Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 05:49 PM   #201
MaskMarvl
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Goodbye Thread / Options To stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingTurtle View Post
I haven't contributed very much to this forum but if anyone has to pay for sharing his/her knowledge, experiences and wisdom anywhere I won't be checking this forum anymore. Think about this: Sometimes a stranger just passing by and leaving a comment on a subject, can have a really big impact on a discussion and can immediately change the course of thinking of all involved.

It's a matter of principles I think. We have to pay for learning and even for giving our knowledge to others all our life. That's absolutely against any principles we all stand for, don't we? We want to change that, don't we?

Just a thought,
WT
I totally agree...
MaskMarvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #202
ADAM KADMON
Avalon Senior Member

After some reflection ~ I believe there is certainly something deeper going on within the psyche of both Bill and Kerry.

Show them love and respect and appreciation for how they've contributed to you. Pray that they will "make it through" this time of tribulation which they face. It is obviously more then monetary -- and the monetary crisis we all face is just a symptom of something deeper.

Despite the fact their decisions are not fully supported by all members here, this is common response "of the people" when their supposed leaders make any big decision. Some praise, some condemn. And politically, leaders will traditionally align themselves with the greater majority...

Obviously that is not the case in this setting, at this time and place. For whatever reason, have faith that it's all perfect in the greater scheme of things -- even if the reasoning of how it's so eludes us now.

If you choose not to offer financial support, give them both your blessing. They too are walking the path.

Blessing Bill & Kerry, my peace is said.

Adam K.
ADAM KADMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #203
Pierrot
Avalon Senior Member

Hi All,

some months ago a friend told me about this forum, I had a look, found all the points of view interesting, then I subscribed, posted a bit, and I like it here. Now I discover some changes are coming next week, I didn't decide yet if I'll stay around or not - and talking about it with my friend it appears I maybe don't understand the situation here, so she suggested I post my point of view here. Here it goes -

First - a forum has it's owners and moderators, and those subscribing and posting are invited here sort of, that makes a community, friends, etc and the owners have the rights and privileges to decide whatever they want about the place. When I'm invited to a party I usually, lol, don't try to move the furniture around or if the owners ask for some pparticipation to cover the costs I don't discuss it. One can come in or leave.

Second - I love internet forums and participate on some of them for about 10 years. Those with free access mainly, because even if the fee is very low, multiply that by 20 or 50 forums.... my budget wouldn't allow that. AN d I don't limit myself to one forum.... otherwise which one to chose? So my choice is to participate to free of charge forums mainly - would I pay to write on a forum I just discovered on the net? not sure - it takes some weeks to get the atmosphere of a place, find how many people there are one can share with. Then decide - so I wonder when the Project Avalon will become a paying forum if that will not cut out some new arrivals and thus lose potential?

I have seen that happen on some sites - some regular posters go away, the level drops down, and the site becomes a desert. It's not a question that the owners have to offer a free service, no, as I wrote above. In fact just some time ago on another forum the administrator opened up a thread saying she had trouble to finance the forum with personal money, suggesting a monthly fee, she put there a paypal button, and in about a month there was more than a 1000$ raised by a community 1/10th as big as the Project Avalon one. So the question might be about "how to get the money?" rather than find a solution that might be a problem.

Further considerations - I confess I didn't have yet the time to read about Project Camelot... I'm familiar with some data for years, and am interested in, but too busy to study it now. And reading the threads here I understand or misunderstand that the Project Avalon Forums should finance that activity (?) - which sounds a bit weird to me and looks like a mis-managed marketing attempt, I might be wrong but that's how it looks from the outside.

Normally every section of an organisation should finance itself. Or exchange one with the other that brings the money in. If project Camelot has books or DVDs or t-shirts, those should bring in enough money to finance further projects, further interviews, travels, books. I understand the wish to let that work free so it's widely knowns, though. But maybe the "how" again is mis-managed?

Internet marketing is a very interesting tool. A lot to learn there - for instance I know one guy in "relationship" business, who sells his DVDs, CDs. His products are widely known, in his area, he has a terrific mailing list that grew above 1.000.000 subscribers. He sends regularly summaries of what's in the DVDs, courses etc, carefully written so the data are widely available, but leaves enough mystery (yeah, it's a marketing glue, lol) so people buy more and ask for more. And the forums pertaining to the subject are free of charge.

The communication lines of the community are free and for free. And that makes the subject grow and become widely known.

Well - that's just some thoughts, maybe useless maybe not. I feel the freedom to communicate should be protected. And on the other hand guys who do the work, like the owners of this site, should earn plenty of money too. I don't think otherwise - I'm a management consultant too ;-)

And to put it really simple - from my maybe uninformed as yet point of view it looks like this: let's say there is a car company that produces the best and environment friendly cars. It wants its products widely known and used. It organises also free seminars and parties where customers and potential customers meet and exchange points of view (some of which even to build better cars). They all have a great time. And now the company decides to charge the parties and seminars to finance the costs of the whole production of all cars... well, probably I got something wrong ;-)

But then I only write because I feel it's a pity when I hear people (want to) leave such a great place of communication like this.

Friendly
Pierrot

Last edited by Pierrot; 11-20-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #204
MaskMarvl
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
I think yo should apologize for this one my friend. I personnaly relied a whole lot on my family for the last year and half and that's not because I wanted or planed to. I had health problems. Thank God for that wonderful family of mine. I'm usualy a hard working man (I'm mangement) but as i said, the last 18 months have been really hard on me.

I do not know the situation of everyone here and it's none of my bussiness. But I'm sure you would find other people with stories like mine.
My comment was not directed to people with health problems, little children, mentally retarded, people with Down Syndrome or any of the like.

I'm sorry if you felt the "shoe fit you" specifically.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #205
letitshine
Avalon Senior Member

conscious media network has loads of ads but i still go there often for there great info. What is stopping everyone from creating a truth based forum, and waiting for it to get popular and making $ off it.The people created a good community here( bill and kerry didnt do much to build the vast group of people that make pa what it is) So you dont believe in charging for the info on pc, but charging for a forum is better? This website has pretty much been the same (except for the forum) since its creation. The rest of us have to find ways to create resources's . But kerry and bill get to profit off of truth networking. On the promise of making pa "better". Havnt seen anything new from them in a long while. a 15 min phone interview with st clair and a reach of an interview with deagle( not saying much new). And saying well its only a 1$ , well the governmente says the same with taxes, dollars add up and someone gets more of a free ride, I will read still and not share cuz i will be restricted from doing so, not cuz a 1$ is to much, make the site what you say it will be and then maybe people will make more donations, why does pc have to be there career that they must fund, its obviously not a full time thing since we get on an average of one new peice of material a month, I used to check pc everyday , stopped and havnt missed any info cuz there has been nothing of any relevance. I am part of a few forums all of which are free what a forum was intended for, I am a bill harris student and do believe in demanding value, but you have to give back value, what are bill and kerry giving now, not in the past now, The ground crew is making this forum what it is, just run adds then how you guys make your $ or how much is your business, charging for other sections or services is one thing , running a forum program, by moderaters who are doing it out of the good of there heart, and charging for it after it gets popular enough sounds like a scam to me, not what i heard pa was for in the beggining
letitshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #206
Donald
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
Donald, that is great and you got several laughs out of me.
It seems you're the only one who thought that was funny. That's not a good sign when people can't laugh anymore. That's sad.

Maybe it's getting too serious around here.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:34 PM   #207
Donald
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskMarvl View Post
My comment was not directed to people with health problems, little children, mentally retarded, people with Down Syndrome or any of the like.

I'm sorry if you felt the "shoe fit you" specifically.
Thank you for the explanation
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #208
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Thanks for writing Pierrot.

The actual situation becomes somewhat obscured by people posting the contents of their speculations and misunderstandings, which grows from there.

for someone to read posts about this, it's not easy to get an accurate picture of the situation.

