Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 12:31 AM   #26
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: God Is an "It"

@t3j: This Ah sound.. is this related to AUM (ie the chant, also known as OM ) ?
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:29 AM   #27
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
@t3j: This Ah sound.. is this related to AUM (ie the chant, also known as OM ) ?
A while back I got a meditation CD called "Meditation for Manifestation" by Wayne Dyre. On this CD he tells that an individual from the secret Tibetan Mystery Schools gave him the instructions for this simple meditation and told him he could tell the world about it so long as he did not profit from it. So he made a CD about it and donated all of the proceeds to charity. This CD was part of the PBS program that he did called "The Secrets of the Power of Intention".

According to Dr. Dyre the Ah sound by itself is the sound of the creator. Moreover, the sound Ohm is the sound of the creation itself, or the universe. The instructions for the meditation are in the mourning sometime you sit down to meditate for at least 5-10 min. You visualize golden white light comming up through the ground, up through your feet, you spine, and out through your fore head. After this you simply make the ah sound over and over until your mind stops rifling through thoughts and quiets down (takes a few weeks).

Then the Ohm sound comes at night with the same technique. I suppose you could mix the ah and ohm and say ahom. However, that was not the instructions that where given by the Tibetan Mystery Schools who are basically the goods guys from Atlantis.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:52 AM   #28
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

How about this for a solution . . .

When you think of God, visualize an invisible entity composed of nothing but energy - no form, no size, no color, no sound, just energy.

When you then wish to talk about this entity, try the following . . . .

Instead of saying something like, "God is the source of all life. He created all that exists. He lives forever. He will not die."

Say this, "God is the source of all life. God created all that exists. God lives forever. God will not die."

No gender is needed and the word God is not replaced with a male or female flavor.

The repetition of the word God is no harder to listen to than the repetition of the word He.

This way nobody with a gender issue needs to get upset.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:04 AM   #29
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

God...John Lennon God is a concept...we are all one

BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:01 AM   #30
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

And God said today....

Go Lakers

Woo Hoo

BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:40 AM   #31
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

I've noticed that many people from a Christian background seem to use the word "God" a great deal, and often seem to take it for granted that they understand what it means -- and that they're almost kind of on first name intimate terms with "God". The word is not the thing. Whatever "God" may be, I believe hypocrisy is surely one of the quickest paths in the opposite direction.

To somebody from a different religious tradition, that Christian name-dropping seems very presumptuous and probably hypocritical, and ignorant. Nevertheless, the Buddhists do sometimes refer to the universe, or Rhythm's "all that is," where Christians would talk of God. But Buddhists etc have some reference to the notion that you have to have reached enlightenment before you're ever truly in touch with That on an everyday level (and genuinely know that you are).

I understand that Judaism forbade any attempt to utter "God's name" for a number of centuries in the past. Personally, I like that idea.
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:51 AM   #32
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

I like to sample various videos regarding God on YouTube. I often watch certain clips over and over until the message really sinks in.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 06-28-2009 at 02:42 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:58 AM   #33
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

God is pure spirit (without shape or form). Spirit is that which animates. Incomprehensible, inscrutable. Attributes: intelligence, wisdom, knowledge, beauty, love, justice, foundation, power, strength.... which don't necessarily designate benevolence. To me, god is everything else nothing at all... the beauty & the beast and THAT is a hard nut to crack, ya think?

Apparently "we" believe there is One Ultimate Creator, the big kahunga right? which implies an entity? And I have always had a hard time conceptualizing this attribution of "it", THE god, being an entity because that brings to mind that there is an "outside" to "it".

There IS something I call God (though I'm about sick of that word myself, prefer Great Spirit) that is operational, that I attune to, that causes synchronicities, epiphanies, that feeling of being ALIVE which is what I think we are after, that of insight, growth, meaning, purpose, vibrancy.

God reveals and conceals... God is hidden right under our noses, within & without us. And there are forces, negative influences, infiltrative, even thoughts that pop in (like where did THAT come from kinda thing)... nature is both beautiful and frightening.... yawnnnnnnnnnnnn...I'm going to bed now, that 1/3 of life spent in what's called sleep only to arise in a dream called awake.

I'm getting to know ArchAngel Michael, a personification. Nite nite!
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 AM   #34
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

A Reading From the Twenty First Chapter of Leviticus: [Please read it for yourself]. The Word of the Lord? Thanks Be to God?

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 06-28-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #35
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

orthodoxymoron, yes, you've found a false god! The old testament is a wacky book that's for sure, and full of communications with jehovah's and yaweh's and a bunch of other fairly wacked out tribal and false gods. The God in the sky, the God outside of yourself... that's the one that said the quote to moses in leviticus, and that ones not real other than the reality co-creators give it!

