Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 03:59 AM   #26
JoshG_528hz
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible and the Evil God: Lies, deception & brainwashing

How can any person in their right mind argue for the validity of the bible by quoting from it? Faith? Come on! I just feel like sharing one of my major pet peeves. Whenever i try to point out the many flaws in the bible, this is a very common response - "Have you ever heard of faith?" "You have to have faith" - I NEED TO HAVE BLIND OBEDIENCE BASED ON WHAT MY FAMILY WAS TOLD TO BELIEVE FOR GENERATIONS!? Well, thats what is sounds like to me. anyone else?
JoshG_528hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:10 AM   #27
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuza View Post
I would love to have free reign of the Vatican City and everything that is locked inside and search underneath - about a year should do it. A few forum members can help - no.
I'll join ya..
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:26 AM   #28
Edward Alexander
Avalon Senior Member

Allie: Thanks for that lengthy post and explanation =)

I will have to check out some of the work of Alice Bailey as I can not really comment on her at all.

Mostly I work with non-physical beings myself and honestly I read very little these days as I get more insights from myself and inner journeys than from any book.

Not sure what the racism is about, though I have heard about it, when it comes to Blavatsky as well. I've not studied theosophy in depth, mostly just read some of the material of the two authors I mentioned, and those two I'm quite fond of. However there is some material that is rather outdated and per my own experiences different than what they say. The problem, often, is that authors on these subjects tend to speak on behalf of Truth itself, as if they know The Answer - something I am very careful about doing myself. I can tell how things are, according to my own experience, but I will not say that this is the Truth, as I have realized there are in facts many "truths" and ways to experience reality, so it is a more fluid thing than a stable one, and changes constantly. Although there is of course what seem to be a more stable core of truth at deeper levels.

My own communication with the Masters are of great value and have taught me a lot, actually really profound things, and I keep realizing more and seeing more of our existence.

The deeper I dig the more complex it gets, the more answers I find the more questions arise =)

Love be with you all,
-EA
Edward Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #29
meekforce
Avalon Senior Member

alexsander says
My own communication with the Masters are of great value and have taught me a lot, actually really profound things, and I keep realizing more and seeing more of our existence.

Who are these masters?
What profound things?
What do you see of our existence?
meekforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:42 AM   #30
meekforce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowstalker View Post
I'll join ya..
I would too, but I do understand the old languages - Greek, hebrew (sounds like beer), sumarian, chinese, etc - but if you get there - please share
meekforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #31
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Alexander View Post
WhiteCrow: Good points there, I agree to virtually all of it, except for the manifestation of God part. I do not think the True God above All manifests or take part of anything happening here, he has set in place other systems to make sure things are going the way as designed. Such as divine Laws etc.
We could probably have an interesting conversation about that. It'd be easy for me to say I disagree with that, only I've noticed that often when I have these conversations, I eventually come to realize that we're saying almost the same thing from different perspectives, even though it may not sound that way at the beginning. So until we have that conversation I will simply choose to respect your opinion as I do my own.

Quote:
...there is to me little doubt several religions were put in place to mislead people and direct them away from true spiritual development, so the power that be that organized these religions could keep their own power and control over their followers.
If you'd said several denominations or several churches instead of several religions, you'd have my total agreement. And I'm curious what you mean when you use the term "put in place." Who "puts" are religion in place? By what mechanism is this achieved?

Good posts, good thread. Makes my wheels turn.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #32
Edward Alexander
Avalon Senior Member

meekforce: I have another thread touching upon some of those things, look for "Revelations from a Master".

Your questions are deep and need more time for me to properly respond, for now I will have to wait with that as it is late here and time for journeys into dreamland =)

Whitecrow: If you want to elaborate, feel free to do so, when it comes to your first quote.

For the second one, a religion can be put in place from everything to a larger group that have planned to do so either for their own agenda, or because they actually believe it, but also by private people. I could put in place a religion of my own if I really wanted, and for many different purposes.

The way it is achieved is simple enough - get enough gullible persons and present them with some uncommono events, or even stories of such events, and you're good on your way already.

Will have to expand further on this tomorrow or so if that is requested.

Night for now, and blessings.
-EA
Old 11-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #33
taomation
Avalon Senior Member

This thread very much establishies what Dr. Deagle was taling about in his interview. Divorce yourself from the middle man! You are conected part of consciousness, but feel largley becasue of the left brain that you are disconneted.

But the one thing that I have learned is to not waste time on differences. If we are all spirtual people then when should allow each of us to grow at our own pace.

Certainly, I do find it strange to find hard core bible believers on this forum. If you listen to Svali on any numerous other whistle blowers and articles on Camelot and elswhere it is fairly obvious that the Christain Church and specifically the Vatican are a very corrupt group and that is putting in mildly. Constantine made sure that the bible carried with it the political agenda of the Roman Empire and was re-edited as a tool to control the masses.

That being said, it is very difficult if not impossible to overcome a persons conditioning and denial and in my opinoion a complete waste of time. The minute that you try to convince anyone of anything a wall of cognitive dissonance comes down and they can't even hear what you saying. They are just trying to think of the next thing they are going to say in thier argument. And believe me I have tried.