As I understand it, the situation goes like this:

Bill and Kerry found they had a common purpose and interest in discovering the truth in the area covered by Camalot, and to create a safe space for whistleblowers to come forward with what they know about it. And to make that information freely available to all people.

They both had or came into a bit of money, and used that to finance the project.

Fast forward to now.

they have both used up all of their personal money, and the project has come as far as it has. which is much farther than things were before Bill and Kerry started their project.

Their interviews with St Clair, Green, and Wilcock benefited Camelot, and St Clair, Green and Wilcock, as well as the rest of us who were able to follow along through their generosity.

As Bill and Kerry saw correspondence from more and more people displaying interest and support for their efforts, they decided to do the Avalon forum as a meeting/networking place for Ground crew as described in George Greens Channeled books.

Obviously, it took off harder than anyone expected it would. It's very popular.

But it was always the intention for it to be subscription based. It said so from day one. Right up front. The reason was for funding of the ongoing work. It was never for marketing considerations, as there has never been anything to sell.

There might be now, but the Camelot data has always been free, and will remain so, as per Bill and Kerry's statements.

Interviewing whistleblowers and truth tellers, is their job. It's just never paid them, aside from any generously given donations.

Now it's simply time to start paying them for their work, as otherwise, the work can't go on.

I personally think subscription is the way to go, for many reasons.

If I was them, I'd not like to have to depend on whether any felt like paying me something this month so I can pay my rent, or stock my refridgerator. Subscriptions will be predictable. Donations are not. What if your employer, or clients got to pay you "at their discretion"? How would that make you feel?

Me too.

There is going to be a great deal of added value to being a member here. It's never just been a place where people can go to yak. You can do that anywhere.

This place has always been purposefully created as a meeting/networking place for ground crew. Many hundreds who never understood that, or simply didn't care, have turned the forum into a majorly "off topic" forum. Much is on topic, but much is off topic.

Subscription will have the added bonus of weeding out lots of those who just insist on selfishly going on about anything they want to go on about, instead of making any effort to deal with the subject matters of Ground Crew.

This is all obviously my opinions based on my observations and discussions. But I believe this to give some context to some of what can be read in all these posts and threads about how people think Avalon can better serve THEM.

I think it's an honour to be able to be in service to Avalon, and be a part of it's service to Mankind.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #209
franciejones
Banned

MyPlanet2---well said, well put and much needed. Thank you for taking that time and effort.
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #210
MaskMarvl
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
If I was them, I'd not like to have to depend on whether any felt like paying me something this month so I can pay my rent, or stock my refridgerator. Subscriptions will be predictable. Donations are not. What if your employer, or clients got to pay you "at their discretion"? How would that make you feel?
Well... for starters "we" (the members of the Avalon Forum), are NOT their employers so I don't think that's a good example.

If they implemented a Donation scheme, and the "proceeds" vary, then they would just adjust their schedules and travel "when the money permits".

This has nothing to do with paying their rent bill or re-stocking their refrigerators...
Old 11-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #211
franciejones
Banned

MaskMarvl...you misunderstood...please re-read. If still unclear, I would strongly suggest reading all of the information on Project Camelot and the "youngest threads" here from Bill and Kerry. MyPlanet2 has the right gist of it.
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #212
motov
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Goodbye Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampgod View Post
I propose PC be kept entirely separate form PA forum.
If you need money for your interviews/traveling and such then state that on PC.
If people don't give money for PC Interviews etc. support...then it shall stop.
Don’t make PA pay for PC’s lack of income.

This forum should remain, in my personal opinion, free and open to all.
wise words amp... i think that those words is the bottom line....
motov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:03 PM   #213
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskMarvl View Post
Well... for starters "we" (the members of the Avalon Forum), are NOT their employers so I don't think that's a good example.

If they implemented a Donation scheme, and the "proceeds" vary, then they would just adjust their schedules and travel "when the money permits".

This has nothing to do with paying their rent bill or re-stocking their refrigerators...
Well, since it's in their court of Camelot, they get to call the game. They've left lots of ways to play open, but the bottom line is, they have to have the money to continue their work. And they deserve to have it be securely so.

