Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Europe > UK

Notices

Old 01-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #301
Yoga Nanda
Avalon Senior Member

Default Minch

well that was a quick answer!!!! Must be a telepathic egg that one
Yoga Nanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #302
panpravda
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Scottish Ground Crew

Hi Egg ... thanks for the practical comment - I'm not a sailor, but that's another bit of interesting information to file away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
An explaInation of sorts for you as I have sailed the Minch many times in the past on route to the Orkney Isles.

There is a major magnetic anomaly that runs up the west coast of Scotland, and has a very large flucuation due to the very old rock and its unique mineral content. It makes navigation a little tricky, and has caught many an unwary person on or near rocks and small islands. I consider the Minch to be one of the most dangerous stretches of water for sailing up in Europe.

That this earth map shows this through their own research doesn't suprise me at all.

I corrected my spelling because the Spelling Nazis have turned up.
I looked into the actual location a bit further, and I found that the point on the ground that seems to be referred to is a hilltop (>1600') at the bottom of Loch More. Here's a link to a map of the spot which, if you look at it, is directly under the name 'Aultanrynie' on the more detailed side of the map (http://drive.123-reg.co.uk/F/8677065-315162435) I'm now wondering if this is some sacred place? ... it's not marked as such?!? Maybe this is a pointless quest - if so, I won't be offended.
panpravda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #303
Egg
Banned

The worlds sacred places seem to have a high percentage of the worlds magnetic anomalies associated with them. Western Scotland is no different to any other - I find it very interesting indeed though and well worth a second or even a third look at.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #304
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

The posts re sailing up the west coast reminds me of the guy (Please help with the name) who sailed with his son(s?) before WWII and the only map they had was the AA road map.

love to all
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #305
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

Count us in! It will be really good to see everyone again!

love to all
Old 01-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #306
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

And to meet new people!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #307
panpravda
Avalon Senior Member

Hi All ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmckill View Post
Looking at organising another ground crew meet at the Toby Carvery, EH48 1LB in Bathgate( same location as last) on Sunday 1st Feb @ 11.30am then onto another location for the meet.
That's a date I can make so I'll commit to being there, and I look forward to meeting those of you that can manage.

Cheers ... Tom.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #308
Egg
Banned

True story: I went to Bonny Bridge to watch for UFOs in the late 90s, and I was with a mate and we were laid on the roof of his car watching the sky, and we saw this row of white gleeming shapes rushing across the sky. We were really leaping for joy inside at seeing a real bona fida UFO fleet - so much so that we stayed stock still laid there, cameras running for the big moment..........

........... and it took a week to get the smell of Goose poo out of my hair - b####ards crapped all over us.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:44 AM   #309
Yoga Nanda
Avalon Senior Member

Can't get there till bout 12.45 i'm afraid.....Bathgate that is , NOT Bonnybridge!
Yoga Nanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #310
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
True story: I went to Bonny Bridge to watch for UFOs in the late 90s, and I was with a mate and we were laid on the roof of his car watching the sky, and we saw this row of white gleeming shapes rushing across the sky. We were really leaping for joy inside at seeing a real bona fida UFO fleet - so much so that we stayed stock still laid there, cameras running for the big moment..........

........... and it took a week to get the smell of Goose poo out of my hair - b####ards crapped all over us.
Can but smile broadly Egg.
Its good to see you making a regular visit here.
Wonder what you are hatching into.

Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #311
firstfruit
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Scottish Ground Crew

Lak-ech one and all so sorry I will not make the meet up maybe next time

Love peace and light
firstfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #312
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstfruit View Post
Lak-ech one and all so sorry I will not make the meet up maybe next time

Love peace and light
Likewise I will not make this one.
Regards to all.
Chris
Old 01-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #313
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

I'll miss you on 1st Feb Rab and Chris!
love
Old 01-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #314
panpravda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmckill View Post
Hi guys,
Looking at organising another ground crew meet at the Toby Carvery, EH48 1LB in Bathgate( same location as last) on Sunday 1st Feb @ 11.30am then onto another location for the meet.
Matt
Hi Matt ...

This thread has been very quiet on your proposed meeting. Is it still going ahead?... if so, how should we recognise each other?

Regards ... Tom.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #315
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

We wondered how we would recognize other members of the crew at the Carvery last time as we sat in the car outside the door. About 10 people went in before we saw some shiny people, and said to each other, "That's them!" And we followed them in and they were indeed some of the SCG.

Matt will probably give more definite info on how to recognise us!

looking forward to Sunday

love
Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #316
panpravda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
About 10 people went in before we saw some shiny people,
Thanks Delphi ...

If you mean what I think you mean, then this will be interesting indeed ... I'll be easy to spot though ... the one looking lost!

