Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
JoMo
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Spiritual confusion...

HI everyone,

I have been bothered for a long time about spirituality. I know many of the interviews have spoken of getting in touch with yourself and training your heart and mind. My question to all is how to do this and what they're take on this subject is. I have done the spiritual help on http://www.ascensionhelp.com/ but spiritual growth is tough.

I will appreciate any comment- I am hoping for advice, tips, or their personal opinions.

Thanks
JoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:24 AM   #2
majorlee
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Spiritual confusion...

Hi

this was a question for me too a few years back

i stumbled on to a book by a french guy called Rael

his website is here and you can download the books for free

http://www.rael.org

direct link... http://rael.org/download.php?list.2

he explains all about how to awaken the mind and grow spiritually - also has some tips for the up coming events and how to train yourself for them

best wishes with your personal development

PS - just saw your quote from Ghandi, great stuff he was such an amazing light in this world
the one i like is....

An Eye for an Eye Only Makes the World Go Blind

love rich

Last edited by majorlee; 09-09-2008 at 12:31 AM.
majorlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:35 AM   #3
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

hiya JOMO..well, for my £2 worth...spiritual growth isnt something u 'learn in a book'
I have read many, and become more informed..but it really comes in moment to moment thoughts/actions/awareness...

it is an ongoing journey..highs lows mistakes and triumphs, they are all part of the growth..
namste!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
fastarr
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by fastarr; 10-07-2008 at 05:19 PM.
fastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #5
majorlee
Avalon Senior Member

but would not agree its better if you have a guide to help you find your way?

and yes firehorse its an ongoing journey alright!!! by using our consiousness to the best way we make the journey an amazing one

love x

Last edited by majorlee; 09-09-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:00 AM   #6
Henry Deacon

Follow YOUR heart.

You will be fine if you do.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:16 AM   #7
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

You know how it feels when you help someone or put others first before yourself-there's a great feeling inside when appreciation is exchanged,well, if you carry on with this in mind you won't go far wrong;this means being truthful even if it means self sacrifice and ridicule from others-this is momentary;you've done the good deed here and will be noted at a later date(if you understand that?).It may sound selfish-it really isn't,everyone is onto a winner if this 'doctrine' is applied to your everyday life.It can be really simple if you are able to step back and look at the bigger picture,i realise life can behard-this is the whole essence of the formula as we stand now-look inside it's far more vast than looking into space through an 8inch MEADE!!lol.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:19 AM   #8
majorlee
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Deacon View Post
Follow YOUR heart.

Beautiful words Henry, i did just that myself recently and i'm in a well of happiness

the beatles made a good song "A Little Help From My Friends"

love yourself, hug yourself, but give everything you can to others in any way possible

love u all
Old 09-09-2008, 01:48 AM   #9
JoMo
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the posts so far. It has been 2-3 hours since I posted my question and I greatly appreciate the comments.

What I have been bothered by is the dissenting opinions on meditation and specifically on defining spirituality. Despite my vast ignorance, I know that love is key to the evolution of the man and the universe. What troubles me though is this talk of ascension, and spiritual fast track as we come closer to 2012. Religion tells me to be kind, loving, and submissive of God's will. In doing that I gain entrance into heaven and eternal happiness. However, I feel just breaking even with the 'good deeds' and the 'evil' are not good enough. I truly want to grow and leave what is becoming an increasing egocentric society. Not only that, I want to exhort my friends and family to not choose materialism, but to break free and appreciate greater things. As being an aware individual compels me to help others, I search for ways to make myself useful.

Anyways I would carefully read any suggestion and try to understand it from the heart.

Thanks
JoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:54 AM   #10
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

Ok, here is how it was explained to me as I can be a bit dense sometimes. Religion is for people who wish to go to heaven, and spirituality is for people who have been to hell. If this is true, I am a very spiritual person. This explanation has helped me a lot with inner turmoil.

Jerry
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:23 AM   #11
majorlee
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Thanks for the posts so far. It has been 2-3 hours since I posted my question and I greatly appreciate the comments.

What I have been bothered by is the dissenting opinions on meditation and specifically on defining spirituality. Despite my vast ignorance, I know that love is key to the evolution of the man and the universe. What troubles me though is this talk of ascension, and spiritual fast track as we come closer to 2012. Religion tells me to be kind, loving, and submissive of God's will. In doing that I gain entrance into heaven and eternal happiness. However, I feel just breaking even with the 'good deeds' and the 'evil' are not good enough. I truly want to grow and leave what is becoming an increasing egocentric society. Not only that, I want to exhort my friends and family to not choose materialism, but to break free and appreciate greater things. As being an aware individual compels me to help others, I search for ways to make myself useful.