If one important interview is missed because of no travel funds, then that's too high a price to pay, so that the "service to self" majority can continue consuming on somebody elses nickel.

those who can't afford it are one thing. Those who object on conscientious or philosophical grounds, that's another. But those who just want to behave like squirrels, grabbing anything that interests them that comes within reach, is too much.

They can get back on the horse, or donkey they rode in on, to keep the metaphor going.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #214
slywinkl
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks for writing Pierrot.

The actual situation becomes somewhat obscured by people posting the contents of their speculations and misunderstandings, which grows from there.

for someone to read posts about this, it's not easy to get an accurate picture of the situation.

As I understand it, the situation goes like this:

Bill and Kerry found they had a common purpose and interest in discovering the truth in the area covered by Camalot, and to create a safe space for whistleblowers to come forward with what they know about it. And to make that information freely available to all people.

They both had or came into a bit of money, and used that to finance the project.

Fast forward to now.

they have both used up all of their personal money, and the project has come as far as it has. which is much farther than things were before Bill and Kerry started their project.

Their interviews with St Clair, Green, and Wilcock benefited Camelot, and St Clair, Green and Wilcock, as well as the rest of us who were able to follow along through their generosity.

As Bill and Kerry saw correspondence from more and more people displaying interest and support for their efforts, they decided to do the Avalon forum as a meeting/networking place for Ground crew as described in George Greens Channeled books.

Obviously, it took off harder than anyone expected it would. It's very popular.

But it was always the intention for it to be subscription based. It said so from day one. Right up front. The reason was for funding of the ongoing work. It was never for marketing considerations, as there has never been anything to sell.

There might be now, but the Camelot data has always been free, and will remain so, as per Bill and Kerry's statements.

Interviewing whistleblowers and truth tellers, is their job. It's just never paid them, aside from any generously given donations.

Now it's simply time to start paying them for their work, as otherwise, the work can't go on.

Me too.

There is going to be a great deal of added value to being a member here. It's never just been a place where people can go to yak. You can do that anywhere.

This place has always been purposefully created as a meeting/networking place for ground crew. Many hundreds who never understood that, or simply didn't care, have turned the forum into a majorly "off topic" forum. Much is on topic, but much is off topic.

Subscription will have the added bonus of weeding out lots of those who just insist on selfishly going on about anything they want to go on about, instead of making any effort to deal with the subject matters of Ground Crew.

This is all obviously my opinions based on my observations and discussions. But I believe this to give some context to some of what can be read in all these posts and threads about how people think Avalon can better serve THEM.

I think it's an honour to be able to be in service to Avalon, and be a part of it's service to Mankind.

am i relly reading this right? this is still divide and conquer, you are talkin o weeding out the ground crew? i was under the belif we all was equall? so ur better than the rest and so is bill and kerry couse they stand forth in their own way?

off topic? who are anyone to say whats off topic for the ground crew?(yes i say tis often)

as i haf said before, we haf to pay to talk? so by that logic we gotta pay to go to work? since we tend to talk to other ppl when we work..
slywinkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #215
Pierrot
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for your answers, Myplanet2, that give info regarding the developpement of the Projects, and the overall intention. Which is good ;-)

Quote:
(snip)

Me too.
I might be not the best person to ask this question to. Being self-employed I always depend upon how good my products are, be it in music, real estate or personal consulting. It's up to me to get myself more known and perfect my skills so public and customers "feel like paying me". It's actually my "thermometer" of how good at what I'm doing I am. Sometimes that induces stress, sometimes it's abundance - but I wouldn't change that basic operation (nor would I advocate you should do as I do, lol)

So I go by subscription AND/OR donations, whichever shoe fits, so long as it doesn't exclude potential customers. (I don't worry about the "bad guys", sooner or later those leave on their own)

Quote:

Well... it's difficult or sometimes nearly impossible to keep a forum on one topic anyway. The important thing is the overall intention of a group isn't swamped in endless digressions.

Anyway - thanks for the clarifications answering my questions and putting the projects in perspective.

