Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Default The People's 9/11 Inquiry ... YAY!! Let's write The Report!

Let's forget about the USA government and ALL idiots ever owning up to the full extent of (and the other unmentionable nations' complicity) in the attacks, and subsequent ridiculous wars. There is enough data, if compiled, to probably draw an accurate picture of the day's events.

Some evidence, like Enron and Building 7, can be circumstantial. No? Truth is an agreed upon set of facts. So, let's do it! I'm on this one because, in Canada, there was a poet who wasn't very accepted by the literary crowd, wrote great stuff, a wretched alcoholic , chipped in to start a magazine in the 60's Georgia Straight (Vancouver) - it was a magazine that Bob Geldof worked for later too, as a journalist. [Boomtown Rats]

The People's Poet Nobody needs the government etc to do it.

Commission #2 - The Real Deal.

WIKI: Milton Acorn was a World War II veteran. On a trans-Atlantic crossing, he suffered a wound from depth charges. The wound was severe enough for him to receive a disability pension from Veterans Affairs for most of his life. He returned to Prince Edward Island and moved to Montreal in 1956. He spent several years living at the Hotel Waverly in Toronto.[1]

In Montreal, he published some of his early poems in the political magazine, New Frontiers. He also self-published a mimeographed chapbook, In Love and Anger, his first collection of poems.

In 1967, Acorn helped found the then-"underground" newspaper The Georgia Straight in Vancouver, BC.[2]
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The People's 9/11 Inquiry ... YAY!! Let's write The Report!

Why not have the 100 top 9/11 experts from around the world (this is an international matter) gather in New York for one month...and produce a real 9/11 Report...in a professional and scholarly manner. I don't hate the government...but it seems that they are hamstrung by very powerful forces.

Namaste
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
Why not have the 100 top 9/11 experts from around the world (this is an international matter) gather in New York for one month...and produce a real 9/11 Report...in a professional and scholarly manner. I don't hate the government...but it seems that they are hamstrung by very powerful forces.

Namaste
Indeed! Might even just need 10-20 experts, maybe 5.

There are thousands of vocal government and ex-government people, the NY witnesses, the victims' families had to sign agreements to shut up for compensation, lots of high profile whistle blowers and fired people, a list of dead people, the technology is becoming apparent to the public, really, who gives a ***** about national security, which is a pretty cruel joke, in this regard.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

KICK-OFF!!

Poem by me:

on my tombstone
i made a lot of lunches
epitaph

And my beloved (Acorn):
sorry for copyright infringement [excerpt]

My Sight Sprang

My sight sprang open at
that flying mane of sunrise
colors mixed with a tarry roil
in the cauldron of worlds;
creation's acid-splatter growing
beauty's flower-tree and
mindless cannibals, cads,
rogues, godlings
talking bell-and-birdtones or noises
like some ugly-mouthed machine,
all decked out in figures of men.

Fall 1964, The Fiddlehead.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Namaste
I think that is an excellent idea.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
There are thousands of vocal government and ex-government people, the NY witnesses, the victims' families had to sign agreements to shut up for compensation, lots of high profile whistle blowers and fired people, a list of dead people, the technology is becoming apparent to the public, really, who gives a ***** about national security, which is a pretty cruel joke, in this regard.
There must also be a list of officially harassed people with testimony.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Alternate Resource -

If anyone wants to sign this letter. Many signatories on it. E.g. -
http://www.justiceonline.org/site/Pa...ndExpunge#sign

PARTNERSHIP FOR CIVIL JUSTICE
Sign-On Letter for the Expose & Expunge Campaign
Disclose and purge data collected through
illegal domestic spying and surveillance programs

Initial list of signers

Ramsey Clark, former U.S. Attorney General
Noam Chomsky
Geronimo ji Jaga, former political prisoner held for 27 years
Cindy Sheehan
Cynthia McKinney
Michel Shehadeh, LA8 defendant; Committee for Justice
Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, co-founder Partnership for Civil Justice Fund
Carl Messineo, co-founder Partnership for Civil Justice Fund
Jennifer Harbury, Human Rights Lawyer
Michael Ratner, President, Center for Constitutional Rights*
Ron Kovic, author, Born on the 4th of July
Kathy Kelly, co-coordinator, Voices for Creative Nonviolence
Blase and Theresa Bonpane, Office of the Americas
John Passacantando, former Executive Director, Greenpeace USA
Heidi Boghosian, Executive Director, National Lawyers Guild
Mahdi Bray, Executive Director, Muslim American Society Freedom
Michael Berg, father of Nicholas Berg, killed in Iraq
Brian Becker, National Coordinator, ANSWER Coalition
Mounzer Sleiman, Vice Chair, National Council of Arab Americans
Michael Prysner, co-founder, March Forward!
Michael Avery, former President, National Lawyers Guild, professor Suffolk Law School
Michael Steven Smith, Board of Directors, Center for Constitutional Rights*
Carol Sobel, Civil Rights Attorney
James Lafferty, Exec. Director, National Lawyers Guild Los Angeles
Eric Mar, Board of Supervisors, City & County of San Francisco
Shakeel Syed, the Executive Director of the Shura Council of Southern California*
Marina Drummer, Angola 3 Defense Committee
Frank Dorrel, Publisher, Addicted to War
Mike Ferner, President, Veterans for Peace
Old 01-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #8
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
orthodoxymoron - On sober second thought, the locale would probably get exploded. Planes kaboom Heart attacks, suicides Poisonous hors d'œuvres LSD spiked punch ...

