Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 05-22-2009, 05:22 AM   #1
no caste

Default Why is Dick Cheney still yapping?...

I'm asking. I'm confused. Why do former VP Cheney's comments get the same profile as a US president's? Is this normal? Is it usual protocol? In Canada (or even the UK), with parliamentary systems, that kind of media profile would be given only to the Leader of the Opposition, who is elected.

Today, Barack Obama and Dick Cheney seemed to get equal time re closing Guantanamo, military tribunals and so on. I would think that Obama, the Admin., the Senate, Congress, the public would get talk time. Has this ever happened before?

Thanks - in ignorant agony - all insights appreciated!
A Canadian in oil country (oilmen without borders are here too)
Old 05-22-2009, 05:46 AM   #2
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why is Dick Cheney still yapping?...

Here is my insight...and hopes

This man is pure evil

Last edited by BROOK; 05-22-2009 at 05:51 AM.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #3
no caste

Ah! Thanks Brook! I must focus, manifest destiny... it's lookin' good in orange jumpsuit

must focus, manifest destiny...

I must focus,...
Old 05-22-2009, 06:33 AM   #4
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
Ah! Thanks Brook! I must focus, manifest destiny... it's lookin' good in orange jumpsuit

must focus, manifest destiny...

I must focus,...
While we're focusing on manifest destiny...lets go for the gusto

This would be the ultimate prize
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:47 AM   #5
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

GREAT STUFF!!!! I will also focus!!! hahaha
elsinorelore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:01 AM   #6
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
While we're focusing on manifest destiny...lets go for the gusto

This would be the ultimate prize

I like gusto!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #7
no caste

gusto

I guess I just thought that a previous administration graciously backs off after an election....

The again, the more he keeps talking, the further it goes.

Dick Cheney’s Torture Delusion Destroyed by Timeline
By Larry Johnson - May 21, 2009 at 12:34 PM
About: Larry C. Johnson is a former analyst at the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, who moved subsequently in 1989 to the U.S. Department of State, where he served four years as the deputy director for transportation security, antiterrorism assistance training, and special operations in the State Department's Office of Counterterrorism.
http://www.noquarterusa.net/blog/200...d-by-timeline/
Old 05-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I'm asking. I'm confused. Why do former VP Cheney's comments get the same profile as a US president's? Is this normal? Is it usual protocol? In Canada (or even the UK), with parliamentary systems, that kind of media profile would be given only to the Leader of the Opposition, who is elected.

Today, Barack Obama and Dick Cheney seemed to get equal time re closing Guantanamo, military tribunals and so on. I would think that Obama, the Admin., the Senate, Congress, the public would get talk time. Has this ever happened before?

Thanks - in ignorant agony - all insights appreciated!
A Canadian in oil country (oilmen without borders are here too)
This is a really good point no-caste! I would like to know too! Why do his words hold any weight at all. He didn't talk this much when he was vice president! I'm not into politics at all but I would like to know this.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #9
no caste

It still pi**es me off that major newspapers ran these separate stories as one debate (a 'duel' or 'boxing match'), due only to the Cheney's timing at a think tank speech. It makes no sense, unless Cheney has his eye on a... "presidency"?!... in 2012 (scenario: apocalyse!)...???! [vomiting]

The week in quotes..
BODY BLOW: “You give me a waterboard, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I’ll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders.” -- Jesse Ventura, former wrestler and ex-governor of Minnesota, says the former U.S. vice-president should be prosecuted for approving torture
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1148716/

Last edited by no caste; 05-26-2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #10
no caste

More likely?: The centralized yapping, to lead people off this type of trail - the new dead guy -
Detainee Who Gave False Iraq Data Dies In Prison in Libya
By Peter Finn Washington Post Staff Writer - Tuesday, May 12, 2009
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051103412.html
A former CIA high-value detainee, who provided bogus information that was cited by the Bush administration in the run-up to the Iraq war, has died in a Libyan prison, an apparent suicide, according to a Libyan newspaper.

When did Libya become an ally of the US again, exactly. That was a strange, sudden turn-around, wasn't it?

A worthy ally? Reconsidering US-Libyan relations.
by Fang, Samantha
Harvard International Review • Spring, 2007 • AFRICA
https://www.entrepreneur.com/tradejo...164222100.html

In June 2006, the United States restored full diplomatic relations with Libya and removed it from the State Department's list of terrorism sponsors, ending decades of tense relations and US-imposed sanctions. Analysts hail Libya's stunning reversal from rogue state to purported friend as a victory of US diplomacy and cite the "Libya model" as a model for negotiations with other antagonistic states. This new rapprochement is a turning point in US foreign policy, and while there are risks of further fueling Islamic resentment and deepening Libyan autocracy, the benefits of a partner in the war on terror and of a public diplomacy coup greatly outweigh the costs.