Pierrot

Last edited by Pierrot; 11-20-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:34 PM   #216
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by slywinkl View Post
am i relly reading this right? this is still divide and conquer, you are talkin o weeding out the ground crew? i was under the belif we all was equall? so ur better than the rest and so is bill and kerry couse they stand forth in their own way?

off topic? who are anyone to say whats off topic for the ground crew?(yes i say tis often)

as i haf said before, we haf to pay to talk? so by that logic we gotta pay to go to work? since we tend to talk to other ppl when we work..
What do you think Ground Crew is?

There is no intention to weed out ground crew. But I personally feel we can do without, and thrive in the absence of whiney babies, who've never conceived of doing anything for anyone else, who think everything should be free to them, even if it costs someone else.

The old paradigm is dying. I'm all for giving it a burial now and getting on with the work of creating our new paradigm. Read the books. They're FREE.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #217
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrot View Post
Thank you for your answers, Myplanet2, that give info regarding the developpement of the Projects, and the overall intention. Which is good ;-)

I might be not the best person to ask this question to. Being self-employed I always depend upon how good my products are, be it in music, real estate or personal consulting. It's up to me to get myself more known and perfect my skills so public and customers "feel like paying me". It's actually my "thermometer" of how good at what I'm doing I am. Sometimes that induces stress, sometimes it's abundance - but I wouldn't change that basic operation (nor would I advocate you should do as I do, lol)

So I go by subscription AND/OR donations, whichever shoe fits, so long as it doesn't exclude potential customers. (I don't worry about the "bad guys", sooner or later those leave on their own)

Well... it's difficult or sometimes nearly impossible to keep a forum on one topic anyway. The important thing is the overall intention of a group isn't swamped in endless digressions.

Anyway - thanks for the clarifications answering my questions and putting the projects in perspective.

Pierrot
Welcome, Pierrot.

Much affinity for civility.

One point. There is no product here for sale. the real product always was and will remain free. this exercise is to provide support in those efforts. Donation has been open for years. It's obviously not been enough to keep the project going. And I personally don't want to see a situation like in public television in north america were every so often, your enjoyment is intentionally interrupted so they can annoy you into supporting them.

If this is to be their livelihood, what happens in 3 months, or 6, when the funds run out again, and it's time to hit up the membership. then you get the "but I already paid...can't somebody else this time?"

Either way, I'm sure this will work out fine. When people see the extra added value of a ground crew nature, they will feel very "in-exchange". so to speak
Old 11-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #218
slywinkl
Avalon Senior Member

ok, ground crew is uss, its one and all, its not one single HU-Man that aint the ground crew, just becouse of the simple reson IF something triggers this planet. like goverment, elites, planet x, meteorites, and alien income, then we ALL are inn the gameplay, not just you that are supposedly "above" uss in the chain, that is how u are speaking now, all those who spark an conversation in the forums sparks someone else, if its childish, then someone will anwser that it is childis, and some other will say its a beutiful thought, and mby even someone goes and research whats said, and wups its usefull information for all.

you sais
"But I personally feel we can do without, and thrive in the absence of whiney babies, who've never conceived of doing anything for anyone else, who think everything should be free to them, even if it costs someone else."

that is a sentence one step from wanting to be a dictator, and take away ppl's freedom and free word. u want to shut them upp so your bvelif system comes into play

so your buring the old world u say, or "paradigm" so that meens ur thinkin yourself higher than others that dont know of this, or belive what u belive. hmm sounds more like goverment thinking joined with religion to me. but hey what do i kno, i am under u in the "food chain" soo i should shut upp, huh?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #219
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
What do you think Ground Crew is?

There is no intention to weed out ground crew. But I personally feel we can do without, and thrive in the absence of whiney babies, who've never conceived of doing anything for anyone else, who think everything should be free to them, even if it costs someone else.

The old paradigm is dying. I'm all for giving it a burial now and getting on with the work of creating our new paradigm. Read the books. They're FREE.

You're going to lose a lot more than whiney babies- especially if that's how you stereotype people who are having a moral issue with what is happening here.

