Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
ARE WE THERE YET
Avalon Senior Member

Default Help for OCD/BYPOLAR sufferer

Can anyone offer sucess stories or methods known to help sufferes.
I was talking to someone who is sounding desperate as they are on medication and have had enough of the struggle.
ARE WE THERE YET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Marcus
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Help for OCD/BYPOLAR sufferer

Therapy if they are not already getting it - but a good aware therapist will most likely be very hard to find.

I would also suggest Brainwave Entrainment, I will look up some details to see if I can find precisely what would work...
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

Fade out all medication as this only makes things worse. After that I suggest fasting, colon cleansing and a program of deep cleansing of your entire body. Use MMS to get all toxins out. Start doing physical yoga regularly also and mind your diet. Stay of suger, milk, wheat the best you can. Eat green and light. Turn of television. Go for walks instead, preferebly in nature. Try to be present in the moment and observe your ups and downs rather than jumping on the rollercaoster. Hard yes, but nobody said it would be easy... It will probably be worth it though.
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for that sanat.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

I get confused when i see problems like this branded as 'mental illness'

There is obviously an underlying cause, people dont have these problems for no reason.

The psychiatric industry is a complete sham! Instead of branding people as being mentally ill and filling them up on drugs they should get to the root of the problem :\

I have these mood swings myself, going from extremely happy to extremely depressed. I think its just a natural reaction to an unatrual environment.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanat View Post
Fade out all medication as this only makes things worse. After that I suggest fasting, colon cleansing and a program of deep cleansing of your entire body. Use MMS to get all toxins out. Start doing physical yoga regularly also and mind your diet. Stay of suger, milk, wheat the best you can. Eat green and light. Turn of television. Go for walks instead, preferebly in nature. Try to be present in the moment and observe your ups and downs rather than jumping on the rollercaoster. Hard yes, but nobody said it would be easy... It will probably be worth it though.

All of the above including the MMS regime and ; Natrium Muriaticum MK as a Classical Homeopathic remedy.
Dosage; ask your Classicla Homeopath.

Finding a Classical Hoemeopath in your neighbourhood..google the Yellow Pages in your region.

Google Natrium Muriaticum + homeopathy.

Please...contact a Classical Homeopath before you take this remedy on your own. You will need guidance and support when taking it.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
houman
Avalon Senior Member

Remove all sources of toxins (vaccines, unflitered water, MSG, aspartame....)

Consider chelation

Look into Neurofeedback (go to the yahoo biofeedback forum, clinicians are posting there, google Margareth Ayers, Len Ochs, Lee Gerdes)

Houman
houman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

Moodswings and ups/downs are the natural state of the restless unbalanced mind. When things get a bit more extreme than "normal" it is labeled "disease" and people are put on medication that only does worse in the end. Also giving people a label gives them a sense of "security" for now they at least know "who/what they are". In all the chaos they have an "identity". Something which makes them "special". The ego loves that of course. This way people get stuck in the system and in victim mentality.

You will have to allow suffering and bad stuff to surface in order to grow spiritually. I have been through all that as I was depressed many years of my life. Things did not get better until I said: Enough is enough! I am taking things into my own hands from now on! Yoga, cleansing, diet etc... My world turned in amazing ways and I realized that when things look the darkest you can actually be closest to the Light. The distance between Heaven and hell is one inch. Or like Bashar says: Sometimes the rubber band must be stretched to the very max in order to catapult you from the depths of depression into Light and Happiness. This was my experience at least...

As Matthew says: Many people have compressed their "karma" into one life in order to graduate for the 2012 Ascension... Pray and be thankful for your suffering. It is the fire which will burn all garbage you no longer need!
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
bluestix
Avalon Senior Member

I spent ~10 hours a day for 4 years with my friend who is extremely bipolar.

First and most important is to stop taking any prescribed medications.

Second, replace all dietary salt with Solar Cured Sea Salt

Third, I recommend a ritual use of Ganja either eaten or smoked.

My friend is not OCD so not sure if these will help with that but he is definitely much more stable now as far as being bipolar.

Last edited by bluestix; 11-09-2008 at 12:27 AM.
bluestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #10
colesmommy1117
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARE WE THERE YET View Post
I was talking to someone who is sounding desperate as they are on medication and have had enough of the struggle.

i've suffered from OCD for years. can't really offer up suggestions on retraining yourself. for me, it's been mind over matter.

I was on medication for a couple of years. It didn't help. It only masked my issues. I got tired of feeling like a zombie and sleeping all the time, so i quit taking it.

I still suffer from anxiety, but I have found exercising and keeping active have helped me overcome a lot of my own vices.

