Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #51
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible and the Evil God: Lies, deception & brainwashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
In the fullness of time, prophetically, Jesus Christ emerged as the most God-like person on the face of Planet Earth. Indeed, he was, and is God. No other human can make that claim! But Jesus said, "greater things will you do!" How could the followers of Almighty God do greater things than God Himself?

all things are possible

in the Name of the Lord

when one partakes in God's work

for all Good is Given by the Grace of God

and It is Received by Trust

One cannot do greater work than God

Jesus did not get much time on Earth

but He is still doing the work within

every Heart that follows Him
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #52
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Abrax.... That all makes so much sense... I read somthing very like that on a web site I'm going to go off and look for that now but mean while... for the people who still want to cling to the Bible as THE WORD THE TRUTH...

Even as a child in Bible class (I was brought up in Bible thumping Catholic Ireland) I just couldn't get in to the limmited concept that the creative mind of the Cosmos... The All that is would appear as a cross man to the Isrealits... and start having hissy fits and mood swings when he didn't get his way..... also that he would deal out death and rape and pain and guilt and punishment in such a small minded very human way???
I got in to a lot of trouble with the nuns but my dad was a bhuddist / Christian lightworker with the Great white brotherhood (The White Eagle Lodge) so I had some secret coaching back home during religios homework!!!

While I go look for this web site to show to Abrax... this is from a post I posted some time ago here on Avalon discussing such issues but I'll repost it..

crazy psychopathic god. (Sure ain't my vision of a true God) and his awful rules..... bible examples

Ritual Human Sacrifice

"At that time the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he went throughout the land of Gilead and Manasseh, including Mizpah in Gilead, and led an army against the Ammonites. And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD. He said, "If you give me victory over the Ammonites, I will give to the LORD the first thing coming out of my house to greet me when I return in triumph. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

"So Jephthah led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory. He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith - twenty towns - and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites. When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter - his only child - ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy. When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish. "My daughter!" he cried out. "My heart is breaking! What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back." And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites. But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin." "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children. When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin. So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter." Judges 11:29-40

Rules of genicide...
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Gods blood lust…Baby Killing,,,
"The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

God kills the Good Samaritan

"The ark of God was placed on a new cart and taken away from the house of Abinadab on the hill. Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab guided the cart, with Ahio walking before it, while David and all the Israelites made merry before the Lord with all their strength, with singing and with citharas, harps, tambourines, sistrums, and cymbals."
"When they came to the threshing floor of Nodan, Uzzah reached out his hand to the ark of God to steady it, for the oxen were making it tip. But the Lord was angry with Uzzah; God struck him on that spot, and he died there before God." (2 Samuel 6:3-7 NAB)

Baby Bashing

"Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9 NAB

Child Beating

"He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him takes care to chastise him" (Proverbs 13:24 NAB)

"Chastise your son, for in this there is hope, but do not desire his death. The man of violent temper pays the penalty; even if you rescue him, you will have to do it again." (Proverbs 19:18-19 NAB)

God tells his people to Kill Followers of Other Religions

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst." (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

God demands Murder, Rape, and Pillage at Jabesh-gilead

"So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan."

"The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives. But there were not enough women for all of them. The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel. So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead? There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever. But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

"Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'" So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes." (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

David's Punishment More rape, murder and baby killing demanded by God

"Thus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives (plural) while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'"
Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die." (The child dies seven days later.) 2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB

Slave Beating

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." Exodus 21:20-21 NAB

Sampson and the Spirit of the Lord

"The spirit of the Lord came upon him (Sampson), and he went down to Ashkelon, where he killed thirty of their men and despoiled them; he gave their garments to those who had answered his riddle." (Sampson used the garments to pay off a bet he lost.) Judges 14:19 NAB

Bloody Sabbath God demands death of man for gathering wood.

"While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was discovered gathering wood on the Sabbath day. Those who caught him at it brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly. But they kept him in custody, for there was no clear decision as to what should be done with him. Then the Lord said to Moses, "This man shall be put to death; let the whole community stone him outside the camp." So the whole community led him outside the camp and stoned him to death as the Lord had commanded Moses." Numbers 15:32-36 NAB

Murder, Rape, Pillage, and Plunder

"As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you. But these instructions apply only to distant towns, not to the towns of nations nearby. "As for the towns of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as a special possession, destroy every living thing in them. You must completely destroy the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, just as the LORD your God has commanded you. This will keep the people of the land from teaching you their detestable customs in the worship of their gods, which would cause you to sin deeply against the LORD your God." Deuteronomy 20:10-18 NLT

Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites

"They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings - Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba - died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho."

"Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves." Numbers 31:7-18 NLT

Burning of temple at Baal (There's nothing like a good church barbeque.)

"Then Jehu called a meeting of all the people of the city and said to them, "Ahab hardly worshiped Baal at all compared to the way I will worship him! Summon all the prophets and worshipers of Baal, and call together all his priests. See to it that every one of them comes, for I am going to offer a great sacrifice to Baal. Any of Baal's worshipers who fail to come will be put to death." But Jehu's plan was to destroy all the worshipers of Baal. Then Jehu ordered, "Prepare a solemn assembly to worship Baal!" So they did. He sent messengers throughout all Israel summoning those who worshiped Baal. They all came and filled the temple of Baal from one end to the other. And Jehu instructed the keeper of the wardrobe, "Be sure that every worshiper of Baal wears one of these robes." So robes were given to them"

"Then Jehu went into the temple of Baal with Jehonadab son of Recab. Jehu said to the worshipers of Baal, "Make sure that only those who worship Baal are here. Don't let anyone in who worships the LORD!" So they were all inside the temple to offer sacrifices and burnt offerings. Now Jehu had surrounded the building with eighty of his men and had warned them, "If you let anyone escape, you will pay for it with your own life."

"As soon as Jehu had finished sacrificing the burnt offering, he commanded his guards and officers, "Go in and kill all of them. Don't let a single one escape!" So they killed them all with their swords, and the guards and officers dragged their bodies outside. Then Jehu's men went into the fortress of the temple of Baal. They dragged out the sacred pillar used in the worship of Baal and destroyed it. They broke down the sacred pillar of Baal and wrecked the temple of Baal, converting it into a public toilet. That is what it is used for to this day." 2 Kings 10:18-27 NLT

Saul’s Kindness???

Saul sent this message to the Kenites: "Move away from where the Amalekites live or else you will die with them. For you were kind to the people of Israel when they came up from Egypt." So the Kenites packed up and left. Then Saul slaughtered the Amalekites from Havilah all the way to Shur, east of Egypt. (1 Samuel 15:6-7 NLT)

Genocide

During this period, Joshua destroyed all the descendants of Anak, who lived in the hill country of Hebron, Debir, Anab, and the entire hill country of Judah and Israel. He killed them all and completely destroyed their towns. Not one was left in all the land of Israel, though some still remained in Gaza, Gath, and Ashdod. So Joshua took control of the entire land, just as the LORD had instructed Moses. He gave it to the people of Israel as their special possession, dividing the land among the tribes. So the land finally had rest from war. (Joshua 11:21-23 NLT)

God hardens hearts and makes people fight the Isralites only to be slaughterd..

So Joshua conquered the entire region – the hill country, the Negev, the land of Goshen, the western foothills, the Jordan Valley, and the mountains and lowlands of Israel. The Israelite territory now extended all the way from Mount Halak, which leads up to Seir, to Baal-gad at the foot of Mount Hermon in the valley of Lebanon. Joshua killed all the kings of those territories, waging war for a long time to accomplish this. No one in this region made peace with the Israelites except the Hivites of Gibeon. All the others were defeated. For the LORD hardened their hearts and caused them to fight the Israelites instead of asking for peace. So they were completely and mercilessly destroyed, as the LORD had commanded Moses. (Joshua 11:16-20 NLT)

Whole Towns Murdered at the bequest of God

The Canaanite king of Arad, who lived in the Negev, heard that the Israelites were approaching on the road to Atharim. So he attacked the Israelites and took some of them as prisoners. Then the people of Israel made this vow to the LORD: "If you will help us conquer these people, we will completely destroy all their towns." The LORD heard their request and gave them victory over the Canaanites. The Israelites completely destroyed them and their towns, and the place has been called Hormah ever since. (Numbers 21:1-3 NLT)