What I'm seeing is a reinforcement of the old paradigm, not a new one, and I'm quite sad about it.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #220
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Hi Ruby,

even in the new paradigm you will have to eat and have shelter.

I do.

And so do Kerry and Bill.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #221
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by slywinkl View Post
ok, ground crew is uss, its one and all, its not one single HU-Man that aint the ground crew, just becouse of the simple reson IF something triggers this planet. like goverment, elites, planet x, meteorites, and alien income, then we ALL are inn the gameplay, not just you that are supposedly "above" uss in the chain, that is how u are speaking now, all those who spark an conversation in the forums sparks someone else, if its childish, then someone will anwser that it is childis, and some other will say its a beutiful thought, and mby even someone goes and research whats said, and wups its usefull information for all.

you sais
"But I personally feel we can do without, and thrive in the absence of whiney babies, who've never conceived of doing anything for anyone else, who think everything should be free to them, even if it costs someone else."

that is a sentence one step from wanting to be a dictator, and take away ppl's freedom and free word. u want to shut them upp so your bvelif system comes into play

so your buring the old world u say, or "paradigm" so that meens ur thinkin yourself higher than others that dont know of this, or belive what u belive. hmm sounds more like goverment thinking joined with religion to me. but hey what do i kno, i am under u in the "food chain" soo i should shut upp, huh?
Ground crew is working in advance of anything that might be coming our way. Not waiting to be in the same boat as everyone else.

There has to be someone there, ready with the solutions, prepared for the eventualities that may come up.

That's what the ground crew is. That's who this place is in support of. IMO.

Nobody's pretending to be any better than anyone else. Nobody is any better than anyone else. It would just be nice to get on with the work at hand without all the distractions.

It seems likely that much infrastructure we now depend on may be going away. If that happens, there will need to be people who are prepared.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #222
slywinkl
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Ground crew is working in advance of anything that might be coming our way. Not waiting to be in the same boat as everyone else.

There has to be someone there, ready with the solutions, prepared for the eventualities that may come up.

That's what the ground crew is. That's who this place is in support of. IMO.

Nobody's pretending to be any better than anyone else. Nobody is any better than anyone else. It would just be nice to get on with the work at hand without all the distractions.

It seems likely that much infrastructure we now depend on may be going away. If that happens, there will need to be people who are prepared.
what are you saying? so a unknowing farmer that is left after, uhhm lets say a meteorite, hes not in the ground crew becouse he is unknowable of WHY it happened, and might come after? hes now in the ground crew? what? he can give uss food, and learn uss to farm and support our lives! even if he is simple minded hes in the ground crew, wether u like it or not
Old 11-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #223
slywinkl
Avalon Senior Member

hehe pressed to soon, hes in the ground crew becouse he is alreddy prepared.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #224
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
You're going to lose a lot more than whiney babies- especially if that's how you stereotype people who are having a moral issue with what is happening here.

What I'm seeing is a reinforcement of the old paradigm, not a new one, and I'm quite sad about it.
Some will leave. I've explained a few times elsewhere that, for me, this is not about those who can't pay, or have a moral issue. It's about those who insist they should get a free ride, because they think so, and shouldn't have to contribute regardless of consumption.

Time is short, and those who don't want to help, should at least not stand in the way of those who are trying to.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #225
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Hi Ruby,

even in the new paradigm you will have to eat and have shelter.

I do.

And so do Kerry and Bill.

Of course. I also assume it won't be based on fiat dollars and that there will be a sense of community where people contribute what they do best- cooperation of give and take and trust that each person will contribute what he/she can. That's why I suggested a donation system, repeatedly. I've yet to see a sound reason that isn't being tried first other than "there's a paypal button" but I'm not donating anything until decisions have been made and I know my money isn't going to shut people out. The way we exchange money has our energy attached.

That's more in line with a new paradigm, not forcing people people to pay to share information that would benefit others. And food and shelter isn't that expensive unless you plan on living at a high price exclusive ark or something- which I don't begrudge but when you're going to throw out the food/shelter reason then the ark should be brought up.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote