Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 03:01 AM   #26
ubiquitousquintessence
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "Spirituality" - A Discussion

Can "prime thought" be individual?
To me, prime thought is "source". Source is the origin of all, and therefore IS all. As soon as I attempt to individuate prime thought, it ceases to be prime thought....

Can there be a definition of "me"?
Yes, but that definition would not be "me". A description of a thing is not the thing - as a painting of a mountain is not a mountain.
ubiquitousquintessence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:30 AM   #27
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitousquintessence View Post
Can "prime thought" be individual?
To me, prime thought is "source". Source is the origin of all, and therefore IS all. As soon as I attempt to individuate prime thought, it ceases to be prime thought....

Can there be a definition of "me"?
Yes, but that definition would not be "me". A description of a thing is not the thing - as a painting of a mountain is not a mountain.
Good correction re Prime Thought. I would have to revise that to say individuated Prime Thought and let my question stand.

Have you experienced the ultimate simplicity of "ME"?
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:42 AM   #28
ubiquitousquintessence
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
It can go towards a rhythm or undulation from ourselves as sovereign creator beings to ourselves that are communing via this forum.

If one were fully awakened to their static sovereign state and at the same time fully aware of being here on this planet, and everything in between, wouldn't that be a real recipe for happiness?
Yes. That is a recipe for contented joyousness.
Since I think the majority of us are aware of being here on this planet, let's look into the "static sovereign state"....
I think you are referring to the same thing I refer to as "the essence of being"...
Isn't "essence" something inherent... If it's inherent, it's not something that needs to be (or even CAN be) attained or learned...it is not something we can become. We can not change essence - it is as it is.
So if spirituality is "bringing that essence into the physical world, via the physical body, through the use of words, actions, etc.", is it possible to bring forth ANYTHING that is NOT essence? Isn't "essence" EVERYTHING? And, therefore, isn't spirituality the bringing forth of everything into the physical world? Or perhaps it's the awareness that EVERYTHING IS 'the essence of being'. There is NOTHING that is NOT "the essence of being".
So, isn't the "real recipe for happiness" simply being aware of being here on this planet, and being aware that EVERYTHING here on this planet is a physical manifestation of "the essence of being"?
Old 12-28-2009, 04:02 AM   #29
ubiquitousquintessence
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Have you experienced the ultimate simplicity of "ME"?
Certainly.
I am awareness.
I am consciousness.
I am the space for all.
Everything I experience is an experience of "me".
I choose to experience "me" as both simple and complex, good and bad, right and wrong.
There is no difference.
I am not simple OR complex, good OR bad, right OR wrong.
I am the awareness of them.
I am the consciousness in them.
I am the space for all of them.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:16 AM   #30
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Why?
because i ask you!.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:25 AM   #31
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Yes. That is a recipe for contented joyousness.
Since I think the majority of us are aware of being here on this planet, let's look into the "static sovereign state"....
I think you are referring to the same thing I refer to as "the essence of being"...
Isn't "essence" something inherent... If it's inherent, it's not something that needs to be (or even CAN be) attained or learned...it is not something we can become. We can not change essence - it is as it is.
So if spirituality is "bringing that essence into the physical world, via the physical body, through the use of words, actions, etc.", is it possible to bring forth ANYTHING that is NOT essence? Isn't "essence" EVERYTHING? And, therefore, isn't spirituality the bringing forth of everything into the physical world? Or perhaps it's the awareness that EVERYTHING IS 'the essence of being'. There is NOTHING that is NOT "the essence of being".
So, isn't the "real recipe for happiness" simply being aware of being here on this planet, and being aware that EVERYTHING here on this planet is a physical manifestation of "the essence of being"?
Huh? Could you give me a specific example of that? I need an example to ground me, thank you.

In one of my PEAT sessions for the first time I realized the Static or Unpotentiated Potential or Un-Essence (lol) and then when the PEAT instructor had me come back to where I was here, it felt like a child always knowing that mommy was there.

Have experienced similar a few times since but not often enough to attempt to express "what cannot be expressed" as the TAO would put it.

But it is real enough and feels like home where you can just relax and be yourself.

Once one has experienced this state a few times the goal post gets moved further back: No longer am I disproportionately concerned about upgrading my mediocre life here on planet earth -- riches, fame, doughnuts.

Eternal awareness of eternity and myself as a sovereign being, Prime Mover Unmoved.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:30 AM   #32
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Certainly.
I am awareness.
I am consciousness.
I am the space for all.
Everything I experience is an experience of "me".
I choose to experience "me" as both simple and complex, good and bad, right and wrong.
There is no difference.
I am not simple OR complex, good OR bad, right OR wrong.
I am the awareness of them.
I am the consciousness in them.
I am the space for all of them.

That's pretty good....did you make that up yourself? Thank you for creating the space for all with this thread. I shall honor that.

Gnosis
Old 12-28-2009, 04:35 AM   #33
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leunamros View Post
because i ask you!.
because i dont want to!.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:11 AM   #34
ubiquitousquintessence
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Huh? Could you give me a specific example of that? I need an example to ground me, thank you.

In one of my PEAT sessions for the first time I realized the Static or Unpotentiated Potential or Un-Essence (lol) and then when the PEAT instructor had me come back to where I was here, it felt like a child always knowing that mommy was there.

Have experienced similar a few times since but not often enough to attempt to express "what cannot be expressed" as the TAO would put it.

But it is real enough and feels like home where you can just relax and be yourself.

Once one has experienced this state a few times the goal post gets moved further back: No longer am I disproportionately concerned about upgrading my mediocre life here on planet earth -- riches, fame, doughnuts.

Eternal awareness of eternity and myself as a sovereign being, Prime Mover Unmoved.
Ok. An example...
As I observe the interaction between you and Leunamros, it reminds me of an interaction between a mother and a child.
"Give me!"
"Why?"
"Because!"
"No!"
"Why?"
"Because!"
And as I observe it, I see myself as both mother and child. I know that I am both. And I accept that.
The "recipe for happiness" that you refer to is the awareness that I am both.
The experience of "happiness" is an effect of the awareness of myself as the "whole".

Quote:
That's pretty good....did you make that up yourself? Thank you for creating the space for all with this thread. I shall honor that.
The words came through me.
You are most welcome!
The space of this thread is available to all, and all are welcome to fill it however they choose....and it is honored.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:37 AM   #35
ubiquitousquintessence
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
Having a sense of reality that takes into account that which is not physically experienced by the five senses but is nevertheless real.
So you're suggesting that spirituality is the ability to intuit what is real beyond the five senses?
Isn't even intuition experienced physically, though? Perhaps not through the five senses, but still through physical sensations? Sensed either within the physical body or outside of it, but sensed physically nonetheless?
Or is it possible to sense the reality of something, completely apart from any physical experience of it, while in a physical body?
In other words...while in a physical body, how do I determine if something is real in a way that doesn't involve any physical sensing?
Is this actually possible? How is this possible? (asking sincerely)
And I understand that you're saying "not physically experienced BY THE FIVE SENSES but is nevertheless real."....it just has me wondering about whether we could take it a step further and say "NOT PHYSICALLY EXPERIENCED but is nevertheless real."....
Old 12-28-2009, 06:59 AM   #36
ubiquitousquintessence
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
I can't define spirituality. I think it presupposes that we are humans having a spiritual experience, when it is much more true that we are spirits (or something like that) having a human experience. Humanality, I could define.
I wonder if we couldn't be human AND spirit AND beingness....all in equal proportion. Must we be more one than another? Isn't saying that we are more one than another a denial of that which we are? The totality....the consciousness that we are?

And so everyone knows...I propose a lot of questions because these are things I'm contemplating, and I'm genuinely interested in getting feedback from all...and including that feedback into my contemplation.
So, while all are free to receive and respond to the questions in any way they choose, I am proposing them in a spirit of curiosity and openness.

Quote:
Love the avatar by the way.
Thanks! I like it too.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #37
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
I wonder if we couldn't be human AND spirit AND beingness....all in equal proportion. Must we be more one than another? Isn't saying that we are more one than another a denial of that which we are? The totality....the consciousness that we are?

And so everyone knows...I propose a lot of questions because these are things I'm contemplating, and I'm genuinely interested in getting feedback from all...and including that feedback into my contemplation.
So, while all are free to receive and respond to the questions in any way they choose, I am proposing them in a spirit of curiosity and openness.

Thanks! I like it too.
Undoubtedly, we can be anything we want, in any proportions we want. That's one of the perks of being a spirit. As Bruce Lee suggested, we can be like water, filling any vessel we'd care to "try on". I happen to feel we are "being human" at this time for a reason. Perhaps taking advantage of the last run of a favourite old roller coaster. And perhaps taking a hand in designing the next, even more exciting one.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #38
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Undoubtedly, we can be anything we want, in any proportions we want. That's one of the perks of being a spirit. As Bruce Lee suggested, we can be like water, filling any vessel we'd care to "try on". I happen to feel we are "being human" at this time for a reason. Perhaps taking advantage of the last run of a favourite old roller coaster. And perhaps taking a hand in designing the next, even more exciting one.
A life-size tapestry of Bruce Lee on my wall :-)
Old 12-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #39
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Spirit is that which animates. Spirit is of what we call God (it is not a creation)... in our case here on earth, spirit is that which animates the body (which is a creation).

