Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
Phr0z3n
Avalon Senior Member

Default Known Sources of Disinformation

First post on this board so moderators please feel free to move this thread to the correct forum location in case I have made a mistake in placing it here.

Over the past several months of hovering around the forums and other sites regarding theories and news sources, I have found a repeated posting of information from sources that have a history and a reputation as being a known disinformation agent. The thing I have not seen on any forum regarding these subjects is a list of people who put out these fake stories. I know that I am new to this area of knowledge but I just figured if people wanted to research stuff they should at least use real sources instead of ones that get them insta-flamed. I.E. "Sorcha Faal...Enough Said"
Phr0z3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
WalkingTurtle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Known Sources of Disinformation

I think we should first define what is information. I've realized that there is absolutely no real source of any true information you can access, be it a dictionary, the internet, your neighbor, the pope or anything. So the only thing that remains is you yourself. And only you know what you are and where you belong. Though, I can't trust even myself what I should think or feel nowadays and I'm getting more and more confused the more I know and think. I think They got were they wanted to get me. A confused and helpless sheep standing on a meadow full of beautiful butterflies, chewing grass and waiting for the butcher.

I just want to trust someone! Is that too much?

WT
WalkingTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #3
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Unfortunately when it comes to misinformation, we all fall prey to this phenomenom based on predictions, half truth, and our own prejudices and belief system. What we believe to be truth is based on our understanding and may not be true at all, we just perceive it as such. My advice is do not accept any information at face value question your preset belief system to better understand what is true. Often times your inner voice will reveal bits and pieces of what is true.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

hmmm

well if we knew what the truth really IS

then we wouldn't fall to dis-information

I am reminded of how Zorgon changed John Lear's mind concerning the alleged Apollo moon landings

and it made me ask the questions, if even the "informed" or "insiders" can have their minds changed then how do we or they really know the truth in the first place

There will be people who say this guy or that gal is a dis-informer, but this usually only comes about because someone makes a convincing webpage debunking this guy or gal's story

some will defend Bill Meier to the end while others regard his story as complete fabrication

Whistle blowers call each other dis-informers when their stories dont match etc - Bill Cooper did this alot

it starts an major debate with no end

so although I like your idea, IMHO this could be a can of worms...

but who knows, I might learn something so I am open to it, yet I will be approaching this subject with caution.

peace
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Sorcha Faal is moved to Off Topic on this forum.

Jenny.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

information comes in different ways to me.
i gather a lot of information by observing, searching, "dowsing", synchronicity, visions, dreams..etc..
i try not to mistake what is impressive with what is important.
now information is not the same as knowledge to me which is is not the same as awareness (total awareness). it is important to ponder information and "filter" it before it can go up the pyramid to become "knowledge" and only little reaches the stage of total awareness...
one of the few things which has reached "total awareness" so far, is this quote:"I know that I know nothing".
strangely i was aware of it before i really knew that socrates already said it a long time ago; and this lead to the understanding, that ultimate truth comes from no external source but from the within. information from outside can give hints and if it "resonates", then its all the better and to be "worked" on..

again:

Last edited by capreycorn; 11-03-2008 at 09:03 PM.
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:15 PM   #7
JoyAnna
Avalon Senior Member

I really appreciate this question. I know it is necessary to do my own research into information to determine worthiness of the label of "true". I often go to Google to try to find out more about the person or topic. However, lately, it seems that Google is a big time waster, filled with short, repetitive YouTube clips, advertisements, and sensational bits and sundry. Just try to google "Bill Deagle" and see what you get. I wanted to learn what he has done in addition to his long video and his nutritional website. Where could you search to find out more about his other activities? Do any of you have favorite search engines to help discover more about the people and events we read about?
JoyAnna
JoyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #8
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

I do the same as you search search search

I find that I will hold unto the ones I like

I really found some good ones and one is Globalreserch.ca

topconspiracyII is an x CIA

This site in itself makes me nervouse at times.

So I guess we need to figure out ourselfs which ones are Off-topic. I dont think anyone here should make that decision for us. We are all awake now and need to decide for ourselfs for a change.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:46 PM   #9
Myplanet2
In The Mists

The question often comes up "who can we trust to tell us the truth", and the answer is often offered, "trust yourself, and your own information and discernment".

This might be one of the big lessons many of us are in the process of learning.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #10
PTTurboe

The posters who post the most here - where do you get the time?
Old 11-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #11
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Well its a fair enough question, I think. If its difficult and going to ruffle feathers that isn't a real reason not to try to resolve. So here is where I fall on the subject. Maybe it will help you to again trust your instincts as there is never one truth, really not when humans are involved in any case. 2 people can have the same experience and have totally different truths around the same thing.

So for the whistleblowers I think its going to be pretty tough as most are so used to lying for whatever reasons its second nature and they may no longer be able to decifer a truth from an exaggeration or received lie from higher up the food chain anymore.

For example the gut reaction I had from Miriam Delcado (sp?, sorry) was this woman is lying, pit of my stomach feeling HOWEVER she was not lying about everything in my opinion. So was it worth listening to her -- In my opinion a resounding yes. She spoke of some things I am entirely certain of and others which we just self-satisified ego mania.

Let's see -- another, David Wilcock I think has part of the puzzle but I don't think he is lying, I just think he is mis-guided. Worth listening to ? Yes.

Now my tiny parts of my very small local puzzle are becoming clearer but then again I could discover somethig else which could negate the whole thing next week. Like I personally don't think large ships are going to make themselves a show in the sky anytime soon (no saying they are not there in a less obvious sense, but only the people who are seeking them I think, may see them) But then again if they turn up tomorrow won't I feel like an eegit.

So I think basically you can trust your own filter, whilst researching, verifying as possible and questioning everything that comes before you. Do not give up on your unique bs detector its really valuable.

g
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote