Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
omshanti
Avalon Senior Member

Default Eureka Tv series

Hi all- i recently rented the tv series, "Eureka" (secret town in the U.S-sponsored by the gov and home to "cutting edge" scientists). i know this may be a little out of date (i live in australia), but is there a thread to this???
One of the characters, Dr Henry Deakon, obviously inspired Kerry and Bill...
omshanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Eureka Tv series

I loved that show the first couple seasons, then I lost track of it...that was before my Project Camelot days so I didn't put the Deacon connection together, good call...

Have they canceled Eureka? I watch so little TV anymore that I wouldn't know...
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #3
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omshanti View Post
Hi all- i recently rented the tv series, "Eureka" (secret town in the U.S-sponsored by the gov and home to "cutting edge" scientists). i know this may be a little out of date (i live in australia), but is there a thread to this???
One of the characters, Dr Henry Deakon, obviously inspired Kerry and Bill...
How odd – I was also going to bring up the Henry Deacon Connection to Eureka! Seriously, what are the odds of that?

Did a quick research and here it is;

‘(Henry Deacon is a pseudonym, prompted by his similarity to the likeable and creative polymath on the Eureka TV show.)’ Unquote

http://projectcamelot.org/henry_deacon.html

Here’s Wikipedia’s write up on the character;

“Formerly a space shuttle engineer for NASA, Henry is a jack-of-all-trades in the true sense of the word. He's the local mechanic for the town, which he simply does for fun, and is constantly inventing all sorts of devices. His devices tend to explode, malfunction, or otherwise misbehave in the trial stages, so much so in fact that any strange occurrence is usually attributed to him.
Aside from his mechanic job, he also performs most of the civil service jobs for the police department. He acts as both a forensic investigator and the coroner for Eureka...”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Deacon_(Eureka)
gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
omshanti
Avalon Senior Member

hiya ascending...i am almost thru the second season..and i do not know whether there is a third as i too am televisionless (this was a random rental from the local dvd centre). a quick google should tell me tho...yes, there is a third!

this series is really good...i am impressed by the acting and imaginative characters and interesting storyline.
indeed, i am known to even chuckle (i am not a chuckler) and yes tears tweak my eyeballs on occasion. i note that some of the content (maybe lots i am no wild scientist) is didactic. i especially loved the one with the alternate timeline..and yes, i would so love a cafe diem-with its full "free" menu on my street corner..a groovy smart cars..and a houses that talks...i sense a hint of wing-makers with the mysterious artifact...
i am beginning to rave...
Old 02-22-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
omshanti
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=gita;242019]How odd – I was also going to bring up the Henry Deacon Connection to Eureka! Seriously, what are the odds of that?

seems you and i are in synch gita-
thanks for the link (and telling me how to quote posts...)
did you see all three seasons and if so, what are your thoughts?
(and fave character)
Old 02-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #6
gita
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=omshanti;242021]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gita View Post
How odd – I was also going to bring up the Henry Deacon Connection to Eureka! Seriously, what are the odds of that?

seems you and i are in synch gita-
thanks for the link (and telling me how to quote posts...)
did you see all three seasons and if so, what are your thoughts?
(and fave character)
I have watched all the seasons and watch it for light relief as I enjoy the comedy side of it. To be honest, with most tv shows I don't always remember them after watching them - I'm just left with the feeling of enjoying it somewhat. I do enjoy the time line stories best.

I quite like the Carter character as he seems so humble and funny. Also like Henry Deacon but he doesn't always do the right thing and can have a darker side to him. I love the talking house but wouldn't want to live in one as I like my quiet space.
gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
omshanti
Avalon Senior Member

yes, light relief for sure...i seem to be attracting lighter, heart felt vibes these days...far less "dark agendas" are hooking me in.

oh, i too like my quiet space. i would be overwhelmed and a nervous wreck with a house with a voice...i startle when someone sneezes close by..
Old 02-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #8
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omshanti View Post
yes, light relief for sure...i seem to be attracting lighter, heart felt vibes these days...far less "dark agendas" are hooking me in.

oh, i too like my quiet space. i would be overwhelmed and a nervous wreck with a house with a voice...i startle when someone sneezes close by..
I startle easy too, and am way too much of a loner to enjoy that. I don't like the feeling of being watched either, and I"m sure it would give you the feeling of having to sneak around.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote