake of the best nutrition and the good Vitamin A and D rich fats that cannot be found in the plant world.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #59
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

A quick question about those photos: How do we know that they're actual science and not just quackery? They seem kind of racist in nature. Where are the deformed white people?
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #60
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Do you want beautiful happy children with broad faces and a full set of lovely straight teeth? Dr. Price discovered the answer in the 1930s. And until recently his work has been largely ignored!

The eggs in the woman and the sperm in the man must have adequate nutrition to develop properly and then the mother must have the needed minerals, fat-soluble vitamins and activators provided for her and her child during pregnancy and lactation. Eat real and fresh foods instead of processed and devitalized junk. Shop primarily in the perimeter of the grocery store where most things do not have a label with a list of unpronounceable ingredients.

FIG. 98. These four Melanesian boys born on different islands look like brothers but are not blood relations. They illustrate the role of heredity in reproducing racial type. Heredity, however, can only operate normally when the germ cells have not been injured.

99. These four Polynesian girls live on different islands and are not related though they look like sisters. They record their racial type by undisturbed heredity.

Last edited by Karen; 05-28-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #61
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
A quick question about those photos: How do we know that they're actual science and not just quackery? They seem kind of racist in nature. Where are the deformed white people?
Dr. Weston Price, as explained previously, was a dentist in the 1930's with an intense curiosity about why all of a sudden his white (and probably other) patients were more sickly with a mouthful of dental decay in the adults and children with crooked and crowded teeth. He wondered - did it have anything to do with the new-fangled diet of white flour, white sugar and hydrogenated oils? Processed, canned, and devitalized foods of commerce?

So he embarked on an adventure to study the world's healthiest peoples. The ones still eating their traditional diets (as explained previously) were healthy and vibrant, with physical, mental and moral perfection. They were in isolated locations - there was only a hiking trail into the Swiss mountain village. But modern foods were encroaching, and their health was going in the dumps like all the Americans were. Price took a new-fangled invention with him and he and his wife took pictures, meticulous documentation and produced this research.

Last edited by Karen; 05-28-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #62
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
"His investigations took him to isolated Swiss villages and a windswept island off the coast of Scotland. He studied traditional Eskimos, Indian tribes in Canada and the Florida Everglades, Southsea islanders, Aborigines in Australia, Maoris in New Zealand, Peruvian and Amazonian Indians and tribesmen in Africa. ... The photographs Price took, the descriptions of what he found and his startling conclusions are preserved in a book considered a masterpiece by many nutrition researchers who followed in Price's footsteps: Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. Yet this compendium of ancestral wisdom is all but unknown to today's medical community and modern parents."

As posted previously:
To read the rest of this great article with pictures taken by Dr. Price
http://westonaprice.org/tour/vegtourindex.html
and click article 3 in the sidebar.

Here's a link to that online book, published in 1939.
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...7&postcount=46
Old 05-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #63
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
...I am finding myself more and more allergic to bread...
This rings a bell with me. I have read that grains and seeds are hard to digest because of the protective coating mother nature provides them with, and that soaking or sprouting before using them in food helps. I've started ordering sprouted grain flour on the internet and baking my own bread with it.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:27 AM   #64
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
I don't understand though. There is nothing in animals that we can't get from fruits, veggies, grains, 'pure' milk, and so on. Or is there?
Milk is not part of a strict vegan diet. I once had a vegan that was very fragile emotionally go over the top about the thought of sucking milk from a cow teat.

