Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Europe > UK

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #26
Terra
Project Avalon Researcher

Default Re: UK Ground Crew

Portsmouth here. Will be watching keenly...

IF.....
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #27
mattmckill
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: UK Ground Crew

Count my misses and me in as well,we both live in the west of Scotland (Girvan).
mattmckill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #28
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

woo hoo lots new people in justa day!!! fabulous...

I have been thinking about this ..how it can work considering most people are still very spread out regionally at moment, and it might take a few months to organise this properly...hower, what about using 'skype' for group discussions all online at specific time..its free to download...its free to use ..and anyone with webcams can use them also to give a more personal feel to the meetings...what do u all think?

I have got skype, but dont really use it at moment..unsure of how to set up a conference situation..but told it is very straightforward!

could this be a viable solution for now??
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #29
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Hi

I was involved in a project like this before, I mentioned it here briefly:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...=2326#post2326

We used skype to have weekly meetings, it's very easy to use and as a benefit you can download it free for all three major OS's.

Jay
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #30
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

hiya Jay!

well thats fabulous u have experience here with skype...and i agree with your comments about how the best intentions can fail due to ego etc... but for now, i think all we can do is go with the flow here..with no direct/immediate expectations...and see which balls land where ..so to speak lol!

would it be possible, when u have the time, to write out a step by step ABC of how to use skype ..especially as a conference situation? people interested can copy/paste and go set it all up...then in a while, when there is about 10/15 people willing to start off regular meetings...hopefully others will follow?
i reckon if we get this rolling, then at some point we can have themed skype meetings for those who are interested in differnt agendas...eg..not everyone is intending on leaving the UK...( although like u I am drawn to the paraguay region)

anyways, i hope all the good people posting here are continuing to shine their light and smile their way thru uncertaintly and confusion!!
Old 09-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #31
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Hiya Fire, sorry your real name escapes me for the moment. I keep refering to you as firefox or firehose when I chat to my partner about Avalon...lol

Anyway, I will see what I can come up with regarding a step by step guide for skype. I use Linux so I am not sure if there are any major differences between linux, Windows and Mac when it comes to Skype.

Jay
Old 09-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #32
Maude
Avalon Senior Member

Hi y'all, think I have already posted on a similar thread. But helloo from Chichester anyway! Good to see everyone
Maude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #33
Caladan
Avalon Senior Member

Great to see more people joining in.

The skype idea is a good one. It could be a little while before we can start regional meeting while we wait for more people to join.
Caladan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #34
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Hampshire based.... look forward to seeing you all ...

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #35
andromeda
Avalon Senior Member

Hi, I am based in Hastings, East Sussex. I am also interested in meeting with like minded people down here so please let me know.
andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #36
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Default Essex

Hi all

I'm from Essex, not sure of my plans yet. But we are arranging get togethers for essex.

Stef

Last edited by chelmostef; 09-22-2008 at 03:12 PM.
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #37
21sept
Avalon Senior Member

Have posted already but found my way here so hi and ain't it great to find 'us' all. I was living with a quietly deafening dread that the UK was asleep, WE ARE AWAKE, WELL AND ALIVE
21sept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #38
Caladan
Avalon Senior Member

Good to see we are still growing in numbers, and it's only been a few days.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #39
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

hi again everyone!! looks like the UK is awakening from its slumber at last judging from the numbers strarting to show up on here...I also was wondering the past year how many other Brits were keeping track of all this...and here we are!!

Inspite of this, there is only a window of time while events unfold...and many many others need to become aware of the 'bigger picture' ...
can i put out a call for everyone here to commit in some form, to trying to get the word out to as many people humanly possible???

there are so many ways...social networking sites ( i reached over 4,000 the other day on facebook, advertising project camelot and this new site!) or putting together a list of websites and handing them out to anyone who shows slightest interest in subject
( I have converted a taxi driver, teacher, work colleague and barman in my local to name a few...we got into convo..i had the list ready and they did research and now are educating others!!)

