Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
Edward Alexander
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation The Bible and the Evil God: Lies, deception & brainwashing

Some information about the errors, lies, deceit and evil of the Bible, Church and Christianity.

First I would ask you to check out my thread "Revelations from an Ascended Master" at http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?p=64709

I am myself a christian, but in what I consider the true form and not the perverted christianity put forth by the Church and the Bible.

The Church and the Bible are here to pervert and keep us in the darkness by giving us false information that is not helping us in our spiritual development, but rather keeps us stuck and on a lower level.

Look at more pure sources of true Christianity such as the Gospel of Thomas:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Thomas

About lies and deceit in the bible... Oh boy we could get going all day long there! To mention a few examples:

God is a god of Love and Forgiveness. Yet, in the bible, he kills and destroys, puts cities in ruins, because people are not doing things the way he want. What happened to the Free Will there? Oh it's not free will after all, its a dictatorship with God as the dictator deciding how Free our Will can be. And he can contradict himself all the time and kill when he wants, he is still loving and forgiving, doesn't matter that he say he will rip our hearts out and devour them as a bear.

"The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies! "
-Nahum 1:2-8 NLT

The god of the Bible is clearly an evil entity and not the True God. The God of All do NOT speak with or interfere with people and select "prophets" and so on. If he had something to say, he'd let us all know it at once, not by a selected few. That's what all those prophets are who communicate those messages of cruelity and evil - false prophets either telling lies on purpose, or because they are in contact with lower astral demons that like to play trick on people.

The Good never advocates Evil.

The Bible is also FULL of obvious mistakes, errors and direct contradictions. This is because the Bible is NOT the book of God, it's a book of MEN - MANY MEN. It consists of huge amounts of texts by a large group of people from different times. Then it was put together, some things were added, some things were removed, some things wrongly translated, some things forged and some things misunderstood - and you got a mixed up piece of hogwash called "The Bible".

Read the original hebrew texts, at least that gives some better insights than the translated versions called The Bible. Did you know that God is even stated as being several entities in the original texts? It is Elohim which is PLURAL, and it is spoken about several "gods", not One God of All - this can also explain the different characteristics and mindset of "God" in the bible, as it is different entities they're mentioning - as well as a lot of baloney that is made up and fabricated by both those who wrote the texts originally, as well as those who put it together later, and those who translated it to different versions of "The Bible", all with the purpose of gaining control and power of the Followers.

Science and History in the Bible worth checking out:
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/long.html

And Contradictions in the Bible:
http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...adictions.html

As Jesus himself said in the Gospel of Thomas - considered the closest text to Jesus written by one of his own disciples - "I am the light that is over them all. I am the All; the All has come forth from me, and the All has attained unto me. Cleave a (piece of) wood: I am there. Raise up the stone, an ye shall find me there."

There is no need for a bible, nor a church, God needs not to be worshipped, God is Everywhere and All, and people need to discover and explore their own being rather than blindly believing the words of other men. Only you can punish or reward yourself from what you do with your life, God will not, you have the Key to Heaven and Hell - chose your Gate.

-EA
Edward Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
arcora
Banned

Default Re: The Bible and the Evil God: Lies, deception & brainwashing

Regarding the contradictions in the bible. It was written by numerous people all from different times. Some was written down after being handed down verbally - other parts were written as remembered by those that were there.

Go watch the movie Citizen Kane. Everybody has a different viewpoint and colors their own memories with aspects of their own personalities. Yet the story of Kane's life is the same throughout.

Same goes for the bible. The message is consistent - even with a few contradictions created by the men who saw things a bit differently.

Next, God is loving, forgiving and to be feared. That is not a contradiction. Some day - if you ever have children - you'll understand this yourself.

You detest the Creator who gave you life and a beautiful world to live in. How sad.