That's why we must be careful what we learn, because after we learn it, we act as if we were the ones who came up with it and then when a better idea comes along we reject it, because we feel we didn't come up with it ourselves.

Just as with Freudian psychology, the patient has to come to the answers on his own otherwise he will reject them.

In other words beings have to grow at thier own pace and they will get there with or without our help eventually...Tao
taomation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #34
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

taomation, good post.
Ed thanks for these threads. It's good to find a like mind.
I don't have any channeling contacts but I recognise truth to most everything you've put forward.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #35
arcora
Banned

xxx

Last edited by arcora; 11-12-2008 at 01:43 AM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #36
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Taomation.

Although I understand the rationale behind your thoughts in respect of differences, I think it's how we all approach them For my part, I love to hear the perspectives of others - which are often very different - they make me think, often make me review my own perspectives and inevitably, I find I can learn/grow from them. Even if it doesn't alter my view, I might find a lesson arises from my own reactions. What I think occasionally goes wrong is that others become scathing or perdantic if your views don't match theirs, and that's where the real 'differences' begin to show. Healthy debate - such as appears to be present on this thread - is ...well,....healthy

Edward

I was interested to read both Blavatsky and Bailey's view of God. Or rather, their rampant dismissal What intrigued me was the life each had led prior to their becoming theosophists. Blavatsky had been very religious - in the conventional, Russian Orthodox fashion, but turned full circle following the death of a child, widely believed to be her own (although she wouldn't admit it). She failed to understand how a loving God could deal her such a hand. Similarly, Bailey had been raised in a somewhat orthodox Christian background -marrying into it too -and later reacted to it (or her one-time husband) I find both conversions telling and wonder if their personal experiences coloured their later writing. In times of trouble some people 'find' faith, others lose it. The AM's who worked with both apparently found them 'trying'

I don't read many books on the AM's any more. But, I don't regret reading Bailey - if only because it made me think. The number of people who, when reading the racist bits, which truly were appalling, continued to find excuses for Bailey or ways to 'interpret' and 'understand' what she'd said was interesting. Even though what she'd written appeared pretty unenlightened, the blind loyalty was nevertheless apparent. It made me think about how our need for a leader or a teacher can have its darker side.

I was also pleased to have read Bailey just to understand how she is playing out today. As the instigator of the 'New Age', her views are slipping into the UN and apparently into schools in America. Not being American, I don't know how true that is, though It's actually rather difficult to know which agenda Mrs Bailey's work is supporting, but some believe it isn't particularly healthy. Whether you take that view or not depends on your perspective of race and religion.

Before I leave the topic of the AM's, I wondered what your thoughts are on Benjamin Creme and his assertation that Maitreya is already here and has addressed many crowds in many nations - oh, and certain UN delegates, too?

I don't have too many thoughts with respect to the Bible. Although I am reasonably informed, I haven't made what might be honestly called a scholarly study. The UK takes a rather quiet, reserved approach to religion. Like politics and money, it's an 'off the agenda' topic, generally considered too personal a question to ask of another When Tony Blair mentioned God we were mostly appalled! We don't like our politics and religion mixing Historically, it's led to mindless bloodshed and strife.

I believe that the ancient Jewish scholars did not take the Bible at face value, but interpreted it into what we now know as the Talmud. Their interpretations could be so focused that it wasn't unknown for them to get hung up for ages on the meaning of a single word. The Talmud, however, remains in the same form today - i.e. under an interpretation that is centuries old. It would be very good if today's scholars undertook the task again

I knew a very cool rabbi who gave me some interesting insights into the non-literal interpretations of the bible - such as the book of Ruth, which he said was not to be taken literally as it had been written simply to encourage converts to Judaism

Thanks for the open-minded thread, Edward
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #37
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie View Post
... I wondered what your thoughts are on Benjamin Creme and his assertation that Maitreya is already here and has addressed many crowds in many nations - oh, and certain UN delegates, too?
Would that be Obamaitreya?
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:13 PM   #38
Artemis
Avalon Senior Member

Now I shall do something I seldom do... get out on thin ice and put out a information I have recived .... I have not find anything that this information actualy is true , and it can have another meaning....

It is a great deciever coming or originating from the Benelux-countries...
(Belgique, Nederland and Luxemburg)..... and it was carefully chosen, as they want us to subconciuosly think of good and light....

I do not know for sure what they meant, if this great decivier is antichrist...
But if it is I do think of EU and its headquarter in bryssel....

But as I said, this is information I have been given 1998 under strange circumstances....and I have not been given any more clues.... so I have not get any chanse to confirm it for myself....

I am a da*n stubborn woman that need a lot of clues until I take it for my truth, or have a strong and convincing experience, preferably through my physical eyes....
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #39
Edward Alexander
Avalon Senior Member

Have to be a bit brief with this post, but regarding Maitreya I think there are several such master teachers out there already - and even here as well within these forums and of people whom have been interviewed by Bill and Kerry - these teachers are here for us, to assist and serve and guide us towards our inner self and true being, to make us realize our own amazing abilities and powers. They work independently around the world, speaking for different groups of people, in different ways but yet delivering the same core of the real message.

