Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Call for a Complete Survival Resource

So at the moment, I consider there to be several important things that we should concern ourselves with or focus on that being:

1.) Being informed about the world situation, and yes that means outside of CNN or the New York Times as we all know.

2.) Networking between other awakened & open-minded individuals, with the prospects of establishing self-sustained communities.

3.) Working internally within our own selves such as through self-realization of personal experiences and meditation.

4.) Compiling as much information as possible on helping one resolve this situation mainly through the notion of survival, either through hard copy information or putting it to memory.

So as I see it, we should seriously get a group together, to initiate our own project in coordination with Bill and Kerry to create a collection of materials that can be easily distributed to ourselves and whomever, instead of having a mishmash of everything for each person to organzie and digress through on their own (which can be a good thing too, as they will be more exposed to the information).

We could have a Category started on Avalon specifically for the collection of this information to be put together either in a group of PDFs, or one large PDF itself.

There is also the option of the open source Wiki engine to establish a website (WikiAvalon), it may be a way at first to start organizing a wide scale amount of information, which will also be intially available to whomever, in which we can then organize it from there into an actual single resource (PDF).

Things that I consider this resource should focus on:

1.) All forms of survival, especially the most basic
2.) Self-sustained communities
3.) Dealing with renegade governments, their potential strategies (NWO)
4.) Spiritual information such as with meditation
5.) Food production such as greenhouse designs and indoor growing
6.) Finding/establishing water sources, purification
7.) Efficient shelter designs, especially revolving around each climate
8.) Electrical generation, free energy, biodiesal
9.) EMP Protection/Shielding
10.) First aid, health care, holistic medicine
11.) Timelines/Scenario over the next few years, along w/ 2012
12.) Safe zones
13.) How to do/DIY information for things like: Making glass, metalworking/smelting, making bows/arrows
14.) Staying in communication, radios

That's the jist of them, but as more essentials are established, I will continue to edit this main post with the list. Thanks all!
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Call for a Complete Survival Resource

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
So at the moment, I consider there to be several important things that we should concern ourselves with or focus on...
I agree that survival information is important. However we are spread all over the map, and most of us I'm sure are folks of modest means who do not own farms or acreage in the boonies. So distributing supplies and resources would be next to impossible, while sharing information is easy as long as we have the Internet.

I like the idea of .pdf files.

One thing I've been predicting for years is that families will begin sharing housing, much like groups of hippies shared big places in the 60s. I've envisioned some of today's gated in this way and it strikes me that the possibilities are there. First people have to really get over the whole capitalist/owner paradigm. We're not there yet, but give it a couple of years.

I know a couple people who own land in Arizona or even Mexico, who have been preparing to go there and live. What I don't see is anyone opening up their properties to those who are interested in working to establish communities. As a veteran of those hippie communes of the 60s and some other alternative living arrangements I can tell you that the challenges are daunting. There are inevitable conflicts, and not everyone agrees with the group. I could tell you many stories. It's one thing to dream about self-sufficiency but quite another to make a piece of land feed a group; to provide water and energy; to keep everyone focused on what needs to be done before winter.

I hope this thread goes somewhere. I've been involved with other groups and portals where these issues get discussed but it's all talk. Seems like there might be some folks here who are really willing to do more than that.

Here are some areas I could contribute:

Living off the land, finding water, healing and edible plants

First aid preparedness and nutrition

Making necessary items such as soap and shampoo, lotions and balms

Repairing furniture, architectural restoration, creating and using simple technologies
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #3
TheGhost
Avalon Senior Member

Here's a survival tip: put on a few extra pounds in weight while you still can.
TheGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #4
Undooz
Avalon Senior Member

GregorArturo, This is a brilliant post!
Coalescing our shared info and wisdom into hard copy (or some other stand alone form of storage free of an electronic network) is a must in my personal view; and needs to be done asap.

It seems this thread will be best for deciding how to organize the info and actions rather than for posting the information itself.
{You may want to add/edit that request into the first post so the thread does not end up us a DIY and what-to-do laundry list}

Many detailed techniques can be found in the recently dedicated Resources section. There's also room for great threads in the Preparation and Advice sub-category. And fantastic Health info respectively. Spirituality is already an amazing range of helpful lore.

whitecrow, your excellent follow-up keyed in on one of the areas I'd like to help inspire everyone to contemplate when you said "sharing information is easy as long as we have the Internet".
GregorArturo has this in his original post as: "14.) Staying in communication, radios"

Let's say hypothetically the internets and other communication grids are suddenly not accessible tomorrow and don't come back up:

--- How will you continue planning with that person across town you've been getting to know and vibe with over the last first few days/months here on the Project Avalon forums?