God’s psychotic Wrath

Weep and moan, you evil shepherds! Roll in the dust, you leaders of the flock! The time of your slaughter has arrived; you will fall and shatter like fragile pottery. You will find no place to hide; there will be no way to escape. Listen to the frantic cries of the shepherds, to the leaders of the flock shouting in despair, for the LORD is spoiling their pastures. Peaceful meadows will be turned into a wasteland by the LORD's fierce anger. He has left his den like a lion seeking its prey, and their land will be made desolate by the sword of the enemy and the LORD's fierce anger. (Jeremiah 25:34-38 NLT)

God Slaughter’s countless people///

In that day those the LORD has slaughtered will fill the earth from one end to the other. No one will mourn for them or gather up their bodies to bury them. They will be scattered like dung on the ground. (Jeremiah 25:33 NLT)

The Cup of Anger God insights hate and anger

Then the LORD, the God of Israel, said to me, "Take from my hand this cup filled to the brim with my anger, and make all the nations to whom I send you drink from it. When they drink from it, they will stagger, crazed by the warfare I will send against them." (Jeremiah 25:15-16 NLT)

Complete Destruction

And now the LORD Almighty says: Because you have not listened to me, I will gather together all the armies of the north under King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, whom I have appointed as my deputy. I will bring them all against this land and its people and against the other nations near you. I will completely destroy you and make you an object of horror and contempt and a ruin forever. I will take away your happy singing and laughter. The joyful voices of bridegrooms and brides will no longer be heard. Your businesses will fail, and all your homes will stand silent and dark. This entire land will become a desolate wasteland. (Jeremiah 25:8-11 NLT)
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #53
abraxasinas
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
Hi Abrax.... That all makes so much sense... I read somthing very like that on a web site I'm going to go off and look for that now but mean while... for the people who still want to cling to the Bible as THE WORD THE TRUTH...

Even as a child in Bible class (I was brought up in Bible thumping Catholic Ireland) I just couldn't get in to the limmited concept that the creative mind of the Cosmos... The All that is would appear as a cross man to the Isrealits... and start having hissy fits and mood swings when he didn't get his way..... also that he would deal out death and rape and pain and guilt and punishment in such a small minded very human way???
I got in to a lot of trouble with the nuns but my dad was a bhuddist / Christian lightworker with the Great white brotherhood (The White Eagle Lodge) so I had some secret coaching back home during religios homework!!!

While I go look for this web site to show to Abrax... this is from a post I posted some time ago here on Avalon discussing such issues but I'll repost it..

crazy psychopathic god. (Sure ain't my vision of a true God) and his awful rules..... bible examples

Ritual Human Sacrifice
"At that time the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he went throughout the land of Gilead and Manasseh, including Mizpah in Gilead, and led an army against the Ammonites. And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD. He said, "If you give me victory over the Ammonites, I will give to the LORD the first thing coming out of my house to greet me when I return in triumph. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."
Indeed Antonia!

In terms of 'Word of God'; the bible is the dichotomized version of a NOT Unified 'God' - One true (as the Abba of Jesus) and one false as the Jehovah of the OT.
Basically, you can 'omit' the books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy from the Torah as the 'madness of Jehovah'.
Genesis is potent in archetypes; so are the two 'crazy ones' above' BUT the 'madness' is 'made whole' in reinterpreting the archetypes.
For examples the animal (and human) sacrifices become 'birthright associated' starsigns: 1.Aries=Reuben=Ram/Lamb sacrifices=Firstborn 'loses' its birthright as number 1 in 2.Taurus=Simeon=Bull/Calf sacrifices=Secondborn and more dramatically 10.Capricorn=Zebulon=Goat/kid sacrifices in the even female 10=1+0=1 as odd male archetype.

So some may now understand that 'Jehovah's insanity' is 'cured' in understanding that Leviticus and Deuteronomy DO NOT address blood and bone sacrifices but a REORDERING of lineage succession.

The 12 Sons plus the 13th Daughter Dinah of course NEVER EXISTED as personas, but as the Zodiacal archetypes with a female 'messiah' Dinah later reinterpreted as Mary Magdalene.