Of course there are deceivers, the quite opposite beings, out there as well, firmly established in every part of society, and perhaps even more in the New Age scene and among people like ourselves. Finding your true inner guide and connection with the Divine is the most important step towards self-realization than what any Master can tell you - as usual question what you are being told by others and never take anything as a fact, blindly believing is the worst we can do.

May your inner guide be with you all,
-EA
Old 11-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #40
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Whitecrow: If you want to elaborate, feel free to do so, when it comes to your first quote.
This is so much an area of belief and faith that I don't even know if it's really apropos for this forum. I very much resonate with the idea of Manifestations even though what constitutes one, and who qualified and who didn't are topics that could waste decades if we let that happen. If we are agreed that there has been, and can continue to be interaction between people and Larger Principals, that's probably good enough for us to proceed in friendship.

Quote:
...I could put in place a religion of my own if I really wanted, and for many different purposes.

The way it is achieved is simple enough - get enough gullible persons and present them with some uncommon events, or even stories of such events, and you're good on your way already.
The thing is, I've imagined this scenario too, any number of times, and I don't see it working out that way. This is why I made my original comment, that if you'd said churches or denoms... People that attempt to start religions rarely succeed in starting anything more than a cult. Jonestown, Heaven's Gate and David Koresh come to mind. None of these were religions in the true sense.

The reason I couldn't start a religion is that I have no new revelation concerning the relationship between God and man. I think all the information that's needed is already out there. I could to be sure, repackage some of that information into some shiny new model and proclaim myself a prophet, but several things would result. First, most everyone would immediately see that I was a fraud. Second, even more people wouldn't care whether I was or not. And third, the followers I'd gather around me would be weak and gullible fools, the very sort of person I prefer not to be associated with. But that's me.

Founders of great religions have not so much chosen as had it thrust upon them. If it was possible to simply go out and start a religion, the world would be filled with religions that glorify wealth. There are churches and ministers that glorify wealth, but I do not know of a major religious tradition that teaches this.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #41
Edward Alexander
Avalon Senior Member

Well religions are well-established because they've been around for so long and had the time to grow and expand and keep in their state of power and control over their masses.

But, you do mention some cults, however what about Scientology? That is a rather new Religion, also pretty big, and it glorifies wealth I'd say too =)

That's a good example on what one man can achieve if he wants - funny thing is Ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer but also associated with "real" magicians and religious people such as Aleister Crowley, and NASA scientist & fellow Occultist Jack Parson, founder of Jet Propulsions Lab (JPL) among others.

Though that's a huge topic on its own though.

In either case, I agree with your about an interactio between people and Larger Principles as you word it.

Blessings.
-EA
Old 11-02-2008, 05:24 AM   #42
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all
Interesting thread; perhaps a tad controversial, so I shan't get in too deep, because the bottom line is if you're looking for fallacies, discrepancies, etc. you will most certainly find it. But if you're looking for confirmation, inspiration, or divine guidance you'll probably find that too.

In my opinion one of the biggest fallacies in the bible is the idea that Jehovah (or JHWH) was the "one, true God" as he claimed to be. Think about it; he was jealous, vengeful, threw temper tantrums like a 2 yr old, etc. In the Ra Material, he is even portrayed as a negative "Service-to Self" entity, who mixed in just enough truth to be believable. I tend to agree, because I've studied the Ra Material for yrs and find it to be among the purest information available.
SuperManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:11 AM   #43
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManny View Post
In my opinion one of the biggest fallacies in the bible is the idea that Jehovah (or JHWH) was the "one, true God" as he claimed to be. Think about it; he was jealous, vengeful, threw temper tantrums like a 2 yr old...
Well, that's what they wrote about him, anyway. These books of the Old Testament are bronze-age documents. Folks didn't have a real clear understanding of cause and effect. And these were the mainstream media of the time, too...and no more reliable perhaps than what we have today.

I think that to conclude there's no Divine Mind because of what some people wrote about their ideas about God...is throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #44
Norval
Banned

The Bible and the Evil God: Lies, deception & brainwashing

Yes, I have to agree, that is what this thread is all about.
While many read "others" writings about the bible, why?

Do not any of you trust yourselves to read it for yourselves?

The bible is a book all about love and sacrifice.

It contains the instructions for an Intergalactic Governance.

If you can't read it for some reason, get someone to read it to you.
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:23 AM   #45
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Does Gaia believe in God?
Mother Earth (Gaia) through Pepper Lewis

I just have one small question. Do you believe in God?

Your question is short, but it is not small.
It is an interesting question, and of obvious importance to you.
Uncertain times carry uncertainty into almost every area of life,
creeping into the deeper recesses of one's thoughts and challenging even those things and thoughts that have been accepted at face value for eons of time

But may I engage you peacefully and politely by suggesting that your question is a challenge designed to confront the science that enables channeling, the channel who is now veiled behind these words,
and your own doubts and beliefs about the subject? No matter!

It is simply best to state the known in one's search for the unknown.

With this is mind, let's begin with what is known about God versus what is believed.

Interesting telling points distinguish philosophers, scientists, followers of religious faith, and other lay people.

One of these is the use of the terms belief and knowledge, because while some people make a distinction between what they know and what they believe, others do not.

It is human nature to accept a belief as a known fact, particularly when exploring a subject or statement that is considered accurate, true, or justified.