Anyways I would carefully read any suggestion and try to understand it from the heart.

Thanks

The best way to help others is to help yourself!!

people will see a change in you for the better (hopefully lol) and will try and follow your example, they will ask you why you are so happy to be un-materialistic and question themselves with your answers

almost what ghandi is saying in your signiture

i dont believe in God but i do want to make the best choices for an eternal life, what is important is the present, now, here! do the best you can from now on, but remember we are humans given free will, so we all make mistakes sometimes!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:53 AM   #12
Cookie
Avalon Senior Member

I've been on my spiritual (true self) path for almost 40 years and I can tell you one truth... our true selves are vibrations.. this you probably already know. Vibrations resonate with vibrations... in other words, when a spiritual person is in communication with another spiritual person their vibrations will attune to each other. When this happens, a 'doorway' is created that allows for growth. You do not have to be in the physical presence of one another for this to happen. Vibrations emanate sound and sound travels around 740 miles per hour, depending on air temperature. Lol! I always have to have science in my spirituality and spirituality in my science!!!

This is how I experience my path... others will experience their path in their own way...
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:02 AM   #13
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Deacon View Post
Follow YOUR heart.

Yup...3 simple words

"follow your heart"
Henry Deacon

eXcellent advise

love/susan
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:45 AM   #14
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=eXchanger;30424]Yup...3 simple words

"follow your heart"
Henry Deacon

eXcellent advise

love/susan
the eXchanger[/QUOTE

From the moment you incarnate, you are on the path.
We gather experience from one flower and take it to the next like bees . I guess the question is are we concious on the path. All paths lead back to the source.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:19 AM   #15
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

I don't feel a blanket truth in regards to a spiritual path.
I feel that we cannot get this wrong.
I feel that unconditional love lifts me into my conscience, my conscience protects me from my ego.
Unconditional love is my essence, my highest truth, a chrysalis.
When I exemplify unconditional love in thought & action, the next step in the bliss I prefer shows up, every time.

I had a very vivid visual of all humans stopping what they were doing, turning to one another and saying, " Thank you, I love you."
When I reflect on & feel that visual, I help it manifest into reality.
It feels like home.

So, thank you, JoMo. I Love you.
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:29 AM   #16
Phoenix
Avalon Senior Member

Sometimes you can't see the woods for the trees

It is a question most people get hit with and there is no easy answer. This is a channeling from Archangel Raziel, maybe it can help, The Keys To Life.

What Is The Key To Life?

"Love is the Key to life for there is no door Love cannot open.

If you deny God you deny your very self. There are those who fear the word God and turn away as in many of your new religions and beliefs – they turn away from the expression of the word God, this is a response based on fear – fear being the opposite of Love, how can you understand the Devine expression of Love if you fear it?

Real Love is the Divine expression of All, it is all things, it is in everyone. There is Love, there is fear, fear is the absence of Love.

There is Light and there is Darkness, Darkness is the absence of Light. There are those who choose Light yet live in fear, how can that be?

You must learn to differentiate and understand the concept of Light, the concept of Love and they joining of the two because the two are in fact one, you can live in Light and fear, this is a failure to understand Divine nature. You can live in Love and Darkness – this is the same thing, both will block your path, it is only when you understand the nature of the Devine, the nature of God can you truly understand who you are and why you are here.

But love can be such a struggle for many of you and that is because you do not understand it. For many, Love brings pain, pain from relationships that for whatever reason failed, failed because an expectation was not met. Love, real Love has no expectations, let me explain.

Like I said before, Love is the Devine expression, there are no barriers, conditions or expectations, there is only Love, that is all there is. You often confuse what you think is Love primarily romantic Love but this can be relevant to all relationships including family. You Love with conditions. You create conditions from which Love will be given and received and should those conditions not be met, you withdraw that Love. With the loss of Love comes pain. Pain should never be a symptom of Love but for you humans, it often is.

When a relationship fails it is though a death has occurred leaving a huge void in your heart. This can cause such suffering and those who are suffering, we truly feel for you for although we cannot understand it – we know only Love, we feel for you and the pain you have to endure.

It is not the breaking of the heart as you say, it is like the breaking of the soul leaving you with that empty feeling. This is because the soul needs to Love to grow.

So why do you feel that?