Last edited by arcora; 10-30-2008 at 09:04 PM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
wwolf67
Avalon Senior Member

Your a very wise man Edward = HUman
Was wondering what you know about the three supposed graves of Jesus
Peace and Love Brother
wwolf67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
Mikill
Project Avalon Member

Nonsense poopypants!!!!!If the bible were a false document it wouldn't have survived this long!!!
Mikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
Tuza

I would love to have free reign of the Vatican City and everything that is locked inside and search underneath - about a year should do it. A few forum members can help - no.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
wwolf67
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuza View Post
I would love to have free reign of the Vatican City and everything that is locked inside and search underneath - about a year should do it. A few forum members can help - no.
I don't think you would like the company you'd have down there
wwolf67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
Tuza

Some of you guys gotta come with me otherwise I might be frightened. Don't forget the video camera - and lots of film.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #8
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikill View Post
Nonsense poopypants!!!!!If the bible were a false document it wouldn't have survived this long!!!
sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Truth vanishes and lies persist. On a very basic level, anyway.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuza View Post
Make sure and pack your reptile repellent. I hear the catacombs are crawling with them.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #10
Norval
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Truth vanishes and lies persist. On a very basic level, anyway.
You sure seem to be right, , , , , , ,

, , , , , , , well about this forum anyway.

That the bible survived the many many attempts to destroy it is quite remarkable.
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #11
Tuza

Tuza packs a wooden stake, cross and holy water in bag now.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:48 PM   #12
Mikill
Project Avalon Member

as far as an evil god , his name is Satan.He's in the bible tooo!!!1
Old 10-31-2008, 12:15 AM   #13
Edward Alexander
Avalon Senior Member

This is were you , the Bible promoters, get it all wrong... it did NOT survive!! For crying out loud. It is a perversed book completely different than its orginial texts and messages. Read THROUGH all the links in my first post in this thread. And see for yourself.

Then google some if you want to look deeper, "bible mistranslations", "bible translation errors", "bible forgery", "bible lies" "bible errors", "bible contradictions" and so on.

And ARCORA: YOU still contradict YOURSELF, saying at one point you believe the bible yet agree to its perversions and deceit and lies put there by those in power. I addressed you on this in another thread.

It is almost on the border of hilarious honestly, no offense, but you keep using the Bible as your source of "truth" and "word of god" yet at same time acknowledge that it was written by common people with personal beliefs, agendas and ideologies. Through centuries.

Almost as contradictive as the God you worship. Oh well. I can only feel sorry for your ignorance, as it has cllearly blinded you from the real Truth and Light of the God of All - hopefully one day you will find Him too - I'm sure you will, we all do, all paths eventually leads to the Truth, some faster than others.

Question authority on all levels, question your own beliefs, and look at the roots of where you beliefs come from and what they in fact are based on at its very foundation. Then look at where and how these beliefs were created, changed, altered, forged, manipulated, changed and otherwise perverted through time to suit those whom were controlling the Church, Religion, Bible texts, the Translations of the same - who got most from it, you the people, or they the Priests and Religious leaders?

-EA
Old 10-31-2008, 12:41 AM   #14
arcora
Banned

xxx

Last edited by arcora; 11-12-2008 at 01:52 AM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:48 AM   #15
Mikill
Project Avalon Member

Actually, i've done a lot of bible study.Whenever the bible was translated or copied throughout history it was done painstakingly by monks who did it as their life's work.That my friends, is why the bible code works.Prepares for attacks*
Old 10-31-2008, 06:45 AM   #16
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

I guess it's all very interesting to debate these fine points, but Edward in his first post said he is a Christian, by his definition. Arcora has stated that he/she is a Christian, if I am not mistaken...

What is a Christian? One who follows Christ.

Sooooo

What is the mandate? Love thy neighbor as thyself? Right?

Christ never said, nor do I think intended for a following to rise up around him and become part of the power structure he so valiantly railed against -I am certain following Christ does not have to include biblical nitpickery and arguing the "right" beliefs about words in a book. If so, you can have my share of it.

Your inflexibility and defensiveness does not reflect well on your hearts understanding of the Word you go to such lengths to protect from criticism. You see, I may not believe a word of the bible 'story', but the message of LOVE and Peace and Forgiveness is integrated into my heart, the dogma is irrelevant. Christianity is not the only path to Christ-consciousness.