A belief in God, or a higher power/authority is a perfect example of a concept appropriately named justified true belief, which describes a traditional relationship in which a belief is also considered knowledge if the belief is true, and if the believer has a justification (a necessarily plausible assertion that may or may not include evidence).

False beliefs, even if true and sincere, would not be justified under this concept, because they are not necessary and plausible to a large enough percentage of the population.

Beliefs are assumptions that humanity makes about itself, about others, and about how it expects things are or will one day be. Beliefs are also definitive ideas about how individuals and groups think things really are. When a large group or segment of the population thinks similarly, it often believes similarly as well. A

justified belief sees other beliefs as less than just. Most beliefs presume a subject and an object of belief, which requires a subjective and objective God, an internal and external relationship with God.

Beliefs are further divided into core beliefs, those that you might actively consider, dispositional beliefs, those that you simply choose to believe or disbelieve, and occurent beliefs, those that you are currently considering based upon stored knowledge or unconcluded wisdom. Based upon the foregoing, do you know what part of your being believes in God? It may be more likely that a part of your being knows God, so let's explore further.

Just as with beliefs there are many different forms of knowledge, each one important in its own way. Scientific knowledge, for instance, is a method of inquiry that focuses upon gathering empirical, observable and measurable evidence. It is subject to specific principles of reasoning, the collection of data, experimentation, and formulation and testing of hypotheses. Partial knowledge acknowledges that in most realistic cases it is not possible to have an extensive or exhaustive understanding of a subject, and that most real problems can be solved by combining a partial understanding with the proper context and other data.

Situational knowledge as the name implies, applies to a specific situations and is often embedded in language, culture and tradition. Other forms of knowledge include trial and error, learning from direct experience, secondhand knowledge, and discovery.

Do you know how you know what you know, or do you believe deeply in what you believe that you know about God?

Knowledge about God and belief in God are supported by faith. Faith is the confidence and trust that one places upon truth; it is the trustworthiness of a person, thing or idea. Faith has a special advantage in that it involves a concept of past events and future outcomes.

Faith does not require logical proof or material evidence. Informally, faith and trust are similar, but in this regard faith would more appropriately connote a context of religion or spirituality, where a transcendent reality in a Supreme Being is implied. Faith is the point of view of the mind that a certain statement or belief is true.

The mind accedes (accepts) belief based upon declarations by accepted forms of authority including people, books, doctrine and scripture. Faith encourages the acquisition of knowledge and growth.

Those who believe and also know God have faith in their beliefs.

Although you may not agree that faith is within your field of concern, I would tell you otherwise. Faith, like its counterpart hope, rises and falls during seasons of discontent. Faith is also affected by economic conditions, changes in lifestyle and living situation, sickness, and especially when others in one's family or community experience a change of heart in regard to their spiritual beliefs. When faith and hope waver the individual and the collective mind of humanity suffers a kind of stroke, paralyzing some thoughts and exaggerating others.

A spiritual stroke is like a great divide between mountain ranges - there is no clear path between here and there. One must pick one's way in roundabout ways and up and over rocky crags.

I will tell you what I know and believe about God, but only some of it will meet with your approval, because your mind and your heart currently wander the great divide between what you believe, what you know, what you hope, and the direction that members in your immediate family are beginning to take.

The God you reference in your question is a deity. A deity is a supernatural immortal being who is holy, divine, sacred and worthy of great respect. God is the sole deity in insofar as many world religions are concerned and the principal deity in many belief systems. God is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent. He is eternal and necessary to human existence.

The modern concept of God is one in which He is personal and active in the organization and governance of the universe and the world you live in. God is invisible, but is thought to dwell in holy places such as Heaven, supernatural planes and celestial spheres. God is made manifest to humanity through the effects of His omnipresence.

Although immortal, God is assumed to have a personality that is perfect, pure and free of defect. I know this God because it is one of the versions of God that humanity prefers and has a close bond with.

Another version of God assumes immortality, consciousness, intellect, desire and emotion. Natural phenomena in the form of floods, lighting and earthquakes are attributable to God as are miracles and other wonderful acts. God is the controlling authority in the various aspects of human life and afterlife. He is the director of fate, the giver of law and the moderator of moral obligation. The ultimate judge of human worth, he is also the creator of earth and heaven. I know this God too, because humanity studies Him, lives and is guided by His hand.

I know another God too. He is divine and infinite simplicity, perfection and goodness. This God is whole and without parts. He and his attributes are one. He is the God of truth and goodness, which is also identical to his being. This Simple Being is indivisible rather than composite - his characteristics are not made up of thing upon thing. His properties are also His being, which is not true of any created being. He is complete in all ways and He is the cause of all that exists. He is the greatest in all things and the least of all too, and this without exception. This God is also mine -- because He is your God, he is also mine.

Aside from the God of religion, I know the god of philosophy. His essence is inexpressible. He is concerned with ideas that are incomprehensible to most. These cannot be expressed in general terms or in common language for they would render that which is ineffable mundane. This abstract god is complex and his nature is paradoxical. He is symbolic gesture, illogical statement, principle and reason, and intrinsically impossible to understand. I have attended the schools of thought that uphold this version of god and bear witness to the existence of an existential god. This version of God is as real as the other versions.

My favorite version is not as popular as the others because it exists beyond humanity's capacity to conceive. This inconceivable Beingness is the light that gives meaning to the darkness of being. This Being and Nothingness are closely related. Nothingness and All That Is are one in this Beingness. All That Is cannot be comprehended by human senses - not today, tomorrow or yesterday. It is unknowable, indefinable, eternal, invisible and formless. It is Living Mind. No language can describe or define the All. It's being is so still as to be indistinguishable from non-being. I do not know this God/Being/All That Is, and to believe in that which exists without need of existence is folly. I do not believe in this Being either for its existence does not require my belief or that of any other being. To do so would limit my relationship with It, an injustice to say the least. This All is a substantial part of the reality that underlies all appearances and manifestations that are called Life, including matter and non-matter, energy and non-energy, thought and no-thought. And there is that which exists beyond this.

As your life continues to unfold your beliefs will change, shaped by the thoughts and experiences that you draw to you. Your individual existence that currently believes you are a human being also believes that it must fight for itself in this world. This part of you has a sense of "doership" that must establish a purpose for its existence, but it is ultimately unaware and unconscious of its own true nature. Human nature and the mind that occupies its time compulsively thinks, and then thinks about what it is thinking. It does so in order to assure its own future existence, because it does not know that the present moment and the eternal self are one and the same. The human self does not know that it is made of nothingness and believes in error that it is made of something. This is because the human mind dwells within the Living Mind and is subject to the laws of created things. As one of your mystics once said, you are the eternal principle and the temporal process; you are the impressure of nothingness into something.

Do not think for a moment that Gaia hopes to challenge or change your life stance on God, religion or the nature of your being. Your worldview, values and viewpoints are preserved by your own will and by approval of All That Is. Your way of life is well guided and moved by the same forces of nature that pilot these words. Know that I am one with your thoughts and with your beliefs too. They are no strangers to me and I find no provocation in your attitudes and convictions. Let quarrel be with those who object for all is at rest here. The same principles and ideas that created the earth also created the moment we now share, and ideas beyond ours will inspire the future we will both share. New concepts will present fodder to philosophers, thinkers, logicians, academicians, theorists, truth-seekers and dreamers. And the One that was in first place before a place was made will yet Be.

Mother Earth (Gaia) through Pepper Lewis
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #46
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member

Well done Edward…. I agree totally with you… There are in fact 18 different personages in the old testament that were all translated as the ‘LORD’, the Elohim is indeed a plural word and female plural…
Look sure the message is genuine…. Live honestly, don’t hurt other people, love one another…. Love a greater creator force defined as God…Etc… but that’s all New Testament (which I’ll get to in a minute)… The Old Testament is a shorter version of the Torah which is all about fear and controle in many ways… I know the people were a bit warlike and hard to controle back then, times were tough, fertile farming land and food was scarce so people were very tough…. The ruling forces had to be very harsh to stop a free for all… But the old testament apart from being quite savage in “The Lords” neurotic insecurities and dealing out punishment, smiting and death to any one who said boo to him, is quite beautiful and also quite ridiculous in parts….I mean Leviticus??? People with big noses and blemishes of any kind were displeasing to the LORD, there fore could not worship or enter in to a Temple??? Never mind a cripple or a hunchback???

If you wore a cloth woven of two different cloths from two different weaves y
you merit stoning or smiting as you did if you touched the skin of a pig (There goes footballers!)
Women were literally there to be beaten, raped and used as slaves as was all slavery ok!
But this aside….
The Torah is a further translation of the Sumerian Tablets of Enki (The Snake in the Garden of Eden) and much of the LORD is Anu or Enlil…. You can read the direct translations of the Seven Tablets of Creation on You tube or in Zachariah Sitchen’s book of the same name…

There are 2000 of these Tablets on Museums all round the world they are 10, 000 years older then the Torah and have all the bible stories from The garden of Eden (Eden being a Sumerian word meaning The House of Life, to Adam (A Sumerian word meaning (The Earth Man)… there’s the creation, the expelling from Eden, the founding of The Earth race … then every one up to Noah and the great flood , complete with Ark and all the DNA life forms being rescued on the arch… “The actual “Flood Tablet “ is on display in the British History Museum .Sitchen’s translations have been corroborated now by many other Linguistic scholars and scientist… as word for word correct…
His theories about them all on personal conclusions have been scrutinised by some.
The jist of the original Sumerian Bible.. ( Most of you know this stuff.. it's here for the Bible word of God believers)It starts on Earth aftr a nuclear war then goes back to tell the tale of how on the 10th planet Nibiru, after wars and much jousting for king ship they tear their atmosphere or weaken it and need to repair it, by suspending gold particles that ward off radiation etc… Gold is paramount…

