Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Default Ok, enough already...TTTTW and Moderators....

I decided to actually look at yet another thread started by Timetotelltheworld (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20125) simply to be open and see what information he had to offer. Unfortunately, it was once again, a regurgitation of information that has been shared several times before including being posted on Camelot's homepage at one point. Now, historically members and/or moderators inform posters about links already posted reflecting identical information. Now, with that stated, TTTTW also have a tendency to post identical information in each of his own posts...Repeatedly. At what point do we stop allowing this exploitive disregard of following the guidelines in place, and do something?

This has reached a point to where it seems like not just a distraction, but a deliberate distraction. The last time I chose to spend energy on this member and their repetitive (and usually aggressive approach-http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19456), I received the following response from a moderator:
Quote:
Mods are on this- it's a rather delicate situation to be exact. You are not alone in your feelings. The way experiences, theories, facts are presented should not be overlooked - people get turned off by aggressive approaches including myself
This tells me that the concerns are real and shared, but the "delicate situation" part is a bit mind boggling. Why and what is it so delicate?

If someone is confirmed aggressive with their messages by a number of members, and they continue to repost the same messages. including those already posted by others?...Why is that being allowed?
When you have (as described above) a "deliberate distraction" freely exploiting the site, that brings the core of the moderators into question, which then brings the core of Avalon into question, which brings the core of Camelot into question. Now, that in itself can be quite exploitive and explosive in itself. Surely, we don't want that perception to spread?

Please be consistent in applying the guidelines to all, and if not, please provide for all viewing this thread the explanation as to why we would not be applying such guidelines?