So, o-nay !!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #9
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Let's forget about the USA government and ALL idiots ever owning up to the full extent of (and the other unmentionable nations' complicity) in the attacks, and subsequent ridiculous wars. There is enough data, if compiled, to probably draw an accurate picture of the day's events.

Some evidence, like Enron and Building 7, can be circumstantial. No? Truth is an agreed upon set of facts. So, let's do it!
Sounds like a worthwhile pursuit.

I just want to point out that circumstantial evidence has somehow gotten a bad rap. Circumstantial evidence is actually a very powerful means of establishing motive. It can not be considered absolute "proof" but it certainly is a valid and important form of "evidence" that strengthens ones case.

I found myself on this page earlier today. You might find it helpful: http://www.serendipity.li/wtc4.htm
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Some evidence, like Enron and Building 7, can be circumstantial. No? Truth is an agreed upon set of facts. So, let's do it! I'm on this one because, in Canada, there was a poet who wasn't very accepted by the literary crowd, wrote great stuff, a wretched alcoholic , chipped in to start a magazine in the 60's Georgia Straight (Vancouver) - it was a magazine that Bob Geldof worked for later too, as a journalist. [Boomtown Rats]

The People's Poet Nobody needs the government etc to do it.

Commission #2 - The Real Deal.
I just came across this and thought you might find it interesting. It's not directly related to 911 but it is a similar idea to the Commission that you are proposing: http://bushcommission.org/
Old 02-01-2010, 05:14 AM   #11
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmonkey View Post
I just came across this and thought you might find it interesting. It's not directly related to 911 but it is a similar idea to the Commission that you are proposing: http://bushcommission.org/
Thank you, shiftmonkey, there is so much independent legal activity. I didn't know that one went straight through as a commission in 2006. There's more:

Court Indicts Bush on High Treason Charge
By Bart Garzon - Published: July 4th, 2009
GWB: “It’s taken a lot of soul searching, or more like deep-soul diving, I think is the term. But now I see that it was wrong to lead our nation to war under false pretenses. Millions have suffered for my sins, and I see now that it is only fitting that I should suffer as well.”
http://www.nytimes-se.com/2009/07/04...reason-charge/

I guess GWB is into self-flagellation, like Pope JPII. (Or maybe this reticent GWB clone?? - how many of those ***kers are there?!)

FBI files indict Bush, Cheney and Co. as war criminals
By Bill Van Auken - 23 May 2008
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2008/may2008/fbi-m23.shtml

I noticed Janis Karpinski on your link. She's great I heard her here (interview). WMD etc - Government policy (Cheney: thwarting terrorism), not govt policy (Bush: rogue)

April 27, 2009
"Over the weekend, the once secretive former US Vice-President Dick Cheney was pushing for the release of more CIA documents to try to bolster his arguments that interrogation tatics such as waterboarding thwarted terrorist plots.

This after the release of a report last week of the Senate Armed Services Committee. It made clear that senior Bush Administration officials approved the use of interrogation or torture tactics such as waterboarding. That contradicts former President George W. Bush's assertion that abuse or torture that may have happened was the result of rogue individuals and not government policy.
http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/2009/200904/20090427.html

The Abu Ghraib stuff she talked about cuts through the cr@p. Of course, she was let go. Iraq didn't figure for me until later, since Canada didn't go to war there.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #12
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Thank you, shiftmonkey, there is so much independent legal activity. I didn't know that one went straight through as a commission in 2006. There's more:

Court Indicts Bush on High Treason Charge
By Bart Garzon - Published: July 4th, 2009
GWB: “It’s taken a lot of soul searching, or more like deep-soul diving, I think is the term. But now I see that it was wrong to lead our nation to war under false pretenses. Millions have suffered for my sins, and I see now that it is only fitting that I should suffer as well.”
http://www.nytimes-se.com/2009/07/04...reason-charge/

I guess GWB is into self-flagellation, like Pope JPII. (Or maybe this reticent GWB clone?? - how many of those ***kers are there?!)
That NY Times story about the GWB indictment is fake.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #13
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

I like this idea. We can't expect the government to get on board, so we can just bypass them. As of this post, we still have freedom of speech and freedom of assembly, so there's nothing wrong with a bunch of private citizens gathering together for some discussions.

If we kept doing this type of thing, the only inevitable result would be more power in the hands of the citizens and less credibility and power for the feds.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote