Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Europe > UK

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
QtesUKStoke
Avalon Senior Member

Default United Kingdom Thread

If your from the uk introduce yourself here

Last edited by Colin; 09-08-2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Changed thread title from Unitied to United
QtesUKStoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
initialstate

Default Re: Unitied Kingdom Thread

hello from south Birmingham.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
Solomon

Hi from Gloucestershire!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
Colin

Hello from up north in Teesside
Old 09-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Hey All

North Somerset here, but I have spent 6 years in County Durham, cos that's where my partner came from.

I hope that we can get some serious and productive networking going.

Jay

Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

hiya everyone! I am currently based in BATH UK ..happy to hear from anyone as its essential we as 'ground crew' feel supported in the midst of so much unawareness and denial 'out there' in the society we currently live...I am soooo UP FOR ACTION!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Preparing is very interesting, at the moment I kinda feel like I am playing pin the tail on the donkey, the thing is:

A) I have no idea what the hell a Donkey is.
B) I dropped the bloody pin!

No matter which way we dress this up, we need one major thing and that is money. In this economic situation, that is something that seems to be vanishing fast.

Jay
Old 09-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
QtesUKStoke
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypierce2008 View Post
Preparing is very interesting, at the moment I kinda feel like I am playing pin the tail on the donkey, the thing is:

A) I have no idea what the hell a Donkey is.
B) I dropped the bloody pin!

No matter which way we dress this up, we need one major thing and that is money. In this economic situation, that is something that seems to be vanishing fast.

Jay
In one way i fully agree with what your saying,, (and a big hello to all that have posted here). but i don't think money is the key, the main thing here is contacts and knowledge. i've been spending alot of my money recently on silver and gold. what ever happens, `yes ok that can devalue` but it will be worth more and will keep its value a hell of a lot more than paper notes and sterling. opinions please ,, im from stoke-on-trent by the way

and a big hello to you all

Last edited by QtesUKStoke; 09-05-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Stoke,

When I talk about money, I don't mean just the fiat currencies that most/if not all countries operate from. Gold and Silver have their place in the days to come, many believe that Gold and Silver is not important as having access to your own source of food.

When the supermarket is bare, and the economy has long since died. Will Gold and Silver be important methods of barter?

Money in whatever format will be needed to establish a community, unless we look into creating the community after the collapse/war has happened.

Maybe I am missing the point of your comment?

Jay
Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
QtesUKStoke
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypierce2008 View Post
Hi Stoke,

When I talk about money, I don't mean just the fiat currencies that most/if not all countries operate from. Gold and Silver have their place in the days to come, many believe that Gold and Silver is not important as having access to your own source of food.

When the supermarket is bare, and the economy has long since died. Will Gold and Silver be important methods of barter?

Money in whatever format will be needed to establish a community, unless we look into creating the community after the collapse/war has happened.

Maybe I am missing the point of your comment?

Jay
i miss understood you i think i've got too the point were money means nothing too me and i think people will realise it means nothing to them when it comes too the crunch ,, i've got nearly 3 months worth of food supplys at present away from my home.. that means a lot more too me than having 10k 20k in the bank in this current climate.

but moving on, too establish a new community after what ever may or may not fall, knowledge and trust between fellow man is the key here.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #11
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

Hello from Hastings!
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #12
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Hi from kent, i have been thinking about the money situation also as was said we will need gold or silver, well i have neither so what happens to people like us.
But i feel there will be a lot of black market dealings so we may have a chance yet.
We will have to go back to basics i feel knowledge of survival would be your greatest asset and of course the fittest will survive.
So that's me the old codger that i am.
Another problem will be medication!
If you can't survive without your medication you have no chance.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #13
Administrator
Project Avalon Administrator

Cornwall this end

Top of a cliff, rather than the bottom
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #14
Strandloper
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all,
From Torbay, Devon
Strandloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #15
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

hmm yep this is getting to crunch time me thinks in productively investing any cash into resouceful things such as vehicle/camping survival gear, dried food, medication etc...hard cash wont be very useful in a years time! Can anyone advise where i can buy silver/gold for cash at source without doing it online as another 'investment'
I dont drive, but i am really up for the idea of getting a second hand coach and having it converted as mobile home...thats if, and only if i decide to aim for Switzerland/Alps -i am certain we would find someone easily enough to come along for the adventure who drives! lol..... another part of me is considering the option of selling up everything..grab a plane ticket and get over to the mountains of Peru etc...( but i dont speak any languages!) ho hum..decisions decisions!!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #16
Strandloper
Avalon Senior Member

Main thing is that you are Here, right now.
Nothing is set in stone. All future possibilities and probabalities are, I believe, both mutable and changeable and none of us realy know what exactly is going to transpire if we're to be honest. We've a little time though I hope, to be able to commune a while, talk of spiritual matters and maybe prepare spiritually.... regardless of any little nasty's that may or may not be lurking round the corner.

Strandloper
Old 09-05-2008, 11:19 PM   #17
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehorse10 View Post
hmm yep this is getting to crunch time me thinks in productively investing any cash into resouceful things such as vehicle/camping survival gear, dried food, medication etc...hard cash wont be very useful in a years time! Can anyone advise where i can buy silver/gold for cash at source without doing it online as another 'investment'
I dont drive, but i am really up for the idea of getting a second hand coach and having it converted as mobile home...thats if, and only if i decide to aim for Switzerland/Alps -i am certain we would find someone easily enough to come along for the adventure who drives! lol..... another part of me is considering the option of selling up everything..grab a plane ticket and get over to the mountains of Peru etc...( but i dont speak any languages!) ho hum..decisions decisions!!
Well it's good to see that I am not the only one who kinda has a plan, but no real way in hell of making it work.

I feel so much better now...lol

Jay
Old 09-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #18
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

LOL..glad u feel better Jay!! your right strandloper..all in good time will things unfold...and yes, i am sure we can all look forward to some great conversations to come!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #19
Strandloper
Avalon Senior Member

Nice one Firehorse.
Keep that one way to Peru on stand-by.... eh.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:27 AM   #20
eagle
Avalon Senior Member

USA crashing this thread for a moment...

Before you go off the deep end, consider that some of those guys are dead wrong.

I am still trying to separate the disinfo from the facts. How does anyone make that determination so quickly and definitively to be bugging out?

This probably deserves its own thread.
eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #21
Pathfinder
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all, Nottingham calling.
I'm gald to meet so many truthseekers. I like the rest of you was meant to be here i think some at least will know where i'm coming from. I like some here have had the dreams and personally for me have known since i was knee high to a grasshopper that life is out of sink. I don't know how i just know, i just know the feeling has always been with me and its so strong at the moment and i have to be honest i'm a tad scared. This site is a god send, i never thought i would find people that have the same understanding as myself. As Firehorse says now i'm so up for doing something, anything. I hope whatever we achieve we can help as many as possible. PF
Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #22
RevyUK
Avalon Senior Member

Greetings all !!

Its so promising to see so many Brits here so soon... I personally think we have the unique opportunity here.. Our country is so small in comparison to others, its hard not to imagine the possibilities...

Anyway, south Birmingham here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by initialstate View Post
hello from south Birmingham.
Freaky eh ?
RevyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #23
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

I agree its fantastic there seems to be a few brits here already!! apologies to anyone if i go off topic sometimes in threads...never really used a forum like this before, so still getting hang of it...picking up threads..directly going to where u need to pick up other threads..I am sure it is all simple...lol if I can get my head around multi dimensional beings and quantum physic theories then i can sort myself out on here !!! take care all..peace x
Old 09-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #24
Vicki
Avalon Senior Member

Hi All - 'no longer so anxious' of Lincolnshire here!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better - already I've read comments that I so completely agree and emphasise with. I certainly feel that I've been drawn here and not by accident either!

Firehorse10 - don't go tearing off anywhere just yet! I think we have time (at the moment) to see what transpires. Some 'big' dates coming up - let's see what happens.

On the subject of money - personally I can see a time when the 'barter' system returns - you know, trading something you have or can do for something that you need.

Vicki
Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #25
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

ahh no worries Vikki, I am taking things day by day and will defo be staying put until we see what big events arise between sept and oct.... but there is much planning and thinking process involved while we wait for events to unfold...keeping ALL options open.. but i am concerned about getting stuck on our little Island if something like a virus outbrake occurs! the air traffic can be ground to a halt very fast...and i just want to keep all options as possibilities for now ...

this is great, already a few brits connecting...keep the private mail and friendships growing...safety in numbers one way or another!