Quote:
I've not been able to find one thing, aside from protein lies.. I used to eat meat, just like I used to believe Bin Laden took down the towers. But then I learned truth, and that is simply our anatomy. We are not designed to eat meat. There is no denying this. It causes disease in so many ways.
I think the "humans are herbivores" "proof" is in error. Dr. Weston A. Price did a huge study of real people in isolated parts of the world and proved that humans need the fat from animal sources. One African tribe was exceptionally healthy with zero vegetable matter and only ate meat, milk and blood. They were a bit out of balance, very tall, for the lack of the plant food. More vegetarian neighbors were much less healthy. The real problem in poor human health is excess sugar, carbohydrates, and starch. Indians eating mainly corn, beans and squash were very fat and very unhealthy.

http://www.westonaprice.org/tour/vegtourindex.html
click on 3. Ancient Wisdom

Excerpt:
Price took samples of native foods home with him to Cleveland and studied them in his laboratory. He found that these diets contained at least four times the minerals and water soluble vitamins--vitamin C and B complex--as the American diet of his day. Price would undoubtedly find a greater discrepancy in the 1990s due to continual depletion of our soils through industrial farming practices. What's more, among traditional populations, grains and tubers were prepared in ways that increased vitamin content and made minerals more available--soaking, fermenting, sprouting and sour leavening.

It was when Price analyzed the fat soluble vitamins that he got a real surprise. The diets of healthy native groups contained at least ten times more vitamin A and vitamin D than the American diet of his day! These vitamins are found only in animal fats--butter, lard, egg yolks, fish oils and foods with fat-rich cellular membranes like liver and other organ meats, fish eggs and shell fish.

Price referred to the fat soluble vitamins as "catalysts" or "activators" upon which the assimilation of all the other nutrients depended--protein, minerals and vitamins. In other words, without the dietary factors found in animal fats, all the other nutrients largely go to waste.

Price also discovered another fat soluble vitamin that was a more powerful catalyst for nutrient absorption than vitamins A and D. He called it "Activator X" (now believed to be vitamin K2). All the healthy groups Price studied had the X Factor in their diets. It could be found in certain special foods which these people considered sacred--cod liver oil, fish eggs, organ meats and the deep yellow Spring and Fall butter from cows eating rapidly growing green grass. When the snows melted and the cows could go up to the rich pastures above their village, the Swiss placed a bowl of such butter on the church altar and lit a wick in it. The Masai set fire to yellow fields so that new grass could grow for their cows. Hunter-gatherers always ate the organ meats of the game they killed--often raw. Liver was held to be sacred by many African tribes. The Eskimos and many Indian tribes put a very high value on fish eggs.

The therapeutic value of foods rich in the X Factor was recognized during the years before the second World War. Price found that the action of "high vitamin" Spring and Fall butter was nothing short of magical, especially when small doses of cod liver oil were also part of the diet. He used the combination of high vitamin butter and cod liver oil with great success to treat osteoporosis, tooth decay, arthritis, rickets and failure to thrive in children.

Other researchers used such foods very successfully for the treatment of respiratory diseases such as TB, asthma, allergies and emphysema. One of these was Francis Pottenger whose sanitorium in Monrovia, California served liberal amounts of liver, butter, cream and eggs to convalescing patients. He also gave supplements of adrenal cortex to treat exhaustion.

Dr. Price consistently found that healthy "primitives", whose diets contained adequate nutrients from animal protein and fat, had a cheerful, positive attitude to life. He noted that most prison and asylum inmates have facial deformities indicative of pre-natal nutritional deficiencies.
[END QUOTED SECTION]

The whole article is a very good read.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:51 AM   #65
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

All of the studies have good information to pick out. But the problem with any study is that the ones conducting them are more often then not trying to prove a point.
I can paste lots of studies that would disagree with the "we must eat meat" studies. And then someone could post studies that disagree with the studies that I just posted, and so on, probably forever in today's information age. 6969696

So putting all studies aside, I still say our anatomy is designed like that a herbivore.
They say some vitamins can only be found in meat. I bet that anything that can be found in meat, can be found in plants. We are so limited in the amount of plants we eat in today's diets that who knows what we could be missing. I have recently been juicing white pine needles. I tell you a tree has a certain energy that I never felt before.