Why does Edwards post bother people so much? It's a dis on the church and corruption, not Christ-consciousness.
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:06 AM   #17
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member

Just to get it, most of any studie made where funded by the elite. Because they where all ready in controle. Make believe that it was done by good people.
So it is no point of following any written text in some old book.

Read with your spirit not your logic. You now what is right and what is wrong
What is wrong with the bible hmm let me see ........

It is ok the start a Thermal nuclear war so you can be saved!!!that is what the bible is telling us. THIS is WRONG!!!!

Also it stated in the bible that two witnesses will apear and they are allowed to kill in the name of god. THIS is WRONG!!!
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:47 AM   #18
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
...You detest the Creator who gave you life and a beautiful world to live in. How sad.
Hmm, where did Ed say that?
Misquoting indeed.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:22 PM   #19
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Edward

Which AM are you working with?

I might be wrong, but isn't your position similar to that of Alice Bailey?

Clearly, we all do our own research and end up with our own conclusions, but from my perspective, there was much in the Bailey work that bothered me. I believe Kuthumi is supposed to have said something to the effect that her ego took over and that her work was fraught with misinformation.
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:07 PM   #20
ctophil
Avalon Senior Member

Here a few things I need to cover about Bible corruptions. Yes, the Bible is corrupted. But a majority of it are not. If you disregard the scriptures altogether, you will end up lost and confused. Because after all, they are the words of Yahweh. If you have not read the Bible at all or read only a little bit of it, then this is not even an argument. Allow me to quote a few verses:

Deuteronomy 4:2 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

"2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."

As you can see here, Yahweh DOES NOT want people to add or take away His words and teachings.

Revelation 22:18-19 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

"18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

"19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

Again, at the very end of the scriptures, He talks about how much He dislikes people who add and/or take away His words. He will see to it that He shall destroy those who do this by taking him/her out of the Book of Life!!

Here I quote from the book of Matthew:

Matthew 4:4 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

"4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

If you do not read the scriptures, use Yahweh's Spirit to decipher what is truth and what is not, then you will not be able to live properly as a Son or Daughter of Yahweh. You will become lost and confused just like those who are blind (spiritually). Religion has corrupted the Bible, but not all of it. I have done comparisons to the original Dead Sea Scrolls myself. And I can pinpoint directly to what is corrupted and what is not. So Yahweh has stopped it from being fully corrupted. If you study the history of the KJV (Kings James Version), then you know that Sir Francis Bacon totally corrupted the first edition that came out in 1611. However, King James and some people didn't allow this and re-issued the KJV without the occultic symbolism and false messages in the first edition. That is only one example. However, the KJV still have a bunch of bad translations in the verses and false additions to it. But I have studied the Bible long and intensively enough to realize what is Truth and What has been corrupted.

-Phillip

Last edited by ctophil; 10-31-2008 at 05:17 PM.
ctophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:03 PM   #21
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctophil View Post
Here a few things I need to cover about Bible corruptions. Yes, the Bible is corrupted. But a majority of it are not. If you disregard the scriptures altogether, you will end up lost and confused. Because after all, they are the words of Yahweh. If you have not read the Bible at all or read only a little bit of it, then this is not even an argument. Allow me to quote a few verses:

Deuteronomy 4:2 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

"2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."

As you can see here, Yahweh DOES NOT want people to add or take away His words and teachings.

Revelation 22:18-19 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

"18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

"19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

Again, at the very end of the scriptures, He talks about how much He dislikes people who add and/or take away His words. He will see to it that He shall destroy those who do this by taking him/her out of the Book of Life!!