Spirituality is a word for the encompassing subject of that which animates (spirit) including all its manifestations... not yet talking polarity.

I think I'll stop there.
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:53 AM   #40
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

I prefer the adjective "spiritual." As a number of others have pointed out, absolutely everything that exists is spiritual. The amazing thing is, we don't always see that.

The reason why we don't see it, when we don't, is that we've chosen to focus our attention on something limited or specific, so much that we lose touch with its infinite background. Many schools of spirituality or meditation teach that the goal is to learn to handle the specific, as the practicalities of life often demand, but never lose touch with an awareness of the infinite, which is also constantly present.
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:31 AM   #41
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

"...The Akashic Book of Truth"

Selected quote: RE: Spiritual Truthseekers

"On individuals there is a preponderance of lies, illusions and veils of reality. Once they get a taste of truth and start applying it toward their lives they too will do nothing but go up across the boards, not only spiritually but in many cases, materially also. Most people are into agreement with the manifestation principle, also called demonstrations kitting, also called making it real in the physical universe, of what is going on in their spiritual universes. Thus, if they get better spiritually, then they will go out in life and make more money. This leads to all sorts of silliness because some people become interested in spiritual matters only because they wish to achieve material ends. [snipped]

A truth seeker doesn't give a damn whether they make more money, have better surroundings or have eradicated the negative hygiene factors in their existence. They are just happy with the spiritual gain and find virtue to be its own reward."

This is my second time reading this tome to spiritual awakening. It is even better for me the second time.

He is right -- money and materialism is not a big factor in my life compared to spirituality and tending to the awakening process.

Gnosis
Old 12-29-2009, 02:38 AM   #42
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Another good quote re spirituality:

"You will find people who are interested in spirituality and immortality for its own sake. The latter, of course, is preferable and the only one that is going to get you anywhere. Man is at least a mind, a body and a spirit and I would also like to include a fourth part, which is the heart.

You will have at least four types of folks coming your way. One out of four will really hit escape velocity on aberration. He comes cleaner faster than he is putting his own dirt up. Most of the things which are valuable in life are exponential (not of this physical universe) and the least valuable things are linear (which is of this physical universe). The good things and the bad things in life compound and respond to mathematical evaluation from a multiplying it times itself. Those things which are just straight trends are just physical universe manifestations and phenomena. So, you can know whether you are dealing with mechanics or you are dealing with raw life on whether it's exponential or whether it's linear."

There was a point in my own spiritual clearing work where things went exponential, but at first it seemed very linear, arduous.

Gnosis
Old 12-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #43
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I'm interested in discussing what spirituality is, how this forum relates with our definition of spirituality, and how we as human beings relate to this forum, and...well.... Let's see where this goes....

Starting at the beginning.
"Spirituality" - What is it?
What is your definition of spirituality?
For me spirituality is the process of searching for ultimate truth.
One can find anything in this forum to be part of the spiritual search but that is down to how you perceive things ie to the pure all things are pure.

As a human being I appreciate this forum and find whatever relates to my own interest.

Think the ultimate truth is that only God is.
We are part of a step down principal.
Ie the power station cant be plugged directly into a light bulb-- too much power.

Kundalini makes the body ready to receive a higher spiritual energy.

Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #44
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

I knew there was a discussion on this forum earlier this year about spirituality and I finaly found it...

Below is my quoted post from that thread and now, after 4 months, I can only repeat myself:

Quote:
Spirituality...When do I consider myself to be a spiritual person?

I don’t claim to be completely spiritually enlighten, but I would say, the moment when I begin to think, feel, live, breath, love...with my heart, without any judgments, enragements, prejudices, without any human boundaries as we know them, but with unconditional love for all that is, only then can I start understanding spirituality.

By the way, I don’t have to preach all of the above stated in order to be considered as a spiritual person. I don’t need any confirmation from anybody to feel when I’m on the right path.

I just have to be who I really am!

To live and act that way, to let go and forgive, the mastery of this things is the key to spiritual enlightenment.

And this could be done so easily...just search deep in your heart and find the truth...the ultimate truth...whatever this truth is...as this is YOUR truth, your way, your path...to the oneness with the creator.

This is my understanding of spirituality, I highly respect yours.

malletzky

...and here is the link to that thread, maybe some of you will want to read the previous discussion about spirituality, it is really worth checking:

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...t=spirituality

with
malletzky
Malletzky is offline   Reply With Quote