--- As groups form what types of communication systems can be developed so that contact can be sustained between such communities?

I'd like people to ask themselves: 'No internet, no cellphone, no postal service, how in the heck am I going to stay in touch with..........!?'

My situation of living in a mega-hive-metropolis makes this a high priority personally. Having read a fair amount of survival material I have come across very little urban survival techniques and have yet to see detals on alternative ways of communication at both close and distant ranges.

The closest thing I've resonated with are old hobo signs from Depression era American. Ha, I even thought of those old movie westerns where the native peoples employed the use of smoke signals. Perhaps the remnants of hobo culture and native folk still work these wonders on some scale.

Coded communication may be truly pivotal in staying connected with other liked-minded individuals. Which leads back to one of GregorArturo's main points of us coming together in physical communities.
Be cautious about details you put on the forums. Save those for your in-person meets once the proper people connections have been made.
Edward Alexander posted this concern very well here.

Goddess knows I love forums but we gotta tie all these loose threads together. Remember, talk is cheap - it's what you do with all that talk that truly matters.

What are your thoughts on ways to stay in touch off the grids?
Are these concerns best discussed on their own thread?
Undooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
Pithiny
Project Avalon Researcher

I agree with the entire list, but we need to address communication issues way higher on the list. In my humble opinion, as we form into groups, communication OFF THE GRID should be of paramount importance.

I have no idea how to do this.
Pithiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #6
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

Hi, Telepathy is the answer. I will cover this in the meditation training program but its too early yet. There is HAM radio but this can be intercepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pithiny View Post
I agree with the entire list, but we need to address communication issues way higher on the list. In my humble opinion, as we form into groups, communication OFF THE GRID should be of paramount importance.

I have no idea how to do this.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

If you want to cover the whole survival prep and how to then i STRONGLY recomend this book.
The SAS Survival Handbook, by John Wiseman....isbn:0002171856

It covers how to survive every situation, edible and poison plants, Survival in all climates, shelter building, butching meat, snar/traps, nuclear fallouts, making soap, even down to making a filling for your tooth.

The only book you will need!
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #8
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: The Call for a Complete Survival Resource

Thanks for everybody responding. The list is by no means in hierarchical order of importance, it's just a list. I know their are plenty of other resources out there, but I am interested in a resource that is more complete and up to date than any other, specifically revolving around this situation. Also, I would also like to try to make several side editions pertaining to each climate/area in the world, which would require a local from each area to put together. This would focus most on the weather/climate patterns to that area, edible/poisonous wildlife, local resources, and how to guys to using those specific resources. Such as if there's a mushroom only native to the northeast, and there would be a description in identifying it, cooking it, making a dye from it, and medicinal uses. And you'd only have that info in the Northeast edition.

And btw, that book it costs money, and you have to get it somehow. This PDF, I want to get it to everyone freely, void of any copyrights, because soon copyrights and book costs probably won't even matter.

However, if that survival guide is available as a PDF, it would be great if you could share it.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #9
Undooz
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: The Call for a Complete Survival Resource

Thanks GregorArturo for the clarification on your original idea.

Your list did not come across to me as being in any hierarchical order of importance. I just wanted to impress that we need a fall back method to stay connected if we lose this or similar communication modes.

I'm interested to know if you have contemplated how the document logistically can get constructed.

...for me, a few base infrastructure ideas/questions come to mind:

One single document source will require moderators of sorts. Actually something more like editors. Editors that would apply a sense of filtering but more so folks that would be hyper-attentive to the organizational structure of the compiled information.

As we've seen in just a week or so here on Avalon, the plethora of information shared is truly stunning. However as with many forums before it, amongst the wheat is a lot of chaff.

--- 1. What would you suggest is the best way to handle the editing/compilation process? (i.e., requests submissions, search existing posts, external research, etc.)

--- 2. How many overseers do feel would be best to start with?

--- 3. Where (outside of this forum/site) could the document be mirrored/stored?