The I AM that I AM however, is inside of you and you are a beautiful unique personification of it.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #36
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
…When you think of God, visualize an invisible entity composed of nothing but energy…just energy…
I really relate to this. I have started to focus on energy when I look around me. I take a daily walk and recently I’ve started thinking of all the people walking their dogs, the dogs, the cats, the squirrels, chipmunks, and birds I see in my neighborhood--as animated by the same energy I am--and that permeates the universe…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
…This way nobody with a gender issue needs to get upset…
Yeah! Maybe I don’t need my pronoun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraineeHuman View Post
...To somebody from a different religious tradition...
I like the idea now that God doesn't have a religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
orthodoxymoron, yes, you've found a false god! The old testament is a wacky book that's for sure, and full of communications with jehovah's and yaweh's and a bunch of other fairly wacked out tribal and false gods. The God in the sky, the God outside of yourself... that's the one that said the quote to moses in leviticus, and that ones not real other than the reality co-creators give it!

The I AM that I AM however, is inside of you and you are a beautiful unique personification of it.
One of the most wonderful things that Avalon has done for me is to help me overcome the utter FEAR and CONFUSION I used to cope with because of religion and the Bible. Some things I suspected intuitively, but it really helps a lot to read what others say. Gives me more confidence!!

Here's another thought I have about God:

I am beginning to think that God is not the creator. That God has always been here and so has the universe. I'm beginning to think that that makes more sense than it does that God would create itself and us.

What do you think about that?
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #37
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
I really relate to this. I have started to focus on energy when I look around me. I take a daily walk and recently I’ve started thinking of all the people walking their dogs, the dogs, the cats, the squirrels, chipmunks, and birds I see in my neighborhood--as animated by the same energy I am--and that permeates the universe…

Yeah! Maybe I don’t need my pronoun.

I like the idea now that God doesn't have a religion.

One of the most wonderful things that Avalon has done for me is to help me overcome the utter FEAR and CONFUSION I used to cope with because of religion and the Bible. Some things I suspected intuitively, but it really helps a lot to read what others say. Gives me more confidence!!

Here's another thought I have about God:

I am beginning to think that God is not the creator. That God has always been here and so has the universe. I'm beginning to think that that makes more sense than it does that God would create itself and us.

What do you think about that?
Aha yes water has always been water mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #38
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

When I felt the breeze of the trees
and saw the flight of the butterfly I was in awe.
When I looked upon the flowers bright
and the grasses growing tall

When I heard the larks first song
and saw the rabbit scurry by
Twas then I lifted up my eyes
and asked this god why?

I traveled further on
and ventured up the road
and chanced a beggar to see
begging for a loaf

I heard the babies hungry cry
clinging tight to mothers breast
and saw the throngs around about
and felt the tightness in my chest

I watched the waves crashing on
a shell bejeweled beach
and saw the gulls all reel and spin
and realised divinity was within reach

Twas then I felt the sting of salt
and the burning in my eyes
through laughter in the pouring rain
and smiles at sunny skies

I picked up a wind swept paper
and looked upon the news
war and death and evil wrought
but man he had to choose

Was this the work of god I asked
Was this in truth a dream?
I walked apace and sat there long
and listened to the stream

The water sparkled bright and clear
running onward down
in it's reflection where I gazed
I saw upon my face a frown

Who is this god I asked but once
who is this personage true
then I looked within and I did note
'Twas me, 'twas them 'Twas you.

The hatred lies and bitterness
the love the joy and hope
the death destruction and all manner of things
all are within this wide wide scope

That all is one and one is all
that tomorrow is today
That yesterday and forever
Is the fairground in which we play

That I am love and hate combined
The face you see in me tis true
That bhuddists catholics muslims all
are reflections of me and also of you

I awoke from my torpor
and shook my head in fright
I looked upon the day anew
twas then I saw the light.

I am god and god is me
the trees the air the light
all that is manifest
is all but one, it's light.

I have no answers for what who why where and if, about god, but what I do know is that we all are this thing we name, that we all of us including all that is animate and inanimate, all that is observable and all that is hidden from sight, this is that "thing" we call god. Remember also that god is not yesterday today and tomorrow, this thing we call god is Now. The multiverse is nothing but the Now.

Peace and Love to All

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #39
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

In the Beginning A vast calm Ocean of Consciousness in Deep Sleep

The 3 Tendencies intrinsic in Consciousness in Perfect Balance
The Trinity Rest In Peace in an Undisturbed Equilibrium

Then a ripple a movement a disturbance of some sort
And Consciousness is Awake and Aware and Alone

And Consciousness is Creative

And Consciousness Projects the Universe from Itself within Itself by the inherent Power of the Trinity

So All That Is came to be because of the Three Tendencies in Consciousness which is One

And everything is seeking back to balance
And everybody longs for peace of mind

And It will sleep again

And till then It is Awake and Aware of It All

It Is Everything Everywhere Ever

Last edited by RedeZra; 06-15-2009 at 02:27 PM.
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #40
Surial
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: God Is an "It"

TAG, you are IT
Surial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #41
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

and, "it" iS "YOU"

GOOD GOD - a truth that is higher than any religion

GOOD GOD - is YOU
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #42
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

The problem with my posts is the disruption and disorientation factor. Hopefully this is minimal here in this philosophical no-man's land of Avalon. But exercise extreme caution in the area of theology. It is a Pandora's Box. People sometimes divorce...go insane...commit suicide...etc...when they lose their faith. A pastor once told me not to get too deep into theology. I belonged to a church which prided itself on the fact that people studied their way into the truth of this faith. But later...many of their children went to college...and found out that all was not well with the faith...and studied their way out of the church. And all too often...no one other than their parents...seemed to give a rat's patootie. All too many of us received a swift kick on our way out the door.

The God of This World is Not the God of This Universe. I suspect a malevolent collection of aliens playing God...with a kingpin named Lucifer. Jesus tried to set us free. The Teachings of Jesus can help us to tap into the divinity which is in each of us. This is not an arrogant assertion. But it may be Us vs Them...and we need to understand this if we are going to stand up to Them...and Set Ourselves Free. I try to follow the words of Christ...but I am not waiting for him to come and save us. Beware of a staged UFO invasion and a staged Second Coming of Christ. God save us from our saviors...and we have nothing to fear but the fearmongers.

"God's work on Earth must truly be our own." (JFK)

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 06-15-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #43
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

god is an is ... imo
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #44
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
... I suspect a malevolent collection of aliens playing God...
If this is the case, I think they're animated by the same energy we are...

I think our solution to the predicament we're in here on earth regarding the New World Order and its associated tyranny is for us to get over our victim mentality and step up to the plate to take back our planet.

I think we do this by keeping on keeping on trying to reach out to our fellow humans so that we can reach critical mass of aware individuals who will then stop cooperating with the powers that be.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #45
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Achieving a critical mass of Christ-like beings(human and non-human) on Earth is the key to liberation. This will precipitate a global exorcism. I'm not anti-alien...just anti-demon. I speak in speculative generalities because the people in the know...don't seem to want us to know. They keep us guessing.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:24 AM   #46
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

"Achieving a critical mass of Christ-like beings(human and non-human) on Earth is the key to liberation."

I agree on the human part, this is the key. A critical mass of Christ Beings, a "Christ Mass" of people of planet earth (not aliens pretending to be humans - sorry aliens, you don't qualify for this part of the mission, this is not your planet) who surrender the illusion they are only human and replace it with the reality that they are infinite spiritual beings who, in Oneness with all life, are here to raise up creation from within, is required to make the shift into the golden age without the prophesied 'birth pains / cataclysms / atrocities'...

The question is, are YOU going to step up to the plate?

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 06-16-2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Cause I edit everything...
Old 06-16-2009, 12:48 AM   #47
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
If this is the case, I think they're animated by the same energy we are...
[/I].

Or, perhaps more to the point, they no longer receive energy from the source like you do, and they are therefore animated only by the energy they steal from us and that we give them.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #48
voltron
Avalon Senior Member

Yes. God is an "IT." God has no gender. Humans have contributed human traits to God to bring God closer to them. For this reason it does not affect me to hear people refer to God as He or She. Everyone must find God in their own way. I believe we are all just seeing God from different points of view.
voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #49
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
"Achieving a critical mass of Christ-like beings(human and non-human) on Earth is the key to liberation."

I agree on the human part, this is the key. A critical mass of Christ Beings, a "Christ Mass" of people of planet earth (not aliens pretending to be humans - sorry aliens, you don't qualify for this part of the mission, this is not your planet) who surrender the illusion they are only human and replace it with the reality that they are infinite spiritual beings who, in Oneness with all life, are here to raise up creation from within, is required to make the shift into the golden age without the prophesied 'birth pains / cataclysms / atrocities'...

The question is, are YOU going to step up to the plate?
I like this post. But if malevolent aliens are jerking our chain...we may need the help of benevolent aliens to accomplish a global exorcism. If malevolent aliens are holed up in heavily fortified Deep Underground Military Bases throughout the solar system...with reinforcements on the way...we may be in more trouble than we can possibly imagine. We probably need insiders...human and non-human...to be decidedly on the side of Responsible Freedom. I like the idea of interacting with benevolent aliens. I wouldn't even have a problem with some of them living on Earth...but they could never be our rulers or gods...and truly benevolent aliens would never play the part.

God is a Composite.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #50
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

I offer the following as a suggestion rather than as a dogmatic assertion. It seems to make sense to me, but it is not orthodox or widely believed. It could be considered to be heresy. So burn me!

The Trinity is avoided by a lot of clergy. It's a lot easier to speak of loving neighbor as self, than it is to speak of one God, in three persons. And we haven't seen any of them. That we know of, at least!

Is God the Father the one who sends fire down from heaven, makes rules, orders people to kill other people, is overbearing and authoritarian? Or is God the Father the same as God the Son, Jesus Christ? Jesus said, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father." So is it the first or second option? All of the above or none of the above?

Allow me to gingerly suggest that God the Father can be equated with what I refer to as God the Concept: The most ideal, yet realistic conceptualization of God, which changes constantly as times, knowledge, needs and perceptions change. God the Concept can be male, female, or a composite of the two. A combination of reality and fiction! There is enough reality for believers to believe, and enough fiction for doubters to doubt. I believe that God exists, but that it is still necessary to invent Him, or Her, at least partially!

And believe it or not, I say this with the utmost reverence and respect. I believe that God wishes for us to be open-minded and honest. If we are wrong, God can work with us on that. That is forgivable! If we are narrow, closed-minded, arrogant, and dishonest...well that comes very close to sinning against the Holy Spirit. God can't do a lot to help us at that point!

God the Father, as pictured in the Old Testament, was the conceptualization of God necessary to accomplish the foundational development of religion, with the door left wide open for future representations of God, and the advanced development of religion.

Is Jesus Christ the only Son of God, begotten, not made, of one being with the Father? Has God appeared in human flesh only once in all of history, and for only 33 years, and of that, with only 3 years of high-profile visibility?

Allow me to gingerly suggest that God the Son can be equated with what I call God the Human: The most God-like human, male or female, alive at any moment throughout human history, and inclusively, but not exclusively, Jesus Christ!

For practical purposes, to avoid confusion, and because they are true and ageless, the Teachings of Jesus are the absolute foundation of the Christian Church. They build on the moral teachings of the Old Testament without including the ceremonial and ritual teachings!

In the fullness of time, prophetically, Jesus Christ emerged as the most God-like person on the face of Planet Earth. Indeed, he was, and is God. No other human can make that claim! But Jesus said, "greater things will you do!" How could the followers of Almighty God do greater things than God Himself?

Jesus set the standard, and drew a line in the sand regarding character and behavior. But when Jesus came to Earth, He was on a mission-trip, not an ego-trip! Would you really respect someone who expected to be worshiped and praised? I do respect someone who walked the walk, talked the talk, and simply asked to be loved and taken seriously. In mind, character, and personality, others throughout subsequent history undoubtedly equaled the spirituality and morality of Jesus Christ. But it has not been their role to be the benchmark of humanity, the gold standard of righteousness!

In one sense, others have been God the Human, but not in the same sense as Jesus Christ. They have more precisely been God's Ambassadors to Planet Earth. These highly righteous people did not become the new foundation. These people must keep referring back to the life and teachings of Christ. That is the standard! It is their role to live the life of Christ, and to apply the teachings of Christ to their time. As Christians, we are followers of Jesus Christ. He is the foundation of the magnificent structure being constructed on Earth, called the Kingdom of God!

Is the Holy Spirit really real, and really God? Is the Holy Spirit the most real, most presently present, and most agelessly God?

Allow me to gingerly suggest that the Holy Spirit is the most God-like spirit being at any moment throughout spirit history. Not a single entity! Kindred spirit beings represent the mind, character, and personality of this primary spirit being to human beings here on Earth! Corporately, these spirit beings constitute the Holy Spirit. Omnipresent! They represent to us the living Christ, based upon the historical Jesus, and especially the teachings of Jesus. But the adaptation is contemporary!

The inverse of all that I have said above would constitute a Satanic Trinity! I believe in this reality as well. This is a very, very dangerous reality! This is why I plead with you to pray to God earnestly in the name of Jesus Christ, and with the power of the Holy Spirit! Pray! Don't delve, or play spiritual games! If you experiment rather than pray, you will undoubtedly end up playing with the Devil and the Demons!

I am saying this to scare the Hell out of you! Have I succeeded, or do you feel lucky? Satan would love to have you go ahead and make his day...

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 06-16-2009 at 11:24 PM.