Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-21-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
maya12-21-2012
Avalon Senior Member

Talking The Secret and Law of Attraction: How has it helped you?

My daughter's mom introduced me to the trailer to The Secret at the beginning of last year's NFL Football season. At the time, I was one of the world's biggest sports fanatics. I ordered the DVD and received it a few days later.

I bought into the LoA 100%. It just sounded right to me and gave me answers that religion never gave me. I asked the Universe for ideas on what direction to take and that was the point when I knew I tapped into something much larger than anything we can physically or tangibly imagine.

The Universe guided me into one direction. At the time, I was working as a Child & Family therapist for a company who was all about the money and not about their clients. I loved my job, but I didn't care for working for people like this.

Here is the progression I've gone through so far:

1. The Universe guided to to buying 4 letter dotcom sites. At the time, I knew nothing about creating websites or HTML coding. I originally bought some 4 letter dotcom sites to turn them into profit, but first I had to learn HTML to actually build the site I wanted to sell. This was an important step.

2. The Universe guided me into writing childrens books. I wrote two books for my daughter when she was little and came up with a creative way to sell them as e-books on a website I created. I wrote and illustrated the books and was about to send the first book to a publisher when the Universe gave me the next idea...

3. The Universe guided me to writing a book on common parenting issues. As a child & family therapist, I noticed a plethora of common parenting issues as evidenced by my clients. I wanted to share these woth other parents in a book, so I wrote a book and was ready to submit this book for publishing when the Universe changed my direction. I took my limited knowledge in HTML and built a website to support the book. It was at this point when I started my own business.

4. The Universe guided me to turning the book into a Human Services program to reach the largest amount of people who can use this information the most. At the end of July 2008, I received an International and US patent pending on this idea and have just started to implement the program in the U.S.

5. During this time period, I was guided to discovering the Mayan Calendar. I quickly became fascinated by it. After researching the calendar and seeing a kajillion sites that predicted doomsday in 2012, I decided to create a website that shows a positive view of 2012, http://www.maya12-21-2012.com

6. The Universe guided me to watching some incredible 2012 videos, which culminated into 2012 The Online Movie. I'm currently remaking this movie with the incredible support of the people who will be feautured in the movie such as David Wilcock, Alex Ansary, Richard C, Hoagland, Dannion Brinkley, Gregg Braden, etc. These people are real, down-to-earth soles who truly want the best for all of us. Just as with the first movie, this will also be a free online movie that really gives the true meaning of 2012. I hope to have this completed within the next couple months.

Allan, from Bridging Heaven & Earth, called me last week and was (and is) incredibly supportive of the new movie and stated I could use any of his clips from the interviews he's had with people like, Jose Arguelles, Sonia Chjoquette, etc... I mentioned that eventually, I'd like to start a truth TV station to which he guided me to a contact who is also interested in this idea. Who knows where the Universe will guide me on this idea, but I can't wait to find out!

There are many more things that the Universe has guided me to, but I think you get the idea with the above examples...lol

Also, the LoA works in other areas of life, such as spirituality. There have been many unexplainable events that have happened to me, such as capturing an orb with a face in it on film while at the Boynton Canyon vortex in Sedona, AZ. All you have to do is to ask the Universe to show you everything it has to offer and it will... on it's timeline and when you're really ready to experience it.

The real secret behind the LoA is believing your end goals have already happened. All it took, for me, was the seed that the Universe planted in me when I asked it for ideas.

Also, at any point in time, if something happens that you didn't expect, it happened for a reason. Never look at an "obstacle" as an impediment. The Universe has it's own timeline and everything it does is in your best interest whether you think so or not.

By the way, after watching The Secret, that was the last week that I ever watched a full game of any sport, including the Super Bowl.

Have you used the LoA and if so, how has it helped you?
maya12-21-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:45 PM   #2
Chris Parson
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Secret and Law of Attraction: How has it helped you?

i disagree with your promotion of infomercials

Last edited by Chris Parson; 09-22-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Chris Parson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:46 PM   #3
maya12-21-2012
Avalon Senior Member

Did you actually read this, especially the spirituality part or are you just cynical?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:47 PM   #4
Chris Parson
Avalon Senior Member

spirituality doesn't require buying dvds with infomercials on it
Old 09-21-2008, 11:48 PM   #5
maya12-21-2012
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Parson View Post
spirituality doesn't require buying dvds with infomercials on it
I never said it did, Chris. If anything, I explained the true secret behind the secret which unlocks the key to the LoA and doesn't cost you anything except the time it takes to read the post, which you obviously didn't....unless you can Speed Read in the two minute differential of the time of my post and when you commented.

Also, if it was "Spam" then I would have mentioned my business name and the idea that has a patent pending, but I didn't. I did, however, mention my website because it's one of the few positive 2012 sites on the net in which some people might find interesting.

Last edited by maya12-21-2012; 09-21-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #6
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you Maya, that was a wonderfull post.