....by the by, mary jane has been a lot more effective than any rx i've ever taken....it's grown from the earth, and i would much rather take something natural than any form of medication offered...
colesmommy1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #11
ChaliceWell
Avalon Senior Member

are we there yet . . . I agree with the suggestions made here about detoxifying your body . . . they absolutely will will help quiet the nervous system.

I believe that there is a strong correlation between Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder caused by untreated early trauma and obsessive-compulsive / bipolar behaviors. PTSD is not really a "mental illness" . . . it is the result of insufficient social and emotional support in times of extreme stress. Unfortunately, it has become medicalized and pathologized.

Here is a link to the most effective tool that I've found for eliminating traumatic imprints from the nervous system and the limbic brain.

It is also possible to use this tool to imprint the nervous system and limbic brain with new beliefs and perceptions.
ChaliceWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #12
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Ive done a fair bit of work/research in this area as I had to face my own issues and still am. Procrastination, alleged laziness and depression are very much linked in my view.

I suggest to anyone with depression to try and get at least time with a psichiatric nurse, councillor or better qualified but to be honest it does matter about who as much as the actual talking to someone does. They say the 1st hour is best and its true. If you have a friend that you trust with every thought then this can be just as good. Supressed emotions, whether they are from actual events or just emotions swept under the carpet cause damage.

Councillors primarily are simply listeners and impartial advice givers. Its more about identifying where the problems possibly could be. When you think about them your mind easily dismisses them soon after but actual speaking to somebody no matter who makes them surface and you must face the emotions attached to them.

'A problem shared is a problem halved' - very true

Skeletons in the closest, eventually the closet becomes full.

I suggest this person if they can, make a list of all the things that could be making them unhappy. If it is related to family then ask them to write a letter to that person but not to send it, just write exactly what they would like to say if they could. Will help massively. Also on this list if there are 10 problems, past and present etc. ask them to think about which one is easiest to try and overcome. Then try and do it.

One step a time and before long youve climbed a mountain.

Obviously things like excercise, fresh air, walking in the wild, eating better, drinking plenty non flouridated water and keepig hydrated all help but are not always possible. This is more physical and the mental side needs to be tackled more importantly. Usually starting with the mental stuff gives inspiration to start the more active/physical stuff
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:02 AM   #13
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

http://http://www.projectavalon.net/...ead.php?t=2905

Umm, already done. look you can buy this stuff on line from 'Tom the Hemp guy' whatever his url is...I don't care. But it is all an essential fatty acid imbalance in the brain and hemp food will fix it.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #14
ARE WE THERE YET
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks everyone.
That's was a wonderful response and I have forwarded this feed to the person concerned. I hope they consider your suggestions and contact someone to further their desire to get out of their terrible trap.

I hope we have helped this person in some way.
ARE WE THERE YET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #15
Tuza

It is people like this kind wonderful, warm hearted soul who has taken the time to help someone else in need which we need to keep on this planet and all the other negatives (you know who they are: heads of the R's, Hild, all the rest to quietly leave the planet), look if they all go out of the universe I think I would be happy with that, as long as they go and keep people like this dear one.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #16
OceanWinds

TRY WHEAT GRASS JUICE!

It builds/cleans the blood, has all the necessary amino acids, and has the full range of B vitamins including vitamin b12, and much much more. So if its a deficiency resulting in depression this might have a serious effect! I know it did on me. I drink the stuff every other day... it works wonders.

That and spiritual stuff helps too.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:46 PM   #17
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Very constructive suggestions posted here-it's great that people take the time to try and help others.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #18
DoctorTony
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARE WE THERE YET View Post

I've been sending a few people to www.functionalmedicine.org

You can find a practitioner on there who works specifically to the individual's complaints. Sometimes doctors do a cookie-cutter approach to a diagnosis and the tretament may be the same as someone else, but does not work for YOU. The bottom line is that these functional medicine doctors look at the individual and ascertain the BEST plan of dietary change and/or other treatment if necessary. Please advise the website.

Hope this helps.
Tony
DoctorTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #19
Nola
Avalon Senior Member

I will reiterate exercising. It really does wonders.
Nola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #20
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestix View Post
First and most important is to stop taking any prescribed medications.
Poor idea.

It is difficult to make sweeping generalizations. This is not a one solution
fits all issue...

Many of the medications which are used for this today should not
be stopped suddenly, but tapered slowly. During the taper a close eye
should be maintained on how things are going. There might be some minimum
thresh hold, below which the going starts getting a little wierd...
At that point you should stop, maintain, and assess...increasing the dose
back up the scale if necessary.

I'm speaking as a pharmacist and as someone with a family member who
suffers from panic/anxiety/ocd.

