Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Europe > UK

Notices

Old 09-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #26
dave

Default Re: Unitied Kingdom Thread

Hello from Blackpool
Old 09-06-2008, 01:23 PM   #27
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Greetings Dave and welcome to the forum.

Fire, what type of plans are you making? Although I am working on creating the Sanctuary as our ideal solution and end goal, I am not nieve to be thinking that I should not be making plans for where we are now, good ol' blighty.

We have about 6 months worth of food stocked, cooking fuel, water etc. Like you fire, I don't drive so wondering how to get all this 'stuff' to a new safe area in the UK is a very interesting point to consider.

Jay
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #28
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

Hello from Manchester!
Been an 'avid' watcher of alternative stuff, especially Project Camelot, for years. Rense seems to be having more problems today (can't find page server) on a lot of very key articles. Hmmmm.
I also post frequently on another mainstream forum (not as Avid), and am a noted 'conspiracy theorist', a term I loathe. There are more and more of us now, we are awakening others. Keep up the good work everyone!
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #29
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

hey nice to hear from u Avid...it is growing like a wild fire now..I have just posted info about this site to about 4,000 members of other groups I am on with facebook...if every person sent info about here and camelot to all groups/friends lists i reckon we could get a few more million around the globe waking up and paying attention!!

ahh Jay, i seem to have overlooked your 'sanctuary' plans..could u email me more details here pls?
as for me personally- Just incase of a stockmarket crash between sept-dec, i plan on cashing in all savings plans asap. i want to invest cash into a vehicle/coach that can be converted for living purpose- anyone out there with skills to get involved or who has already done this????
Even if the UK appears not too affected by whatever is around the corner..i would just feel more secure that i had a home on wheels for some reason!! if it came to crunch it would be nice to have a getaway plan to switzerland ..... wouldnt it be fabulous if a whole bunch of people got mobile homes/stocks at the ready and a whole convoy of us went off together somewhere??

The other plan B is to join an established eco community either in Australia or south america/paru/panama ?? that is why these forums are so essential...anyone with similair ideas can email/join forces and work faster together ..many hand make light work!

As for transferable skills, well..i have just discovered a group in BATH who are alll into organic living and preparing for a post oil 'disaster' situation...i am going to get involved and learn whow to grwo veg and basics like that...I am a counsellor and very skilled at dealing with trauma in its many forms..and have very useful healing techniques...
having lived communally/alternative for many years i have a good background in mediation/negotiation and running meetings etc.... I am banking on being useful somewhere ...to someone/something..at some point!!!! LOL

I feel at this point we collectively need to put our energies into establishing who has what skills/ experience/ offerings and then start gathering people who are aiming for similair goals... what are other peoples thoughts on next step plans??
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #30
Jasper
Avalon Senior Member

Near Poole in Dorset..........and it's still raining!
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #31
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Those sound like pretty solid plans fire. BTW I have sent you an email with the link to our blog about the sanctuary.

Jay
Old 09-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #32
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

Dried/prepacked foods for emergencies
Try this company, otherwise buy tins of baked beans (can be eaten hot or cold). Buy dried pack foods/soups etc and get water purification tabs.
Anyone who is a member of a warehouse club (ie Costco) join forces and buy in bulk, split it and divide costs. The basics are extremely cheap thereafter. Just watch out for GM foods in imported USA long-term ready meals.
Also, just in case, get cheap water containers (around £2.00 per large collapsible container) and water purification tabs.
Save rainwater NOW!!!
I also bought metallic foil survival blankets and loads of tin foil to protect our electronics...
Maybe a chocolate fireguard???
The sun powered cooker is brilliant.
BUT>>>>
I'm a person who really needs to be organised for anything, so nothing will go to waste if all is fine!
Now - let's be positive, we can all go camping with any residues, and have plenty of stuff for visitors!!!!
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #33
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Avid,

A fellow preparer!

Have you used a solar oven before? I am giving serious thought to buying or making one from scratch.

Jay
Old 09-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #34
Angel of the Mists
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Unitied Kingdom Thread

Hello from Scotland!

Just registered and you have no idea how heartened I feel to discover that you are all here on this land mass and thinking about this stuff. Most of the folk I know just can't confront it. Can I just say that yes! there is much that we can do on a practical level and I agree with Firehorse's comment about finding out what skills and resources we bring between us (and I can drive, and would really like to get Switzerland if the going get's tough......) and also Jacqui D's comments about survival skills.

But also, can I share something I read a couple of weeks ago, from Messages to the Ground Crew.....many of you may have read it also.

'Thus it is a ground crew with true intention that will cause energy to turn towards what they truely intend. Going with the flow is the line of least resistence. To cause the flow of experience to change direction will entail a period of chaos within the established current, during which the aqueous movement will become confused. The intention must be held firmly within the consciousness of many, in order that it change direction. It is not necessary that the curve be 180 degrees in the beginning, but a diversion away from the original goal. However the 180 degrees must be an intended accomplishment, or through loss of focus, it could be diverted back again.'