That is part of the human condition, it is part of your learning – that is after all why you are here, however it is so unnecessary, for deep inside you already know, your soul IS LOVE, it is part of the Divine yet it gets clouded by your misconceptions of what Love is and should be.

This happens when as a child. Children know and understand real Love for the Love of a child is pure and not tainted by conditions yet soon that child learns that certain behaviors bring increased levels of Love shown by the parent and when other behaviors are displayed, Love seems withdrawn and replaced with something much less pleasant! This continues into adult life when certain behaviors bring expressions of Love while others bring the lack of Love, sometimes terminally.

We so wish you would understand this concept and understand that Love, true Love is given freely without expectation.

Ask yourself this: Do you Love? Do you really Love? Can you give and accept Love without conditions?

It is only when this is understood can you really Love for it is after all, the Devine expression that is God and God is within each and everyone of you!

Of all the mysteries of life that should be the easiest one to understand yet you make it so difficult for yourselves!

Love seems to bring so much sorrow and pain and should that occur, we stand beside you offering comfort, offering Love, you just need to request it.

Why does Love fail?

Love never fails, it is your concept of Love that fails. In romantic relationships, Love often gets substituted by need and when that need subsides, so does the feeling of Love. Each and every one of you forms romantic relationships, this is part of the Divine creation. And this can be very intense, you may feel that the person is your as you say, soul mate and while as a rudimentary concept is true, many are destined to end and when it does we grieve with you as the contract you have established between you has been fulfilled.

This contract was decided upon before your incarnation where there is a set of goals to be accomplished as part of your learning – this also includes your Karmic responsibility. Once this contract has been completed the relationship may fail however, you as humans have your Divine gift of free-will to exercise, you may choose to continue the relationship as many do because you still Love, even being unaware your contract has ended or even existed!

Learning to let go is such a difficult thing for you to do and we feel for you, when you were a couple, so were your souls, just as the couple became one entity, it is though the soul does too (although this is not quite the case) nevertheless, the separation of the souls is that which causes such pain and suffering and it can be a desperate time, so hard to move on but that is what you must do.

You cannot live in the past no more than you can live in the future, you can only live in the here and now, the present.

“You often go through cycles of love and pain which remember is the result of your misconception and conditions of love, you confuse that “giddy,” feeling as love whereas Love, real Love manifests as Joy! Find what it is that brings you Joy, that is the path to Love.

One fundamental example of this is the Joy a parent feels at the birth of a child as the child is placed upon your arms, this is absolute Joy, this is absolute Love.

There are many things in life that can bring you Joy, these are for your own discovery, you have been given the tools of searching, you have been given this amazing planet called Earth and all upon it. Find what brings you Joy, this will bring you Love – The Divine expression of God!”

Hope

Hope is the salvation of despair for there is always hope, even in the most difficult of times even when all may seem lost. Do you think you stand alone? Loneliness can bring daggers of pain which stab at the heart but you must realise you are never alone.

Even the Christ felt the pain of despair and the loneliness when all around him was lost for despair will challenge the strongest of souls.

You have an army of helpers waiting by your side, your guides, your guardians and us, the Angels who’s number is infinite, we are at your disposal. But you must ask us into your life for the Law of free-will can not be broken.

Often times you are blind to our very existence yet even those who are without Faith or following call out to us in times of need.

We cannot right wrongs for you, we cannot change the Divine plan but we can give aid and comfort in times of need. But know that there is always Hope for as long as the sun rises bringing forth a new day there is a new beginning. You are the creators of your own life and each day gives you the chance to change, to re-create who you are, to re-create your life.

As I said before, you cannot live in the past, you cannot change the past and you must let go, for to hold on is like holding a hot coal. You must concentrate on this exact moment in time for what you do today will create your future, the future is determined by you!

For all those who feel in despair, take heart for there is always hope, always.

Faith

Faith is a most powerful thing, as it is said in the Bible, faith has the strength to move mountains. While this is of course not physically possible, it is the meaning behind it, if you have Faith you can truly do anything!

Faith is your belief, your belief in God, your belief in Angles and all in the service but just as important is the belief in yourself. If you have no belief in yourself why would any others?

There are many times it would appear your Faith is tested, was the Christ not tested in the desert? Your Faith may dwindle under the pressure of life and some of you may fail, you may lay down your arms and surrender, this brings such sorrow to us to see this happen. Not only do you give up on us but you give up on yourself.

If you can realise and hold Love in your heart this will be the barrier or wall to protect your Faith because he who loves all is surely a Master!

There can be no despair for you if you hold this Love because what you hold is everything, it is the All, it is the Divine expression of God, IT IS GOD!

