Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 02:22 AM   #1
Zelphael
Avalon Senior Member

Default A tarot reading looking at the years 2009-2012, very interesting!!

I thought you guys and gals here would enjoy reading this. Just finished the reading and typed it up as I knew I had to share this.

I did a tarot spread for each of the next 4 years leading up to 2012. I've got some pretty interesting results. I pulled two cards for each year to get an overall "feel" for the "energy" of how the year goes.

For 2009: 8 of Swords indicates a sense of entrapment and enslavement... The "barriers" or "prison bars" closing in and a feeling of hopelessness about our situation. I get the feeling from this that it may indicate world powers will begin to more forcibly move towards centralisation and strict control.
The woman in the card is bound and blindfolded so presumably she KNOWS that she is imprisoned or kidnapped. This especially interesting connecting with the second card for the year which is the Queen of Cups, who is perceptive and aware... I think this indicates that we will start to become more aware and awake to the control being exerted over us by malevolent forces in the world stage.
This leads on very well to the cards for the next year.

2010: This is definitely a year of proletarian uprising. The Page of Pentacles is motivated, goal-oriented and attentive. This may resemble a humanity which is fast becoming aware of the control that is going on, but the next card, 7 of Wands, is a sneaky, deceitful, underhanded card where responsibility is shirked and people want to "go it alone" rather than stick together. I had to look up more detailed meanings to this card and I found, "being afraid to face the music", "hiding from the truth", "holding people at arm's length", "deciding not to help"... and whole other range of perfectly depressing descriptions. It seems that humanity may just be too self-centred and too individually oriented to want to do anything about the downward spiral of world events.

2011: I'm afraid the news is again bad. The King of Swords is the PERFECT "angry, controlling, authoritive government(s)" card, if there ever was one, and in connection with the 4 of Pentacles (a king greedily gripping on to a coin and keeping the others firmly under his feet) shows governments who are resisting as much as possible from having to give up the amount of control and resources they have kept. 2011 looks like an aggressive year of behaviour from the authoritive powers who are desperate to maintain control as they always have done.

2012: The LAST EVER YEAR in this cycle of the mayan long count (a 5126 year long period, which is remarkable that we will live to see the end of, and the start of the next one). The cards for this year are utterly amazing. Firstly comes The Sun. In my deck, this is winged (which may invoke Nibiru imagery for some... I won't go into this possibility, but it might be).

The imagery of the Sun card is amazing and very deep. I could not fully express all the hidden layers in this card... but an online search of description gives this list:
---
Becoming enlightened, understanding, finding the sense behind the chaos, attaining a new level of insight, having an intellectual breakthrough, getting to the heart of the matter, realizing the truth.
Experiencing greatness, achieving prominence, being singled out for notice, having a personal moment of glory, setting an outstanding example, shining forth brilliantly, demonstrating distinction, becoming the center of attention.

Feeling vitality, becoming radiantly energized, bursting with enthusiasm, experiencing joy, feeling invigorated, getting charged up, enjoying great health, having assurance.

Feeling free and expansive, honoring your true self, knowing you can succeed, being confident, believing in your worth, trusting your abilities, forgiving yourself.
---

It seems like Earth is in for a MAJOR boost of enlightened consciousness and positive evolution.

But it won't come without trouble.

The second card is The TOWER.

A tower falling apart in utter chaos, being struck by lightning from the heavens as all of foundations are destroyed. The old ways of thinking and the structures of the old world completely crumble and fail to operate. A destruction, a wiping away of the old to begin upon a new foundation. A total breakdown... but after all of this, THE SUN will usher in a new era for us to begin again and live in harmony with one another and the planet.

Damn. Pretty epic.

Now just 4 years to ride this out and see how it all plays.

I also did a reading for the US election next week: cards and brief interpretation over in the livejournal tarot community.
Zelphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:29 AM   #2
Tuza

Default Re: A tarot reading looking at the years 2009-2012, very interesting!!

Thanks for that, I have been doing Tarot for about 25 years and a lot of readings I have done for peope have proven correct, don't have much luck with the pendulum though.

I must admit everytime I asked the Tarot about Blossom's prediction I came up with a negative everytime, I should have listened, I suppose I wanted it to happen, but I find my spreads are pretty much on target.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #3
Zelphael
Avalon Senior Member

So what is your take on the cards I drew...?
Zelphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:36 AM   #4
Tuza

Your interpretation of the cards fits exactly with what mine would be if I drew those cards.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:34 AM   #5
333mark333
Avalon Senior Member

Location: The Western Shore of the Hudson Bay-churchill, manitoba, canada

Thanks Zelphael I too have a love for the tarot and i find mine to be right on! The spread looks really good and seems to play out as thought it might.
The Sun and the Tower are Awesome!!
333mark333 is offline   Reply With Quote