EVERYONE so becomes an ISRAELITE and the humanity becomes the 'Chosen Children of God', because everyone has a birthday.
Here are the definitions of Thuban:
1.Aries=Reuben
2.Taurus=Simeon
3.Gemini=Levi
4.Cancer=Dan(via 5 Phaez-Zarah breach partially translated by the British Israelites)
5.Leo=Judah(via 4)
6.Gad=Virgo(via 7 Bhilah-Zilpah breach)
7.Naphtali=Libra.
8. Asher=Scorpio
9.Issachar=Sagittarius
10.Capricorn=Zebulon
11.Aquarius=Joseph with Manasses=USA (partially realised in mormonism) and Ephraim=British Commonwealth.
12.Pisces=Benjamin.

Dinah forms a yin complement to the 12 brothers to form the 24 Elders, as well as the 144,000 then becoming 200 Million for the Great Transformation in the Harvest.

It will be the 'Jehovah'=Yaldabaoth=Dark Lucifer Energy which is part of everyone, which shall be 'harvested' NOT the Light, which is ok where it is.

There are no more gentiles. Everyone incarnate is a SonDaughter of the Source-Energy (Creator).
A very important addendum: the SWORDS of Jehovah become the WORDS of the Logos, the Master-Dragon of Thuban aka The Living Cosmic Christ (also in everyone and NOT some individual 'master').
So the 'physical' killing will become replaced by a 'destruction' of the false archetypes by Words.

Love to you Antonia

Abraxas

Last edited by Karen; 01-10-2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Shorten long quoted passage
abraxasinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #54
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
... for the people who still want to cling to the Bible as THE WORD THE TRUTH...

the Bible is a record of God's intervention with the Middle East culture

if one does not fancy that record or aspect of God one is free to choose another

every culture have Books about Divine Intervention and Inspiration

with volumes of commentaries

Books can at best point to Truth

we have to walk the way to experience It

God is the Creator the Preserver and Destroyer

God is the Subconscious within Everything

and the Superconscious behind it All

that's why it is Right to say I Am God

for there is Only One Consciousness

the difference between God and Man is that God Knows Himself as God

but most people dont wanna be God lol

and that's perfectly alright

if one does not like the religious connotations of the word God

then by all means change it to something that feels comfortable for you

for It Is All That Is

Last edited by RedeZra; 01-10-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #55
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Remember the book 'Rich Dad. Poor Dad.'? Perhaps there should be a book titled 'Good God. Bad God.' I'm really not into lambasting the evils and lies of religion and the Bible. I'm really not into ridiculing religious people. However...we do have to be open and honest...if we wish to climb to higher ground...so to speak. We have a terrible mess here on Earth...but we could have a terrible mess throughout the Universe. This may take a long, long time to clean up. This may involve unbelievable sacrifices, hardships, and setbacks. I'm bracing for the worst...yet I keep venturing forth as though I thought everything could be straightened out by December 21, 2012! I suspect a very dark universal history...filled with treachery, violence, atrocities, mistakes, delusions, hatred, predjudice, insanity, corruption, etc, etc, etc. Our Earth history seems to have powerful hidden underlying currents of Human and Non-Human factions battling for supremacy...while millions and billions of innocents pay dearly!

Here is an afterthought. I love sacred music...especially sacred music performed in cathedrals or large churches! I love choirs and pipe-organs! Try watching and listening to all of the cathedral music you can find on You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_MkamzQZwA&NR=1 This might open your eyes to a lot of things...both good and bad! Some of my greatest epiphanies occured when I was playing Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor over and over on a huge pipe-organ which towered 50 feet above where I sat! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDM7Z...eature=related I continue to long for a non-penetential, non-sacrificial, Ecumenical Namaste Mass, Celebrating the Divinity Within Humanity, which is based upon the Latin Mass. Imagine this in the context of Saint Sulpice, Notre Dame de Paris, Westminster Abbey, etc, etc. At the same time...I long for most of the people of the world to really get into what we grapple with here in Avalon. This is hard work...and it shouldn't be done by just a few Humans and Non-Humans (Terrestrial and Extraterrestrial).

This Universe is very dark! Would someone please turn on the light? How much does it really cost to keep light on the Earth?