Charity

It does not matter how hard or difficult your life may appear, there are always those in a worse position than you. Humans are a very charitable people and much good is done upon your planet by the giving of the people. This is one of the pillars of your creation.

But think this – Charity is not about giving money, that is one act of charity, Charity is giving of Yourself! For all humans carry within them the most noble of gifts, that is Compassion. Go through your life with Compassion, it is one way of giving of yourself, giving a part of you to another.

With the increase of compassion comes Empathy – the ability to “feel” for those around you. No life is wasted and if you can enhance someone else’s life by understanding how they feel and by giving a part of you, the riches you may receive in return cannot be measured by any monetary system.

If you all exercised Compassion and Empathy there would be no wars, there would be no conflict, there would be peace and harmony. Compassion is the doorway to Love.

To see the example of Compassion look at the story of the Christ. Did he turn away the sick, the old, the destitute? By showing compassion you show Love of the Highest kind.

You asked what the Key to Life is, well I have told you, it is now up to you to use these three Keys, Faith, Hope and Charity for they will bring you the final and Highest Key and that is Love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ascension

There is much talk about Ascension in these times as great instability falls across the land bringing the most tumultuous of changes. Many theories and beliefs exist around this and I would like to briefly speak upon this.

Your planet has transitioned into the Photon Belt and is being bombarded with this new energy, energy which has not been seen on your planet for many thousands of years, just as it brought great change for the Atlanteans, it will also bring great change for you.

The complete fabric of your existence is being unthreaded bit by bit and while this may impress that it is being destroyed think not of it like that. These threads will be re-woven into the next phase of your existence. It is now more important than ever to exist in your Highest Vibration, be the best person you can be – use the Keys I have discussed.

You have all chosen to be here at this time like a mighty band of warriors set to liberate your planet.

There are and will be forces in opposition to thwart every move but fear not for you have the Divine purpose on your side, battles may be lost but do not dwell upon it for a war is still to be won – this war will rage within the hearts of you as your physical paradigm dissolves leaving much confusion. Many of you will fall and this may be considered failing but in truth none fail.

The Light is always available to all and you must use your collective conscious at its highest vibration in harmony for each other. This may be a trying time yet it is an exciting time to be alive!

Do not concern yourself with the question of Ascension for all Ascend. Isn’t the physical death an Ascension?

You see, the question is too focused on Ascension and this is taking your focus away from the real question in hand.

Rather than ask how can I Ascend, ask how can I exist in pure LOVE!

This is the Highest of Ascension, this has been the successful conclusion to many Masters who walked your Earth, aren’t they now called Ascended Masters?

You can start on your path today, that is your choice, that is your free-will to decide.

I have revealed some things to you, things which may now appear obvious!
We hope you see it’s meaning and take it into your heart and live by them, be them."
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:38 AM   #17
Greg10036
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
Yup...3 simple words

"follow your heart"
Henry Deacon

eXcellent advise

love/susan
the eXchanger
Amen Sister.
Greg10036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:58 AM   #18
Metamike
Avalon Senior Member

I will appreciate any comment- I am hoping for advice, tips, or their personal opinions.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Check out these books they are free pdf files.
http://www.acnlp.no/textsider/Englis...blications.htm
Metamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:52 AM   #19
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
HI everyone,

I have been bothered for a long time about spirituality...I will appreciate any comment- I am hoping for advice, tips, or their personal opinions.

JoMo, the reason it's so hard to lead someone else on this path is that it is a different path for everyone. I could describe my path - or the Buddha could describe his - and although you would no doubt achieve deep insights, it would never be your path.

It never hurts to gain an overview of the world's great historic religions. This will give you an map of sorts, of how spiritual knowledge has crystalized in various places and eras. Mind you, religion and spirituality are not the same thing. All religions begin as radiant zones inspired by a human manifestation of the divine consciousness. But in time, they all degrade into dogma and mind control. Nevertheless, by reading some of the major scriptures of the world you will begin to understand that behind the social teachings aimed at a particular culture and era, religion always teaches the same things. And these things are the essence of true spirituality.

Surprise: you already know them. Love God. Love others. Be kind, patient and forgiving. Practice the Golden Rule, which is expressed in the scriptures of every religion.

There are many, many spiritual writings of a nonreligious nature as well. Eventually though you must leave the outer stimuli and move within. This is a process, not an event. It is a lifelong journey.

I often suggest to people that they write a Manifesto or Statement of Intentions. This will help you clarify what you believe and focus on what you truly wish to do with your life. And of course, you can change it as often as you like. I go back and look at mine once or twice a year. Every ten years or so, I re-write it completely.