What are vitamins really anyways? Can they even be seen under a microscope? What I know vitamins really are, is different wave vibrations, energy, like everything else. Maybe this is how scientists measure food to see what so called vitamins they contain, by measuring wave pattern?. I dunno, I just know that modern science has way over complicated everything.

I'm still convinced that anyone could live a long healthy life without the need for consuming flesh.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:08 AM   #66
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

http://www.westonaprice.org/tour/vegtourindex.html

Myth #11: The human body is not designed for meat consumption.

Some vegetarian groups claim that since humans possess grinding teeth like herbivorous animals and longer intestines than carnivorous animals, this proves the human body is better suited for vegetarianism (122). This argument fails to note several human physiological features which clearly indicate a design for animal product consumption.

First and foremost is our stomach's production of hydrochloric acid, something not found in herbivores. HCL activates protein-splitting enzymes. Further, the human pancreas manufactures a full range of digestive enzymes to handle a wide variety of foods, both animal and vegetable. Further, Dr. Walter Voegtlin's in-depth comparison of the human digestive system with that of the dog, a carnivore, and a sheep, a herbivore, clearly shows that we are closer in anatomy to the carnivorous dog than the herbivorous sheep. (123)

While humans may have longer intestines than animal carnivores, they are not as long as herbivores; nor do we possess multiple stomachs like many herbivores, nor do we chew cud. Our physiology definitely indicates a mixed feeder, or an omnivore, much the same as our relatives, the mountain gorilla and chimpanzee who all have been observed eating small animals and, in some cases, other primates (124).
Old 05-31-2009, 03:20 PM   #67
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Well I have read books and I am sure I can find studies that would disagree with Weston on those facts. I personally don't believe him.

I thought this was funny.

I recently picked me up some silkie chickens, the lady who I bought them raises all sorts of heritage breeds, she often shows them to schools and such. She was telling how many kids were absolutely shocked that eggs came from chickens. They thought eggs came from the grocery store.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 AM   #68
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecting with Sauce View Post
"The Gerson Therapy",
http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnut...aminasaga.html

"In recent decades, much vitamin-A research has focussed on its role in preventing cancer, and its use in combination with nontoxic therapies in the treatment of cancer. Unfortunately, research on the anticarcinogenic properties of vitamin A has not been widely adopted. Perhaps the most tragic example is Dr. Max Gerson, who treated many cases of terminal cancer with excellent results using raw liver juice, a rich source of vitamin A. In 1946, he testified before a US congressional committee on the success of his treatment, but it was subsequently ignored.3 "

Raw liver juice is not vegan.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #69
judykott
Avalon Senior Member

Karen, I really have to hand it to you. When you start an article you keep it going with great and valuable information. Thank you

also it is good no one is going for blood, over a topic which I have experienced on other sites getting very intense

Last edited by judykott; 06-01-2009 at 01:47 AM.
judykott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:14 AM   #70
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Thank you Judy - I wonder if this could turn out to be the only vegan/omnivore discussion that doesn't go violent?

I was just looking at the information on The China Study again. Here is an article that pretty well lays out the flaws in T. Colin Campbell's book. He does have some good information, but he only tells half the truth ...

Thumbs Down Book Review - by Chris Masterjohn
The China Study: Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long-Term Health

http://www.westonaprice.org/bookreviews/chinastudy.html
Conclusion paragraph
"The China Study contains many excellent points in its criticism of the health care system, the overemphasis on reductionism in nutritional research, the influence of industry on research, and the necessity of obtaining nutrients from foods. But its bias against animal products and in favor of veganism permeates every chapter and every page. Less than a page of comments are spent in total discussing the harms of refined carbohydrate products. Campbell exercises caution when generalizing from casein to plant proteins, but freely generalizes from casein to animal protein. He entirely ignores the role of wheat gluten, a plant product, in autoimmune diseases, so he can emphasize the role of milk protein, an animal product. The book, while not entirely without value, is not about the China Study, nor is it a comprehensive look at the current state of health research. It would be more aptly titled, A Comprehensive Case for the Vegan Diet, and the reader should be cautioned that the evidence is selected, presented, and interpreted with the goal of making that case in mind."
Old 06-01-2009, 02:31 AM   #71
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