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 01-10-2010 at 09:57 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #56
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
We have a terrible mess here on Earth...but we could have a terrible mess throughout the Universe. This may take a long, long time to clean up.

there was a terrible mess in the Middle East too

in the time God choose Abraham to build a Righteous nation

in the lands where the people of evil practises were cut down

perhaps God should not have Intervened as He did

for Israel fell back to old practises moral decline and fell out of Grace

so God the Superconsciousness came as Jesus to teach and to set a noble example

to convey the message that the world is not the be all and end all

that the Soul is far Greater then all the riches in this world

maybe that's why God does not get rid of todays ruling elite as He once did in the Middle East

for we know what's right still we choose wrong

so we receive what we deserve

but there is a change coming

and how this change will come about

we will have to wait and see

and in the meantime

it is never wrong to be good decent human beings
Old 01-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #57
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

You make a good point. God or ET's could get rid of all the bad guys and gals at the top of the pyramid...but if we the peons remained irresponsible...this intervention wouldn't do any good. In fact...it might make things worse.

Namaste
Old 01-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #58
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Orthodoxy wrote: I believe in good and evil.

That simple statement looks like a pol-parroted program to me, and although we follow what you are saying, anymore, those words put together just don't measure up to the actual message you may be trying to state, which I think is this : I witness good and bad, which says that you see the two exist.

I think it is "time" to change our vocabulary.
Fallen/evil/bad equates to ignorant, misguided, lost...
Did you not recognize the truth at one point? What was it that triggered your recognition?

Krysted/christ consciousness/good equates to having awakened or knowing where "God" resides... WITHIN.... yes, even within the sleeping christs.

I think we may even need to remove the title Christ as it still rings of divisive because it relates to a particular religion, things are so messed up.

That the Creator/God/Source of All is within, is a Knowing, not a belief.

Any mention of patriarchal pronouns is indication of Ignorance.
Any mention of race or gender preference is indication of Ignorance.

God hid itself in the unlikely place, right under your nose. Within.

It is all about Ignorance and Knowledge... ignorance is not stupid...

To even spend time "bashing" religions is just not part of being an awakened person.

Demonstrate otherwise.

These concepts to me, are so simple, I am too, at an impasse why most people do not see thru the "lies" of the religions that are divisive!!!

The battle is within! Can we agree on that?

My husband and I, rather jokingly, thought & pondered a new "religion".... called God Within

I remember, as a small child, around 5, in Sunday School... and how intimidated I was to have to repeat stories that did not merge with my innocence.... to be asked questions to riddles that intruded upon my senses, but was not old enough or did not have the vocabulary to respond adequately... I knew as a small child that the story was Scarey, something very troubling about it all....

Where ARE the leaders that can cause one to come into the recognition that all humans have the same lot in life... shelter, food, love, education, respect....

So many are just lost and without hope... they are prey for the churches that divide and conquer, that's how I see it.

I got carried away... I can't believe I'm even writing anything.

Read the title of the thread..... Might a new Thread be started that anchors in assistance of countering a focus of Lies, Deception & Brainwashing? Probably not because Stardustsquarian has already posted the fact of the matter in the 12 Responsibilities of Mastery, and that makes each one of us look at ourselves, and that's too hard, now isn't it? It's more "fun" to point the finger outward.

http://www.azuritepress.com/techniqu...ibilities.html
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #59
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I remember, as a small child, around 5, in Sunday School... and how intimidated I was to have to repeat stories that did not merge with my innocence....
I had to endure all that **** as well - for a while.

I think the last day I spent there was when they handed out all these paper pieces to all the kids that made letters. I was the only kid that made the word DOG whereas all the others made GOD.

I also remember an earlier episode: the Vicar asking me do define faith, I said I could not (since faith to me is a stupid idea). I asked if he could. So far as I remember he could not - at least not in terms that I found sounded remotely like truth.

I think my parents got the idea I didnt fit in there so they had to look after me a bit more on Sunday instead of conveniently dumping me off for some peace and quiet

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:23 AM   #60
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

I believe in the existence of good...and in the existence of evil. There really is goodness...and there really is evil. Of course...some believe that nothing is real. I can't believe it! I don't mean to be mean or judgmental...but arguments against the existence of sin, right and wrong, good and evil...are deluded, morally bankrupt, relativistic mumbo jumbo rants...consisting of pure, unmitigated poppycock..even if they are uttered by a televangelist in a megachurch with a Mumbo Jumbotron! And don't argue with me if you disagree...because you don't believe that anyone can be bad or wrong! Q.E.D. Case closed. Next! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAI8W...eature=related

One small child defined faith as 'believing what ain't so'. Another small child was asked what the wise-men saw when they looked skyward. His answer? 'Sputnik!' As a small child...I was asked why animals have tails. My answer? 'To cover-up their butts!' Art Linkletter was right. Kids do say the darndest things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBMOhM31EyM

Did you hear the one about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac? He lay awake each night...wondering if there was a DOG! He was probably looking out the window at the God Star. Siriusly.

What do you call a sleep-walking nun? A Roam'n Catholic with a Bad Habit!

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 01-11-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:06 AM   #61
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member

Redza... You speak with great conviction and elequance of the Bible and interpretation of what god means to you and it is admirable that you get such conviction and solid faith from the bible amongst other things...

Good for you and each man /woman to his own as they say... I can't and don't but I do have great connection to the Divine Mother/Father/Prime Source and all the Ambasadors and co-creatoers that I beleive work together in tandum with the divine Source....

I am on my own journey and respect everyone else's points of view...

Even the Bible says "There are many paths to my fathers house!"
(Think it was Jesus?)

What we all do agree on though is that we are all on a path of emense discovery and remeberance....and re-connection...
and Vive le diferance as it would be an awful old drudgery of a bisiness if we were all the same and thought the same?

You can always count on Greg to make us feel the energy of God ..blessings...
(Below)

Abrax... you wise old thing once more.. I totally gell with what you say..Love back to you ...

Oxy... I always love your posts and how your mind works... Love to you too Antonia
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:28 AM   #62
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Time and time again men just as yourself and woman have been contacted from the spiritual realm and given messages to pass on to their brothers and sisters. Higher consciousnesses have also incarnated on this earth to give those messages to humanity directly time and time again. These messages have been given in the purest universal love and truth. Over time individuals and elite groups have then distorted these messages and twisted or misrepresented them to their own advantage. The messages, however, are very strong and a man or woman of good heart with good intention can see the true message within the brambles and gain from them. A man or woman looking at the messages without the benefit of a good solid heart foundation will only see the brambles. Jesus was one of many messengers to try and set the record straight.

Fundamentally, many religions share the same message at their heart.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...tory+of+jesus#
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #63
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

I think my brain is working better today... I did not mean that good and evil do not exist... I was merely pointing out that perhaps it is time to recognize that "evil" equates to those that are cut off from Source, the UnEnlightened, (those not in their right mind, whose actions are deemed Evil).

How Might We Bring the Unenlightened to Enlightenment?

Would it be better, perhaps, to use the words "Enlightened and Unenlightened" over words like "good and evil" because I can see how compassion enters the picture with the former and a warrior/fighting stance may enter with the latter word choice.

Going for some tea now...
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #64
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I think my brain is working better today... I did not mean that good and evil do not exist... I was merely pointing out that perhaps it is time to recognize that "evil" equates to those that are cut off from Source, the UnEnlightened, (those not in their right mind, whose actions are deemed Evil).

How Might We Bring the Unenlightened to Enlightenment?

Would it be better, perhaps, to use the words "Enlightened and Unenlightened" over words like "good and evil" because I can see how compassion enters the picture with the former and a warrior/fighting stance may enter with the latter word choice.

Going for some tea now...
I knew what you meant...but I just felt like ranting. I rant...because I can. I rant...therefore I am. I don't want a solution...I just want to rant.

I understand the evils of a rigid and fundamentalist treatment of evil...but irresponsible relativism is not the answer either. Enlightened people have been some of the most evil people in the history of the world. This is a real problem...which isn't going away anytime soon.

Arguing on Avalon is probably a good place to begin. And putting into practice the message in the video just posted by Initiate.