--- 4. How will the document be backed up physically in case of the loss of the grid(s)?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:44 PM   #10
MartyMcFailure
Avalon Senior Member

creating a high tech tribal utopia is the ultimate goal for us all. we need the hyperdimensional physics and free energy. survival is important.have u guys ever read john titor?
while i guess i wouldnt mind going back to the 1800's or the bronze age for that matter but i want things to be awesome not mad maxx
MartyMcFailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:41 AM   #11
Sky Otter

hi guys

i'm not off the grid and i really don't want to be in a commune..for most of the reasons stated...
anyway here is a source of info for any who want it..it is a homesteading mag and available on line at
www.countrysidemag.com
covers all the things you would need to know from soap making from scratch to organic gardening...
tons of really usefull stuff so i hope that helps

i thought years ago of moving but it ain't going to happen so i am doing what i can for where i am.. which is a small rural little boro of about 1500 humans and maybe 500 or so homes...the mill moved out and lots of empty homes...
i have volunteered for local gov to learn how things are run now..
and trying to talk to neighbors about survival..bring it up in any way possible ...gas shortage, banks look shaky..are all elections fixed?...
to see who thinks what...

i'm going to be here for the duration so i need to know who is nearby and how deep we can go with discussions..
it truly amazes me how aware most folks truly are..they just don't talk for fear of ridicule....

so my advise if i have any is check out the neighbors, the camping gear and see what you can come up with..solar showers are a great thing to have..and some seeds to plant and it is not hard at all to start a compost pile for good dirt..if you have a paper shreader and some veggie peelings or coffee grinds you are on your way.
this coming spring my front flower bed is going to be corn and pumpkins...
should be interesting to see how that goes down..
anyway good luck to us all and talk to the neighbors...you may be real surprised..you're goinna need someone to watch your back..why not the guy /gal who is already there?

wavin

oh yeah..my most recent motto is eatable landscaping....just planted thornless blackberry canes along the drive..
Old 09-13-2008, 01:49 AM   #12
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

This is a great thread. There is so much to go into. I live by the 4 G's

1. God
2. Groceries
3. Guns
4. Gold

Two great resources for Survival are:

The book by Stan and Holy Deyo called Dare to Prepare
http://standeyo.com/Our_Books/DTP.html#Anchor-49593
scroll down to look at the Table of Contents

And

Ferfal's blog http://www.ferfal.blogspot.com/

He lived through the collapse of the economy in Argentina in 2001. He tells all about it and he is a true survivalist. The US may see something similar to what happened there (perhaps much worse).

Thank you for posting this.
QUESTINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:12 PM   #13
clayman
Avalon Senior Member

I know whats first in my list, all Bill Hicks (comedian) recorded shows on my Ipod. I cannot survive one day without a good laughter =)

cheers
clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Questiny, thanks for sharing that resource. They seemed to of nailed the topic pretty damn good, probably about 80% of what I had in mind.

I think my next step is get this to Bill & Kerry's attention to see what they think, cause I would be completely dedicated to it, and hopefully spearheading it. In essence, I want to take information that is be posted on these forums and organizing it, making it readily available to EVERYONE.

I would think the end goal would be trying to burn the collection of documents on CDs to distribute to everyone, everywhere, while highly recommending people to get hard copies via printing it. Maybe even doing a DVD instead, to also include all of Camelot's interviews. Oh ideas.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #15
Andre
Avalon Senior Member

Great topic GregorArturo.

I think that it would be a good idea for Bill and Kerry to place a link either at the top or on the left sidebar with PDF or Audio/Video links that contains the complete survival resources. This would make the resources readily available without the need to navigate other forums or sub-forums.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #16
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

So it looks like this fell off from on the importance list to other. In that case, I'll tackle it myself, as I've already started amassing PDFs and documents. If anyone thinks there are some crucial resources to share, it would be greatly appreciated otherwise I will just be getting accumulating what is already on this forums then host it on my website for all to download, and create an image file/ISO or zip file to be distributed on Torrents.

Thanks to all of those for the previous support of the idea!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #17
Northboy
Avalon Senior Member

Check out some of the stuff I've been posting today.
Northboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #18
bodzoyfa
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
So it looks like this fell off from on the importance list to other. In that case, I'll tackle it myself, as I've already started amassing PDFs and documents. If anyone thinks there are some crucial resources to share, it would be greatly appreciated otherwise I will just be getting accumulating what is already on this forums then host it on my website for all to download, and create an image file/ISO or zip file to be distributed on Torrents.

Thanks to all of those for the previous support of the idea!
No man, its a very good idea. I have publicly posted to Bill a few times and he has responded in less than 24 hours both times. It wouldnt be too hard to do from an internet standpoint. Actually now that I think more about it, its a great idea!! Pursue it or else send me a copy if you create a database!

Cheers brother
bodzoyfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:17 AM   #19
Undooz
Avalon Senior Member

I've been discerning slowly and realizing steadfastly that forums are not conversations at all.

Like the sound of one hand clapping.
Expect in this case it's thousands and thousands of single hands.

Last edited by Undooz; 10-07-2008 at 11:20 PM. Reason: reconsidering Avalon