A Thumbs Up Review

http://www.westonaprice.org/bookrevi...er-menace.html

The whole article is a good read and here are a few snippets from:

Fiber Menace By Konstantin Monastyrsky
Ageless Press - Reviewed by Kathryne Pirtle

"Fiber Menace describes major health problems that can develop from eating what's considered a modern healthy diet high in fiber from grains, vegetables, fruits, legumes and even fiber supplements. The author details how high-fiber diets produce large stools which stretch the intestinal tract beyond its normal range--eventually resulting in intestinal damage--and a drastic upset of the natural bacterial flora of the gut. The end results manifest as hernias, hemorrhoidal disease, constipation, malnourishment, irritable bowel syndrome and Crohn's disease. He also provides numerous medical references to show that high-fiber diets do not confer the benefits claimed for them."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Traditional peoples did not drink large quantities of water. Instead, they stayed hydrated with milk, fermented beverages and bone broth soups, which contribute abundant nutrient qualities and do not upset the body's homeostasis. Plus, traditional peoples consumed plenty of fat, which renders much more water during metabolism than proteins or carbohydrates.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"... but in this book he fails to emphasize the healing effects of bone broths, fermented foods, medium-chain fatty acids and liberal amounts of the fat-soluble activators A and D. (His book in Russian, Functional Nutrition, does emphasize these foods, and Monastyrsky tells us that he will be translating these sections into English and posting them at his website http://fibermenace.com.) "
Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #72
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

A section from http://www.mercola.com/article/carbo...low_grains.htm

Low Grain and Carbohydrate Diets Treat Hypoglycemia, Heart Disease, Diabetes Cancer and Nearly ALL Chronic Illness by Joseph Brasco, MD

" ... More recent evaluations of early man's nutritional patterns by Dr. Loren Cordain, estimate that as much as 65 percent of his calories were derived from animal products. Granted, early man was not eating corn fed Angus beef from Jewel, but he was eating the meat, the organs and the bones of his prey. Essentially, a high protein/fat diet. It was a mere 10,000 years ago (or less) that man began exploiting an agricultural niche.

This transition was made due to decreasing population of large game prey and an increasing population of humans. While undeniable good has transcended this dietary shift, i.e., growth of the human population, establishment of permanent settlements, the inception of civilization itself - man's health may have suffered in the transition.

Generally, in most parts of the world, whenever cereal-based diets were first adopted as a staple food replacing the primarily animal-based diets of hunter-gatherers, there was a characteristic reduction in stature, a reduction in life span, an increase in infant mortality, an increased incidence of infectious disease, an increase in diseases of nutritional deficiencies (i.e., iron deficiency, pellagra), and an increase in the number of dental caries and enamel defects.

In a review of 51 references examining human populations from around the earth and from differing chronologies, as they transitioned from hunter-gathers to farmers, one investigator concluded that there was an overall decline in both the quality and quantity of life.

There is now substantial empirical and clinical evidence to indicate that many of these deleterious changes are directly related to the predominately cereal-based diets of these early farmers. Since 99.99% of our genes were formed before the development of agriculture, from a biological perspective, we are still hunter-gathers.

Thus, our diet should reflect the sensibilities of this nutritional niche: lean meats; fish; seafood; low glycemic vegetables and fruit, (modern agriculture has significantly increased the sugar and starch content of vegetables and fruits over their Paleolithic counterparts), nuts and seeds - the evolutionary diet.

Glycemic Index

The term glycemic index, (GI) (a qualitative indicator of carbohydrate's ability to raise blood glucose levels), has seen a lot of mileage among the many non-ketogenic low carbohydrate diets. Most of these diets attribute the rise in obesity to the over consumption of high glycemic carbohydrates, and the subsequent over production of insulin." [end quote]

And much more at http://www.mercola.com/article/carbo...low_grains.htm
Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #73
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: Is Vegan/Vegetarian an Illuminati Deception?