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 01-11-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #65
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You make a good point. God or ET's could get rid of all the bad guys and gals at the top of the pyramid...but if we the peons remained irresponsible...this intervention wouldn't do any good. In fact...it might make things worse.
Namaste
yes ... this resonates with me greatly ... it is what i have been repeatedly reminded for the last few years ...
intervention could effortlessly occur ... but what ... what would that change ... it would change not a thing that would benefit this world as we individually would not have changed ...
the new will not be handed to us on a silver platter ... we must take responsibility to change what is ...
otherwise ... we will continue taking taking taking ...
time we take one last thing ... and it's a biggy ... OWNERSHIP ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:12 AM   #66
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
God or ET's could get rid of all the bad guys and gals at the top of the pyramid...but if we the peons remained irresponsible...this intervention wouldn't do any good. In fact...it might make things worse.
yes besides most everyone is a mix of good and not so good

not many left if God wants to uproot

I believe the ET to be an orchestrated distraction à la the War on Terror and the Cold War

the Elite needs an Enemy or the Empire will Fall
Old 01-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #67
maya12-21-2012
Avalon Senior Member

EA: As a christian, do you believe the story of jesus? Is it possible that jesus is part of the lies, deception and brainwashing?
maya12-21-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #68
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Religion and everything associated with it is based on the assumption that the stories human beings tell each other about gods and the supernatural are true. However, if one were to believe the Bible to be true (or the word of the one true and living god), which I did for many years, you have to maintain a hubristic attitude that I can no longer justify.

To think that our tiny species, living on our tiny planet, adrift in the vastness of space, which will exist for such a minuscule amount of time is the center of 'creation', or that we have the capacity to understand some 'greater reality' requires such arrogance it is amazing so many of us are blind to it. In reality, we are limited by what is available to us.

We are resource limited beings. The resource limited human brain cannot comprehend reality beyond the tiny sliver of space and time our species will ever occupy. This fact confounds these great cosmic mystical notions contained in religion and most spiritual practice. Or at least it does in my mind.

All stories about what exits outside of our tiny sphere of experienced universe are simply that ... stories. They may hold object lessons or human wisdom that might be useful, some of it is harmful, but they are human stories, created by humans for humans. This fact explains why 'revealed' information is so varied and contradictory and why humans have fought and killed each other over it for so long. It isn't 'divine' in way shape or form, it is human, animal, of the earth, and the product of the human imagination.

That's the way I see it anyway. Your views and opinions may vary.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #69
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I believe in the existence of good...and in the existence of evil.
Isn't it true that good and evil exist only within the human mind? Is the Earth evil when an earthquake kills and disrupts life on its surface? Is a lion evil for killing an antelope? I think the majority of folks would see how silly those questions are so why do we try to impose the human concepts of good and evil on the 'reality' that is beyond human societal behavior? Certainly morals and ethics are good things and we'd hard pressed to get along without them but isn't important to recognize what exists solely as a human concept and what is real? Within the realm of human interaction there are good and evil acts. There may be diseased individuals who take pleasure from destructive (evil) acts but they are malfunctioning organisms and not the victims of some supernatural compulsion.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #70
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
We are resource limited beings. The resource limited human brain cannot comprehend reality beyond the tiny sliver of space and time our species will ever occupy. This fact confounds these great cosmic mystical notions contained in religion and most spiritual practice. Or at least it does in my mind.

you are what you say

for you say what you think

and you think what you feel

and you feel it applies to everyone

but it does not include anyone

but yourself
Old 01-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #71
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeZra View Post
you are what you say for you say what you think and you think what you feel and you feel it applies to everyone but it does not include anyone but yourself
"That's the way I see it anyway. Your views and opinions may vary."

Nevertheless, all human brains are operating with pretty much the same limited resources in both capacity and available data. Concepts, ideas, and belief systems that disregard this fact operate in the realm of fantasy.

Last edited by trainedobserver; 01-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #72
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
I had to endure all that **** as well - for a while.

I think the last day I spent there was when they handed out all these paper pieces to all the kids that made letters. I was the only kid that made the word DOG whereas all the others made GOD.

I also remember an earlier episode: the Vicar asking me do define faith, I said I could not (since faith to me is a stupid idea). I asked if he could. So far as I remember he could not - at least not in terms that I found sounded remotely like truth.