So.....it seems to me that not only should we be thinking of things practical and of survival, but should we not also be collectively focusing our intention? What about all of us here agreeing a time each day that we connect to that level of consciousness that we are all a part of and focus our attention and our INTENTION on changing the course of what appears to be unfolding before us.

Again from Messages to the Ground Crew: ' The focus of intent is power indeed!!'

From Angel of the Mists, a ground crew member in training
Angel of the Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:13 AM   #35
Zelphael
Avalon Senior Member

Zac from London here.

I can't help but think... of all the places I've seen in the UK, when I visited the Scottish Highlands (and some of the Lochs, like Loch Lomond) I thought, "This looks like the most untouched place on earth I have ever seen." There were giant hills, lakes, sheep and cattle, lots of greenery. Looked like a really great place to flee to if necessary. What do others think!?

All I know is, if anything major happens, London is going to be one of the worst places on earth to be. It could turn from busy to chaos to sheer hell in a single day.
Zelphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:36 AM   #36
tforceimaj

hi all, im from london! I must be honest I really dont feel too comfortable staying here.

I live very central, a 15 minute walk from vauxhall bridge. I think though that I agree with those who believe that they will be at the right place at the right time.

Did it cross anyones mind to be able to ride and use a motorbike, and with an extra tank of fuel. This would obviously be more effective than a car with major traffic, and if you have just yourself or one other, with an extra tank could go several hundred miles.

I also thought that the scottish highlands sounds like a reasonably good area, however, in relative terms, it is still very coastal, in the northern hemisphere, and near potential target areas.

Ne ways, I would greatly appreciate anyone messaging me who is near or in London.

NIce to meet you all.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 AM   #37
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder

Hi, you Brits

Many of you will know that I lived for many years in Scotland.

One of the reasons I'm no longer in the UK is that it's gradually turning into a police state... and, less obviously except to some, my perception is that the nation, and many of the people, were becoming more and more unhappy.

I'm now based in Switzerland, and the difference is like chalk and cheese. No-one's miserable; everything works; everything looks like it's been spring-cleaned (wherever you are); you could set an atomic clock by the trains and buses; and in three years I've not seen any signs of crime, and almost no poverty worth the name at all. Even the farmers are affluent, driving new cars with beautiful farmhouses full of wide screen TVs and modern appliances.

One of the reasons I'm here is that if the global infrastructure really is put under pressure, the Swiss will still keep things working and won't start infighting or creating problems for one another. They'll just quietly fix everything with no fuss, and do a perfectionist job.

Contrast that with the UK and little needs to be said.

But I loved the Highlands, and still do. It could be an ideal place to hang out except that there's not much that one can do to grow food - the miracles of Findhorn notwithstanding. One MIGHT be reduced to crofting - which any Highlander will tell you is very hard work indeed.

On the other hand, the people are the finest (and toughest); the small communities are strong; there's no shortage of land, or what George Green calls "the most valuable mineral on the planet" (water). And Big Brother is quite a long way away.

Very best to all - Bill
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #38
ladyluck
Avalon Senior Member

Hello from Slough, Berkshire!

You guys cannot imagine how relieved I am to know that I'm not the only person in the UK who contemplates on these very serious matters!

I live about 20 miles outside London (Heathrow airport is a 10 minute bus ride from my place), and I wish to live in more rural areas such as Derbyshire, close to the peak district or in Wales and also in the small towns outside Zurich, Switzerland. I've been thinking about this for the last 5 years now.

I've also been meditating and learning to stay positive using EFT & the sedona method which has helped me cope mentally/emotionally/spiritually with the current global events.

Any suggestions, advice about how to prepare in a physical sense would be greatly appreciated!

blessings!

Maxine
ladyluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:00 AM   #39
llogun
Avalon Senior Member

Hi im from leicester nice to meet you all
llogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #40
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

Hi from south devon...

peace

bananaman
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #41
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: Unitied Kingdom Thread

I have never really thought about Switzerland before, if it's as nice as what Bill says that it is, maybe that should be a place to be considered.

Anyone know of any Administrator jobs going there...lol

Jay
Old 09-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #42
llogun
Avalon Senior Member

Hello im from leicester
llogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #43
Steve_G

Hi from Derby in the Midlands.

Ladyluck, I've also considered the peak district as a place to go when the crap hits the fan. The problem is we don't really know what we're preparing for or how badly we'll be hit.

Of course, it may be nothing! But just in case...

I read somewhere on the forum that the best thing to do is start by getting 1 day's worth of food and water stored. Then pat yourself on the back. Then get 3 days worth. Then pat yourself on the back. And so on. That sets you up if the best thing is to remain at home for a while.

If you need to relocate I reckon in the initial stages mobility will be the key. A small lightweight tent, 4-season sleeping bag, small cartridge based burner for hot drinks etc. Try to get everything you need into a format that you can carry reasonably comfortably.

Get water purification tablets so you don't have to carry water. Dried foods because they're lighter and a large supply of vitamin pills. Fire-making materials. Try not to rely on a car unless you have large stockpiles of fuel. A clockwork radio may also be extremely useful.

I also think we need to arrange rally points with people local to us. None of us know where we'll be if and when something does kick off, so having an immediate goal will be vital to help deal with the psychological impact.

