Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Resources > How To Learn About Stuff

Notices

Old 10-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Making Kirlian Photographs and Building Your Own Equipment

http://www.imagesco.com/articles/kirlian/01.html

The process is simple. Sheet film is placed on top of a metal plate, called the discharge or film plate. The object to photograph is placed on top of the film. If the object to be Kirlian photographed is inanimate, such as a coin or leaf, a earth ground is connected to the object. See figure 1 below. High voltage is applied to the plate momentarily to make an exposure. The corona discharge between the object and discharge plate passes through and is recorded onto the film. When the film is developed you have a Kirlian photograph of the object.

The Kirlian process, being a contact print process, doesn't require the use of a camera or lens. However when a transparent electrode is substituted for the discharge plate it is possible to use a standard camera (with a bulb setting) or video camera.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3Den%26sa%3DN
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Making Kirlian Photographs and Building Your Own Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
http://www.imagesco.com/articles/kirlian/01.html

The process is simple. Sheet film is placed on top of a metal plate, called the discharge or film plate. The object to photograph is placed on top of the film. If the object to be Kirlian photographed is inanimate, such as a coin or leaf, a earth ground is connected to the object. See figure 1 below. High voltage is applied to the plate momentarily to make an exposure. The corona discharge between the object and discharge plate passes through and is recorded onto the film. When the film is developed you have a Kirlian photograph of the object.

The Kirlian process, being a contact print process, doesn't require the use of a camera or lens. However when a transparent electrode is substituted for the discharge plate it is possible to use a standard camera (with a bulb setting) or video camera.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3Den%26sa%3DN
DAMN IT!!! Two more really interesting sites to check out. Jeeeez, I'll never get to bed at this rate. I've got some matches somewhere to prop my eyes open. Maybe I'll just brew up some more coffee. My mouth already tastes and feels like the bottom of a birdcage.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

You're not alone Brinty; my mouth feels like the inside of a miner's knickers,lol.Not that i know what they feel like!!?lol
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
You're not alone Brinty; my mouth feels like the inside of a miner's knickers,lol.Not that i know what they feel like!!?lol
Blimey Antaletriangle! the mind boggles! My imagination is running wild.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #5
ABHA
Avalon Senior Member

I'm struggling to understand? how can anybody claim they are seeing chi energy when the activation for the corona effect is from a high frequency electric?
Got to say, they are pretty though.
ABHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #6
bilderburger w/cheese
Avalon Senior Member

are the photographs a picture of the aura of a specimen, or is it just the electrical discharges? the links dont specify.
bilderburger w/cheese is offline   Reply With Quote