... Tom.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #317
shaundelear
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Tom,
When you walk in as Delphi says it is a little bizzar you will be able to spot us .
However back up plan when you go in (just in case your late .....)ask for Shaun at the bar and they will direct you.
Looking forward to seeing you all.
Shaun
shaundelear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #318
firstfruit
Avalon Senior Member

Post Any one notice the birds

My part time job which I do twice a week takes me on a 80 mile round trip through much of the Scottish highlands since November right up until to day 29th I have noticed the geese back and forth back and forth in the skies they are still here its as if they do not know which way to go.

I have done this driving job for 6 years and believe me I have never seen this before

But what is more disturbing is the crows I have a large rookery around a mile from where I stay hundreds if not thousands of crows the noise is deafening

But me and mine are use to this the rookery has been there for many years

Anyway early morning the crows are circling ante clockwise after years of circling clockwise and on there way back to the rookery they are at a tremendous height a height you would normally only see them at on a warm summers day. I know the sun is out but it’s still absolutely freezing up here.

For me it brings knew meaning to the phrase there’s change in the air

One and all lak-ech
firstfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #319
panpravda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaundelear View Post
"ask for Shaun at the bar"
Shaun
Ha Shaun ... I love it! ... sounds like an old film scene

I'm looking forward to meeting all who can manage to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstfruit View Post
Re: Any one notice the birds
Hi Firstfruit ...

Weird about the birds' patterns of behaviour ... Here's a new thread from ATS on the same subject: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread431151/pg1

Regards ... Tom.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #320
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

Very interesting observations of birds Firstfruit.

All I noticed was that yesterday smelled different although it was as cold or colder than the day before. Can't define what the smell was, just it was different and earthy. The only thing I can compare it with is those times in early August when the weather looks the same as the day before but there's a scent of autumn.

while writing this, i've just heard that John Martyn has died. RIP and thank you for the music.

love to all
Old 01-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #321
Egg
Banned

Hi there Delphi.

Just adding what i saw this morning regarding the geese in my thread. It was really weird - they went weat to eat, and a few minutes later came back, and then just seemed to loose all sense and split like a flock of sparrows and head their own way.

In all my years I have never, ever seen geese do this. Oh and the farm animals are not 'alright' either - cows and sheep are sticking to the hedgerows like their lives depend on it.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #322
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Guys
somthing I have noticed is when I put bread out for the birds they tend to ignore it for a day but after it has lain out over night will eat next day. That may be a reflection on what goes into the bread these days.

Has anyone got a list of sacred sites in Scotland? This to have an energy place to meditate from re the nexus thread.

Thanks in advance

Wishing you all the best for your meeting

Love Chris
Old 01-31-2009, 12:47 AM   #323
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Chris and everyone
Re sacred sites, funny you should ask as I was talking yesterday to a friend who reckons that one of the hills not so far from here is far more sacred than is realised because of its relationship to Giza and phi. He did try to explain the maths but i am hugely innumerate. He also pointed me in the direction of Tom Graham's blog phi landscape about Edinburgh and the Lothians.

I did notice in my attempts to follow the recommendations on the Nexus2012 thread(s) that none of the northern Scottish sites were included and that Rosslyn Chapel is highly recommended. Even before the fuss with the Da Vinci Code I found it too frenetic, a bit like Glastonbury.

Traprain Law in East Lothian always gives me a buzz whenever I pass it, but like Rosslyn there's probably a fair bit of Masonic activity around it.

Most of the megalithic sites of the UK are listed in an idiosyncratic book called the Modern Antiquarian by Julian Cope. My personal favourites in Aberdeenshire are Loanhead of Daviot (my son's paternal ancestors are buried near there) Easter Aquhorthies (and a small area of woodland beside the Don at Pitfichie called Paradise which isn't listed in the book as it's just trees and the river). Local to you, there's Clava (where the trees always seem to me that they might be Ents and move when noone's looking at them!) and Corriemony where a huge red bull in a field took huge exception to my companion (as subsequently did I!) And there's Kilmartin in Argyll. I haven't made it to Orkney or Lewis yet.

This has got into a nostalgic trip round this country, partly because i am about to hand my car over to a new owner and I've been thinking a lot today about all the places I've been able to go in it in the last 12 years, and i am rather sad because it's been a good servant!
And now I have to learn to drive a different and wider car. watch out on single track roads folks!

love to all
Old 01-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #324
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Delphi and everyone.
Found this web site, a lot on it.
http://www.megalithic.co.uk/search.p...=3&sitetype=21

thanks for your input Delphi.
I go to the Clava stones when I can.
Love Chris
Old 02-02-2009, 01:38 AM   #325
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

THANK YOU GUYS for a great day! And hi to absent friends.

love to all