I'm all in favor of eliminating medication when ever possible. I take nothing
myself on a chronic basis. Other treatment modalities should always be
considered with the goal of eliminating or at least minimizing medication
use. Having said that, don't throw the baby out with the bath water! The
last time we tried stopping medication cold turkey she started giving her stuff
away, had feelings of impending demise ect, ect.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:29 AM   #21
Debugged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggywrinkle View Post
Poor idea.

It is difficult to make sweeping generalizations. This is not a one solution
fits all issue...

Many of the medications which are used for this today should not
be stopped suddenly, but tapered slowly. During the taper a close eye
should be maintained on how things are going. There might be some minimum
thresh hold, below which the going starts getting a little wierd...
At that point you should stop, maintain, and assess...increasing the dose
back up the scale if necessary.

I'm speaking as a pharmacist and as someone with a family member who
suffers from panic/anxiety/ocd.

I'm all in favor of eliminating medication when ever possible. I take nothing
myself on a chronic basis. Other treatment modalities should always be
considered with the goal of eliminating or at least minimizing medication
use. Having said that, don't throw the baby out with the bath water! The
last time we tried stopping medication cold turkey she started giving her stuff
away, had feelings of impending demise ect, ect.
I tapered myself off of all psych meds when the HIPPA was passed. I didn't want medical records looked into, so I quit mainstream medicine/counseling for PTSD/Depression. You cannot stop psych meds cold turkey, it's playing with fire! I gave myself about 6 weeks per medication, and tapered one drug at a time. It took awhile, but it was relatively "painless."

I trust pharmacists more than physicians. Baggywrinkle speaks the truth.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #22
Debugged

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaliceWell View Post
are we there yet . . . I agree with the suggestions made here about detoxifying your body . . . they absolutely will will help quiet the nervous system.

I believe that there is a strong correlation between Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder caused by untreated early trauma and obsessive-compulsive / bipolar behaviors. PTSD is not really a "mental illness" . . . it is the result of insufficient social and emotional support in times of extreme stress. Unfortunately, it has become medicalized and pathologized.

Here is a link to the most effective tool that I've found for eliminating traumatic imprints from the nervous system and the limbic brain.

It is also possible to use this tool to imprint the nervous system and limbic brain with new beliefs and perceptions.
Chalicewell, consider yourself hugged! That was like a cranio-sacral release, and all kinds of old "crap" came flowing out last night, and again this morning when I tried it. I downloaded the instructions of your link, to refer back to.

Thank you so much for sharing that; it is a gentle technique, but yet very powerful.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #23
eris
Avalon Senior Member

i had what looked like bi-polar for nearly 20 yrs, never resorted to medication though the low's were horrific, yearly & up to 9 months long, talk about endurance test, had some therapy & did alot of self awareness stuff but it could never really touch it.
Met a guy who's healing modality was to do with energy fields, one of my interests, he diagnosed 6th chakra fracture, typical of all forms of depression, basically a lesion in the 3rd eye chakra, with 'foreign energy' (ie entity attachment) the lesion is how it got such a good grip. This 'rang true' for me, such a relief, made sense of why awareness stuff & therapy didn't touch it. He has this product, basically an white agate egg, which is programmed by computer in the radionics & homeopathy style of energy field medicine. £30 with a long money back, so though skint, gave it a go. Had profound results, torrential energetic sensations from 3rd eye for several days, just amazing.

Gradually healed & been free of depression ever since - nearly 3 years - enabled the optimism necessary to improve diet, exercise, life circumstances etc, that all add to quality of life.

I can still have moods & low days but nothing like the vile & horrific states that i have lived through for such extreme periods - can finally get to process my 'own' stuff lol (whoopee, better late than... )

i still get trouble with entities but i can spot whats happening better now & can deal with them myself, i would not be parted from my egg, its transformed my life, i don't know how much longer i would have perservered with it as it was, without some sort of improvement

i am open to the possibility that the 'product' & the guys healing modality 'worked' because they fitted with a healing model i deeply resonate with and that it was just the 'right time' for me to heal myself & i attracted the circumstances to achieve that withing the framework of my own belief system - after all - i resonate strongly with the premise that what you believe in will work for you, the trick is finding out what it is you believe in - on a concious level & presumably more importantly on an unconcious level - i hope that makes sense!

It still feels like a miracle i hope this helps anyone out there.

heres link's to the guys work, he does a wide variety of stuff/services not all for me but interesting none the less, when i met them i found him & his wife to be very intelligent & heart centered people.

www.realhealth-online.com/TheEnergyEgg.htmlhttp://www.realhealth-online.com/TheEnergyEgg.html

www.energyegg.co.uk
eris is offline   Reply With Quote