Maybe there are freelance writers out there who are willing to construct some articles to get out into the mainstream? or if there is people working in media...try talking to as many people...someone/somewhere might be able to get some coverage on this topic?

I have already emailed the mainstream media networks, but so far, no response..but like i said, its a numbers game..so the more of us talking and spreading our own research the better!!!

really LOVELY to see so many other like minded peeps here...

lets make sure we keep up the energy on this thread...
and let the ideas/support and action F L O W...!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #40
Jeffrey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehorse10 View Post
Inspite of this, there is only a window of time while events unfold...and many many others need to become aware of the 'bigger picture' ...
can i put out a call for everyone here to commit in some form, to trying to get the word out to as many people humanly possible???
My wife and I are Songwriters, and a few years back she wrote a beautiful song, which still rings true. I am working on producing a Video for it at the moment, where there will be quotes mentioned as well as websites, such as Camelot. The Video will the be posted on Google Video, as well as our individual websites.

Also, I am working on adding a new "Truth" page to my own website, which is meant to assist in waking people up. I have the english version ready, but since my site is bi-lingual (german and english), I still need to finish the german page. I have quite a few people in Germany who check out my site...
Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #41
Psonik

Brighton here
Old 09-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #42
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

heya all of you lovely people!!!

just thought I would add this video...to keep up the fire in our bellys..and motivation to take positive action/educate/speculate/share/support etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7KHUbuhgpQ

hope ur all having a good day!!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #43
Phosphene_Sparks
Avalon Senior Member

M in Bristol here. Keep me in the loop if any meetups should occur.
Phosphene_Sparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #44
Caladan
Avalon Senior Member

Great video firehorse10.

Anymore thought into getting a skype conference going?
I think it would be great to start in that direction.

Take it easy.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #45
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

hi crew member from manchester(at the moment) uk. hi people loets get rocking. time is short. not sure what happens or how we go with stuff herein britain. if bush brings martial law im sure we are next. im thinking priorities are food stockpile, food supplement purchases(DUE TO CODEX ALIMENTARIUS). gas heaters and gas bottles and camping stoves for winter. russia will chop the gas of im sure if we continue to provoke. if they attack iran its game on i think.. well hi all and hope to hear other peoples thoughts
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #46
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

hiya folks!!

here is a link that I think you will all benefit from watching !!!(incase you havent seen these)

These videos actually really transformed my awareness of current events and our history!

would be interested in hearing from you via email what your thoughts are to what is said!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDN6ZcZ0y9I

happy days everyone!!!!!

so glad to be here...........

FIRE
Old 09-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #47
RevyUK
Avalon Senior Member

I dont know much about skype, only ever used it once on the Open Minds forum.
However just thought id point out there are other modes of communication available over the tinterweb... Teamspeak & Ventrilo are to name a few..

Dont know much about Skype but i can easily stick up a Teamspeak server on my laptop for any organized get-togethers. Not hosted on Ventrilo or Skype before but im sure i could figure it out
RevyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #48
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Skype is really easy to use, and it's free to download for use with all three major OS's.

Whichever method we use to create a conference in the future, we need to be aware that not everbody uses 'sin'dows or Mac. Being a linux user myself, we need to tailor the tools we use to people like little old me.

Jay
Old 09-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #49
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

ok thanks Revv...maybe you could post links here for people to download and also intrustions? without a doubt we will be getting this together whichever way...
all the best!
fire
Old 09-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #50
Paradigmwizard

Wow guys, It is amazing that since the top of my head blew off with discovering all this information in the last few months that I though that I was on my own and not sure what to do next. So it is amazing to see all you people come together and so quickly.

I agree that we need to do regional meetings and go from there. I am based near Birmingham and have seen some Midlands guys so I will try and start a dialogue going with them.

In the meantime anybody got any thoughts on some safe areas? My thinking is somewhere rural, relatively high altitude but source of water etc. (Sounds obvious I know). I have been thinking Mid West Wales myself as I am from Wales originally and know what it's like over there.

Anybody from Mid Wales out there?