Last edited by 2infinityandbeyond; 09-22-2008 at 01:36 AM.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #7
maya12-21-2012
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks infinity!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
Chris Parson
Avalon Senior Member

you talk about The Secret all the time. what is with this agenda with promoting this dvd?

there are more universal laws than just the law of attraction and they all are necessary considerations.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:56 PM   #9
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
you talk about The Secret all the time. what is with this agenda with promoting this dvd?

there are more universal laws than just the law of attraction and they all are necessary considerations.
The secret can be found anywhere for free. And it is a gateway to a lot of people figuring out the wonders of this world and leads many to discovering their spiritual essence. And in case you were not already aware, this is exactly what the world needs right now. Please dont **** on this post, go where they are debating it and have a small bit of respect please.

Last edited by 2infinityandbeyond; 09-21-2008 at 11:59 PM.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:58 PM   #10
Nik
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for posting your experience maya! And I am glad that you have used the LoA to bring about positive change in your life!

There is another thread on the forum about The Secret (the movie) - quite a debate actually, with some people heavily criticizing it. So it is good that you can bring in actual experience, and positive experience at that!

Here is the link: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1588

and Chris Parson... not everything related to a product is deliberate advertising for that product... keep an open mind and an open heart!

Last edited by Nik; 09-22-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #11
Truthman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya12-21-2012 View Post
My daughter's mom introduced me to the trailer to The Secret at the beginning of last year's NFL Football season. At the time, I was one of the world's biggest sports fanatics. I ordered the DVD and received it a few days later.

I bought into the LoA 100%. It just sounded right to me and gave me answers that religion never gave me. I asked the Universe for ideas on what direction to take and that was the point when I knew I tapped into something much larger than anything we can physically or tangibly imagine.

The Universe guided me into one direction. At the time, I was working as a Child & Family therapist for a company who was all about the money and not about their clients. I loved my job, but I didn't care for working for people like this.

Here is the progression I've gone through so far:

1. The Universe guided to to buying 4 letter dotcom sites. At the time, I knew nothing about creating websites or HTML coding. I originally bought some 4 letter dotcom sites to turn them into profit, but first I had to learn HTML to actually build the site I wanted to sell. This was an important step.

2. The Universe guided me into writing childrens books. I wrote two books for my daughter when she was little and came up with a creative way to sell them as e-books on a website I created. I wrote and illustrated the books and was about to send the first book to a publisher when the Universe gave me the next idea...

3. The Universe guided me to writing a book on common parenting issues. As a child & family therapist, I noticed a plethora of common parenting issues as evidenced by my clients. I wanted to share these woth other parents in a book, so I wrote a book and was ready to submit this book for publishing when the Universe changed my direction. I took my limited knowledge in HTML and built a website to support the book. It was at this point when I started my own business.

4. The Universe guided me to turning the book into a Human Services program to reach the largest amount of people who can use this information the most. At the end of July 2008, I received an International and US patent pending on this idea and have just started to implement the program in the U.S.

5. During this time period, I was guided to discovering the Mayan Calendar. I quickly became fascinated by it. After researching the calendar and seeing a kajillion sites that predicted doomsday in 2012, I decided to create a website that shows a positive view of 2012, http://www.maya12-21-2012.com

6. The Universe guided me to watching some incredible 2012 videos, which culminated into 2012 The Online Movie. I'm currently remaking this movie with the incredible support of the people who will be feautured in the movie such as David Wilcock, Alex Ansary, Richard C, Hoagland, Dannion Brinkley, Gregg Braden, etc. These people are real, down-to-earth soles who truly want the best for all of us. Just as with the first movie, this will also be a free online movie that really gives the true meaning of 2012. I hope to have this completed within the next couple months.

Allan, from Bridging Heaven & Earth, called me last week and was (and is) incredibly supportive of the new movie and stated I could use any of his clips from the interviews he's had with people like, Jose Arguelles, Sonia Chjoquette, etc... I mentioned that eventually, I'd like to start a truth TV station to which he guided me to a contact who is also interested in this idea. Who knows where the Universe will guide me on this idea, but I can't wait to find out!

There are many more things that the Universe has guided me to, but I think you get the idea with the above examples...lol

Also, the LoA works in other areas of life, such as spirituality. There have been many unexplainable events that have happened to me, such as capturing an orb with a face in it on film while at the Boynton Canyon vortex in Sedona, AZ. All you have to do is to ask the Universe to show you everything it has to offer and it will... on it's timeline and when you're really ready to experience it.

The real secret behind the LoA is believing your end goals have already happened. All it took, for me, was the seed that the Universe planted in me when I asked it for ideas.

Also, at any point in time, if something happens that you didn't expect, it happened for a reason. Never look at an "obstacle" as an impediment. The Universe has it's own timeline and everything it does is in your best interest whether you think so or not.

By the way, after watching The Secret, that was the last week that I ever watched a full game of any sport, including the Super Bowl.

Have you used the LoA and if so, how has it helped you?
In terms on money it has not work for me, but as for learning "secret" knowledge it was the catalyst which started it all two and a half years ago when I first saw it.

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience with us!
Truthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #12
maya12-21-2012
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

For someone who posts in the spirituality section, you seem very hateful, Chris.

The LoA will come to fruition when thoughts become manifestations. How is that Spam? Perhaps the LoA doesn't (or didn't) work for you and you're jealous of those it's worked for?

I won't even comment on the "promoting" remark with the exception that I have nothing to gain by starting this thread, but those who use the LoA have everything to gain.

It's too bad there are people, like you, who shoot down positive ideas for others and, in a paranoid mindframe, think there's an "agenda".

No hate here, Chris. Can you say the same?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #13
maya12-21-2012
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
Thank you for posting your experience maya! And I am glad that you have used the LoA to bring about positive change in your life!

There is another thread on the forum about The Secret (the movie) - quite a debate actually, with some people heavily criticizing it. So it is good that you can bring in actual experience, and positive experience at that!

Here is the link: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1588

and Chris Parson... not everything related to a product is deliberate advertising for that product... keep an open mind and an open heart!
Thanks for the link, Nik!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:23 AM   #14
Nik
Avalon Senior Member

I will share my own experiences with the LoA. About half a year ago, after reading Neale Donald Walsch's Happier than God, and after much internal struggles about *what exactly I want to do*, I decided to talk to life directly and just state three specific things that I want. Period.

Believe it or not, here is what I did:

I dressed up in my best shirt, trousers, and shoes. I poured 2 glasses of wine. I pulled up a chair next to the table and window. Then I opened the window and literally invited *LIFE* inside, to sit down, have a drink, and have a conversation.

First I expressed my gratitude toward life in general and asked it to listen to what I want to say. Then I acknowledged my perpetual state of confusion about what I want to do, and declared that I will change that right in that moment. I asked for 3 things:
1. To get a particular diploma that I was studying for (actually 1 of the 2, I did not want the full Masters).
2. To get a very specific job before the end of June 2008.
3. For 2 of my toes to be healthy (I had a particular nail affliction which had been there for a loooong time) before the end of August 2008.

Then I offered to what life had to tell me, if anything. I listened for a few minutes, but apart from the sounds on the street I did not hear anything.

So here is what happened...

Wish 1: The diploma. Got it, in a rather surprising way. I studied with the intention of *just* passing so that I would be qualified only for that diploma rather than the Masters. I qualified for the Masters - grades were surprisingly good! I then had to declare that I only wanted the Postgraduate Diploma... and it was granted.

Wish 2: Very specific job before the end of June 2008. It manifested, actually much earlier than I thought. At one point I just suddenly decided, right I am calling that person (this was early May). In fact, when I did, his remark was that my timing was *perfect* (because of a project they needed to get off the ground soon). Another confirmation.

Wish 3: Yes and no. Massive improvement - and many interesting events throughout the months toward that goal. But not fully - this I attribute to personal laziness in that field!

So there is my experience, a bit different from maya's but thought I would share it in case it may inspire someone, somehow!
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #15
maya12-21-2012
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
I will share my own experiences with the LoA. About half a year ago, after reading Neale Donald Walsch's Happier than God, and after much internal struggles about *what exactly I want to do*, I decided to talk to life directly and just state three specific things that I want. Period.

Believe it or not, here is what I did:

I dressed up in my best shirt, trousers, and shoes. I poured 2 glasses of wine. I pulled up a chair next to the table and window. Then I opened the window and literally invited *LIFE* inside, to sit down, have a drink, and have a conversation.

First I expressed my gratitude toward life in general and asked it to listen to what I want to say. Then I acknowledged my perpetual state of confusion about what I want to do, and declared that I will change that right in that moment. I asked for 3 things:
1. To get a particular diploma that I was studying for (actually 1 of the 2, I did not want the full Masters).
2. To get a very specific job before the end of June 2008.
3. For 2 of my toes to be healthy (I had a particular nail affliction which had been there for a loooong time) before the end of August 2008.

Then I offered to what life had to tell me, if anything. I listened for a few minutes, but apart from the sounds on the street I did not hear anything.

So here is what happened...

Wish 1: The diploma. Got it, in a rather surprising way. I studied with the intention of *just* passing so that I would be qualified only for that diploma rather than the Masters. I qualified for the Masters - grades were surprisingly good! I then had to declare that I only wanted the Postgraduate Diploma... and it was granted.

Wish 2: Very specific job before the end of June 2008. It manifested, actually much earlier than I thought. At one point I just suddenly decided, right I am calling that person (this was early May). In fact, when I did, his remark was that my timing was *perfect* (because of a project they needed to get off the ground soon). Another confirmation.

Wish 3: Yes and no. Massive improvement - and many interesting events throughout the months toward that goal. But not fully - this I attribute to personal laziness in that field!

So there is my experience, a bit different from maya's but thought I would share it in case it may inspire someone, somehow!
Awesome story, Nik...CONGRATS!!!