Here I quote from the book of Matthew:

Matthew 4:4 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

"4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

If you do not read the scriptures, use Yahweh's Spirit to decipher what is truth and what is not, then you will not be able to live properly as a Son or Daughter of Yahweh. You will become lost and confused just like those who are blind (spiritually). Religion has corrupted the Bible, but not all of it. I have done comparisons to the original Dead Sea Scrolls myself. And I can pinpoint directly to what is corrupted and what is not. So Yahweh has stopped it from being fully corrupted. If you study the history of the KJV (Kings James Version), then you know that Sir Francis Bacon totally corrupted the first edition that came out in 1611. However, King James and some people didn't allow this and re-issued the KJV without the occultic symbolism and false messages in the first edition. That is only one example. However, the KJV still have a bunch of bad translations in the verses and false additions to it. But I have studied the Bible long and intensively enough to realize what is Truth and What has been corrupted.

-Phillip
I say this with the highest of respect, but have you ever considered thinking for yourself and then quoting yourself?

Now, of all times is most definitly not the time for quoting ancient texts. Now is the time for people to start thinking for themselves, and finding their own truths.

Quoting the bible is a one way ticket to an argument simply because your dealing with inteligent people.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:22 PM   #22
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

An interesting thread. It was my reading and rereading of the Bible that eventually caused me to start saying: It's all true, and it's all lies.

The Bible is many things. A corrupted book, yes. Full of contradictions and falsehoods, yes. In many ways a work of fiction, yes. But it is also sublime truth, a record of people's uneasy relationship with their gods and with the Great Spirit, and a goldmine of information about the attitudes and lifestyles of many different eras and cultures.

I won't even address the arguments that are based on a snippet. You can pull anything out of context to make any case. You have to read the Bible as a whole, cover-to-cover, about three times before it begins to make sense. When that happens, terms like "living water" begin to seem appropriate.

I'm not a Christian, though I have been. I don't practice any formal religion. I've studied the Bible more thoroughly than any of the world's other scriptures, but I have an interest in them all. I no longer think in terms of "God," much less "Jehovah" or "Yaweh." All such terms are limiting and corrupt. The Divine Source is utterly numinous to our 3D perceptions, and all portrayals are simply caricatures.

We're almost approaching the point where the language of science and the language of mysticism converge. Like the Internet, this is a historic and timely step in our evolution. The language of religion is the more dogmatic, but not by much. Paradigms in both religion and science are being severely tested about now. I think a much more holistic cosmology will emerge.

(By the way...I posted this at Camelot...there is a free download called Ocean that contains a fantastic collection of the world's main scriptures. It's put out by the Bahá'is so of course those scriptures are exhaustively represented. It also contains the main writings from the Christian, Jewish, Islamic, Zoroastrian, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh and Taoist Faiths. It's totally free and contains no preachy stuff, the Bahá'is never do that. If you have an interest in religions, this is a great resource!)

I take the view that the same "God" has been communicating with and occasionally manifesting among people since the beginning. I believe in the Hindu/Bahá'i principle that all religions are just different forms of the same thing.

I believe that ALL religions are true and ALL are false, depending on your viewpoint. There is no such thing as One True Faith except for the one that has no name and has always been known in the heart of everyone who ever dwelt on this planet.

The Bible is the record of one of many traditions. The Light is there, for those who have eyes to see it - just as it is there in many, many other great writings from all times and cultures. If it's lies and contradictions you seek, ammunition to prove the church is false and God doesn't exist, those things are even easier to find. What most people find there is pablum - soma - that keeps them sleepy and contented.

And that my friends is a real shame.

Last edited by whitecrow; 10-31-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: elucidation
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #23
Edward Alexander
Avalon Senior Member

Allie: The one you mention is one of those I work with. There are also some others, which as far I know is not known to the world at least not by the names I know them. One is called Lalo , which I found a strange name but I checked with him several times and he is persistent on that being his name.

Alice Baily I am not familiar with, is she a theosofist? Think I've heard the name, perhaps if you mentioned some books or work she's done I might be aware of some of it. I've studied some theosophical material, mainly some of the work of Charles Leadbeater and Annie Besant and I find most of it pretty accurate in comparison with my own personal experiences and insights. I've been working with ascended masters, or I prefer calling them Teachers really as that is what they are, for at least a decade and half now. Theosophical material is rather new to me, couple years since I got into studying that material.

I'm also member of several different so called secret societies and orders and have for most of it benefitted greatly from that as well, though Im not part of this Theosophical Society. But there are many similarities in practices and teachings as well as ideology within many of these.

One of the ways I personally feel certain about such an entity being good or not is by the way they act and what they tell you and do for you. For example, one who never ask or demand you to do anything, and only brings you goodness, kindness, love and various insights about yourself and existence that can be verified in many cases, and helps you with different problems, and give you the ability to help others (for example I have been healed from ailments, and been given the ability to heal others) - such an entity is as far I'm concerned "good" and a "positive" being. It is highly unusual for any "negative" entities to act in such ways, at least for longer periods of time - it is simply not their nature.

Mischievous and negative entities are usual more aggresive in behavior, colder vibrations, demanding, and not able to follow you up to higher states of being, awareness and spiritual planes of existence where purity and love rules. They also lie and deceive a lot, and this can be easily found out in most cases by first establishing that it is a negative being you are in contact with - then you should break all contact with that beign.

There's also many other ways to distinguish the two forms of beings from eachother, and ways to make sure you get rid of the negative and stay in contact with the positive etc but that's a bit much to get into further details about here and now for me.

Arcora: I might for a moment have mistaken you for ctophil when addressing you above, if so my mistake an apologies.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:19 PM   #24
Edward Alexander
Avalon Senior Member

WhiteCrow: Good points there, I agree to virtually all of it, except for the manifestation of God part. I do not think the True God above All manifests or take part of anything happening here, he has set in place other systems to make sure things are going the way as designed. Such as divine Laws etc.

Though, other Gods may manifest at times and contact various people to different degree and for various reasons, mostly because they want to communicate a specific message to larger masses and do not have the power to do so directly themselves (Because they are not True God, and have limitations to what they can do).

All religions being Right and Wrong at the same time I can also agree to. But with that said, there is to me little doubt several religions were put in place to mislead people and direct them away from true spiritual development, so the power that be that organized these religions could keep their own power and control over their followers.

Blessings,
-EA
Old 11-01-2008, 03:43 AM   #25
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Hi EdwardI recognise the names you mention - Leadbeater and Besant - and have read some of their works. Alice Bailey was from that same source, although I think some of the theosophists parted company due to a disagreement in how the society should be run.

Alice wrote some 35 books, around 30 of which are said to be dictations from Djwahl Kuhl. She is said to have been the successor to Blavatsky, but there are some glaring differences between them. I would imagine if you google Bailey, you'll find more information than you could hope to get through as she is deemed to be the person who started the whole 'New Age' thing off. She's also as famous as Blavatsky.

I really wanted to like Bailey, but actually couldn't tell which side of the fence she was on. She appeared to speak with great wisdom out of one side of her mouth, and then spout what I can only describe as wildly inaccurate, racist comments out of the other. I have read all the explanations for this given by those who seek to protect her name (and DK's I'd imagine) but regardless, anyone with a reasonable understanding of history and an astute brain could run a tank through both Alice's words and the subsequent explanations for them. There were other things that I couldn't get past with Alice (DK?)

When I started down my own particular path (which arose due to some pretty startling psychic experiences) I felt pulled towards the AM's. However, I linked up with a number of people who either have internet sites or have written books, but who all knew each other.

It's a long story but it became impossible to know the truth. I know that intuitively, the feeling I had was always one of unease and akin to 'deception'. I do not believe the people I met were intentionally fraudulent in any shape or form - I just became uneasy with who or what they were channelling. Something just wasn't right.

Because I was discovering Bailey at around this time, I was bewildered by it all. Would an enlightened being (DK) really channel such unfortunate, racist comments? Or was it Bailey's mind poking through? I had similar thoughts about Blavatsky at times.

Bailey takes the same view of God that you outlined in your post - which is why I thought you might be familiear with her work

As mentioned, I did read something which is supposed to have come from Kuthumi, denoucing come of Bailey's work but a) it was not clear which aspects he meant and b) it came from the Summit Lighthouse which is now denounced by some.

Anyway - I've waffled on, haven't I?
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, bible, god, new world order, religion