Donald Rumsfeld is missing!! - must find him...

The American defense chief Donald Rumsfeld has been disowned by his anti-war relatives in north Germany
Published on Sunday, February 9, 2003 by the Telegraph/UK
Rumsfeld Family Tie is First Victim of War
by Tony Paterson
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0209-02.htm

The Rumsfelds of Weyhe-Sudweyhe, an unremarkable red-brick suburb of Bremen, were once proud of their long-lost cousin, America's secretary of state for defense - but no longer.

Like many Germans, they are appalled by Donald Rumsfeld's hawkish attitude to military action against Saddam Hussein. About 18,000 anti-war demonstrators marched through Munich yesterday to protest at his presence at an international security conference - chanting slogans such as "No room for Rumsfeld!"

"We think it is dreadful that Donald Rumsfeld is out there pushing for a war against Iraq," Karin Cecere (nee Rumsfeld), 59, said from her two-up, two-down home last week. "We are embarrassed to be related to him," she told The Telegraph.

Last edited by no caste; 05-24-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:41 AM   #11
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Haha... the "Libya model"??

If by model you mean going in and covertly taking over their country, and feeding them tons of money so we can do what we want there, then yeah, that's what they plan on doing with all the Middle East.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:44 AM   #12
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
BODY BLOW: “You give me a waterboard, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I’ll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders.” -- Jesse Ventura, former wrestler and ex-governor of Minnesota, says the former U.S. vice-president should be prosecuted for approving torture
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1148716/
I think the consequence for Cheney should be a Broken Glass Barbed Wire match with Jesse Ventura.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:32 AM   #13
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9YuD9kYK9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR7CH...eature=related

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 05-25-2009 at 03:49 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:48 AM   #14
no caste

orthodoxymoron, re videos
1-Interview with Dick Cheney (1994) - I'm still looking for a vomit emoticon
2-Dick Cheney Hunting Footage! FOX NEWS NEVER BEFORE SEEN!
"I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend." Funny quail hunt re-enactment...

Humble,
Gratifying mental image - broken glass barbed wire match - now THAT'S IT.

Lorien,
Yes, that whole sudden Libya pal thing, kind of like North Korea last year (off the 'axis of evil' list, no explanation). There's a bit more about that in the A.Q. Khan article below.

I'm not the only one who saw last week's yapping like campaigning, which the media slurped up. It's wrong.

The lie Cheney told about A.Q. Khan
http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/05/che...se-of-torture/
We have come to a point where a former Vice President told the world that America tortures – but calls it something else - and the networks cover this as though it were a random stump speech, not the actual embarrassment and horror that it is. The facts too are missing, although only a few news outlets seem interested in the truth [e.g. Cheney's speech ignored some inconvenient truths, http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/68643.html ].

And, not forgetting Cheney and the 9/11 botched inquiry.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #15
no caste

Here's a stroke of 'brilliance'.... I can see why Cheney might consider this advantageous due to his role in approving the pointless (from an intel-gathering viewpoint) interrogation methods. He's also said that there is no link, after all, between Saddam Hussein and 9/11 - which the interrogations, extraordinary renditions, black prisons were supposed to justify.

Cheney: Closing Gitmo Would Require Killing Detainees
http://news.antiwar.com/2009/06/01/c...ing-detainees/

Former Vice President Dick Cheney sees only two options with respect to detainees in the never-ending war on terror: and keeping them in prison without charges for the rest of their lives is, believe it or not, the more reasonable one.

“If you don’t have a place where you can hold these people, your only other option is to kill them,” declared Cheney, who believes that suspects “ought to be held until the end of the conflict,” which he had previously said wouldn’t end in any of our lifetimes...
Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #16
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
orthodoxymoron, re videos
1-Interview with Dick Cheney (1994) - I'm still looking for a vomit emoticon
2-Dick Cheney Hunting Footage! FOX NEWS NEVER BEFORE SEEN!
"I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend." Funny quail hunt re-enactment...

Humble,
Gratifying mental image - broken glass barbed wire match - now THAT'S IT.
Or better yet, a Taipei Death Match where both men glue broken glass to their hands and just duke it out.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #17
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Here he goes again....

Oct. 22, 2009
Cheney: Stop 'dithering' over Afghanistan
Former Vice President Dick Cheney says Obama must do 'what it takes to win' in Afghanistan

quote: yadayadayada

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5407819.shtml
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #18
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

I might add that the word 'dithering' is a tactic also used by Conservative strategists in Canada. The effect is to (attempt to) emasculate the leader of a party with this label, who may be otherwise thoughtful or in consideration or change his mind on an issue etc. The public likes 'deciveness' and 'directness' and 'forthrightness' etc. So it's played like a piano.

There is a thread that's gone missing (third eye post) where I commented on George Bush Sr's visage. I wanted to add to that how I wondered the religious right got taken on that journey of fraudulent elections, torture, innuendo, government tech for the party, with football metaphors and bible misquotes (Iraq) and so on, e.g. playing the Bible like a piano. It's called deceit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekatz View Post
Someone recently sent me a great long, complex email about the "Supreme Annunaki Assembly of Lord Marduk". I found the whole thing very disturbing, just wondered if anyone else was familiar with this:

http://www.hismailroom.org/

http://projectavalon.net/forum/newre...wreply&p=72659
Old 12-19-2009, 07:28 AM   #19
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I think the consequence for Cheney should be a Broken Glass Barbed Wire match with Jesse Ventura.
HJ, looks a bit like it came to pass.

9/11
Premiere On: Wed, December 9 at 10P
Jesse Ventura steps into America's most controversial conspiracy by challenging the 9/11 Commission Report and searching for evidence that the September 11th attacks may have been an inside job.

Last edited by no caste; 12-20-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #20
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Important to understand the difference...

Dick Cheney is a complete sociopath.

Whereas Bush, and Obama are simply lacking in any kind of morals.

Re. the pictures;
It's a nice dream. But so long as a member of either major party is President, it will never happen.

Both parties approved of all the thing done in the previous administration. Both with their silence, and with their Congressional votes. They can't hold genuine investigations, or prosecute without prosecuting themselves.

The other reason nothing will happen under this administration is the simple fact all of it, and I do mean all is still going on!

This explains why this administration is using all of the same tricks and deception to protect the previous occupants from ever seeing a jail cell.

It will take a more fundamental change in the make-up of our government than we've seen so far, to see any justice in this.

Still I'm an optimist

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #21
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
June 1: "If you don't have a place where you can hold these people, your only other option is to kill them," Mr. Cheney said.

"And we don't operate that way."
Hmm. A Cheney directive, straight in nat media...

UPDATE: The Guantánamo “Suicides”: A Camp Delta sergeant blows the whistle, January 18, 9:00 AM, 2010

"Late on the evening of June 9 that year, three prisoners at Guantánamo died suddenly and violently.

"Furthermore, new evidence now emerging may entangle Obama’s young administration with crimes that occurred during the George W. Bush presidency, evidence that suggests the current administration failed to investigate seriously—and may even have continued—a cover-up of the possible homicides of three prisoners at Guantánamo in 2006."
http://www.harpers.org/archive/2010/01/hbc-90006368

PRISONERS:

How Cheney and Addington destroyed all notions of justice
Far from being a prison for “the worst of the worst,” Guantánamo was, in fact, nothing more than a chaotic assemblage of largely random prisoners, mostly bought from the US military’s opportunistic allies in Afghanistan and Pakistan, or from villagers and townspeople desperate for the bounty payments for “al-Qaeda and Taliban suspects,” averaging $5,000 a head, which were advertised on leaflets dropped from planes. These stated, “You can receive millions of dollars for helping the anti-Taliban force catch al-Qaeda and Taliban murderers. This is enough money to take care of your family, your village, your tribe for the rest of your life — pay for livestock and doctors and school books and housing for all your people.”

In addition, and contrary to Addington’s claims, none of the prisoners had been through a screening process at all.
"Guantánamo And The Many Failures Of US Politicians" Jane Mayer
http://www.andyworthington.co.uk/200...s-politicians/

PROSECUTORS:

Seventh Guantanamo Prosecutor resigns over ethical issues
From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Friday, September 26, 2008
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Seventh_...ethical_issues

FREQUENT FLYER PROGRAM:

Guantanamo guards were instructed to discontinue the use of the technique in 2004. On August 7, 2008 the Washington Post reported that the Guantanamo guards defied their orders to discontinue practice. The report stated that the technique remained in widespread use for at least a year after its use was supposed to have been discontinued. On August 15, 2008, in testimony at Mohammed Jawad's Guantanamo military commission, Army officers confirmed the existence of the frequent flyer program.

Last edited by no caste; 01-31-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #22
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Uncle Pervez helped out here quite a bit.

- He describes how the US threatened to bomb Pakistan immediately after the 11 September 2001 attacks if his government did not co-operate in the war on terror ("Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age!" exclaimed the then US deputy secretary of state, Richard Armitage).

- He also spills the beans about shipping centrifuges to North Korea, and how his country's nuclear deterrent was not even operational when Pakistan threatened India in 1999.

- Donald Rumsfeld had authorised use of his "enhanced interrogation techniques", and after a few days of "mild non-injurious physical contact" and "exploiting individual phobias" (such as setting on of dogs), the prisoner would inevitably confess to whatever was asked of him - generally, to confirm the story fabricated by the Pakistani bounty hunter.

How Guantanamo's prisoners were sold
Clive Stafford Smith, Published 09 October 2006
http://www.newstatesman.com/200610090029

Still waiting on Uncle Muammar ...