They end up in a long way arriving on planet Earth looking for Gold… The small search party consists of Enki and Enlil and there sister Nanharsag amongst others who are the children of Anu (God) the king back on Nibiru…with a work force of Lulu’s… another worker spices probably Greys, the mine gold successfully in North Africa… Their main station is in Iraq…
There’s decent in the mines and the Lulu revolt… left with no work force Enki Enlil and co have to come up with something quick so Enki who is the chief geneticist (His symbol was the two entwining serpents (DNA that is still used in Medicine today).. Enki has set up shop in the EDEN.. and has been studying the lie forms on the planet… he has been watching a sort of Neanderthal /ape like humanoid which in his own words “We Annunaki, must have evolved from a species like this way back on Nibiru millions of years ago!” he says he can mix his own DNA with the ape and create a new race (Homo Sapian) as a work force for the mines!.. Enlil (Yahweh) is against this and says that to interfere with the evolution of a species is against the laws of the universe and the Great Universal father (Big God)... in the end they all decide that their own race will perish with out this experiment and they go ahead and create Adam and Eve….”In their own Image”

Later Enki gets remorseful about creating a creature as a slave and sneakily up grades the chromosomes to realise free thinking intelligence. The snake with the apple from the tree of knowledge…

Later Enlil is walking in Eden and comes upon Adam and Eve clothed and asks them why they are clothed etc… you know the rest of the story…

Later the two brothers go to war and there is a nuclear war over the Dead sea were they release literal translations “Weapons of Terrer” In fact the Tablets start at the end with Total devastation of this part of the world with everything annihilated by the evil weapons and the evil wind they created “Not man in his house nor Gods in their temples were safe from the evil wind!” They have now proved with infer red and stone fused in to glass round the Deadd sea (Called the DEAD sea for this reason think Sodom and Gomorah) there was a nuclear blast around this date precisely…. Any way please goes read this stuff and research what scholars, archaeologists and scientist who research the Sumerian Tablets say….

There is no dispute the Torah came from this... and no dispute the old testiment came from the Torah...
Whether any of it true??? WHo knows but the original bible was about ET's comming to this planet to mine gold and then by a chain of events beyond their control creating this brach of humantiy....
Then the humans overrunning and the ET's trying to controle them and take responsabilty for what they had created.... ending in much sqabiling amongst the ET's and finally all out war.... The ET's trying to create some code of honer nad laws of how to live amongst the Earthy's and One brother Enki who upgraded the Earthy's IQ and fell in love with his own creation and tried to free the Earthy's from slavery to the ET's ... He was later vilafied as the Devil by his brother ENlil Yaweh, who was in charge and then it's Enki who hides behind a reed hut and tells Noah how to build the Arck when Enlil decides the earthy's have lost the run of them selves and were a terrible mistake and wants tto let them all drwown in the oending greta flood that thier own approaching planet Nibiru was going to cause....
These ET's are very aware of a universal creator who is not them...who is Big God... but they are the little Gods of Earth...

Last edited by Antonia; 01-09-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #47
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member

The New Testiment is made up of different Gospels that were collected at the Council of Nicea... There were around 80 gospels circulating....
The Dead Sea Scrolls gives a more complet version ... with the Gospels of Thomas and Mary Magdalin and Judas being authenticated as older then many that were later incorperated in to the New Testement compilation.

The Bishops and Pope Gregory at the Council on Nicia spets ages debating what went in and what was left out, cut out or changed.....

So nothing is authentic or unchanged or editid or safe from translation error ....
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #48
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Bravo for you Edward for daring to be different

I believe you are absolutely correct in your observation.

We humans are so dumbed down and out of the loop that there are still many that still walk around with their heads in a cloud

Anyone that knows what religion is all about and how long this has been going on would be very naive to believe that the Bible was true Sure some same that only part of it is re-written.............well which part, I ask ?

Not only has it been re-written but the parts they left in are only half rights. Most of the important words left out.

Its truly sad but in the same breath I have to say brilliant the way they have covered up the truth.

They have had their fun for billion of years and I think its our time to prevail and put things right again. They brought all of their misfortunes unto themselfs and although I can't hate them, I feel that I do understand.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #49
abraxasinas
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
The New Testiment is made up of different Gospels that were collected at the Council of Nicea... There were around 80 gospels circulating....
The Dead Sea Scrolls gives a more complet version ... with the Gospels of Thomas and Mary Magdalin and Judas being authenticated as older then many that were later incorperated in to the New Testement compilation.

The Bishops and Pope Gregory at the Council on Nicia spets ages debating what went in and what was left out, cut out or changed.....

So nothing is authentic or unchanged or editid or safe from translation error ....
Hi Antonia!

Your descriptions in this thread are an interpretation of archetypes and an interpreation which is more ancient than the collective editorship of the scribes of the Torah.
The Mesopotamian mythologies of Enki and Elil became mingled with the 'Sons of God' and the Elohim in Genesis and the Gilgamesh.
So then the Torah became a 'retelling' of the 'cosmic war' between 'brothers'.
Edward's thread is highly appropriate and the comments of whitecrow are truly excellent.

And again, Edward and whitecrow and you have discerned the great difference between the Torah 'God' of vengenance, control and jealousy and the 'God' of the 'true' Jesus.
There is a 'fake' Jesus and this 'false one' is the one 'worshipped' in the dogmatic denominations of Christianity.

There is a 'master handbook' of the 'true ' Jesus and that is the Gospel of Thomas or GoT.
A related Nag Hammadi document, written in convoluted encodings, but retelling again the 'Story of the False God Jehovah as Yaldabaoth' is the 'Secret Book of John'.

An understanding of the GoT will allow anyone who reads this 'book' to appreciate the 'bible' and similar ancient scrolls as the 'story telling of archetypes' and NOT as a historically accurate work of literacy.