I realise this is all short term stuff, largely because I don't have the resources (or knowledge of whats going to happen) to be able to prepare much further ahead.

Any thoughts?

Old 09-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #44
Angel of the Mists
Avalon Senior Member

Question Re: Unitied Kingdom Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ryan View Post

But I loved the Highlands, and still do. It could be an ideal place to hang out except that there's not much that one can do to grow food - the miracles of Findhorn notwithstanding. One MIGHT be reduced to crofting - which any Highlander will tell you is very hard work indeed.

On the other hand, the people are the finest (and toughest); the small communities are strong; there's no shortage of land, or what George Green calls "the most valuable mineral on the planet" (water). And Big Brother is quite a long way away.

Very best to all - Bill
Bill is right in what he says. Parts of Scotland are lovely, in a very wild and elemental way, but surviving here would be challenging. Mind you that is probably going to be true of anywhere. Back to what I was saying about intention, if we share that intention, we can reclaim a lot of energy and by focusing on a shared goal, we could succeed at anything!

So let me ask you all a question.....what would be our shared goal?

Seems to me that question could be answered on different levels.
Angel of the Mists
Old 09-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #45
Angel of the Mists
Avalon Senior Member

Sunrunner....just read your posting and I think you make some good basic points about getting started. Getting a tent etc makes absolute sense.

Your idea about rally points is also a good one. How do we start putting that together?

Angel
Old 09-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #46
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Unitied Kingdom Thread

Absolutely...ralley points..or places to meet when times get a bit bad or if things really kick off need to be in place because the first thing people are gona think is 'where we going to go'... So a place to head for is the first thing...
To be honest just writing this down and starting to bring it to the forefront of conscious thought is a good start and somewhat of a small weight off my shoulders anyway. We are all in this together...we are all one..

keep up the good work and lets keep communicating...
much love

bananaman
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #47
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunner View Post
Hi from Derby in the Midlands.

I read somewhere on the forum that the best thing to do is start by getting 1 day's worth of food and water stored. Then pat yourself on the back. Then get 3 days worth. Then pat yourself on the back. And so on. That sets you up if the best thing is to remain at home for a while.

If you need to relocate I reckon in the initial stages mobility will be the key. A small lightweight tent, 4-season sleeping bag, small cartridge based burner for hot drinks etc. Try to get everything you need into a format that you can carry reasonably comfortably.

Get water purification tablets so you don't have to carry water. Dried foods because they're lighter and a large supply of vitamin pills. Fire-making materials. Try not to rely on a car unless you have large stockpiles of fuel. A clockwork radio may also be extremely useful.

I also think we need to arrange rally points with people local to us. None of us know where we'll be if and when something does kick off, so having an immediate goal will be vital to help deal with the psychological impact

Any thoughts?

I think the idea of rally points being organised is excellent! and of course each one of us day by day adding to emergency stocks..
this site is going to go thru the roof over next few months ..so we will all have to remain very vigilent to postings and who is connecting with whom and where!

Once numbers have swelled...people can organise threads for different region rally points.....

Somehow, and quickly we need to have people who are willing and free to coordinate meetings/rally points and be the ones to notify others as events start to unfold where to meet in public so proper plans of action can be put into place without hopefully being infultrated by the unseen enemy!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #48
skysurfer
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Everybody
I'm from Bournemouth, UK, got an email from Camelot and a prompt from Jasper so thought I ought to get in the act just in case I need to borrow a can of beans from somebody during the apocalypse!
Co-incidentally I was seeking on the web a place to connect with similar minds based on geography - although it's good to be in touch worldwide with others, it's sometimes useful to actually meet folk in the physical.
I wonder if it would be possible somewhere on this list to divide the UK into counties and somehow register Listers who live in each.
That would mean you could look in say Dorset where I live and see who else s around and maybe arrange meetings etc - or even look at say Hampshire next door to do the same.
Communication is everything and we all have a lot to share.
Personally I am an older guy who's been in this field for many years.
I have seen it all before - I remember a colleague who moved up into the hills of Dorset when Briefing for a Landng on Planet Earth suggested the UK was going to be flooded. He didn't get his feet wet - but who knows he might still be living in the driest place!
But whether or not the scary scenarios around this site ever happen, it's good for like minds to connect.
It's good to see some spiritually minded people on this thread as well as the practical minds.
So hello to you all and as the Chinese say ' May we live in interesting times'
Dave
PS Maybe some techie can change the mispelling on this thread title? Or maybe Uni-tied does have some symbolic meaning?!

Last edited by skysurfer; 09-07-2008 at 11:59 AM.
skysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #49
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Welcome to the forum skysurfer!!
the idea of dividing the UK into regions is already startiing to establish themselves..we just all have to keep creating threads if we dont feel represented by our region..it will grow rapidly!
look forward to your contributions here...take care !
Old 09-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #50
Caladan
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all.

Newquay, Cornwall here.

Glad to see so many Brits here. I look forward to working with you all.

Caladan - I want to believe
Caladan is offline   Reply With Quote