I think my parents got the idea I didnt fit in there so they had to look after me a bit more on Sunday instead of conveniently dumping me off for some peace and quiet

A..

NO wonder why so many people hate God ...Religions are the main cause of disappointing people. On the other hand, God allows that so every soul will show its true quality ,everyone has free will and act upon it.

Vicars,priests,clergy and all other man made forms of religion are simply man made things. Not perfect-AND- surely not God`s creation. Man made religions in order to rule other men and gain various profit from them. From time ,power to money and finally -soul. But as we -humans are not born as slaves- we have a way out of this slavery brought upon us. Free will and God`s word.
Again everybody has an access to Bible and can find answers there,only if he wants to dig deep,to compare verses thoroughly ,diligently to stay on the Bible course -NOT- on religious course ( rules & regulations from churches).

NO one is excused. But again it is up to each person to make up its mind will he/she search for God or not.
Love,wisdom,power,justice are the very core of God-Creator. They do not change as God does not change.
We may hate him, yell at his deeds ,works and else but we can`t do a darn thing against. Simply we do not know all the facts,why God did this or that.We don`t know maaaany thing and yet we dare to spit on them.We don`r realize that we would not live at all if God didn`t arrange life circumstances in Earth. In fact the very air we breed is his creation as all is.

Alas! Free will, great gift! With such a great gift comes great responsibility, meaning that what we choose to do-that will happen to us.
What we sow-that we reap.

What do we think or conceive or imagine can not change facts and truth about God. Like it or not.
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #73
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Moxie I get your point:

We all share the same Source. As it is written: God is a sun that shines on both the just and the unjust.

God is the Sun of our Being. We live in God and God lives in us.

Now that being said, while it is true we are all One, it is also true that we are all free willed individualization's of the source.

Many have misused their opportunity to grow in consciousness and serve Life to instead serve only themselves, and even to try and halt life.

There is darkness. The universe is not yet ascended, so there are many many shadows. THe shadows, although they are truly temporary illusion and have no value whatsoever for God other than this temporary experience, have taken on a life of their own.

Many lifestreams, including fallen angels, have chosen to associate themselves with the temporary illusion of the darkness.

Much like the emperor in the movie star wars, many have chosen to associate themselves with the temporary illusion that there is power in the dark side.

That being said, I agree very much with some sentiments that there is a cosmic clean up underway. Those who have continued to chosen the darkness that is death to draw their source from, are consumed by the Light as it decends.

We are here Now for the rebirth of planet Earth into a Golden Age. All those who choose to align themselves with Life, with Love will make the shift into this virtually infinitely better way of Being.

The key to making the shift into the Golden Age, is being less focused on ourselves, than we are on helping others.

As we will see the current systems in our world, the towers of babel tumble to the ground, it is the ultimate opportunity for us to connect directly to our source within us, to our Divine flame within us, and help bring forth solutions to help our fellow man co-create a New Earth that is abundant for all rather than just for a small elite.

Those who love God love their neighbor. God requires no worship whatsoever, just that we choose Life.

Asking questions and pondering answers is the key to our spiritual growth. For if you ask, it shall be given. But we must be as children to enter the kingdom of heaven that is inside of us here and Now ~ meaning, there is always More, as soon as we 'think' we have the answers, then we're stuck. We're students in the schoolroom of infinity, so being life long learners is the way to BE.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:05 AM   #74
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
"That's the way I see it anyway. Your views and opinions may vary."

Nevertheless, all human brains are operating with pretty much the same limited resources in both capacity and available data. Concepts, ideas, and belief systems that disregard this fact operate in the realm of fantasy.
fine it is so for you then

try tell a Sage that he cannot bilocate transmute levitate

even if you dont believe it

he will still do it

from your realm of fantasy

Last edited by RedeZra; 01-13-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #75
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

The King James version published in the 1950's was revised at Yale Divinity school. The transcriptionist was female. Her name was Betty Jean Morgan Davis. So, the bible that the fundamentalist churches are using was actually written (on a typewriter) by a woman. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it! Mrs. David Morgan Baker, aka, lindabaker.
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, bible, god, new world order, religion