Don't feel you have to "become spiritual." Jesus was telling the truth when he said, "Seek, and you will find." You're a seeker, or you wouldn't be here.

Last edited by whitecrow; 09-28-2008 at 05:56 AM.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #20
Bigleap
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
HI everyone,

I have been bothered for a long time about spirituality. I know many of the interviews have spoken of getting in touch with yourself and training your heart and mind. My question to all is how to do this and what they're take on this subject is. I have done the spiritual help on http://www.ascensionhelp.com/ but spiritual growth is tough.

Thanks
Read Spiritual Knowledge 1, 2 & 3 (4 coming tomorrow). A grounded understanding on true Spiritual Knowledge is very important. This is unsensational knowledge that requires an effort on your part to comprehend. Anything else will ultimately lead you nowhere.
Bigleap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #21
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
HI everyone,

Thanks
The best spirituality I can advice you to try out are the Universal Laws. If you haven't read the "Handbook for the New Paradigm", go get it and read it. The practice of the Universal Laws will open doors to you. You will discover you are a co-creator, just like all we are.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #22
Suriel

Wink Re: Spiritual confusion...

Spirituality is acting through the heart to the mind. Imagine yourself as a living vortex. Start from the heart and vibrate upwards through the mind through the cosmos. The message is received by the creator and then the energy is received back into more light energy.

You are a living light being walking through the darkness. To fight in the Shadows only creates more Darkness. Integrate balance in your life through common sense and be more productive in your actions.

It is only difficult if you resist the light. To understand the concept of love you must let go of your thoughts and feel the Creator.

It is an internal battle that we all face everyday. Unforunately, when we live in a chaotic world and things are speeding up, it can be very challenging. So I understand how you feel.

But the fact that you started this thread means that you are on the path of light. Good Luck.

Peace.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #23
Realview
Avalon Senior Member

Here's my analogy ---

Your on a plane that crashes in a remote jungle. There are people in the jungle that want to befriend you, take advantage of you, want to eat you etc..

You align yourself with what seem to be the "good people". You tell them you want to go home. Some of them want you to stay with them for friendship, to take advantage of you, all kinds of reasons. Some want to help. You align yourself with one person that says they can take you home. But, after going with them you realize they only thought they had the answers and had only been over the next hill and really couldn't help because your real home is much, much further away.

You align yourself with another person/group that says they know the way home. But, eventually you realize their leader had only been over the second hill and really couldn't help either.

You align yourself with another group whose leader is rumored to have been great and they think he still is, but he's dead now and they believe his spirit can somehow take you home. But no one really knows how that works.

Eventually you try all the groups and even think you can wander off on your own and you do and narrowly escape the cannibals and other predators and feel lucky to find your way back. For a time, you just give up and try to feel contented. Then one day your next door neighbor from back home who's with the search and rescue comes in his helicopter and picks you up and takes you home.

Now are all these so called guides of the same caliber? No, none of them are, some thought they new, some just lied, your ego lied to you too. Fortunately they aren't all the same, there is one real true guide that really knows the truth and can really take you home.

Now days, such a guide is available to you when your time in the regions of matter is about over. At that point you will be more interested in knowing who the Supreme Being is and you will be naturally starting to cultivate humility, sincerity and enthusiasm to meet the Supreme Being. You will be sick and tired of matter and naturally eager to go home. You will naturally beg, cry and yearn for the Supreme Being alone. Could the all merciful Supreme Father deny such a request? Of course not!
Realview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:42 AM   #24
Alexandra

Last edited by Alexandra; 10-08-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:07 AM   #25
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Imagine yourself connecting to the spiritual galactic library, your spiritual essence traveling in an instant to seek out answers. You might call this library the book of life. The clarity of our unseen essense which connects to our source is not guided by a particular holy book. Is guided symply by the home
beacon of your heart as it lets go of all theories and surrenders to his true essence where the true knowledge goes beyond our intellectual understanding and instantly transports your essence of self into the bossom of the creator of all where your heart is overwhelm by a feeling of serenity, peace and
a pure joyous feeling of love. Then you Know,with a feeling of gratitude you shout to the cosmos I am home, I am home,my god , my god I am finally home, no matter what happens nothing will face you, and the love of the source can instantly melt the heart of any one's hatred and lack of connection because in all of us there's a longing to go home to the true source of pure joyous love, the origin of all that is.

Last edited by Frank Samuel; 09-30-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spirutal understanding