The 'Word of God' then becomes the Logos (John.1.1) and as expressed MOST potentently in the GoT.

Peace of Mind be with you all.

Abraxas
abraxasinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #50
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

The following is a condensed version of a previous post. I have since speculated regarding Lucifer as being a Human or Hybrid Goddess of This World opposed to Ra...and Satan as being a Reptilian God of This World loyal to Ra. The point being that there may be two major 'God' sources which cross pollinated the religions and governments of the world. So a lot of it may be BS and Mythology...with some very real 'special yet imperfect' beings behind it all. The Gods and Goddesses may be a lot like us...but not just like us. Powerful...but not All Powerful. This is a complex and disorienting subject. Be careful.

I grew up worshipping and praising 'God'. I don't do this anymore. I have painfully come to the conclusion that the very concept of 'God' is highly problematic. I believe in spiritual things. I believe in the existence of both good and evil. I believe in the highest ethical behavior. I believe in life after life after life. But We the People of Earth should not bow down and worship, praise, and unquestioningly obey anyone...male, female, human, reptilian, grey, it, etc, etc. We the People of Earth should rule ourselves. I think that Jesus tried to tell us this...in a bit of a round about way. The religious people have gotten it wrong...and the atheists have gotten it wrong. I guess I want a secular spirituality which does not involve formal, arbitrary, and ritual religion.

We the People of Earth have before us the opportunity to forge for ourselves, and for future generations...a True World Order. A world where Namaste Constitutional Responsible Freedom...not the Old World Disorder Demonic Theocracy...governs the conduct of nations. When we are successful...and we will be...we have a real chance at this True World Order...an order in which a credible United Nations can use Namaste Constitutional Responsible Freedom to fulfill the promise and vision of All Races.

Organized religion is the isness turned into the business of a Luciferian (or Satanic) monopoly on monotheism. How's that for a heretical mouthful? I'm so gonna burn!

A Reading From the Twenty First Chapter of Leviticus:

1.And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto the priests the sons of Aaron, and say unto them, There shall none be defiled for the dead among his people:
2.But for his kin, that is near unto him, that is, for his mother, and for his father, and for his son, and for his daughter, and for his brother,
3.And for his sister a virgin, that is nigh unto him, which hath had no husband; for her may he be defiled .
4.But he shall not defile himself, being a chief man among his people, to profane himself.
5.They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.
6.They shall be holy unto their God, and not profane the name of their God: for the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and the bread of their God, they do offer : therefore they shall be holy.
7.They shall not take a wife that is a whore , or profane; neither shall they take a woman put away from her husband: for he is holy unto his God.
8.Thou shalt sanctify him therefore; for he offereth the bread of thy God: he shall be holy unto thee: for I the LORD, which sanctify you, am holy.
9.And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore , she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.
10.And he that is the high priest among his brethren, upon whose head the anointing oil was poured , and that is consecrated to put on the garments, shall not uncover his head, nor rend his clothes;
11.Neither shall he go in to any dead body, nor defile himself for his father, or for his mother;
12.Neither shall he go out of the sanctuary, nor profane the sanctuary of his God; for the crown of the anointing oil of his God is upon him: I am the LORD.
13.And he shall take a wife in her virginity.
14.A widow, or a divorced woman , or profane, or an harlot , these shall he not take : but he shall take a virgin of his own people to wife.
15.Neither shall he profane his seed among his people: for I the LORD do sanctify him.
16.And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying ,
17.Speak unto Aaron, saying , Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.
18.For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach : a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose , or any thing superfluous ,
19.Or a man that is brokenfooted , or brokenhanded ,
20.Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;
21.No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.
22.He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy.
23.Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the LORD do sanctify them.
24.And Moses told it unto Aaron, and to his sons, and unto all the children of Israel.

The Word of the Lord? Thanks Be to God?

The problem with my posts is the disruption and disorientation factor. Hopefully this is minimal here in this philosophical no-man's land of Avalon. But exercise extreme caution in the area of theology. It is a Pandora's Box. People sometimes divorce...go insane...commit suicide...etc...when they lose their faith. A pastor once told me not to get too deep into theology. I belonged to a church which prided itself on the fact that people studied their way into the truth of this faith. But later...many of their children went to college...and found out that all was not well with the faith...and studied their way out of the church. And all too often...no one other than their parents...seemed to give a rat's patootie. All too many of us received a swift kick on our way out the door.

The God of This World is Not the God of This Universe. I suspect a malevolent collection of aliens playing God...with a kingpin named Lucifer (or Satan). Jesus tried to set us free. The Teachings of Jesus can help us to tap into the divinity which is in each of us. This is not an arrogant assertion. But it may be Us vs Them...and we need to understand this if we are going to stand up to Them...and Set Ourselves Free. I try to follow the words of Christ...but I am not waiting for him to come and save us. Beware of a staged UFO invasion and a staged Second Coming of Christ. God save us from our saviors...and we have nothing to fear but the fearmongers.

"God's work on Earth must truly be our own." (JFK)

Achieving a critical mass of Christ-like beings(human and non-human) on Earth is the key to liberation. This will precipitate a global exorcism. I'm not anti-alien...just anti-demon. I speak in speculative generalities because the people in the know...don't seem to want us to know. They keep us guessing.