People are often asking what is missing from a vegan diet, as many believe that ANYONE can be perfectly healthy eating vegan. Vegan means no animal products at all including eggs and milk. I think as long as you include eggs and/or milk the threats to health are vastly diminished.

Here's something about that from C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D.

VEGAN, LACTO-VEGETARIAN & LACTO-OVO VEGETARIAN NUTRITION (C)

All raw and all vegetarian diets have been fads pushed by many people. One Canadian
back in the 70's insisted on all raw because it prevented cancer. He died of prostate
cancer and, yes, monkeys do get cancer. Indeed even cacti get cancer!
Ellen G. White, founder of Seventh Day Adventism, and a phenomenal prophet, emphasized a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. BUT she warned that when you are ill, you need meat!

In general, eggs and milk products provide adequate quality protein. A VEGETABLE-
FRUIT- NUT- SEED diet does not provide any taurine, one of the essential amino acids,
and a majority of adults cannot produce taurine!! I have tested the blood of a
couple of dozen vegans and every one of them is deficient in one or more essential
amino acids.
In addition, there is NO vitamin B 12 in the vegetable kingdom. I have seen some seriously deficient B 12 in vegans-and that can ruin your brain and nervous system. On the other hand, eggs and milk products provide all essential amino acids and B 12! So, if you choose not to eat any meat, fish, or fowl, you NEED AT LEAST Whey Protein Isolate. The best I have found is BioDex, available at www.selfhealthsystems, 888-242-6105. Two scoops of that daily can supply all the essential proteins you need-and B 12.

If you choose this lacto-vegetarian diet, then be careful of the quality of your
vegetarian components. SUGAR is NOT a vegetable!! Nor is Un-Equal, NON-Splendor,
etc. And trans-fats are not real food. Monosodium Glutamate, MSG, is not a food!
Pop is not a food. Margarine is not a food. Chips and snack foods are not real
food.
Ideal Lacto-Vegetarian Nutrition:
Unlimited veggies, nuts, seeds and fresh fruits
2 scoops daily of Whey Protein Isolate
Include a serving of beans or legumes daily-the least gas producing are chick peas,
green peas, lima beans and roasted peanuts or Natural peanut butter
Brown rice, old fashioned oatmeal, barley, quinoa, buckwheat
Be careful of wheat and avoid virtually ALL store bought bread. Most is plain JUNK
There is No fast food restaurant food worth considering
REAL fast food is a piece of fruit and some pecans, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, etc
You need omega-3's and the best source (other than Alaska salmon) is flax seed or
chia

Now, of course, if you want an even better diet, add 2 organic
Omega-3 enriched eggs daily!

This was copied from his newsletter.
Here is his website: http://www.normshealy.com/

Last edited by Karen; 10-08-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #74
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

Wow, ch-ch-chia is not just a nifty xmas gift but full of omega-3 oil!

The things one can find out here on this forum are so cool!
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #75
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Alpro Soya milk is a very good. Prefect for a vegan and cow friendly.. Also grown in a sustainable way.. As being a Vegan is not just about consumtion its a philosophy..

A tasty blend of soya beans and water with calcium and vitamins.
ingredients:
Water, Hulled soya beans (6.4%), Raw cane sugar, Tri-calcium phosphate, Maltodextrin, Sea salt, Stabiliser: gellan gum, Vitamins: Riboflavin, B12, E and D2, Potassium iodide.
Nutritional values per 100g/100ml
energy value 43Kcal / 180KJ
protein 3.3g
carbohydrate 2.9g
of which
sugars 2.8g
lactose 0g
fat 1.9g
of which
saturated 0.3g
mono unsaturated 0.4g
poly unsaturated 1.2g