Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 11-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Bank executives enjoy SECRET £300,000 champagne party... just weeks after £20bn 'aid'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...taxpayers.html

The Royal Bank of Scotland has blown £300,000 on a secret champagne junket for executives - less than a month after being given a £20billion handout by the taxpayer.
Bankers and their partners enjoyed the lavish party to mark their 'success' after a year in which the collapse of the banking industry led to global financial meltdown.

The supposedly stricken bank laid on the celebration amid extraordinary secrecy to try to prevent details reaching the public, even cancelling the original venue, a top hotel in Hampshire, and transferring the party 350 miles north to Edinburgh.
Bank executives enjoy SECRET £300,000 champagne party... just weeks after £20bn bail-out by taxpayers
By Sam Greenhill
Last updated at 11:31 AM on 10th November 2008
Comments (93) Add to My Stories
The Royal Bank of Scotland has blown £300,000 on a secret champagne junket for executives - less than a month after being given a £20billion handout by the taxpayer.
Bankers and their partners enjoyed the lavish party to mark their 'success' after a year in which the collapse of the banking industry led to global financial meltdown.

The supposedly stricken bank laid on the celebration amid extraordinary secrecy to try to prevent details reaching the public, even cancelling the original venue, a top hotel in Hampshire, and transferring the party 350 miles north to Edinburgh.
Dancing in the street: Bankers threw a lavish party to celebrate 'success'
But despite holding the black-tie ball in private, executives gave the game away as they danced in the street and continued the fun back at their five-star hotel.
In the public bar of the Caledonian Hilton other guests were singing and swigging double brandies into the small hours of yesterday.
Entertainment: Comic Patrick Kielty told jokes about the credit crunch at the HBOS bankers gala dinner
Meanwhile, more than 300 HBOS bankers enjoyed a boozy £330,000 junket - complete with five-star hotel rooms and a four course meal.

The 302 Halifax/ Bank of Scotland mortgage staff, along with 68 guests, guzzled down champagne while watching TV comedian Patrick Kielty - who charges £20,000 a show - tell jokes about the credit crunch, the News of the World reported.

cont.on link above.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Bank executives enjoy SECRET £300,000 champagne party... just weeks after £20bn '

Well spotted, did it make the front page I wonder?
It bl***y well should have.

Last edited by AndyH; 11-10-2008 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typo...far too much whisky :)
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Default Re: Bank executives enjoy SECRET £300,000 champagne party... just weeks after £20bn '

I think its funny how they take the **** out of us
Tossers the lot of them
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

After my original posting of this concerning a "slap up mrs.miggins' party" i wonder if this was their discussion while they laughed and became intoxicated?
November 14th.
http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sha...ory_id=2457585
RBS to sack 3,000 worldwide,
LONDON (SHARECAST) - Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) is set to fire as many as 3,000 of its global worldwide over the next few weeks as it struggles to cope with tougher economic conditions.

About 1,000 jobs are expected to go in the UK, according to reports today, with staff at risk across the firm’s global banking and markets unit in more than 50 countries.

The high street branches, including NatWest, are thought to be unaffected.

Royal Bank, which employs 170,000 people, of which about 100,000 are in the UK, has already predicted its first ever full year loss and wants £20bn from the British government’s bank bail-out plan.

The news comes just a day after BT announced it planned to shed 10,000 jobs by the end of the current financial year.

The job losses, part of ongoing efficiency programmes, will mostly impact the telecoms giant's indirect labour, including agency, contractors, subcontractors and offshore workers, said the company. With 4,000 jobs already gone, another 6,000 will disappear by the end of March.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Antaletriangle,

I think this sort of behaviour terrible also.

if the account holders at te RBS really wanted to protest, they should just withdraw all of their savings from the bank for one week.

That should put a stick in the spokes.

Where as all the integrity gone?

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
After my original posting of this concerning a "slap up mrs.miggins' party" i wonder if this was their discussion while they laughed and became intoxicated?
November 14th.
http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sha...ory_id=2457585
RBS to sack 3,000 worldwide,
LONDON (SHARECAST) - Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) is set to fire as many as 3,000 of its global worldwide over the next few weeks as it struggles to cope with tougher economic conditions.

About 1,000 jobs are expected to go in the UK, according to reports today, with staff at risk across the firm’s global banking and markets unit in more than 50 countries.

The high street branches, including NatWest, are thought to be unaffected.

Royal Bank, which employs 170,000 people, of which about 100,000 are in the UK, has already predicted its first ever full year loss and wants £20bn from the British government’s bank bail-out plan.

The news comes just a day after BT announced it planned to shed 10,000 jobs by the end of the current financial year.

The job losses, part of ongoing efficiency programmes, will mostly impact the telecoms giant's indirect labour, including agency, contractors, subcontractors and offshore workers, said the company. With 4,000 jobs already gone, another 6,000 will disappear by the end of March.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah Steve-i don't know about integrity,i think integration is the only word these lot understand,as in bank integration,!lol.Cheers,Wayne.