If malevolent aliens are jerking our chain...we may need the help of benevolent aliens to accomplish a global exorcism. If malevolent aliens are holed up in heavily fortified Deep Underground Military Bases throughout the solar system...with reinforcements on the way...we may be in more trouble than we can possibly imagine. We probably need insiders...human and non-human...to be decidedly on the side of Responsible Freedom. I like the idea of interacting with benevolent aliens. I wouldn't even have a problem with some of them living on Earth...but they could never be our rulers or gods...and truly benevolent aliens would never play the part.

God is a Composite. If God is an it...is Satan an it too? If there is a Divine Feminine...is there a Demonic Feminine too?

I offer the following as a suggestion rather than as a dogmatic assertion. It is my idealistic view of what theology should be(if we need theology at all). I do have a darker view of theology...which is partially explored in this thread. These thoughts seem to make sense to me, but they are not orthodox or widely believed. They could be considered to be heresy. So burn me!

The Trinity is avoided by a lot of clergy. It's a lot easier to speak of loving neighbor as self, than it is to speak of one God, in three persons. And we haven't seen any of them. That we know of, at least! Is God the Father the one who sends fire down from heaven, makes rules, orders people to kill other people, is overbearing and authoritarian? Or is God the Father the same as God the Son, Jesus Christ? Jesus said, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father." So is it the first or second option? All of the above or none of the above?

Allow me to gingerly suggest that God the Father can be equated with what I refer to as God the Concept: The most ideal, yet realistic conceptualization of God, which changes constantly as times, knowledge, needs and perceptions change. God the Concept can be male, female, or a composite of the two. A combination of reality and fiction! There is enough reality for believers to believe, and enough fiction for doubters to doubt. I believe that God exists, but that it is still necessary to invent Him, or Her, at least partially! And believe it or not, I say this with the utmost reverence and respect. I believe that God wishes for us to be open-minded and honest. If we are wrong, God can work with us on that. That is forgivable! If we are narrow, closed-minded, arrogant, and dishonest...well that comes very close to sinning against the Holy Spirit. God can't do a lot to help us at that point! God the Father, as pictured in the Old Testament, was the conceptualization of God necessary to accomplish the foundational development of religion, with the door left wide open for future representations of God, and the advanced development of religion.

Is Jesus Christ the only Son of God, begotten, not made, of one being with the Father? Has God appeared in human flesh only once in all of history, and for only 33 years, and of that, with only 3 years of high-profile visibility? Allow me to gingerly suggest that God the Son can be equated with what I call God the Human: The most God-like human, male or female, alive at any moment throughout human history, and inclusively, but not exclusively, Jesus Christ! For practical purposes, to avoid confusion, and because they are true and ageless, the Teachings of Jesus are the absolute foundation of the Christian Church. They build on the moral teachings of the Old Testament without including the ceremonial and ritual teachings!

In the fullness of time, prophetically, Jesus Christ emerged as the most God-like person on the face of Planet Earth. Indeed, he was, and is God. No other human can make that claim! But Jesus said, "greater things will you do!" How could the followers of Almighty God do greater things than God Himself? Jesus set the standard, and drew a line in the sand regarding character and behavior. But when Jesus came to Earth, He was on a mission-trip, not an ego-trip! Would you really respect someone who expected to be worshiped and praised? I do respect someone who walked the walk, talked the talk, and simply asked to be loved and taken seriously. In mind, character, and personality, others throughout subsequent history undoubtedly equaled the spirituality and morality of Jesus Christ. But it has not been their role to be the benchmark of humanity, the gold standard of righteousness!

In one sense, others have been God the Human, but not in the same sense as Jesus Christ. They have more precisely been God's Ambassadors to Planet Earth. These highly righteous people did not become the new foundation. These people must keep referring back to the life and teachings of Christ. That is the standard! It is their role to live the life of Christ, and to apply the teachings of Christ to their time. As Christians, we are followers of Jesus Christ. He is the foundation of the magnificent structure being constructed on Earth, called the Kingdom of God!

Is the Holy Spirit really real, and really God? Is the Holy Spirit the most real, most presently present, and most agelessly God? Allow me to gingerly suggest that the Holy Spirit is the most God-like spirit being at any moment throughout spirit history. Not a single entity! Kindred spirit beings represent the mind, character, and personality of this primary spirit being to human beings here on Earth! Corporately, these spirit beings constitute the Holy Spirit. Omnipresent! They represent to us the living Christ, based upon the historical Jesus, and especially the teachings of Jesus. But the adaptation is contemporary!

The inverse of all that I have said above would constitute a Satanic Trinity! I believe in this reality as well. This is a very, very dangerous reality! This is why I plead with you to pray to God (to the Divinity Within Humanity) earnestly in the name of Jesus Christ, and with the power of the Holy Spirit! Pray! Don't delve, or play spiritual games! If you experiment rather than pray, you will undoubtedly end up playing with the Devil and the Demons! I am saying this to scare the Hell out of you! Have I succeeded, or do you feel lucky? Satan would love to have you go ahead and make his day...

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 01-11-2010 at 08:26 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, bible, god, new world order, religion