Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Default Bill Gates, Rockefeller and the GMO giants know something we don’t

Bill Gates, Rockefeller and the GMO giants know something we don’t

One thing Microsoft founder Bill Gates can’t be accused of is sloth. He was already programming at 14, founded Microsoft at age 20 while still a student at Harvard. By 1995 he had been listed by Forbes as the world’s richest man from being the largest shareholder in his Microsoft, a company which his relentless drive built into a de facto monopoly in software systems for personal computers.

In 2006 when most people in such a situation might think of retiring to a quiet Pacific island, Bill Gates decided to devote his energies to his Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the world’s largest ‘transparent’ private foundation as it says, with a whopping $34.6 billion endowment and a legal necessity to spend $1.5 billion a year on charitable projects around the world to maintain its tax free charitable status. A gift from friend and business associate, mega-investor Warren Buffett in 2006, of some $30 billion worth of shares in Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway put the Gates’ foundation into the league where it spends almost the amount of the entire annual budget of the United Nations’ World Health Organization.

So when Bill Gates decides through the Gates Foundation to invest some $30 million of their hard earned money in a project, it is worth looking at.

No project is more interesting at the moment than a curious project in one of the world’s most remote spots, Svalbard. Bill Gates is investing millions in a seed bank on the Barents Sea near the Arctic Ocean, some 1,100 kilometers from the North Pole. Svalbard is a barren piece of rock claimed by Norway and ceded in 1925 by international treaty (see map).

On this God-forsaken island Bill Gates is investing tens of his millions along with the Rockefeller Foundation, Monsanto Corporation, Syngenta Foundation and the Government of Norway, among others, in what is called the ‘doomsday seed bank.’ Officially the project is named the Svalbard Global Seed Vault on the Norwegian island of Spitsbergen, part of the Svalbard island group.

Doomsday Seed Vault

The seed bank is being built inside a mountain on Spitsbergen Island near the small village of Longyearbyen. It’s almost ready for ‘business’ according to their releases. The bank will have dual blast-proof doors with motion sensors, two airlocks, and walls of steel-reinforced concrete one meter thick. It will contain up to three million different varieties of seeds from the entire world, ‘so that crop diversity can be conserved for the future,’ according to the Norwegian government. Seeds will be specially wrapped to exclude moisture. There will be no full-time staff, but the vault's relative inaccessibility will facilitate monitoring any possible human activity.

Did we miss something here? Their press release stated, ‘so that crop diversity can be conserved for the future.’ What future do the seed bank’s sponsors foresee, that would threaten the global availability of current seeds, almost all of which are already well protected in designated seed banks around the world?

Anytime Bill Gates, the Rockefeller Foundation, Monsanto and Syngenta get together on a common project, it’s worth digging a bit deeper behind the rocks on Spitsbergen. When we do we find some fascinating things.

The first notable point is who is sponsoring the doomsday seed vault. Here joining the Norwegians are, as noted, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; the US agribusiness giant DuPont/Pioneer Hi-Bred, one of the world’s largest owners of patented genetically-modified (GMO) plant seeds and related agrichemicals; Syngenta, the Swiss-based major GMO seed and agrichemicals company through its Syngenta Foundation; the Rockefeller Foundation, the private group who created the “gene revolution with over $100 million of seed money since the 1970’s; CGIAR, the global network created by the Rockefeller Foundation to promote its ideal of genetic purity through agriculture change.

further reading here...please read...
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...xt=va&aid=7529

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Bill Gates, Rockefeller and the GMO giants know something we don’t

I know what you mean, they are making preparations but like anything in the future things may happen or not, timelines are constantly changing and what has been planed by the two factions may not come to pass, or may take a totally different shape.

Their reasons are always misterious. Think about the network of undeground bases that are everywhere in the UK, prepared within the cold war they were never used. The threats stayed as threats and now they are selling them which I find interesting since lots of people are looking for bunkers

I personally think there is going to be disruptions, one just have to add two plus two. Food will be in shortage this year, too much bad weather lately and last year. But shortages of food are common in this planet, mostly because of lack of planning and greed

I am middleaged and seen so many things in my life! My own brother tried to persuade me in 2002 to bunker down with him because of the comming of planet X, polar shift, etc. I didn't because I believe that if it for my higher good I will survive such event but being practical I realized that I did not want to survive an holocaust like that. Too hard, too sad

Preparation for few weeks, maybe few months yeah why not, but not because I am afraid of death

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
viking
Avalon Senior Member

It would be funny wouldn't it...they spend billions and billions of pounds/dollars....

We are on a different timeline...and nowt happens!! all just sitting there with there tail between there legs!! Oh... what to do with the bunkers!!

Now what?????

viking
Old 02-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

They had a 60 minute special on CBS here in the states last year about the seed bank, Bill gates spent 7 million flying all those seeds to this vault last year. I think they said there were 50,000 difeerent types of seeds for replanting purposes. You can look in the achieves of 60 minutes and find the videos from last year.

Just a little more prep work from another person of the planet who happens to have more resources than anybody else in the world.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

This does not surprise me...and i agree with you...when these guys get together,the reason is worth looking into..

What does surprise me is this was in the mainstream news and it wasnt really more the a blip on peoples radar..General population has no clue..do they...

sigh..
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #6
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Somebody told Noah to build his Arc thousands of years ago....and he did....and I bet people then were wondering why....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

i also thought when the woman on the usa tv news report said how will people be able to get all the way out here in the cold to get in it post apocalypse. my thought on this is that they think that it will be nearer the equator than where it is now.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Funny you should mention that Pineal ... bumped into this earlier...

http://api.ning.com/files/NsfZ6qjBmp...wgeography.gif

viking
Old 02-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #9
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
i also thought when the woman on the usa tv news report said how will people be able to get all the way out here in the cold to get in it post apocalypse. my thought on this is that they think that it will be nearer the equator than where it is now.
The letters DNT are interchangeable.
Therefore, Norway could be Dorway (Doorway) - like the Norway spiral

It would be easy for THEM to reach this place from anywhere they like by 'stepping through the doorway'

Just a guess
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote